Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
This is from a month or two ago:

'North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/a...of-action-china

Yesterday was a perfect time for Kim Jong-un to sign an agreement for complete denuclearization - his nuclear testing site is ruined.

Legend
Legend
Yea the timing is funny. We knew he didn’t destroy it because of peace. He destroyed it because of that last nuke test screwed it all up. Word on the street is they actually saw he site move agent the nuke went off.

You have to wonder if he already has another site.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Edward Norton is the only true Hulk.
I wasn't a fan...I like ruffalo.

Yeah, I'm trolling. Ruffalo is the best. Edward Norton, while the most talented actor of the bunch, did a crap job at being the Hulk, both on and off screen. One of the reasons they recasted him was because he was always criticizing the scripts.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Yeah, I'm trolling. Ruffalo is the best. Edward Norton, while the most talented actor of the bunch, did a crap job at being the Hulk, both on and off screen. One of the reasons they recasted him was because he was always criticizing the scripts.
Agree, I am a huge Norton fan, but he stunk as the Hulk. That entire movie in general stunk tho, so it wasn't just him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yea the timing is funny. We knew he didn’t destroy it because of peace. He destroyed it because of that last nuke test screwed it all up. Word on the street is they actually saw he site move agent the nuke went off.

I don't think he has another one, but what do I know? If this is all a ploy he'll probably have another one built in a few years and then? To hell with the agreement. But only time will tell.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Agree, I am a huge Norton fan, but he stunk as the Hulk. That entire movie in general stunk tho, so it wasn't just him.

Batman is the only super hero who can pull of brooding for an hour and a half. And normally, Batman can't even do that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
North Korea: UN gains 'unprecedented access' during visit

The head of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) believes there is a "sense of optimism" among North Korea's leaders after enjoying what he said was unprecedented access to the country.
"There is a sense of turning a new page in history," he told the BBC.

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear site on May 23-25: state media

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear site sometime between May 23 and 25 in order to uphold its pledge to discontinue nuclear tests, state media said on Saturday.
This is a developing story.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/12/...tate-media.html

So far so good thumbsup

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God."

Our boys can finally come home. Oh happy day thumbsup

People of North Korea have hope for the future.

The start is always the most important part of any journey.

[Linked Image]

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I guess trying to avert a nuclear war make TRUMB dumb to you ...
what ever dude

Last edited by Riley01; 06/12/18 10:36 AM.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Signing agreement to disarm.....

And it was said it would never be done. 50+ years and it took was a twitter feud smile Good Job, Mr. President.

This photo means exactly nothing.

An "agreement to disarm" is as worthless as a piece of used toilet paper.

Rocky, Trump assured me they went out of their way to work towards peace and at the same time not dash your hopes. brownie

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'd say it is a very good start. No doubt it is a process that won't change overnight, but a excellent first step.

President Trump hit a homer folks. I mean a homer of epic proportions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I'd say it is a very good start. No doubt it is a process that won't change overnight, but a excellent first step.

President Trump hit a homer folks.
I mean a homer of epic proportions.
Premature, 'peen. Trump has simply got to 1st base; a challenge in and of itself. Now it is up to the "process" to keep him (them) moving forward until they reach home plate (i.e. complete and final de-nuclearizing of the entire Korean peninsula...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hitting a Home Run is not official until you have touched all the bases but the ball was hit out of the park.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Swish

He has approximately 60 nukes and we don't know where some are located-many are presumed to be stored underground.

The test site was near its end of usefulness. I guess nuclear testing can really rip up a mountain. some were speculating when the photo op was taken of the entrance of the test site was blown up-that's all that was blown up-the entrance

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

President Trump hit a homer folks.
I mean a homer of epic proportions.
Premature, 'peen. Trump has simply got to 1st base; a challenge in and of itself. Now it is up to the "process" to keep him (them) moving forward until they reach home plate (i.e. complete and final de-nuclearizing of the entire Korean peninsula...

a good start-China is pretty happy today. The South Koreans are not-they were never told beforehand about the halt to drills in August and are pretty stunned today.

