Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
North Korea: UN gains 'unprecedented access' during visit

The head of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) believes there is a "sense of optimism" among North Korea's leaders after enjoying what he said was unprecedented access to the country.
"There is a sense of turning a new page in history," he told the BBC.

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear site on May 23-25: state media

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear site sometime between May 23 and 25 in order to uphold its pledge to discontinue nuclear tests, state media said on Saturday.
This is a developing story.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/12/...tate-media.html

So far so good thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Summit begins June 12th in Singapore.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Hard to test when you’ve collapsed your underground testing facility. But who needs facts like that?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.n...in-mount-mantap

But sure. It’s trump. All trump. He scared them into stopping. Yeah. That’s it.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well there is that but this is a big site and there are many tunnels and labs that are operational.

North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday that all the tunnels at the country’s northeastern testing ground will be destroyed by explosion and that observation and research facilities and ground-based testing units will also be removed. The dramatic and symbolic event is part of the Hermit Kingdom’s pledge to discontinue nuclear tests.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/12/18 10:28 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
KJU is excited to become a legitimate world leader and get his seat at the table of nations. Trump will hand him this honor simply by meeting with him. At that point at least one of them will be legitimate.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
KJU is excited to become a legitimate world leader and get his seat at the table of nations. Trump will hand him this honor simply by meeting with him. At that point at least one of them will be legitimate.

If he gets a seat at the table of nations it will be on Trump's terms and not based on some feeling of newfound trust in a ruthless dictator...like was done on the Iran nuke deal.

Trump will determine every last detail of that seat...and will do so in the best interests of America. You know...like the POTUS should do.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And Trump has no qualms about walking away from the Summit if Kim is not serious.

Just like Reagan walked away from Gorbachev at Reykjavik.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
If he gets a seat at the table of nations it will be on Trump's terms and not based on some feeling of newfound trust in a ruthless dictator...like was done on the Iran nuke deal.

Remember when he called Saudi Arabia ruthless dictators who carried out 9/11, and vowed to not deal with them like Hillary Clinton did? And then they invited him to visit and put his picture on a building, and he sold them $110 billion in arms.

Also, you do realize that the goal here is to strike something incredibly similar to the Iran deal, yes?

Trump is a complete pushover. All you need to gain "newfound trust" with him is compliment his tie.

Quote:
Trump will determine every last detail of that seat.

You think the guy who just discovered two weeks ago that negotiations and economic concessions were going to have to take place has any knowledge on "details"?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PDF
Quote:

Remember when he called Saudi Arabia ruthless dictators who carried out 9/11, and vowed to not deal with them like Hillary Clinton did? And then they invited him to visit and put his picture on a building, and he sold them $110 billion in arms.

Also, you do realize that the goal here is to strike something incredibly similar to the Iran deal, yes?

Trump is a complete pushover. All you need to gain "newfound trust" with him is compliment his tie.

Quote:
Trump will determine every last detail of that seat.

You think the guy who just discovered two weeks ago that negotiations and economic concessions were going to have to take place has any knowledge on "details"?

We are "in bed" with Saudi Arabia for a slew of reasons. You wish to pick and choose to make your point convenient.

If slapping Syria, constraining Iran and pushing NK to de-nuke themselves while signing a peace accord with SK is being a 'pushover'...I'd like some more pushover please.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I confused when TRUMP was insulting Little Kim they said that Trump was going to start a nuclear war.

Now that Trump is trying to get him to the table to de- nuclearize he,s tryin to calm things down he,s kissing his arse.

Please pick a lane guys .

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Trump spent a year and a half going around the country saying that Saudi Arabia was a brutal terrorist regime, lambasting Hillary Clinton's willingness to deal with them, and vowing that he never would.

Then they invited him and threw a big party for them and sold them $110 billiion in weapons.

It's not an isolated point, it's a good example of Trump's penchant for easily being bowled over. If you are nice to him, or compliment him, you can pretty much get whatever you want.

His history both politically and professionally undeniably illustrates this.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I confused when TRUMP was insulting Little Kim they said that Trump was going to start a nuclear war.

I believe it was Trump himself who said that.

