Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
haha....nfl.com says late round pick

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
It takes most rookie receivers two or three seasons to fully learn the position and put their potential fully to work. But with Coleman, there were too many problems with things that had nothing to do with his rookie learning curve.

Coleman had problems with injuries, which isn't his fault unless the rumors of his malingering on the injured list had some truth to them. Coleman had off field immaturity and bad behavior issues. He didn't learn his playbook and route trees as well as he could have, according to reports. He made dumb mistakes owing to a lack of attention to detail. He didn't seem to be enthusiastic and hard working. Oh, and he dropped the ball. A lot. That's an important one.

Hats off to Dorsey for recognizing the problem and getting something back by way of a trade.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Even more depressing.

Yet, some clown is writing about how Sashi is "lauded" as very good drafter. rolleyes

Lauded by who? *snicker* He passed on taking Wentz. That alone should have gotten him fired. I wanted Sashi to succeed but when he passed on a QB at #2 that year I had the feeling he wasn't going to be around very long. We are thin at the WR position. I sure hope they plan on adding someone. Dez or pick up a couple cast off's after first cuts...

At some point in time, you guys are going to figure out that I don't make crap up. It's only been about 17 years that I have been on the boards now.

There is another thread on this very forum. I think it's the Dorsey thread and that statement as mentioned by the reporter. A couple of posters quoted it in an attempt to bash Hue and defend Sashi. It's there. Go look for yourself. But, don't call me out for something you didn't have time to read.

I believe you man, must have come off differently than I wanted it to. I was mocking whoever was silly enough to say such a foolish thing. Not you.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Everyone hopes meathead returns soon, but does anyone think he can skip camp and start right away? Does he even know the offense? ZERO practice in camp with our new QB and new OC... But yeah, he's going to skip camp and show up for the Steelers game ready to play... right. lol

If the Browns are counting on his return or his play then they are foolish. They better be planning on finding us a couple more WR's.

Half of the NFL could come in tomorrow and start for us frown

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
he was probebly getting beat out by an undrafted rook with one eye

Last edited by lionchamp29; 08/05/18 10:06 PM.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
It takes most rookie receivers two or three seasons to fully learn the position and put their potential fully to work. But with Coleman, there were too many problems with things that had nothing to do with his rookie learning curve.

Coleman had problems with injuries, which isn't his fault unless the rumors of his malingering on the injured list had some truth to them. Coleman had off field immaturity and bad behavior issues. He didn't learn his playbook and route trees as well as he could have, according to reports. He made dumb mistakes owing to a lack of attention to detail. He didn't seem to be enthusiastic and hard working. Oh, and he dropped the ball. A lot. That's an important one.

Hats off to Dorsey for recognizing the problem and getting something back by way of a trade.

It's funny, so many are so happy to see Coleman go or blame him for the injuries, unwillingness to learn etc. Yet fawn all over meathead who isn't in camp, and has had ONE good season for the team. He's been suspended more games than he's played. But everyone loves him and would scream bloody murder if we traded him off or cut him. Weird.

Legend
Legend
The whole coaching staff told this guy.

Dude you have to show up big. This is your third year. You have to prove your worth.

And there he goes. Out the door.

Makes me puke. We trade out Wentz and take a bum receiver.

I sure hope this crap ends with Dorsey.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Well spirit, it's because Josh has 10 times the talent that CC has. Literally.
It is what it is.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Everyone hopes meathead returns soon, but does anyone think he can skip camp and start right away? Does he even know the offense? ZERO practice in camp with our new QB and new OC... But yeah, he's going to skip camp and show up for the Steelers game ready to play... right. lol

If the Browns are counting on his return or his play then they are foolish. They better be planning on finding us a couple more WR's.

Half of the NFL could come in tomorrow and start for us frown

You bet. We have Landry and that's about it. A rookie we got in the 4th round, a couple guys that have lingered at the end of our bench and not much else. I would hate for the lack of WR talent to curtail all the good this team has done this year. This could be a really good offense but with only one proven WR and nothing but questions to go with... that isn't good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could of been in the Corey Coleman thread YTown had started

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Coleman another Baylor wr with maturity issues...Gordon Wright Coleman.
its a pattern

E
Legend
Legend
E
Goodbye dude.

We are epically bad at first round picks.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Something tells me Gordon told the team he will be back before Tuesday. Especially for a late round pick with no depth after Landry.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Seriously?

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Well spirit, it's because Josh has 10 times the talent that CC has. Literally.
It is what it is.

Really? Where is that talent right now? Where has it been the last four YEARS? Everyone thinks he is SO great but aside from that ONE year it's all been talk and hyperbole. Until I SEE him play like the player he supposedly is, it is all bull. The player that everyone THINKS meathead is doesn't exist. Not until he proves it on the field. Blowing off camp isn't a very good start toward proving that. He NEEDED the practice. He needed the REPS with our new QB in our new offense. But once again he doesn't disappoint with the disappointment. He is never here when the TEAM needs him to be.
That is also part of "it is what it is".

V
Legend
Legend
V
My bad. Sorry.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
its a pattern

It turns out a lot of those Baylor kids had maturity issues...

Legend
Legend
Figured it would happen.. it was only a matter of when..

I think Coleman can play, but the injuries along with the drops and mental lapses.. Deuces!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My bad. Sorry.

