Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No need to bring Hue in to this. This is a new season. Time will tell if keeping him was a good move or a bad move.
I think this year will tell us just how much talent vs. coaching means in the nfl at least.

No saying what it will tell.

Look, I am not fan of Hue, but at this point it makes little sense to keep bringing up last year as it relates to Hue. Maybe things turn around and he looks like a million bucks. Maybe they don't turn around enough and he is gone at some point during or shortly after the season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
No need to bring Hue in to this. This is a new season. Time will tell if keeping him was a good move or a bad move.
I think this year will tell us just how much talent vs. coaching means in the nfl at least.

No saying what it will tell.

Look, I am not fan of Hue, but at this point it makes little sense to keep bringing up last year as it relates to Hue. Maybe things turn around and he looks like a million bucks. Maybe they don't turn around enough and he is gone at some point during or shortly after the season.

Well count me as one who is rooting for his success, because if he fails ... we and the team do likewise.

With a new year, comes renewed optimism, but this year just seems to have a different feel to it.

Emotions, play a big factor in a renewed optimism, but actions in a postive direction, starting from the top, and the new additions to the coaching staff (debatable, yes), and some of the Veterans we added to the team, and the talent we added in the Draft ... have a voice of their own, and I think that weighs into balancing the emotional factor, that is a given most years.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed, this a clean slate. The talent from this year to last is incomparable.

I agree with Grossi, haven’t been this excited in 10 years.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
I try to be fair. Some think I don't.

There is no doubt in my mind we should have won 3-5 games last year. I think we should win at least 7 this year.

I hope we win more. Hue is the coach. We all hope we win, so we root for Hue to get'er done.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
One of the few gutsy and visionary posts last June. (after a 1-15 season)

Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I believe that our personnel has improved. I still don't see a QB in sight, our WR's suck and the secondary has more questions than answers. I just don't see the improvement showing up much in the W/L column.

T
Legend
Legend
T

I was willing to give Hue a clean slate after the guy I favored Pettine, was let go, and the start of 2016,
and was willing to believe, surely, halfway through the 16 season that they'd surely pull out 3 or 4 wins in 2016.

And after that, sure willing to benefit of the doubt, and injuries in 2016 to RG3, I mean, of course 2017 was going to be better.

And after 0-6 last year I wanted him gone, it's ridiculous!
Later in the year, was willing to give another shot, they'd get a win, or two, or one, maybe.
And at least thought, of course, He's going to be gone by the end of the year so have that to look forward to,

Well, I think it was George Bush Jr. that said.
" Fool me once, ... shame on you, Fool me twice... f' fool'..ed Ya can't get fooled again!"

fool me once? 1-15 ... twice? 0-16.. if this team starts 0-8, and Hue is still the coach.

Well I don't know quite what will happen but I think it will be unprecedented.

The Browns are legit Wild Card Sleepers? How deep are they sleeping?

Everything else aside, 0-12 vs the division would be enough for a coach change for 90% of franchises.

I'm willing to accept Hue Jackson is getting a 2nd chance; but what is it the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time this time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That’s all fair, by no means am I saying Hue has done much to date. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Mainly because the talent on field last year was an absolute joke.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
That’s all fair, by no means am I saying Hue has done much to date. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Mainly because the talent on field last year was an absolute joke.

That's the problem.

If we were so devoid of talent, how come they're all still in the NFL?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

That's the problem.

If we were so devoid of talent, how come they're all still in the NFL?

We haven't been through training camp yet, and we haven't made cuts yet.

Let's see how things wash out, who starts, and who are backups.

I think that the QB position was our biggest weakness last year, and that really brought the whole team down.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
1st String
1st String
S

Brown's are 75-1 underdogs to win it all.....not the worse even in division.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/17/new-jersey-has-some-unusual-super-bowl-odds/

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: savagedawgs

Brown's are 75-1 underdogs to win it all.....not the worse even in division.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/17/new-jersey-has-some-unusual-super-bowl-odds/

Yet the National Sportswriters are still Ranking the Browns # 32 out of 32 teams superconfused

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Hue isn't the one getting it done- he hasn't played a single down.....shulda, cuda, etc....won some...we are 0-0, but national writers have seen the results two years in a row....32 out of 32...good guess UNTIL we win the first one and many more after that...ONLY then are we NOT 32 "best"....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Beats being a sportswriters group guy. That has to be based on the past. Easier to write stories that blow us up than to discover how we got a lot different and better, on paper at a minimum so far, this past season. But the almost universal glee in writing about and mocking Cleveland is for crap journalism IMO. Almost breathless competition to see who drills us the worst and dredge up more past negativity than other teams "enjoy", again, IMO.

It is the story they choose to write, often with little skill and less work. They WANT to write it and criticize us anded it shows in broadcasts and media. They want to club us. Much like "An Essay on Criticism." "Critics are legless men who would teach running." Not PC, and may be a little off, but mockery is not a beat. Have a low opinion, but show some balance, too.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
The thing is, after reading this board for so long, it's obvious to me that a story like this certainly has a waiting audience.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns are Legit Wild Card Sleepers

Link Copied to Clipboard