Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
Crossing the border illegally is a federal misdemeanor, and recrossing illegally is a felony.

When we charge and hold the parents, we can not lock the kids up with them as we are responsible for them. That is the law. Thus separate digs.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 06/15/18 01:43 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Because too many people unfortunately in this country consider immigrants to be subhuman. I have no other explanation for why someone would be OK with inflicting pain on a family seeking asylum in the United States.

You need no other explanation.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
Because too many people unfortunately in this country consider immigrants to be subhuman. I have no other explanation for why someone would be OK with inflicting pain on a family seeking asylum in the United States.

Once again the Left sees not being accountable for your own actions as being someone else's fault.
Why would parents bring their children here knowing they would be arrested and separated from their kids?

They are caught crossing the border and arrested because it is a crime. They apply for asylum while in custody and are temporarily separated from their children while their case is heard. They are then given asylum or rejected and their children returned to them as they go home or stay.

Once again, misplaced emotions rule your world. notallthere

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 06/15/18 02:44 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Quote:

Once again the Left sees not being accountable for your own actions as being someone else's fault.
Why would parents bring their children here knowing they would be arrested and separated from their kids?

They are caught crossing the border and arrested because it is a crime. They apply for asylum while in custody and are temporarily separated from their children while their case is heard. They are then given asylum or rejected and their children returned to them as they go home or stay.

40 you're making to much sense...if it's not a twisted concept they don't understand. willynilly They only want LAWS to be enforced when it comes to their issues. rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: gage
Trump says this is a democrat law but there is no law on the books that says you must split immigrant children up from their parents. The decision to treat people like animals by splitting up families and to charge asylum seekers are trump policies, not laws made by any other administration.

Another popular claim is that we split up families here if a parent commits a crime, but I will note that we don't split up families if the dad is caught jaywalking, or parking his car for too long in a metered spot. That is reserved for felonies and other serious considerations. And why is this important? Because the charge of being in the US illegally is "unlawful presence." And unlawful presence is a civil violation, not a crime. It is as serious as a parking ticket, insofar as the US Code has written it.

Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
How can any of you support this treatment towards any human being?

Can you link this, the only one I've seen say this is you.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: gage
Trump says this is a democrat law but there is no law on the books that says you must split immigrant children up from their parents. The decision to treat people like animals by splitting up families and to charge asylum seekers are trump policies, not laws made by any other administration.

Another popular claim is that we split up families here if a parent commits a crime, but I will note that we don't split up families if the dad is caught jaywalking, or parking his car for too long in a metered spot. That is reserved for felonies and other serious considerations. And why is this important? Because the charge of being in the US illegally is "unlawful presence." And unlawful presence is a civil violation, not a crime. It is as serious as a parking ticket, insofar as the US Code has written it.

How can any of you support this treatment towards any human being?

Can you link this, the only one I've seen say this is you.

I have never met a subhuman. What do they look like?

Legend
Legend
Angela Merkel's German government facing collapse over her immigration stance

Angela Merkel’s government is on the brink as the German chancellor battles her coalition partners on immigration and asylum seekers.

The coalition between Merkel’s Christian Democrats (CDU) and the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) has fractured over the latter’s new proposed policy that would turn away more asylum seekers at the country’s borders.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06/15/...ion-stance.html

People everywhere have about had it with the foolishness of open borders!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Because they'd rather trek thousands of miles for a chance at life, rather than dying in their violence invested countries. It's like they're refugees or something.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Quote:

Because they'd rather trek thousands of miles for a chance at life, rather than dying in their violence invested countries. It's like they're refugees or something.

So the least of their problems is being temporarily separated from their children while they pass through the system.
I agree.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

How many can we count on you taking in? 10, 20 more?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When we look back through history, we glorify the bridges, not the walls.

Freedom, it’s why we went to war multiple times. Let’s not go to war again

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
So the least of their problems is being temporarily separated from their children while they pass through the system.
I agree.

A truly wise man once said...

Quote:
Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're screwed.

Conservatives don't give a crap about you until you reach "military age". Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it. They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state.

