Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Baker Mayfield said he absolutely accepts #Browns have said Tyrod Taylor is going to start, said when he says he won't settle for backup job, it's because he's competitive, said sitting out year after he transferred to Oklahoma was best thing that happened to him

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/989687548493680640

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The kid's a baller and he will ball out.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/989687616609177603

First look at Mayfield in a Brown's uniform wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TripleOption
We're the most dramatic group of old dudes...ever.

Like...worse than Pretty Little Liars dramatic tongue

You have spoken truth tonight.
I've been LMAO at this thread since the beginning.
I love my Browns Brethren.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I just heard Mayfield was spotted in Vegas on a Swan raft wearing a blonde wig and talking on a money phone. smile

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
No way he was in his apartment with his dog.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/989666944856059904

Pretty close to it...looks like at his parent's house with family and friends...dude shed a tear when we called him...

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/989683116649472001

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
I wonder if other DawgTalker favorites for the first pick told the Browns: "Don't pick me".

I've made several comments about us only drafting players that don't want to play for the Browns lol

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
This may be the worst pick in the history of the Browns. They had 2 QB’s(Rosen, Darnold) and one cant miss player in Barkley...all they had to do was turn in the card on one of those 3 guys and they would not have screwed up the pick.

Mayfield is a moron. He will be arrested in the next 18 months because he is an idiot. This pick is actually worse then Manziel. Manziel at least never tried to run from the damn cops and get tackled and beat up then cry about like a wimp and try to act like he didn’t know what he done wrong.

Lol Dorsey won’t last 3 years here....why do all these guys seem to lose their brain function the minute they come here? No other team in the league takes this guy at one....it’s no wonder we have sucked for so long. We’re all living in the twilight zone, that’s what this is...you can’t even make this stuff up lol!!!!!

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
I was making a Manziel joke following Davey

Legend
Legend
Well, he wasn't who I wanted, but I sure hope I am wrong and Dorsey is right.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Best quarterback in the draft.

Led all major stat categories

Has the killer instinct we desperately need. Sick of these guys that are just meh, blah, don't care, whatever, HATE THEM!

I am happy with this pick and believe its the right selection, we will see. I am so glad we didn't select Darnold, that guy does not handle pressure well at all. Allen doesn't have enough playing experience. Mayfield has the most proven experience and his record speaks for itself. Its also noticeable how he was never handed the starting position anywhere he went, he earned it every time.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
On another note, I've never seen as much butt hurt people on this message board, its pathetic.

-Charles Bukowski
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Baker Mayfield said he absolutely accepts #Browns have said Tyrod Taylor is going to start, said when he says he won't settle for backup job, it's because he's competitive, said sitting out year after he transferred to Oklahoma was best thing that happened to him

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/989687548493680640

people are getting on him cause he said he wants to start. wth do you guys want? you want a qb that says...oh yeah im fine with being a backup adn bench guy .....smh

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
then cry about like a wimp and try to act like he didn’t know what he done wrong.
You mean like what you are doing right now????

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I don’t understand why people hate this dude that much

42td 6 ints and 4600 yards last year and people mad because we didn’t get the guy with 26 tds and 22 turnovers and less yards

A party boy runt with maturity issues is not someone you want for the face of your franchise. I hope his runty frame can survive the big hits in the AFC North. Yet again, if there is a QB I don't want the Browns will always pick him instead the sane and intelligent choice.

So sick of how bad this team drafts year after year.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
A party boy

This is 100% false

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I don’t understand why people hate this dude that much

42td 6 ints and 4600 yards last year and people mad because we didn’t get the guy with 26 tds and 22 turnovers and less yards

A party boy runt with maturity issues is not someone you want for the face of your franchise. I hope his runty frame can survive the big hits in the AFC North. Yet again, if there is a QB I don't want the Browns will always pick him instead the sane and intelligent choice.

So sick of how bad this team drafts year after year.

We try every runt that comes out of college. Colt McCoy, Johnny Manziel, and now Baker Mayfield. 3 strikes and you're out.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You seem to be considering height as the only measuring stick to whether or not a QB will be good, that is a mistake. You all have to give the guy a chance, jeeze. Never seen anything like this. Are you people Browns fans or just anti Mayfield fans and want him to lose. If he loses then the Browns lose.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 04/26/18 10:43 PM.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Say hello to Johnny Manziel part 2.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
You seem to be considering height as the only measuring stick to whether or not a QB will be good, that is a mistake.

