Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Yup, been playing GoW. So far, so great.

Can't wait to get my hands on that one. That'll certainly be a buy soon enough

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
GoW is utterly and literally fantastic. Played it hardcore yesterday morning to early evening and yes, impressive.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
GoW is utterly and literally fantastic. Played it hardcore yesterday morning to early evening and yes, impressive.

What's it like. Like Bloodborne/Nioh (skilled action), an Action RPG like Skyrim or Horizon?

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Like Horizon. Your boy is usually always with you. Puzzles and things you have to think through. Combat is great, many modifications, many enemies and etc. The story that has been unfolding thus far is super.

Being blunt, this might be game of year for 2018. Proud Playstation user lol...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Like Horizon. Your boy is usually always with you. Puzzles and things you have to think through. Combat is great, many modifications, many enemies and etc. The story that has been unfolding thus far is super.

Rodger that. Good news. While I own both Playstation and Xbox, I'd say that Playstation is absolutely the system to buy if you're going to only buy one. The exclusives blow Microsoft out of the water. That and the OS of the system

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Rodger that. Good news. While I own both Playstation and Xbox, I'd say that Playstation is absolutely the system to buy if you're going to only buy one. The exclusives blow Microsoft out of the water. That and the OS of the system
I own them both, and other than the HDR compatibility and 4K player, PS4 is the more superior system.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I own them both, and other than the HDR compatibility and 4K player, PS4 is the more superior system.

See, I own a 4K TV that's supposed to be HDR.

I haven't watched a 4K Movie yet (other than screwing around on Netflix) and tried HDR on my xboxone and I think it didn't seem to register or something.

I'm gonna have to figure that out.

Either way, hasn't effected me yet. I'll take Uncharted, God Of War, Horizon, Bloodborne, Nioh, Nier: Automata and whatever else I forgot to mention over Gears Of War, Halo, Sunset Overdrive and 4K HDR

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

See, I own a 4K TV that's supposed to be HDR.

I haven't watched a 4K Movie yet (other than screwing around on Netflix) and tried HDR on my xboxone and I think it didn't seem to register or something.

I'm gonna have to figure that out.

Either way, hasn't effected me yet. I'll take Uncharted, God Of War, Horizon, Bloodborne, Nioh, Nier: Automata and whatever else I forgot to mention over Gears Of War, Halo, Sunset Overdrive and 4K HDR
did you get the new HDMI cable? They have different HDMI cables for 4K, its not yout typical HDMI its called hccpp or something like that .

HDMI 2.2 HDCP

I have a cable I spent 79.99 on. I tried to hook up the old cable and then this one to see the difference, man im gonna tell you. All the difference in the world.

Last edited by willitevachange; 04/24/18 02:31 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
]did you get the new HDMI cable? They have different HDMI cables for 4K, its not yout typical HDMI its called hccpp or something like that .

HDMI 2.2 HDCP

I have a cable I spent 79.99 on. I tried to hook up the old cable and then this one to see the difference, man im gonna tell you. All the difference in the world.

Interesting. I dunno if my TV has it. I got a TCL 55 Inch. I like it a lot but it was pretty discounted. It's supposed to work with Xbox One X and Xbox One S though.

55 Inch TV, 400$. It was a purchase I could convince my wife into, so that was an easy one.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
]did you get the new HDMI cable? They have different HDMI cables for 4K, its not yout typical HDMI its called hccpp or something like that .

HDMI 2.2 HDCP

Interesting. I dunno if my TV has it. I got a TCL 55 Inch. I like it a lot but it was pretty discounted. It's supposed to work with Xbox One X and Xbox One S though.

55 Inch TV, 400$. It was a purchase I could convince my wife into, so that was an easy one.
Sure thing. The cords were explained to me that it is setup that if you do not have the HDCP it will not transmit in 4k. So you may have a 4K tv, but your not getting 4k if what you are watching is not either streamed directly from the tv, or hooked up to that cord.

I have a samsung 65in 8500 series (curved screen). It was more than i wanted to spend and my wife was furious, but the second i hooked it up, put a 4K movie on (Marvels Avengers) my wife said word for word "ok, im not mad anymore". And she could care less about a TV. Its worth every penny. (best buy also does 0% financing for 24 months as well smile )

O
Legend
Legend
O
Farcry 5 story and ending is stupid. Just totally and completely stupid.

The arcade mode is fun, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play too much lately. I have only turned on a system once in the last week. frown adulthood.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

You're not the only person I heard that from.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Actually started up RDR this weekend. Pretty fun game outside of some of the horse riding mechanics. Can’t wait for new game !

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Actually started up RDR this weekend. Pretty fun game outside of some of the horse riding mechanics. Can’t wait for new game !
did they have a solid release date on that?

S
Legend
Legend
S

10/26/18

I know rockstar is infamous for pushing dates back but I can’t see them pushing it further back with the holiday season right on the doorstep. Oct 26 is a great spot.

Not to mention they have already pushed it back once.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

10/26/18

I know rockstar is infamous for pushing dates back but I can’t see them pushing it further back with the holiday season right on the doorstep. Oct 26 is a great spot.