Legend
Legend
Think about how long ago he said that.
True back then... and on steroids today.
Shaking my head.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
If im not mistaken wasn't the picture on CNN of the kids in cages purported to be under TRUMPS watch but actually under OBAMAS watch ...SMH

J\C

Last edited by Riley01; 06/16/18 09:31 AM.
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Originally Posted By: Riley01
If im not mistaken wasn't the picture on CNN of the kids in cages purported to be under TRUMPS watch but actually under OBAMAS watch ...SMH

J\C

Where do you see that falling into the discussion we are having here? no surprise, really...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01

J\C

You are not mistaken. Obama treated them like animals and subhumans, locking them in cages.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

How many can we count on you taking in? 10, 20 more?

Are you suggesting that I take in illegal immigrants?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Why would anyone expect you to take in AS YOU CALL THEM "subhumans"?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Why would anyone expect you to take in AS YOU CALL THEM "subhumans"?
lolwut?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Rocket you do understand the difference between a foreign traveler, a foreign immigrant, and someone who comes into a country illegally right?

Foreigners the Bible talks about are there legally. They were there either for asylum or trade/business LEGALLY. The USA is the second most welcoming country when it comes to legally allowing asylum seekers to take up residence. We also allow the most LEGAL immigration IN THE WORLD.

https://www.statista.com/chart/10061/the-countries-receiving-the-most-asylum-applications/

https://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/10-countries-that-take-the-most-immigrants?slide=11

This false idea that the USA hates immigrants is stupid and false. What we hate are those that break our laws to become criminals. When you come into a country without permission you are not a foreigner. You are an INVADER. You are a criminal who is breaking the laws of a nation and you are causing harm. Invaders are not welcome anywhere in the world.

Illegal immigrants cause an extreme amount of damage to this country every year. Over a 4th of our entire prison population are illegal immigrants who have broken other federal crimes besides just entering the country illegally. That's just on the federal level on the more serious crimes.

https://cis.org/Camarota/NonCitizens-Committed-Disproportionate-Share-Federal-Crimes-201116

The financial cost of illegal immigration PER YEAR is about 135 BILLION dollars. Do you understand that this is not a small amount of damage? It cost less to deal with the damage from 9-11, a terrorist attack, which was just one time than it does to clean up the damages from illegal immigration EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It is flat our reckless to ignore such a disaster that happens every single year.

Criminals are not foreigners here to do legal business. They are invaders who are here after breaking the laws of the land. They are causing immense harm to our nation and need to be stopped.

Those who are here legally are foreigners who deserve every bit of love and charity the Bible tells us to. The Bible also allows a country to defend itself from invaders. Please understand the difference.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Y’all keep bringing up scripture when the USA is a secular state.

The fact that sessions and sanders even mentioned the Bible in their justification for immigration policy should automatically make whatever they do unconstitutional.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Cognitive flatline.

Legend
Legend
Reading thru this thread brings me to realize, like all threads of this nature, that...

Reason and Common Sense Trump emotionalism

Every
Single
Time!
thumbsup

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Cognitive flatline.
I'm surprised. Usually they just post youtube videos at that point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My namesake never meant to give sanction to the crimes of wicked and despotic men...

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
The subject is how the illegal children were to be housed in tent cities and I just pointed out how the OBAMA did it with no outrage from the left …. sorry if I put a crimp in your blind hate for Trump...no surprise really....just keeping it real guy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT

I never made that quote you made it up using my nick, you made up a post using my nick none of that were my words, You lied in doing so.

Legend
Legend
This is what reading your posts is like there are no breaks no pauses no punctuation and no coherent thoughts just an endless stream of semiconsciousness semiliterate word diarrhea that never freaking ends.

Hard to respect someone who doesnt respect himself enough to look after his public appearance in a community setting thats why you get treated as you do its not because you play for team red its because you are team reds special water boy who cant get on the field with his helmet on correctly.

Now lets see how fast 40cent can rush to your aid as he always does in situations like this hes really predictable in that way because dropping down on his minions always triggers him at least he knows the rules of grammar too bad he doesnt give private tutorings in PMs to needy posters such as you.

Damn.
Pick up a book.
You don't even have to actually read it.
Just look at how things are arranged, and imitate the people who know stuff.