We have had baby steps before with NK, this shall be a long process

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a start. And that's better than where we were a few months ago. Let's not fool ourselves though. The GOP shouted to heaven and earth when they thought Obama was going to meet with him. When he said he was willing to meet with our enemies they sought to move heaven and earth to prevent it.

This is a good first step but the hypocrisy on the right about this entire meeting is so obvious.

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-video-trump-obama-north-korea-848618

And let's not forget that to this point this is really nothing more than a re-run of 2005. A deal made under the Bush administration that N. Korea refused to keep.................................

In September, 2005, the United States, North Korea and four other nations signed a draft accord in which the North promised to abandon efforts to produce nuclear weapons and re-admit international inspectors to its nuclear facilities, but leaving open a range of issues for future talks.

“Today’s announcement represents the first step toward implementing that agreement,” President Bush said in a statement.

He said that the talks were the best opportunity to use diplomacy to address North Korea’s nuclear program.

The White House spokesman, Tony Snow, said that the new agreement was stronger than previous deals with North Korea because the United States was not the only other party.

“There is still a possibility of sanctions through the international community,” Mr. Snow said. “And there is considerably more leverage on the North Koreans, by virtue of the fact that you have the Chinese, the South Koreans, the Japanese and the Russians also involved here. They’re answerable not merely to the United States, but in fact to their own neighbors, who are significant stakeholders in this.”

Mr. Snow also said that the North Koreans would be under an obligation to disclose everything publicly, and said that there would be very specific requirements from the North Koreans, including shutting down the Yongbyon nuclear plant and enrichment facilities.

Mr. Snow said the breakthrough was a result of “some very tough and hard-nosed diplomacy.”

But the agreement drew strong criticism from John Bolton, a former United States ambassador to the United Nations, who urged President Bush to reject it.

He called it a “charade” and a “hollow agreement.”

“I am very disturbed by this deal,” Mr. Bolton told CNN. “It sends exactly the wrong signal to would-be proliferators around the world: ‘If we hold out long enough, wear down the State Department negotiators, eventually you get rewarded,’ in this case with massive shipments of heavy fuel oil, for doing only partially what needs to be done.”

He added that the agreement focused too narrowly on Yongbyon.

“That is not nearly the entire threat,” Mr. Bolton said, adding that the agreement says nothing about the stock of nuclear weapons North Korea already possesses.

Japan has not agreed to join the other four countries in providing the aid package to the North, saying that it cannot take part until some bilateral issues between Japan and the North are worked out. Abductions of Japanese citizens by the North over the Cold War years are the main issue.

The accord sets a 60-day deadline for North Korea to accomplish its first steps toward disarmament, and leaves until an undefined moment — and to another negotiation — the actual removal of North Korea’s nuclear weapons and the fuel manufactured to produce them.

Under the agreement, the first part of the aid — 50,000 tons of fuel oil, or an equivalent value of economic or humanitarian aid — will be provided by South Korea, Russia, China and the United States; in the case of the United States, doing so requires congressional approval, which Mr. Bush is likely to have a difficult time securing.

In return for disabling the reactor and declaring all its nuclear programs, the North is to eventually receive another 950,000 tons of oil in stages. Further negotiations among the six nations are scheduled to begin on March 19 in Beijing.

“It’s about actions for actions,” Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council, said this morning. “We have leverage because they’re under a U.N. Security Council sanctions regime.”

The agreement was read aloud this morning to all the delegates, gathered in a conference room at a Chinese state guesthouse in Beijing. The Chinese envoy, Wu Dawei, then asked if there were any objections. When none were made, the officials all stood and applauded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/world/asia/13cnd-korea.html

So this claim of us not having talked to them in 50 years is yet another lie. Saying we haven't had any agreement with N. Korea previously regarding nukes is simply wrong.

We are in the first step of many and I believe most everyone, including myself hope for the best. But history has proven that N. Korea is not trustworthy and that hasn't changed. It's going to be an uphill battle.