Yea, if you are selecting late in the 1st round. If you have th #1 pick and your team has won 1 game in 2 years and did not even win a game last year I want my team to select a franchise style QB Darnold or Rosen. This pick was pathetic.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
I dont care for the pick but Baker is just the opposite of Johnny.

Problems with substance abuse, check.

Problems with the law, check.

Undersized and a scrambler, check.

Issues with maturity, check.

Yeah your right there is no comparison at all except they both have that party boy swagger that Haslem seems to love. Wonder who REALLY made this pick ...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
T
Legend
Legend
T
On another note, I've never seen as much butt hurt people on this message board, its pathetic.

And it's not even over a loss, it's not over a blown call by a ref, it's not over a missed field goal, it's not over being booted from the playoffs.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
A party boy

This is 100% false

The cops would argue differently ...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
I dont care for the pick but Baker is just the opposite of Johnny.

Problems with substance abuse, check.

Problems with the law, check.

Undersized and a scrambler, check.

Issues with maturity, check.

Yeah your right there is no comparison at all except they both have that party boy swagger that Haslem seems to love. Wonder who REALLY made this pick ...

+1

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
A party boy

This is 100% false

The cops would argue differently ...

Some would consider running from the cops a party. . .

The details of that situation suggest different things than you are saying.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
then cry about like a wimp and try to act like he didn’t know what he done wrong.

Nah im just stating facts. Baker has a record and tried to run from the cops, that makes him a loser. Only the Browns take a QB with a rap sheet number one overall lol

This won’t end well, the writing is on the wall. This pick has bonehead written all over it.

Sad thing is my steeler fan buddy at work, I told him Mayield would be the pick a month ago and he laughed saying “ no that’s the worst pick they could make” I said yup, exactly that’s why he will be the the guy...hit the nail right on the head...the Browns just can’t get out of their own way...it’s comicL

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:

Nah im just stating facts. Baker has a record and tried to run from the cops, that makes him a loser. Only the Browns take a QB with a rap sheet number one overall lol

This won’t end well, the writing is on the wall. This pick has bonehead written all over it.

Sad thing is my steeler fan buddy at work, I told him Mayield would be the pick a month ago and he laughed saying “ no that’s the worst pick they could make” I said yup, exactly that’s why he will be the the guy...hit the nail right on the head...the Browns just can’t get out of their own way...it’s comicL

Jim Brown wasn't the utmost model citizen either.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
You seem to be considering height as the only measuring stick to whether or not a QB will be good, that is a mistake.

Yea, if you are selecting late in the 1st round. If you have th #1 pick and your team has won 1 game in 2 years and did not even win a game last year I want my team to select a franchise style QB Darnold or Rosen. This pick was pathetic.

Baker Mayfield is the best Qb out of this draft class, the most accurate, the guy that won the Heisman, the guy that won the most and had the best td to int ratio.

Did the best in his bowl games. Rosen led the Bruins to 6-5 last year and hadn't played in a bowl since 3 years ago.

Dorsey was hired to get the QB position settled.
I think they may finally have the Qb position settled.

Hoping for the best.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Baker Mayfield is the best Qb out of this draft class, the most accurate, the guy that won the Heisman, the guy that won the most and had the best td to int ratio.

Did the best in his bowl games. Rosen led the Bruins to 6-5 last year and hadn't played in a bowl since 3 years ago.

Hoping for the best.

We will get the QB position settled in 2 years when Dorsey gets fired and the team falls for Fromm.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Oh I will hope he succeeds and root for him once he starts to play but I just can't check my very severe disappointment because I don't think he will be able to stay healthy in our division with his small frame.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

I'll tell you what is pathetic.The Browns not being able to get out of their own way and continuing to be the joke of the league.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Completely unhinged.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Hoping for the best.

We will get the QB position settled in 2 years when Dorsey gets fired and the team falls for Fromm.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen

Hoping for the best.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Cannot believe we fired Sashi for this. What a terrible draft. So much promise gone.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't hate the player but I hate the pick. I just think there was better talent then Mayfield. I would have chosen Darnold, Barkley, or Chubb before I would have drafted Mayfield.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
rofl

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Disappointed.

This.

I can't even read the rest of this thread. I had hope and optimism at 8:00. 45 minutes later and I had to walk away from the draft. Two top 4 picks and we blew them both.

The number 1 pick in the draft is announced and then we see a montage of the new face of our franchise doing stupid, immature things. Fantastic.

Saved a lot of time tonight. And likely this weekend. I do not have any faith that Dorsey will make any good picks. I do not see me watching any more of this draft. I need to step away from this team.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man, you guys are pretty salty tonight.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Browns select Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick

Link Copied to Clipboard