At least make an effort. Everyone else does.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is what reading your posts is like there are no breaks no pauses no punctuation and no coherent thoughts just an endless stream of semiconsciousness semiliterate word diarrhea that never freaking ends.

Hard to respect someone who doesnt respect himself enough to look after his public appearance in a community setting thats why you get treated as you do its not because you play for team red its because you are team reds special water boy who cant get on the field with his helmet on correctly.

Now lets see how fast 40cent can rush to your aid as he always does in situations like this hes really predictable in that way because dropping down on his minions always triggers him at least he knows the rules of grammar too bad he doesnt give private tutorings in PMs to needy posters such as you.

Damn.
Pick up a book.
You don't even have to actually read it.
Just look at how things are arranged, and imitate the people who know stuff.

At least make an effort. Everyone else does.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."

Don't post that way then. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
9th grade is going to be such a challenge for you.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You mentioned, in no particular order, "what about Obama" and "what about your outrage then".

That is a whataboutism.

Since you like videos soooo much, here's a video that explains whataboutisms:

I also highly reccomend John Oliver's video on whataboutisms, but I can't link it here due to the use of a single f-word.

We post critical articles. You usually go

"What about Hillary?"
"What about Obama"
"What about her Emails"
"What about Dr. Ben Ghazi"
"What about that one minority I will point out that did e heinous thing, even though that one person an an outlier from that minority group. "

40 does this, but he's self-aware. He knows he does this, and he does this since he gets his jollies from arguing with us.

Diam, Riley, yourself, and a few others usually engage in this same practice. I don't think many of you remain aware of this.

I'll talk with Ted, DC, JFan, YTown, Jules, Devil, and others who show me they will discuss in good faith. Take notes from them if you want to actually learn from the opposite political ideology; I've learned a ton from them. Sometimes I just read exchanges between them and other posters. Be like them.

--------------------

I guess my lesson on paraphrasing didn't stick. I'll find a video that explains paraphrasing.

I summed up all your arguments to me as a whatabout.

You said things about what about obama, and what about your lack of outrage then.

Catch up. We'll all learn from each other better that way.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 06/16/18 10:45 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You mentioned, in no particular order, "what about Obama" and "what about your outrage then".

I did not type that post in that reply you posted you wrote that and used my nick.

Link to where I made this post...

Quote:

I did not make that post you falsely used my nick and typed those words and tried to make it look like I posted it.

That is a low thing to do.

Last edited by Vambo; 06/16/18 10:58 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
P A R A P H R A S E

A

R

A

P

H

R

A

S

E

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Do you follow the speed limit?

Why should we let you stay in this country if you do illegal things?

-----------------------

Also, you've claimed on multiple occasions to be a Christian man. Can you explain or refute these verses? All these verses tend to rally against the current treatment of migrants in the United States.

This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’ “But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears. - Zechariah 7:9-11

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. - Deuteronomy 10:18-19

He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free…The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow. - Psalm 146:7, 9

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place. - Jeremiah 22:3

"So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. - Malachi 3:5

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 19:9-10

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. - Proverbs 31:8-9

Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. - Isaiah 1:17

Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. - Psalm 82:3-4

Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. - Hebrews 13:3

A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge. - Proverbs 29:7

If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; - Ecclesiastes 5:8

Legend
Legend
speed limits violate my rights.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Will you start the second Civil War over not being able to rip your bimmer down E.9th at 100mph?

Just remember to claim "States' Rights!" when you lead the rebellion. You'll get a ton of honorable statues, and they'll probably be close to NASCAR tracks, too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P A R A P H R A S E

A

R

A

P

H

R

A

S

E

You LIED tsktsk
You tried to make it look like I wrote that post but you did it using my nick. tsktsk

Legend
Legend
i dont do NASCAR. unlike Earnhardt and Trump, i dont support the wall.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
9th grade is going to be such a challenge for you.

Is that where you hang out selling weed? tsktsk

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I'm quite sure cello lessons don't involve any sort of marijuana.

Why would you assume that Clem deals weed? I'd like the answer.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Tent City To Be Built in Texas to House Migrant Children

Link Copied to Clipboard