New trailer for the game drops tomorrow.

Eat it Phil...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

10/26/18

Any hear anything on Ace Combat - its literally the only reason I still have my PSVR - Im waiting for that game.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Anyone want to play Fortnite on Xbox, my username is BeerFrenchy. Not very good, only got like 10 wins or so, there are some challenges I need a friend to play with.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Might have to give it a try this weekend. Semester is winding down and all my projects are finally done. Finals actually next week, but they should be a breeze compared to all the group projects.

Haven't messed with it at all, so hopefully the challenges don't require the other person to have skill.

I'm XBoneCroMagnon on Live.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Anyone want to play Fortnite on Xbox, my username is BeerFrenchy. Not very good, only got like 10 wins or so, there are some challenges I need a friend to play with.
I don't know anything about Fortnite, but I like your name.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Beat God of War finally and actually just platinumed it! What a great and well put together game. Kudos to all involved, I set it on the hardest difficulty I could and 110% enjoyed it.

Beating all the Valkryes was very hard and then the queen... I had to retry and retry several times before I got her. Neifheim was a hard place too, and probably my least favorite with the favor of opening the three realm tears there and etc.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I had a down weekend so I also finished the last cartel area in Wildlands and got the second ending, which was way better. Dang there was a lot of content in Wildlands, and I still have the non cartel areas to clear but all else is 100% done.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I had a down weekend so I also finished the last cartel area in Wildlands and got the second ending, which was way better. Dang there was a lot of content in Wildlands, and I still have the non cartel areas to clear but all else is 100% done.

Hey man, do I need to be online to play Wildlands?

I've thought about buying this game because i'm seeing it new for like 25$ and such.

Looks interesting, but half the time I'm away so I prefer games that I don't have to be online to play

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
No, you can play the whole game solo if you so choose. The community was still pretty high so finding a CO op mission, if you wanted, is still possible.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Man red dead is so good. I strongly recommend a replay if you still have it. If you do but don’t play your PS3 any more because you’ve got the 4, it will take a while to get used to the controls. I was playing horizon before I decided to put RDR in, and it took a while. Everything seemed outdated at first but once you adjust it’s just so damn good.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Man red dead is so good. I strongly recommend a replay if you still have it. If you do but don’t play your PS3 any more because you’ve got the 4, it will take a while to get used to the controls. I was playing horizon before I decided to put RDR in, and it took a while. Everything seemed outdated at first but once you adjust it’s just so damn good.

Never played it myself but know it's reputation is positive. Can you play RD II without RDR?

I've been pondering my next PS4 game. The reviews for Mass Effect continue to make me put it on the backburner but here's my list and in no order:

Nioh
Shadow of Colossus
Evil Within II

S
Legend
Legend
S

Never played it myself but know it's reputation is positive. Can you play RD II without RDR?

I've been pondering my next PS4 game. The reviews for Mass Effect continue to make me put it on the backburner but here's my list and in no order:

Nioh
Shadow of Colossus
Evil Within II

RD2 isn't out until next year... I'm assuming you mean Red Dead Revolver that came out in 2004?

Nah, I haven't played it. I heard it's not really that great, and the stories and characters are different.

Really sucks that the game hasn't been ported to ps4, maybe there will be some sort of release when RD2 comes out?

Either way, if you have a ps3, go play RDR, you'll enjoy the hell out of it. Typical Rockstar game, well written, fun gameplay, great voice acting.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D

Nioh
Shadow of Colossus
Evil Within II

RD2 isn't out until next year... I'm assuming you mean Red Dead Revolver that came out in 2004?

Nah, I haven't played it. I heard it's not really that great, and the stories and characters are different.

Really sucks that the game hasn't been ported to ps4, maybe there will be some sort of release when RD2 comes out?

Either way, if you have a ps3, go play RDR, you'll enjoy the hell out of it. Typical Rockstar game, well written, fun gameplay, great voice acting.

No I was referring to the upcoming one (sorry should've spelled it out, Red Dead Repdemption 2) and Red Dead Redemption (2010). I'm assuming there's storyline in Red Dead Redemption that you'll need to play the new one when it drops.

Read Dead Revolver looks really old still for a remastered game, I never had any intentions of playing it. I no longer have a PS3 to play the other one.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Anyone see the previews for that Detroit Human game? Idk much about it, I just saw a commercial the other day for the first time - but man, that looks like it should be movie.

A
Legend
Legend
A
And, just as you belittle religion, and make up false statements about it.........eh, never mind.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
And, just as you belittle religion, and make up false statements about it.........eh, never mind.
regardless of my personal opinions on religion I do see the great deeds carried out in its name, as well as see the value that it gives the vast majority of its followers.

I was just trying to bring some levity to the thread (maybe in poor taste), and if offended you I do apologize. I respect many of your opinions and insights on a number of topics. Being a dink was not my original intent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone see the previews for that Detroit Human game? Idk much about it, I just saw a commercial the other day for the first time - but man, that looks like it should be movie.

I find that some games that should be a movie (but are a game) really don't reach a high level as either. Kind of like that one that came out on XboxOne that Microsoft/The Alan Wake team produced.