After Kim called Trump old and senile, he got all angry and started those "Rocket Man Little Rocket Man" grandpa tantrums at rallies, and would often ramble about him having "a bigger red button" than Kim (Trump at this point was under the impression that North Korea had nuclear weapons, and learned halfway through the saga that Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un were different people)

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
North Korea: UN gains 'unprecedented access' during visit

The head of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) believes there is a "sense of optimism" among North Korea's leaders after enjoying what he said was unprecedented access to the country.
"There is a sense of turning a new page in history," he told the BBC.

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear site on May 23-25: state media

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear site sometime between May 23 and 25 in order to uphold its pledge to discontinue nuclear tests, state media said on Saturday.
This is a developing story.

So far so good thumbsup

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that little thang where we got our prisoners returned by Kim. thumbsup

Keep it rolling Mr.President.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Interesting, that's a site they accidentally collapsed last year during a failed test.

I'll be interested to hear Pompeo's reaction. He said this morning we were hoping to basically due the Iran deal, which I would be all for.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that little thang where we got our prisoners returned by Kim. thumbsup

Prisoners getting returned ... that sounds awfully expensive ...

How much has it cost us? ..... rofl ...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

It cost us one hand of cards and Kim got Trumped! thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/12/18 12:24 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
If this deal actually happens I will be ecstatic for the peace it brings in Korea. I do worry the Trump will get fleeced in the process. But if he brings TRUE peace to Korea, he should get his accolades.

I think KJU is just ready to get this done too. He gets a big boy seat and knows he can cut a favorable deal. He will get to hold onto power, keep his money and the world will help him feed his people, provide modern infrastructure, and help bring them into the 21st century. That's not bad for him at all... What will Trump get? Probably a Nobel.

L
2nd String
2nd String
L

The same ones that he accused the previous administration of failing to negotiate a release...

Why let facts get in the way... right guys? rofl

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh yes, Trump made it look so easy... rolleyes

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare. Your boy made things CRAZY worse before China reined in Kim. As a matter of fact, if not for the leadership in SK and China, we wouldn't be talking about this right now if you ask me.

Trump's whole life he makes messes and the adults come fix it for him. Like when the banks put him on an allowance and took control of his business interest. The only thing stronger about him now is he has the US Military backing him and a button on his desk that he desperately wants to push because it's there, "so why don't we use it?".

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/12/18 12:54 PM.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Lairdawg

The same ones that he accused the previous administration of failing to negotiate a release...

Why let facts get in the way... right guys? rofl

HUH ... your job is in some sort of “trading” in the pacific rim ... i gotta wonder how good u are at your job if u dont understand the difference between ...

BUYING THE RELEASE OF HOSTAGES and paying 1.7 billion dollars for them THAT WE KNOW OF ...

AND

Getting Hostages released as a pre-requisite to a negotiation with the sole cost being the gas to fly the plane over to pick them up ...

Go ahead and negotiate like O and see how long u have a job paying 1.7 billion for sumptin u could of got for the cost of gas ... granted its a lot of fuel ... rofl ...

And the BEST PART ... as sure as I’m sitting here typing this some of that 1.7 billion went to terrorists that resulted DIRECTLY IN THE DEATH OF AMERICANS more than once ..

Ain’t that just dandy .... u guys GOTTA BE SO PROUD OF O ... rolleyes ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
And I can't understand why you can't comprehend that part of lifting sanctions includes releasing assets that belonged to a country to begin with.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare.

That's not true.

Hawaii 'crapped its pants' because someone sent out a missile alert. Twice, if I'm not mistaken.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

That's not true.

Hawaii 'crapped its pants' because someone sent out a missile alert. Twice, if I'm not mistaken.

umm, thats a missile scare, exactly what OCD just said. you disagreed with him only to back him up.

what planet do we live on?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
I shouldn't even respond to you, but, here's ocd's full post.
Quote:

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare. Your boy made things CRAZY worse before China reined in Kim. As a matter of fact, if not for the leadership in SK and China, we wouldn't be talking about this right now if you ask me.

Trump's whole life he makes messes and the adults come fix it for him. Like when the banks put him on an allowance and took control of his business interest. The only thing stronger about him now is he has the US Military backing him and a button on his desk that he desperately wants to push because it's there, "so why don't we use it?".

Notice......eh, nevermind.

Legend
Legend
so again, what was the difference between OCD mentioning a missile scare, and your comments essentially backing his claim up?

its a really straight forward response. lets see if you make this difficult.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
His implication was the missile scare was because of Trump.

It's pretty simple.

Now, go ahead and attack me. Go ahead and attempt to belittle me.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Arch is correct.

The missile scare was due to incompetence and had no direct or indirect correlation to Trump.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Arch is correct.

The missile scare was due to incompetence and had no direct or indirect correlation to Trump.

Holy cow. Now I have to go wipe my rear cause I just took a .....BM (I think that's the term we use on here now?)

Maybe the attack dog will understand this as well? I have my doubts though.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Arch is correct.

Holy cow. Now I have to go wipe my rear cause I just took a .....BM (I think that's the term we use on here now?)

Maybe the attack dog will understand this as well? I have my doubts though.

You say a variation of of this every time I agree with you.

If I had a dollar for every time it happened, it could probably cover dinner for two at a high-end restaurant.

(Also, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to say "poop" or "crap")

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, I guess my humor went over your head. That's fine.

But, as far as me doing a 'variation' of some aspect every time you agree with me (read that as: everytime you're right), go check out your posts, in general. You don't even vary much.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well, I guess my humor went over your head. That's fine.

But, as far as me doing a 'variation' of some aspect every time you agree with me (read that as: everytime you're right), go check out your posts, in general. You don't even vary much.

Why do you want to ruin a perfectly good riff by getting cranky?

Lighten up, dude.

(I checked and you can say both "poop" and "crap")

Legend
Legend
why you so defensive?

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And I can't understand why you can't comprehend that part of lifting sanctions includes releasing assets that belonged to a country to begin with.

I understand it 100% ... its not that hard to understand ... what i dont understand is why u think we had to give it back to them ... it was INCLUDED AS PART OF THE RAPE ...

Was it a smart thing to do? .... rofl ....

U wont answer ... you’ll talk to me about the “right thing” to do ... but u wont answer that question ...

WAS IT SMART TO GIVE THEM ALL THEIR MONEY FROZEN AS PART OF THE SANCTIONS FOR SIGNING A PIECE OF PAPER?

Please answer the question ... YES or NO ...

rofl ... not a shot in hell ...

D
Legend
Legend
D

That's not true.

Trump fired him .... rofl ...

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, I'm not cranky. Sorry you took it that way.

Poop, crap? 'BM' was in reference to portland, and his comments in some Baker Mayfield thread about "bm' and the replies towards that. They were, you know, lighthearted things.

I'm surprised you didn't catch that, what with your seemingly perfect memory on who said what how many hours, days, weeks, and years ago.

In other words, it was a joke.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I'm surprised you didn't catch that, what with your seemingly perfect memory on who said what how many hours, days, weeks, and years ago.

You know there's a Search feature on this board, yes?

In other words, it was a joke. [/quote]

*sighs, rubs forehead*

I caught the joke. I was joking back with you. I assumed "BM" meant bowel movement, contextually.

Have a good weekend, Arch. I mean that earnestly.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

That response right there is why I didn't list reasons to not trust Iran. Why would I bother? We've not trusted them for quite some time and they've done nothing to change that lack of trust.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

That response right there is why I didn't list reasons to not trust Iran. Why would I bother? We've not trusted them for quite some time and they've done nothing to change that lack of trust.

so what has the US done to deserve trust in the middle east?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

Can you list maybe just 1?

You don't even need to explain it, just list the colloquial name of the event.

I'll cite an example:

"We shouldn't trust Saudi Arabia because they did 9/11"

Now you go:

"We shouldn't trust Iran because they_______".

You're the "logic, reason, common sense, etc." guy, should be a cakewalk for you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
His implication was the missile scare was because of Trump.

It's pretty simple.

Now, go ahead and attack me. Go ahead and attempt to belittle me.

I never implied that at all. I STATED Trump made things worse, that's why Hawaii crapped its pants during the missile scare. Trump didn't cause the mistake that sent out the message, he just had KJU throwing hissy fits and launching missiles over Japan, also threatening to nuke Guam. Those things were Trumps fault indirectly.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit

Link Copied to Clipboard