No worries man. Now that I read that back I can see I didn't make myself very clear.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Was hoping CC would show signs and benefit from playing against a lesser corner as our 3rd option...Dorsey must of thought else, funny as people were touting our core as one of the best or better WR cores...Now we have Laundry, and a bunch of scrubs...Let's pray Landry doesn't get injured, Gordon stays straight and balls all year and the scrubs show they can play in the NFL....Wonder if we look at anyone off the FA scrap pile?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Something tells me Gordon told the team he will be back before Tuesday. Especially for a late round pick with no depth after Landry.

I am not a fan of drafting Big 12 players.

Yes, there are some good ones, but the number of duds and busts from that conference far outnumber the success stories.

We actually had a thread about it once. I remember posting a chart that had all the Big 12 dudes drafted in the first round in a certain number of years. It was like a whose-who of busts!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Figured it would happen.. it was only a matter of when..

I think Coleman can play, but the injuries along with the drops and mental lapses.. Deuces!

All true, but you know, I'd take all of that over a guy that doesn't show up at all. At least Coleman showed up and was working in camp. Hope he does well in Buffalo.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
its a pattern

I remember with that O they play there, all those Baylor WRS have or had major issues with route running as they have 3 featured routes there...Or had I should say. But def. maturity issues as you stated.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
its a pattern

It turns out a lot of those Baylor kids had maturity issues...

Art Briles was their coach. The entire program was criminal. Is it any wonder?

And remember when guys like Grimm were defending bringing Art "Scumbag" Briles in here to help out? Ewwww..........

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: I wonder what the pick is.

I still thought Coleman had potential. Maybe I gave him the benefit of doubt because he was my top rated receiver the year we drafted him........

But he's certainly underwhelmed. As people have said, i'm thinking Gordon is coming back and Higgins/Callaway/Ratley are all impressing.

Landry, Gordon, Higgins, Callaway, Ratley. That's five right there

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
Jeremy Macklin is still available...........I think.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Art Briles is in Italy now. he better not cross the Camorra.
the list of Baylor busts is lengthy
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.
Baylor hasnt put a decent player since Thomas Everett

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Jeremy Macklin is still available...........I think.

I do like Maclin a lot, he will be another natural hand catcher to play alongside Landry. Only issue with him is I watched him often last year...Poor guy got busted up a lot (was taking a lot of big hits continually...Thus leaving a lot of games early, I mean I honestly lost count after he was pulled out 5 times...sometimes coming back and not being effective....Then again that offense was horrible last year) I hope Maclin is getting healthy and we give him a deal...With him facing lesser coverage (Landry and Gordon in fold ((hopefully)) And with his skills in route running and hands, he would be an excellent pick-up and mentor.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Art Briles is in Italy now. he better not cross the Camorra.
the list of Baylor busts is lengthy
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.
Baylor hasnt put a decent player since Thomas Everett

Jason Smith...man was he horrid at LT and LG...forgot all about him.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Maclin would be affordable and he can return kicks.
i wonder if he has a lingering injury or did he lose that 2nd gear ????

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

Are people really high on Ratley? He looks practice squad material to me at best....Then again we have preseason games to judge that. I really see a lot of the buzz about Higgins (whom I always preferred over Richardo Heyward-Bey Louis) And I hope Dorsey found his gem in Calloway.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post. You are right about him getting "nicked" a lot.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Don't add anyone. Just give Duke more reps.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

Are people really high on Ratley? He looks practice squad material to me at best....Then again we have preseason games to judge that. I really see a lot of the buzz about Higgins (whom I always preferred over Richardo Heyward-Bey Louis) And I hope Dorsey found his gem in Calloway.

I was really hoping we would sign Eli Rodgers. Didn't happen. He went back to Pittsburgh after visiting us and Oakland [I think?]

I am not high on Ratley. I'm not down on him, either. LOL I can't ever remember watching him play. And if I haven't, I truly wonder how many of our posters have?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Maclin would be affordable and he can return kicks.
i wonder if he has a lingering injury or did he lose that 2nd gear ????

Maclin still has speed, but probably not the jets he had back in 2013 or 2014 (forget the year he tore his ACL) Also I havent seen him doing any returning the past couple years, He was a stud back in the day with Philly (I think that had to do more or less keeping him healthy)

Biggest concern is he gets banged up often, and I mean he was hobbled all last year in Baltimore...But the guy is a saint on and off the field, a quiet leader (I think Landry would love him, as he's actually a lot like him...player wise and a quiet leader like him as well)

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 08/05/18 10:56 PM.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Man, I hope Dorsey has something up his sleeve now.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Unless I am counting wrong only one of those ghastly, awful first round picks was made by sashi Brown. Brown did bring on about 11-22 current starters for the browns so he must have done something’s right. He also acquired many of the assets Dorsey used to strengthen our roster. Reports I read were that someone told Brown that wentz was not worth the second pick. Not sure if there is any truth to that.
I find it ironic that many of the posters who constantly complain about the “hue bashers” are themselves chronic, constant sashi bashers. In fact I do not think brown’s name would ever come up were it not for them.

V
Legend
Legend
V
boo

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

I was really hoping we would sign Eli Rodgers. Didn't happen. He went back to Pittsburgh after visiting us and Oakland [I think?]

I am not high on Ratley. I'm not down on him, either. LOL I can't ever remember watching him play. And if I haven't, I truly wonder how many of our posters have?

I haven't. I only mentioned him in my earlier post because he's a 2018 draft pick who will be given a chance to develop. There's some history - a lot still yet to be written - on Coleman. But he's had opportunities that he hasn't taken advantage of.

gmstrong

-----------------

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Big news like this deserves its own thread.

We DO have a crowded WR room. I just feel like this team maximizes economic loss when it comes to trading our former first rounders.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Corey Coleman Traded to Bills

Link Copied to Clipboard