So far we have some vague agreement that we'll work forward from here with no details of how. Let's hope it continues from there. But let's not allow people to fool us into believing this path hasn't been walked before.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev had proposed the meeting to President Ronald Reagan less than thirty days before. The expectations for the summit at Reykjavik were low.

The meeting was going well, so close to a momentous transformation, but ended when President Reagan got up and walked out with George Shultz while Gorbachev was still decrying the destabilizing effects of SDI.

“This meeting is over,” Reagan said. “Let’s go, George.”

“Can’t we do something about this?” Gorbachev pleaded.

“It’s too late,” Reagan replied.

The world saw failure but not long after the Soviet Union fell.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hitting a Home Run is not official until you have touched all the bases but the ball was hit out of the park.

How many times have you got to 1st base with North Korea and been left stranded there?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

How many times have you got to 1st base with North Korea and been left stranded there?
beats striking out at the plate like all the others before......

Face it, its a win for the world today. no matter how bad you wish it to go south.....sad.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You really need to look into that. There was a deal in place with N. Korea in 205. They didn't keep it. I posted about it above.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

beats striking out at the plate like all the others before......

Face it, its a win for the world today. no matter how bad you wish it to go south.....sad.

I don't believe that anyone (including me) has ever said that. This 'understanding'is a good thing. It's a first step in an expected long process, nothing more.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You really need to look into that. There was a deal in place with N. Korea in 205. They didn't keep it. I posted about it above.
hence it struck out, which is what I said....... people are rooting for Kim Jong-un to not get rid of nukes so as to make Donald Trump look bad. people are rooting for our economy to tank, in their effort to get rid of Donald Trump. Sorry if people get hurt, but we need a recession to get rid of Trump.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
....... people are rooting for Kim Jong-un to not get rid of nukes so as to make Donald Trump look bad.

Specifically... who?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The ball is now completely in Kim's court.

He and the President were friendly and helpful, we even gave a little with not holding war games.

He continues to make progress and feeds the process or we go with phase 2 of the sanctions while our military is still staring him down, ready to pounce. The war games can be back on in a heartbeat.

There will be no "Oh Rats" with Trump walking away like in the past.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet when you talk about striking out, Trump is just beginning to set a few outer boundaries to a real agreement. We are far from the intended eventual goal. In 2005 a deal had already been reached on nukes. So as of now, we are nowhere near as far along as we were in 2005 when the deal went belly up.

And I'm not trying to blame Bush for what happened in 2005. I'm saying N. Korea is not a nation I trust to keep any deal. And I really do believe people should actually wait until a final deal is in place and see that N. Korea follows through with it before they start celebrating.

Right now it remind me of fans who celebrate their team winning the game when they're ahead by a field goal three minutes into the first quarter.

So in reality, no, we were much further along in 2005 before the deal failed.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

He and the President were friendly and helpful, we even gave a little with not holding war games.

He continues to make progress and feeds the process or we go with phase 2 of the sanctions while our military is still staring him down, ready to pounce. The war games can be back on in a heartbeat.

There will be no "Oh Rats" with Trump walking away like in the past.
my opinion, and my opinion only. Generations differ from their elders. Kim is a loony tune, but unlike his father before him, he has this twinkle in his eye to have nice things. He loves celebrities, loves nice things, loves basketball etc. he urns for being recognized on the world stage. which is why I think showing him that little video and trump saying, "you see where you shot off missles, you see a missle site on the beach, I see resorts....I see condos....etc." I bet lil kims eyes lit up like xmas.It was brilliant tactic.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
No we haven't any agreements with lil kim. Those "agreements" were with the father. Those "agreements" were nothing more than the US giving them wads of cash to ramp up their nuke facilities.