I'm staying away from the Detroit Game i think.

I'm more excited about GoW4

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
God of War was fantastic. One of few games I liked so much, I went and spent the extra time in platinum it.

I decided to go with Evil Within 2. I thought the first was okay and thus far, it reminds me a lot of that. About to fire it up again here shortly. I even went to Gamestop for it because they had an used copy for about as cheap as anywhere.

S
Legend
Legend
S

Nioh
Shadow of Colossus
Evil Within II

No I was referring to the upcoming one (sorry should've spelled it out, Red Dead Repdemption 2) and Red Dead Redemption (2010). I'm assuming there's storyline in Red Dead Redemption that you'll need to play the new one when it drops.

Read Dead Revolver looks really old still for a remastered game, I never had any intentions of playing it. I no longer have a PS3 to play the other one.

Ah, got it. Sounds like you may want to play RDR first. While John Marston is not the game's protagonist, he is a character in the game, so there may be some overlapping storylines.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
God of War was fantastic. One of few games I liked so much, I went and spent the extra time in platinum it.

I decided to go with Evil Within 2. I thought the first was okay and thus far, it reminds me a lot of that. About to fire it up again here shortly. I even went to Gamestop for it because they had an used copy for about as cheap as anywhere.

I couldn't beat Evil Within (1). I'm not sure why, I think it was just frustratingly difficult (i'm always low on ammo it seems like), and it stopped being fun. It's not like Nioh or Bloodborne where I put hours in beating the hard parts, I just didn't have much motivation to continue

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 05/28/18 02:05 AM.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
God of War was fantastic. One of few games I liked so much, I went and spent the extra time in platinum it. .

I couldn't beat Evil Within (1). I'm not sure why, I think it was just frustratingly difficult (i'm always low on ammo it seems like), and it stopped being fun. It's not like Nioh or Bloodborne where I put hours in beating the hard parts, I just didn't have much motivation to continue

Yeah, I keep it on it's normal difficulty but it's your typical survivor game and you have to use your resources carefully in addition to constant crafting/gathering of resources. Evil Within 2 picks up from the first one so, probably nothing I'd recommend to you

Rumors are picking up now on Bloodborne II. I can tell you right here right now, I'll preorder likely if they make it. I can't believe I waited for Bloodborne to become free for PS + users before playing - such a great game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rumors are picking up now on Bloodborne II. I can tell you right here right now, I'll preorder likely if they make it. I can't believe I waited for Bloodborne to become free for PS + users before playing - such a great game.

Bloodborne was wonderful. I dunno if i'd pre-order Bloodborne 2 though. I imagine i'd play at some point. Bloodborne was so hard though.

I guess i have to prepare myself for it with a large timeslot. The same way i should have with Nioh. I'm stuck on a boss halfway through Nioh that's just so hard. And it takes about 20-30 minutes to prepare just to fine the boss (by getting enough health potions, etc.). So I could easily play for 6 hours, die 18 times, and still be stuck. Just infuriating. With those types of games, skill is much more important than grinding.

I'm pretty good at videogames, but the attack, evade/counter, attack is just difficult (i guess you'd call it the Souls style).

But if you like Bloodborne, try Nioh. I put a lot of time into it so far, and i had a blast until i faced this crazy chick. I can level up all i want and it won't matter until i get the technique, timing, and skill down to beat her (or if i get my bestfriend, who's better at videogames than me, to do it)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RD2 isn't out until next year...

Red Dead 2 is out this October.

Eat it Phil...
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D

Bloodborne was wonderful. I dunno if i'd pre-order Bloodborne 2 though. I imagine i'd play at some point. Bloodborne was so hard though.

I guess i have to prepare myself for it with a large timeslot. The same way i should have with Nioh. I'm stuck on a boss halfway through Nioh that's just so hard. And it takes about 20-30 minutes to prepare just to fine the boss (by getting enough health potions, etc.). So I could easily play for 6 hours, die 18 times, and still be stuck. Just infuriating. With those types of games, skill is much more important than grinding.

I'm pretty good at videogames, but the attack, evade/counter, attack is just difficult (i guess you'd call it the Souls style).

But if you like Bloodborne, try Nioh. I put a lot of time into it so far, and i had a blast until i faced this crazy chick. I can level up all i want and it won't matter until i get the technique, timing, and skill down to beat her (or if i get my bestfriend, who's better at videogames than me, to do it)

Yeah I ran Nioh by my friend because if he got it, I'd get it so we could summon one another but he's in the Dark Souls Remastered phase right now.

And the whole finding a strategy to attack and face a high level boss sounds like the Queen Valkyre in GoW once you get around to playing that. Her attack moves is an array of all other eight or so Valkrye special attacks and she's incredibly hard. I played her on Give me a Challenge and had to play her alone over a span of three days before I finally got her. There's this one dude on YouTube that played her on God Mode (the hardest difficulty) and didn't take a SINGLE bit of damage the whole fight. Gosh, when I FINALLY beat her - I had used my resurrection stone and my health was in the red before the final blow to defeat her.

The pride you get as a gamer when you face and defeat a boss like that though is niceeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard