Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Rocket you do understand the difference between a foreign traveler, a foreign immigrant, and someone who comes into a country illegally right?

Foreigners the Bible talks about are there legally. They were there either for asylum or trade/business LEGALLY. The USA is the second most welcoming country when it comes to legally allowing asylum seekers to take up residence. We also allow the most LEGAL immigration IN THE WORLD.

https://www.statista.com/chart/10061/the-countries-receiving-the-most-asylum-applications/

https://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/10-countries-that-take-the-most-immigrants?slide=11

This false idea that the USA hates immigrants is stupid and false. What we hate are those that break our laws to become criminals. When you come into a country without permission you are not a foreigner. You are an INVADER. You are a criminal who is breaking the laws of a nation and you are causing harm. Invaders are not welcome anywhere in the world.

Illegal immigrants cause an extreme amount of damage to this country every year. Over a 4th of our entire prison population are illegal immigrants who have broken other federal crimes besides just entering the country illegally. That's just on the federal level on the more serious crimes.

https://cis.org/Camarota/NonCitizens-Committed-Disproportionate-Share-Federal-Crimes-201116

The financial cost of illegal immigration PER YEAR is about 135 BILLION dollars. Do you understand that this is not a small amount of damage? It cost less to deal with the damage from 9-11, a terrorist attack, which was just one time than it does to clean up the damages from illegal immigration EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It is flat our reckless to ignore such a disaster that happens every single year.

Criminals are not foreigners here to do legal business. They are invaders who are here after breaking the laws of the land. They are causing immense harm to our nation and need to be stopped.

Those who are here legally are foreigners who deserve every bit of love and charity the Bible tells us to. The Bible also allows a country to defend itself from invaders. Please understand the difference.

The bottom line is that the bible should not be used when taking matters of the state in hand... there should be a separation...

Religion has too many times used justify a position and is always a matter of interpretation...

Everyone should live by a common set of laws, but there are many beliefs on a religious level or none at all... a personal choice...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I'm quite sure cello lessons don't involve any sort of marijuana.

Why would you assume that Clem deals weed? I'd like the answer.

Answer why you LIED and made a FALSE post using my nick trying to make it look like I made the post when you made it up. rolleyes

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Answer why you LIED and made a FALSE post using my nick trying to make it look like I made the post when you made it up. rolleyes

you literally said I called illegal immigrants "subhumans" hours ago. Do you have any self awareness?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: Vambo

you literally said I called illegal immigrants "subhumans" hours ago. Do you have any self awareness?

I did not use your nick as if you posted it and didn't.

You were the one who made the reference to the subhuman reference.

Last edited by Vambo; 06/17/18 03:14 AM.
Legend
Legend
We're wasting time with this one.
There will never be a thought-out response from him in any of these threads.

Two possibilities exist:

1. It's not his agenda to engage in meaningful dialogue (sophomoric trolling).
2. He's incapable of meaningful dialogue, and uses this as basic communication.

Either way, the end results are the same:
Meaningless wastes of Prp's bandwidth, and zero value to the thread.

Engage only on your terms.
His avatar tells you pretty much all you need to know.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Dude.

You've literally mistaken CHS for Clemdawg.
You're stinking drunk. Or off your meds. Or sleep-deprived.

Go to bed.

You can deal with your embarrassment tomorrow afternoon, when the hangover wears off.

rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Dude.

You've literally mistaken CHS for Clemdawg.
You're stinking drunk. Or off your meds. Or sleep-deprived.

Go to bed.

You can deal with your embarrassment tomorrow afternoon, when the hangover wears off.

rofl

Now you are sayings I drink and take meds? Your lies have no boundaries.

You two are so much alike in your posting it's easy to get you confused. My bad.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
We're wasting time with this one.
There will never be a thought-out response from him in any of these threads.

Two possibilities exist:

1. It's not his agenda to engage in meaningful dialogue (sophomoric trolling).
2. He's incapable of meaningful dialogue, and uses this as basic communication.

Either way, the end results are the same:
Meaningless wastes of Prp's bandwidth, and zero value to the thread.

Engage only on your terms.
His avatar tells you pretty much all you need to know.

A decade in the smack shack defending this awful franchise against Steelers fans has melted his brain. It is not his fault he's like this. He started off with the best of intentions.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Do you follow the speed limit?

Why should we let you stay in this country if you do illegal things?

-----------------------

Also, you've claimed on multiple occasions to be a Christian man. Can you explain or refute these verses? All these verses tend to rally against the current treatment of migrants in the United States.

This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’ “But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears. - Zechariah 7:9-11

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. - Deuteronomy 10:18-19

He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free…The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow. - Psalm 146:7, 9

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place. - Jeremiah 22:3

"So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty. - Malachi 3:5

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 19:9-10

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. - Proverbs 31:8-9

Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. - Isaiah 1:17

Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. - Psalm 82:3-4

Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. - Hebrews 13:3

A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge. - Proverbs 29:7

If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; - Ecclesiastes 5:8

Yes, I obey the speed limits. I enjoy driving the speed limit and watching people being annoyed at being forced to obey the law behind me. It's great fun for me naughtydevil >) I have no criminal record of ANY kind.

I've already answered your question about the scriptures. Your reading them out of context because you don't understand what was written and why.

Let me share some scriptures of my own:

Proverbs 28 4-5
Those who forsake the law praise the wicked,
but those who keep the law strive against them.
Evil men do not understand justice,
but those who seek the Lord understand it completely.

Illegals break the law. So will you continue to praise the wicked?

Ecclesiastes 8:11
Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil.

Illegals are cowards who run from the problems of their own country instead of fighting them. They look at the USA and they COVET what they don't have. So they lie and steal their way into the country to take what is not offered. That makes them thieves. They cause severe damage to our country as they break the laws to be here.

They are not foreigners who have come to our country legally so there is no courtesy due to them. They are invaders who come to break our laws and to take what they covet.

I strive against those who break the laws and seek punishment for the wicked.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Illegals are cowards who run from the problems of their own country instead of fighting them. They look at the USA and they COVET what they don't have. So they lie and steal their way into the country to take what is not offered. That makes them thieves. They cause severe damage to our country as they break the laws to be here.

They are not foreigners who have come to our country legally so there is no courtesy due to them. They are invaders who come to break our laws and to take what they covet.

Your post reeks of hypocrisy to the point of being absolutely pathetic... To call someone a coward for trying to better their life and/or the lives of their family... escaping some environments that have, in many instances, already taken family members from them by very violent means... sickening

I would bet a month's salary that you have never even been close to seeing first hand what some of these people have experienced in their lives... except maybe on fox news...

You and your attitude are part of the problem... not part of any solution... other than putting people that don't think like you in positions of leadership...

Stop quoting scriptures... you're not fooling anyone...

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
j\c
Wasn't it about a year or so that the libs were using all kind of stats bragging about Obama being the deporter -in-chief when it was their political point of the day LMAO.

Where was the outrage for those poor people and their children then?

Last edited by Riley01; 06/17/18 09:50 AM.
Legend
Legend

O
Legend
Legend
O
thumbsup

You nailed it Clem! Trump is using the lives of brown children as a bargaining chip to make American taxpayers pay for his wall. He can ONLY get away with this because his base will let him. Then he tells bold faced lies blaming the dems for his outrageous policy. SHAME.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/17/18 01:16 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

these people broke the law coming here, their kids are collateral damage. If the Mexican government cared about these kids they would have already made arrangements to take custody of them. the Mexican government fully intends to drop them in our lap. Yet somehow our President is being blamed for it?

do you realize this so called "tent" is probably a better home for these kids then any home they have had in their entire lives?...do you realize a lot of these kids grow up in literal landfills?

LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE A GOOD DAMN LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how dare you try and deomonize the USa and try to demonize our President. Yes, Trump has faults, he isn't perfect, but he has done more for these kids with these tents their their worthless famlily or foreign government has ever done for them. At least in this tent they will get clean food, non contaminated water, and proper vaccinations so they at least have a chance at some kinda life....

We are so spoiled and entitled in this country we have turned into a bunch of hypocrites! We are blessed and have no idea what hard life really is, and we really need to get some damn perspective and be thankful for what we got.

the news media is cancer in this country, a festering cancer that is going to destroy it.

Trump isn't using anyone, he just isn't going to put up every person or kid who comes here illegal in the Ritz Carlton...

This has to stop. Our governemnt is figuring out what we are going to do with these children. Either the Mexican government will take claim to them or we will be forced to put them up for adoption or foster care. However, we have to follow the proper rules first. Everything will be fine this isn't some evil nefarious plot...FFS man!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

these people broke the law coming here, their kids are collateral damage. If the Mexican government cared about these kids they would have already made arrangements to take custody of them. the Mexican government fully intends to drop them in our lap. Yet somehow our President is being blamed for it?

do you realize this so called "tent" is probably a better home for these kids then any home they have had in their entire lives?...do you realize a lot of these kids grow up in literal landfills?

LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE A GOOD DAMN LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how dare you try and deomonize the USa and try to demonize our President. Yes, Trump has faults, he isn't perfect, but he has done more for these kids with these tents their their worthless famlily or foreign government has ever done for them. At least in this tent they will get clean food, non contaminated water, and proper vaccinations so they at least have a chance at some kinda life....

We are so spoiled and entitled in this country we have turned into a bunch of hypocrites! We are blessed and have no idea what hard life really is, and we really need to get some damn perspective and be thankful for what we got.

the news media is cancer in this country, a festering cancer that is going to destroy it.

Trump isn't using anyone, he just isn't going to put up every person or kid who comes here illegal in the Ritz Carlton...

This has to stop. Our governemnt is figuring out what we are going to do with these children. Either the Mexican government will take claim to them or we will be forced to put them up for adoption or foster care. However, we have to follow the proper rules first. Everything will be fine this isn't some evil nefarious plot...FFS man!

I am fully aware of the deplorable and dangerous situations these people are fleeing from. You forgot to mention the cartels, gang violence murder and slavery going on... BUT a majority are not Mexican. There are many other latino countries in the south.

Next, how dare I? What a hoot! Because Trump has created this unAmerican crisis through his zero tolerance policy, period. And those tents could be decked out like the taj mahal, but they will still be tents in the middle of the desert and they will still be there without their parents...

You don't get to turn this around on me. If you can sleep good at night and still support this man, then you have no values in common with the human rights and decency America is known for, period.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bord...impression=true

'Prison-like' migrant youth shelter is understaffed, unequipped for Trump's 'zero tolerance' policy, insider says

Colleagues at a government-contracted shelter in Arizona had a specific request for Antar Davidson when three Brazilian migrant children arrived: “Tell them they can’t hug.”

Davidson, 32, is of Brazilian descent and speaks Portuguese. He said the siblings — ages 16, 10 and 6 — were distraught after being separated from their parents at the border. The children were “huddled together, tears streaming down their faces,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Officials had told them their parents were “lost,” which they interpreted to mean dead. Davidson said he told the children he didn’t know where their parents were, but that they had to be strong.

“The 16-year-old, he looks at me and says, ‘How?’” Davidson said. As he watched the youth cry, he thought, “This is not healthy.”

Davidson quit this week after being a youth care worker at the Tucson shelter, Estrella del Norte, for just a few months. He decided to speak out about his experiences there in hopes of improving a system often shielded from public scrutiny. His comments in a telephone interview offer a rare look into the operation of a migrant shelter.

Davidson said he became disillusioned after the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy began sending the shelter not only children who had crossed the border unaccompanied by adults, but also those separated from their parents.

The caseload is straining a facility he described as understaffed and unequipped to deal with children experiencing trauma, such as the three Brazilians. During his time at the shelter, children were running away, screaming, throwing furniture and attempting suicide, Davidson said. Several were being monitored this week because they were at risk of running away, self-harm and suicide, records show.

A spokeswoman for Southwest Key, the Austin-based nonprofit operating the shelter, disputed those allegations Wednesday and said the shelter meets state licensing requirements, including for staffing ratios and training.

ADVERTISEMENT
“Our staff have great expertise in dealing with this population,” said spokeswoman Cindy Casares. “We have very high professional development standards.”

Casares said staffing ratios were particularly important. “We cannot operate if we do not have the legally mandated number of staff required,” she said.

In recent months, she said, the company paid staff to work overtime and mounted “a very aggressive hiring campaign.”

According to a statement she released Wednesday, “For the last 20 years we hire staff that have a child care or social work background to be prepared to support the developmental and emotional needs of all children who arrive to our facility.”

According to Kenneth Wolfe, a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services spokesman, the government contracts with 100 shelters in 17 states. The facilities now house 11,313 children.

Twenty-seven of those shelters in Arizona, California and Texas are run by Southwest Key. It is among the largest child migrant shelter providers nationwide, having served 24,877 children last year. Staff members must be bilingual and receive 80 hours of training before they can work with children.

The shelters are state-licensed, including the nearly 300-bed Tucson facility, a former apartment complex. This week there were 287 youth at the shelter, 70 of them age 13 or younger.

By law, the U.S. Border Patrol must turn unaccompanied children over to the Health and Human Services Department’s Office of Refugee Resettlement, known as ORR, within 72 hours. The children are then supposed to be placed with relatives or other sponsors.

ADVERTISEMENT
Some immigrant advocates say that under the Trump administration, ORR has become an arm of immigration enforcement. This month, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) questioned conditions in the shelters after he was turned away while trying to visit the Casa Padre facility in Brownsville, Texas, also run by Southwest Key.

The company released a statement at the time saying “with ORR approval, Southwest Key shelters have welcomed elected and other public officials at our facilities in the past, and will continue to do so, because we are proud of the caring environment we provide these children.” The statement noted that “federal employees from ORR visit our shelters multiple times a week.”

The Health and Human Services Department said that “no one who arrives unannounced at one of our shelters demanding access to the children in our care will be permitted, even those claiming to be U.S. Senators.”

The department conducted a media shelter tour in Brownsville on Wednesday and will hold one Friday in El Cajon, Calif. Visitors will not be allowed to talk to people inside or photograph them. Southwest Key’s chief executive emailed staff Tuesday notifying them of the tours and offering reassurances.

“We are very excited about this opportunity to show the world the incredible work our employees are doing to care for the children we serve,” Juan Sanchez wrote, noting Southwest Key had hired 700 new employees who will complete training soon. “I know you’ve been working overtime due to the surge of kids in our shelters. Please hold on just a little while longer. Relief is coming soon.”

Antar Davidson was a youth care worker at a Southwest Key shelter, pictured at right, in Tucson, Ariz.
Antar Davidson was a youth care worker at a Southwest Key shelter, pictured at right, in Tucson, Ariz. (Rebecca Sasnett / For The Times)

Davidson, who completed work for a bachelor’s degree in political science at the University of Arizona last year, said he was full of hope when he arrived at the Tucson shelter in February.

Children received “know your rights” presentations from a local advocacy group, then saw clinicians and case workers weekly. They were taken to see doctors and dentists as needed.

Davidson taught vocational and English classes, and started a class in the Brazilian martial art of capoeira. Many of the Guatemalan youth he initially met were indigenous, from rural areas.

Under the zero-tolerance policy, cases that had been handled administratively in immigration court were now prosecuted as misdemeanors or felonies in federal court. Migrants were charged with crossing the border illegally and separated from their children, who were placed in shelters.

Davidson saw more and more confused and upset children, most from Latin America. There also were more of what staff call “tender age” children, those under 13. Some were as young as 4, he said.

“What was once a transient facility with a staff that was strained and struggling is now becoming a more permanent facility,” and more “prison-like,” Davidson said.

On May 27, three Honduran and one Mexican youth scaled the fence surrounding the shelter and ran away. Only one of the Hondurans was caught, he said. Runaways had been a problem at the shelter for years, and officials had already added security doors and cameras. Several youth were being monitored as “run risks,” records show.

Southwest Key confirmed the incident in its statement, and said they reported the three runaways to law enforcement.

ADVERTISEMENT
“We are not allowed, by law, to restrain anyone who tries to climb the fence to leave. We are able to talk with them and attempt to get them to stay but we cannot restrain them,” the statement said.

When the Brazilian siblings arrived May 29, they were taken to a classroom, where Davidson said he was told to have them stay because there wasn’t enough staff to supervise the sleeping quarters.

Southwest Key disputed his account, saying in its statement: “Professional translation was already arranged in this situation. We have case managers who speak Portuguese and we use translation services. No minors slept in a classroom. That is inaccurate and is not allowed by law.”

But when five more Brazilian youth, ages 5 to 17, arrived May 30, it was clear that “the kids had no idea what was going on,” Davidson said.

“They had no idea where their parents were. The case managers said it’s going to be a week until we even find their parents and another week until we talk to them. I just saw how they were bungling these cases,” he said. “At that point zero tolerance was in full swing and you could see the desperation: kids running down the hall, screaming for their moms.”

Davidson emailed a written complaint to a regional supervisor that day.

“I would rather see the facility handle this humanitarian situation properly rather than turn my back on the plight of these minors,” he wrote. “With the new laws and influx of increasingly diverse and more troubled [youth], I worry the staff and management here in Tucson are going to struggle even more.”

Davidson said he also contacted the supervisor by phone, and she promised to take action, but conditions only worsened.

“The majority of children are able to contact their families in home country, as well as family and/or potential sponsor in the United States, within 24 hours of arrival,” said Southwest Key’s statement on Wednesday. “Any delay is due to the fact that the child needs assistance obtaining the phone number of the family members to be called.”

But “the staff were really unable to control these kids,” Davidson said.

Staff suspected some of their charges were adults posing as children, he said — they were listed in records as “possible adults.” They had discovered men as old as 26 posing as adolescents, he said. But the way staff handle those suspicions can also cause problems, he said.

Recently, staff questioned a Guatemalan migrant who said he was 13 and had come to the U.S. to join his father. Davidson said the boy was telling the truth, but a DNA test showed that the man he thought was his father wasn’t. After officials told the man the boy’s true paternity, the man “didn’t want anything to do with him,” Davidson said.

After the boy learned the truth, he started scratching himself and attempted suicide, Davidson said. Officials contacted the boy’s biological father, he said, but “he didn’t want him either.”

The boy has been at the shelter for several months under close observation.

Southwest Key said that legally, it could not discuss specific cases, but added that “staff are trained to work with youth separated from their parents. We provide compassionate care, it is core to what we do.”

During the Wednesday tour in Brownsville, officials said they have tried to weed out adults posing as children using DNA tests and dental records.

Last Thursday, the Southwest Key CEO met with staff at the Tucson shelter, including Davidson. He said the company planned to decrease the staffing ratio to one to three employees per child.

Sanchez urged staff to help the migrant children through an “employee give-back program” — a single $240 donation or $10 from each paycheck, Davidson said.

Southwest Key said the donations were for a scholarship program for shelter youth who “want to further education or have extreme health or life problems,” and that Sanchez never vowed to decrease staffing ratios.

“We are hiring additional staff to meet an increase in all our facilities due to the number of children we are being asked to care for by ORR,” the statement said.

Davidson left thinking, “They’re not going to get enough workers.”

He got a new job, and submitted his resignation Tuesday. Davidson said he does not want to see shelters shut down, but feels like a “conscientious objector.”

“I can no longer in good conscience work with Southwest Key programs,” he wrote. “I am feeling uneasy about the morality of some of the practices.”

O
Legend
Legend
O
CHS, get ready for the low white privileged reply "it's better than the trash dumps they lived in before the takers came here"... just saying.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
CHS, get ready for the low white privileged reply "it's better than the trash dumps they lived in before the takers came here"... just saying.

"Before they were sitting on trash piles of American goods. Today they sit in interment canps. If that's not the American dream, I don't know what is."

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

"Before they were sitting on trash piles of American goods. Today they sit in interment canps. If that's not the American dream, I don't know what is."

If we keep them we'll need gulags and chain gangs so we can justify the taxes... "Productive Immigration Reform" ~ Sessions Style

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/17/18 02:52 PM.

Legend
Legend
Knight:

This admin has been playing a shell game about this from the start.

first, they condemn the illegal immigrants. Cool. Illegal immigration is a real problem and has been for decades.

But there is a difference between sneaking across the border and applying (legally) for asylum.

And here's where the crap gets sneaky and sinister: They have recently proclaimed that the US will no longer recognize as legal, people fleeing their countries for personal safety reasons. Abuse, threats of death are no longer recognized as legitimate cause for granting asylum.

So...what this means is that political refugees, potential victims of cartel violence, etc. are now considered on equal status as border jumpers.

Essentially, this contrived, ad-hoc policy change effectively designates [b]all potential immigrants from Central America as unwanted illegals, [/b]regardless of their constitutional status.

COS John Kelly said as much, in an interview a week ago. It's designed to be a deterrent. Not a targeted, specific deterrent for illegal immigration... a broad-based universal deterrent for ALL immigration, both legal and illicit.

This is now a closed border.
Totally closed.
None may pass.

And that is diametrically opposed to the tenets that formed this country in the first place.

It's really (almost) very clever, actually.

"We welcome all who come here legally... the right way."
"We will no longer recognize asylum-seekers as legal immigrants."
"We propose to reduce the number of legal immigrants by 60% starting now."

Any American who's paying attention can see what's being enacted here.
Steven Miller is almost clever enough to fool this son of immigrants.

Fall for this crap if you want to, Dawgs... but this is as cynical a perversion of US policy as has been followed in 100 years.

Deplorable. Again.

Legend
Legend
Once word got out we will let almost anyone in, they came in the hundreds of thousands. Yearly.

US law became a cynical perversion thanks to people taking advantage of us.

It is time to stop it. It is time to fix it. Call your Congressman today. We need a comprehensive immigration law now!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Once word got out we will let almost anyone in, they came in the hundreds of thousands. Yearly.

It is time to stop it. It is time to fix it. Call your Congressman today. We need a comprehensive immigration law now!

And a bipartisan comprehensive immigration law is fine with all liberals, just don't hold these kids and the daca kids hostage to negotiate for the damn wall.

This whole fiasco at the border right now is because Trump wants US taxpayers to fund his wall... BUT he promised Mexico would pay for it, right 40?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/17/18 08:12 PM.

Legend
Legend
Once we have a comprehensive immigration law
we can get back to crying for our own families
living homeless on the streets!

O
Legend
Legend
O

They are just as important, but I never heard you shed con-tears for them when another burr wasn't itching for you to distract/scratch.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

please, you've never cried about it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You trash them too.
I've seen you do it without so much as a second thought. (That's probably why I remember... and you don't.)

Sad.
Bigly sad.

Legend
Legend
Stop playing games with peoples lives with your emotional outbursts. Learn the facts...

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.”

Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen added: “This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.”

She noted that no one is “breaking the law by seeking asylum at a port of entry.”

The Trump administration, which has called it “horrible” that illegal-immigrant children are sometimes separated from their parents when their parents enter criminal proceedings, has been criticized in recent weeks for increasing the prosecutions of illegal immigrants under a “zero-tolerance” policy that critics say leads to those separations.

A child illegally entering the U.S. is generally separated from adults at the border if the child is in danger, has no clear relationship to the adult, or if the adult enters criminal proceedings.

Through Twitter, Nielsen reiterated that current policies are derived from laws already in the books: “For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family' members, or if the adult has broken a law.”

She added: “DHS takes very seriously its duty to protect minors in our temporary custody from gangs, traffickers, criminals and abuse.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/...-at-border.html

Legend
Legend

You and I both know how weak this is as an argument in favor of-.
We both know you're weak because you could do nothing to dispute a single fact I laid out.
Instead, you engaged in more FOX-like rhetorical "reeny,reeny,reeny" to distract from the indisputable points I made.

Crap this weak would have been thrown out of the untelevised preliminary rounds of Ted Mack's Amateur Hour.

Thanks for playing.
Grab another ticket as you exit, and go stand in the back of the line.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Stop playing games with peoples lives with your emotional outbursts. Learn the facts...

The head of the Department of Homeland Security bashed the media Sunday for their reporting on the increasingly volatile immigration controversy, writing in a string of tweets: “We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.”

Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen added: “This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.”

She noted that no one is “breaking the law by seeking asylum at a port of entry.”

The Trump administration, which has called it “horrible” that illegal-immigrant children are sometimes separated from their parents when their parents enter criminal proceedings, has been criticized in recent weeks for increasing the prosecutions of illegal immigrants under a “zero-tolerance” policy that critics say leads to those separations.

A child illegally entering the U.S. is generally separated from adults at the border if the child is in danger, has no clear relationship to the adult, or if the adult enters criminal proceedings.

Through Twitter, Nielsen reiterated that current policies are derived from laws already in the books: “For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family' members, or if the adult has broken a law.”

She added: “DHS takes very seriously its duty to protect minors in our temporary custody from gangs, traffickers, criminals and abuse.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/...-at-border.html

If State Media News says it true, you have to believe them. Unless you believe you own eyes more...

Legend
Legend
'KRS Minus-ONE' can spout all the policy she wants. Asylum-seekers are being incarcerated and separated from their kids. Like criminals. Even though they aren't. Thiss is the result of a hastily thrown-together, ad-hoc 'zero tolerance' policy whose only purpose is to keep Trump's goobers all ginned up and rabid for closed borders.

This isn't emotion. This is fact.

You're being handled. Managed.
My Pops taught me to watch folks like you.
From above.

O
Legend
Legend
O
If it walks like a sheep, bahs like a sheep,...

Legend
Legend
...it gets 'used' by Trump...
...the "shepherd."

#zerosympathy

Legend
Legend
'Emotional support' peacock banned from United flight gets wedding invite

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/06/17...invitation.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
Right on cue, the nonsensical propaganda.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/17/18 11:14 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Lairdawg

Your post reeks of hypocrisy to the point of being absolutely pathetic... To call someone a coward for trying to better their life and/or the lives of their family... escaping some environments that have, in many instances, already taken family members from them by very violent means... sickening

I would bet a month's salary that you have never even been close to seeing first hand what some of these people have experienced in their lives... except maybe on fox news...

You and your attitude are part of the problem... not part of any solution... other than putting people that don't think like you in positions of leadership...

Stop quoting scriptures... you're not fooling anyone...

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm happy to accept your check at any time you like. I've done mission work and helped out more people than I can even count. My own life growing up was so horrible that when I was forced to see a psychologist as part of my college education and against my will that the guy started to cry and couldn't handle dealing with the things I've gone through in life.

I don't make excuses for myself and I don't accept them for others.

If your not willing to fight for your country then why should I wan't you in mine. It's not like you will grow a backbone just because the USA coddles you. It's disgusting. My family has a long, long history of serving in the military. We ALL firmly believe that if you won't fight for your country or your people then you don't deserve a place in this world. That not a political thing because we are all over the place politically in a family picnic. It's a thing where you show some darn loyalty to your people and fight to keep them safe.

I have no use for cowards and never will. I've said so many times before this thread too so it's nothing new I am saying here.

Maybe, just maybe if it's made crystal clear that the USA will not let you in illegally and that if you break the law to get in then you will suffer the consequence then perhaps, just perhaps it will slow down to a manageable trickle.

It's not the president's fault these people are suffering it's their own fault for breaking the law. There shouldn't even be hearings beyond if they will accept their claim for asylum. It should be either yes, no, and here you go. The USA is VERY, VERY generous in the amounts of people we accept for asylum. We rank only 2nd behind Germany and we can already see they are acting fast to reverse that after all the damage it has caused them.

LET ME HELP YOU UNDERSTAND something very, very simple. If you took back all the money we have lost in DAMAGES from illegal aliens You could make every single woman, man, and child a millionaire that isn't already one. Think on that for a moment. Comprehend how massive that amount of damage is that you could see to it that every single American could be a millionaire.

THe damage that illegal aliens are causing the USA is MASSIVE. 140 billion a year in damages just from illegal aliens. Do you even comprehend how much money is being lost? You could literally end poverty in the USA just off the 140 billion dollars a year we lose in damages alone.

But by all means care more for criminals than you do about your own people and family. Good for you! I myself prefer to care more about my own country and it's citizens who have the right to be here.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: Here's a really good opinion piece that Laura Bush (President George W. Bush's Wife) wrote. Thought it was relevant here. First Lady of a Republican President. A very good read and take IMO. Pretty much how I feel about the whole separating families bit.

It's posted in the Washington Post, but Laura Bush wrote it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions

Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’

By Laura Bush
June 17, 2018 at 8:45 PM

On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old. The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history. We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.

Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents — and to stop separating parents and children in the first place.

People on all sides agree that our immigration system isn’t working, but the injustice of zero tolerance is not the answer. I moved away from Washington almost a decade ago, but I know there are good people at all levels of government who can do better to fix this.

Recently, Colleen Kraft, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics, visited a shelter run by the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement. She reported that while there were beds, toys, crayons, a playground and diaper changes, the people working at the shelter had been instructed not to pick up or touch the children to comfort them. Imagine not being able to pick up a child who is not yet out of diapers.

Twenty-nine years ago, my mother-in-law, Barbara Bush, visited Grandma’s House, a home for children with HIV/AIDS in Washington. Back then, at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, the disease was a death sentence, and most babies born with it were considered “untouchables.” During her visit, Barbara — who was the first lady at the time — picked up a fussy, dying baby named Donovan and snuggled him against her shoulder to soothe him. My mother-in-law never viewed her embrace of that fragile child as courageous. She simply saw it as the right thing to do in a world that can be arbitrary, unkind and even cruel. She, who after the death of her 3-year-old daughter knew what it was to lose a child, believed that every child is deserving of human kindness, compassion and love.

In 2018, can we not as a nation find a kinder, more compassionate and more moral answer to this current crisis? I, for one, believe we can.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/o...impression=true

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
You guys never once shed a tear when Barack Obama was famously labeled “deporter in chief” by critics in the immigrant-rights community.

Not one tear for your heroes policy.

Now, as you go on and on with your "Hate Trump on every policy agenda" you cry crocodile tears for the exact same things.

You are as Fake with your tears as the Fake News Media and the Democrats who have zero policies to make America great but use these children like they used the school children over gun rights.

For political gain in an election year.

SHAME!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm sorry you had it so tough. That however, does not justify being cruel to others or not helping those weaker than you. After reading that blurb I don't know if I should feel sorry for you because you seem to lack empathy and common decency due to your past or if I should just point out how sad and pathetic your worldview is based on what I would guess to be horrible personal experiences.

I've seen abused dogs tied outside, beaten and starved. You just want to show them some love with a simple act of kindness so they understand all people aren't bad, but if you do they will probably bite you because they trust no one... You sound like you are in a similar state of mind.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You guys never once shed a tear when Barack Obama was famously labeled “deporter in chief” by critics in the immigrant-rights community.

Not one tear for your heroes policy.

Now, as you go on and on with your "Hate Trump on every policy agenda" you cry crocodile tears for the exact same things.

You are as Fake with your tears as the Fake News Media and the Democrats who have zero policies to make America great but use these children like they used the school children over gun rights.

For political gain in an election year.

SHAME!

FAKE NEWS? HA! FAKE PRESIDENT! FAKE OUTRAGE! FAKE VALUES! FAKE MORALS!
disgusting...

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
No one in the government is doing any harm to these children.

The parents who bring the children along on an illegal border crossing are the ones enforcing negative consequences on these children. Don't cross illegally, and there is no problem.

Large numbers of hispanics cross legally every single day, I guess the racists whom you folks see behind every bush and around every corner are missing the majority of hispanic immigrants to focus solely on the illegal crossers. Wonder if there could be some definite other reason, aside from Racism!, Racism!, Racism!

Obama used to put the kids into real jail with the parents, and oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued. So now, the kids are not put in jail.

All the parents have to do is get in line and follow the law just like everybody else.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Tent City To Be Built in Texas to House Migrant Children

Link Copied to Clipboard