Quote:
So in reality, no, we were much further along in 2005 before the deal failed
As Trump would say

P
Legend
Legend
P
I said with North Korea. I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend what I posted. lmao

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I said with North Korea. I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend what I posted. lmao
funny, you have been screaming how different the us is since trump took over......so nk isn't different than from when the father ran it? lol

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Bitter Bettys are like nats in your hair. rofl

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
It was different fr0m 2008 till 2016 it was a wonderful utopia then ….and the US libs had no interest but now its a horrible place run by a horrible leader and that's because Trump caused it.... don't ya know that LOL

Last edited by Riley01; 06/12/18 03:44 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
It was different fr0m 2008 till 2016 it was a wonderful utopia then ….and the US libs had no interest but now its a horrible place run by a horrible leader and that's because Trump caused it.... don't ya know that LOL

Literally no one has ever said this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
imagine thinking that the US has changed significantly over 40 years, let alone 10 years.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!

Proof that TDS melts your brain.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!

Proof that TDS melts your brain.

I finally figured it out!
40 reminds me of Frank Burns from MASH. He pictures himself a great mind and leader but when viewed by the rest of the camp he’s well... Frank Burns. A feckless man.
With that I’m now wondering... Does this make Diam Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan?

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

With that I’m now wondering... Does this make Diam Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan?

Ah geez! The visual... saywhat rofl

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.3f7378d87ba6

Reporters thought this video was North Korea propaganda. It came from the White House.

by Avi Selk June 12 at 3:45 PM Email the author

Before the news conference President Trump held at the end of his June 12 summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, a propaganda-style film was played. (The Washington Post)

Reporters crowded into a Singapore auditorium Tuesday, expecting President Trump to walk out and announce the results of his historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Suddenly, two huge screens on either side of the empty podium came to life. Soaring music boomed over the speakers, and the reporters were bombarded with a montage portraying North Korea as some sort of paradise.

Golden sunrises, gleaming skylines and high-speed trains. Children skipping through Kim Il Sung square in Pyongyang. North Korean flags fluttering between images of Egyptian pyramids, the Taj Mahal and the Lincoln Memorial.

In a split-screen shot, Kim Jong Un waved to an adoring crowd while President Trump stood beside him with his thumb in the air. The pair appeared over and over again, like running mates in a campaign video.

The film went on like this for more than four minutes, with brief interludes of missiles, soldiers and warships interrupting the pageantry. Some journalists, unable to understand the Korean-language narration, assumed they were watching one of Pyongyang's infamous propaganda films. “What country are we in?” asked a reporter from the filing center.

But then the video looped, playing this time in English. And then Trump walked onto the stage and confirmed what some had already realized.

The film was not North Korean propaganda. It had been made in America, by or on the orders of his White House, for the benefit of Kim.

“I hope you liked it,” Trump told the reporters. “I thought it was good. I thought it was interesting enough to show. ... And I think he loved it.”

The crowd sounded skeptical. Some wondered if Trump had not, in fact, just provided U.S.-sanctioned propaganda to one of the country's oldest adversaries.

But as the president explained it, the video was more like an elevator pitch. It was the type of glitzy production that Trump might have once used to persuade investors to finance his hotels, and now hoped could persuade one of the most repressive regimes in the world to disarm its nuclear weapons and end nearly 70 years of international isolation and militant hostility to the United States.

The nearly five-minute movie even had its own Hollywood-style vanity logo: “A Destiny Pictures Production,” though a film company by the same name in Los Angeles denied any involvement in making it, and the White House has not yet responded to questions about it.

“Of those alive today, only a small number will leave a lasting impact,” the narrator said near the beginning, as alternating shots of Trump, Kim and North Korean pageantry flashed on the screen. “And only a very few will make decisions or take actions to renew their homeland, or change the course of history.”

The message was clear: Kim had a decision to make. Then the film progressed from grim black-and-white shots of the United States' 1950s-era war with North Korea into a montage of rose-colored parades and gold-tinted clouds.

“The past doesn't have to be the future,” the narrator said. “What if a people that share a common and rich heritage can find a common future?”

The same technique repeated even more dramatically a minute later in the film, when the footage seemed to melt into a horror montage of war planes and missiles bearing down on North Korean cities — much like the apocalyptic propaganda videos Pyongyang had produced just a few months ago, when Kim and Trump sounded as if they were on the brink of nuclear war.

[A North Korean propaganda film foretold proposed talks between Trump and Kim Jong Un]

But in Trump's film, the destruction rewound itself. The missiles flew back into to their launchers, and a science fiction-like version of North Korea took its place — one of crane-dotted skylines, crowded highways, computerized factories and drones, all presided over by a waving, grinning Kim.

“You can have medical breakthroughs, an abundance of resources, innovative technology and new discoveries,” the narrator said, the footage more and more resembling a Hollywood movie trailer as it built to its finale:

“Featuring President Donald Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un in a meeting to remake history,” the narrator concluded, as Korean words flashed on a black background: “It is going to become a reality?”

The reporters had many questions.

“Do you now see Kim Jong Un as an equal?” asked a Time magazine correspondent.

“In what way?” Trump asked.

“You just showed a video that showed you and Kim Jong Un on equal footing, and discussing the future of the country.”

The president may have misunderstood the question, as he referred in his answer to his closed-door talks and a few carefully negotiated photo ops with Kim — not the U.S.-made video that presented the totalitarian autocrat as a hero.

“If I have to say I'm sitting on a stage with Chairman Kim and that gets us to save 30 million lives — it could be more than that — I'm willing to sit on a stage, I'm willing to travel to Singapore, very proudly,” Trump said.

“Are you concerned the video you just showed could be used by Kim as propaganda, to show him as ...”

Trump cut the question off. “No, I'm not concerned at all. We can use that video for other countries.”

The president was more talkative when discussing how Kim had reacted to the video, which Trump had presumably played for him during a brief, private meeting hours earlier.

“We didn’t have a big screen like you have the luxury of having,” Trump said. “We didn't need it, because we had it on cassette, uh, an iPad.

“And they played it. About eight of their representatives were watching it, and I thought they were fascinated by it. I thought it was well done. I showed it to you because that's the future. I mean, that could very well be the future. And the other alternative is just not a very good alternative. It's just not good.”

International reviews of the video were decidedly mixed.

"Schlocky" — Vanity Fair.

"Odd." — The Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

"One observer dismissed it as 'a word salad topped with gratuitous appeasement of a monstrous regime,'" the South China Morning Post reported.

The Daily Mail noted that as the narrator described North Korea's glorious future of technology and international investment, the video showed stock footage of the Miami Beach shoreline, not far from a Trump-owned hotel. The Spectator called the whole sequence "real-estate politik" — which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

"The text reads like some godawful martial-arts movie trailer crossed with a corporate advertisement for an ambitious construction project," Freddy Gray wrote for the British newspaper. "But clearly, in some peculiar way, it works."

The president acknowledged that some of the film's imagery may seem far-fetched. North Korea is mired in poverty, internationally isolated, and has been mismanaged for decades by a family of dictators — Kim, his father and grandfather.

“That was done at the highest level of future development,” Trump told the reporters in Singapore, as if he had just offered Kim a multi-tiered vacation package. “I told him, you may not want this. You may want to do a much smaller version. ... You may not want that, with the trains and everything.”

He waved his hands. “You know, with super everything, to the top. It's going to be up to them."

And then, in his usual style, Trump was thinking out loud about the “great condos” that might one day be built on the “great beaches” of North Korea.

“I explained it,” he said. “You could have the best hotels in the world. Think of it from the real estate perspective.”

As the screens above Trump emphasized, he certainly had.

Legend
Legend

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Not surprising. The biggest takeaway from the NK-SK meeting was that Moon told Un that South Korea would have no problem funding a gigantic infrastructure project in North Korea.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Signing agreement to disarm.....

And it was said it would never be done. 50+ years and it took was a twitter feud smile Good Job, Mr. President.

This photo means exactly nothing.

An "agreement to disarm" is as worthless as a piece of used toilet paper.

Kind of like the Paris Agreement?

yebat' Putin
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit

Link Copied to Clipboard