DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:19 AM
Breaking News: the #Browns have traded Corey Coleman to the Buffalo Bills for a draft pick
— Jack McCurry (@JMcCurryCLE) August 6, 2018
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:19 AM
So much for that 1st round pick ...
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:23 AM
Needed to be done....its business. Time to start winning around here.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:24 AM
I wish him well but he hasn't panned out. At least we got something for him.

Hardly knew the guy.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:24 AM
Josh Allen throwing the ball to Zay Jones and Corey Coleman is why I have such anxiety during fantasy season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:25 AM
I'd bet we get a 6th rounder or so
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:25 AM
Hated the pick at the time. He’s fast... that’s his attribute. He’s also proven to be fragile.
Not thinking he’ll be missed on the roster.
Thanks for your time CC.
Good luck in Buffalo.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:25 AM
Wow! What round?

Think about this............we had the second overall pick in the draft. Guys like Wentz, Zeke, Jalen Ramsey, Bosa, etc would have been available to us and we ended up w/Corey Freaking Coleman as our first overall choice that year. saywhat
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:26 AM
Also I think that Higgins having a good camp, plus Calloway and Ratley, helped make this a lot easier.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:26 AM
I wonder if this is a sign that Josh is coming back sooner rather than later?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:27 AM
What a freaking bust ... especially when looking at the other available guys at #2 that year
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Wow! What round?

Think about this............we had the second overall pick in the draft. Guys like Wentz, Zeke, Jalen Ramsey, Bosa, etc would have been available to us and we ended up w/Corey Freaking Coleman as our first overall choice that year. saywhat

I'd laugh, but it's too depressing to think about.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:29 AM
yet some will continue to praise Sashi Brown.
wow the worst GM ever and Farmer a close 2nd
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Wow! What round?

I'd laugh, but it's too depressing to think about.

But wait, it gets worse.

Field Yates
‏
Verified account

@FieldYates
Follow Follow @FieldYates
More
Browns 1st rounders, 2012-2016:

Trent Richardson: traded in 1 yr
Brandon Weeden: cut in 2 yrs
Barkevious Mingo: traded in 3 yrs
Justin Gilbert: traded in 2 yrs
Johnny Manziel: cut in 2 yrs
Danny Shelton: traded in 3 yrs
Cam Erving: traded in 2 yrs
Corey Coleman: traded in 2 yrs

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1026279099927486469
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:31 AM

Ben Axelrod
‏Verified account @BenAxelrod

Ben Axelrod Retweeted Matt Miller

The Browns had the No. 2 pick in a draft where the entire top 5 made the Pro Bowl within each of their first two years.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:37 AM
Depressing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:38 AM
Even more depressing.

Yet, some clown is writing about how Sashi is "lauded" as very good drafter. rolleyes
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:43 AM
If we got anything worse than a 3rd rounder I don't like this trade.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
If we got anything worse than a 3rd rounder I don't like this trade.

If we get a 5th or better I'll be shocked. It was only a matter of time.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
What a freaking bust ... especially when looking at the other available guys at #2 that year

So depressing.... sad it didn't work out... wish him well...
Posted By: FATE Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:47 AM

I predict it will be a 4th round pick.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:47 AM
hasnt done anything for us. not anything to crazy to let him go...probebly for 6th
Posted By: Swish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:49 AM
I swear the Browns are the bermuda triangle of the NFL.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:51 AM
Suspect hands, oft-injured, according to some posters his route running isn't good, based on a couple incidents he might have some character issues.

We just upgraded our WR room IMO.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:52 AM
The dude sucked. Good riddance.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:52 AM
We are THIN at wide receiver, we have one proven WR in Landry and then... a whole lot of questions. Sure hope Dorsey is planning on trading FOR a WR or signing Dez Bryant. Otherwise, we could have trouble. I love Landry but we need more than one stud WR.
Posted By: Swish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:52 AM
The dude sucked. Good riddance.

yea, like.....99% of our 1st rounders.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:52 AM
I think we pulled the trigger too early. We could have an injury and he becomes a nesesity. Plus, hes only 2 years in. Lots can happen.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:53 AM
True.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:54 AM
Good points, but perhaps he was a head case? He sure came across as one.
Posted By: mike3LT Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:55 AM
Sad, but cannot say I'm completely surprised. I would have kept him and think we pulled the plug too early (unlike some of the other ones we've traded) but that doesn't matter now. I hope we got a decent mid-rounder for him.

Hopefully Flash is back soon.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:55 AM
Even more depressing.

Yet, some clown is writing about how Sashi is "lauded" as very good drafter. rolleyes

Lauded by who? *snicker* He passed on taking Wentz. That alone should have gotten him fired. I wanted Sashi to succeed but when he passed on a QB at #2 that year I had the feeling he wasn't going to be around very long. We are thin at the WR position. I sure hope they plan on adding someone. Dez or pick up a couple cast off's after first cuts...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:57 AM
The Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills have agreed to the following trade:

Browns receive:

Undisclosed future draft pick

Bills receive:

WR Corey Coleman

Coleman, a first-round pick in 2016, appeared in 19 games and totaled 56 receptions for 718 yards and five touchdowns.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-trade-wr-corey-coleman-to-bills
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Even more depressing.

Lauded by who? *snicker* He passed on taking Wentz. That alone should have gotten him fired. I wanted Sashi to succeed but when he passed on a QB at #2 that year I had the feeling he wasn't going to be around very long. We are thin at the WR position. I sure hope they plan on adding someone. Dez or pick up a couple cast off's after first cuts...

At some point in time, you guys are going to figure out that I don't make crap up. It's only been about 17 years that I have been on the boards now.

There is another thread on this very forum. I think it's the Dorsey thread and that statement as mentioned by the reporter. A couple of posters quoted it in an attempt to bash Hue and defend Sashi. It's there. Go look for yourself. But, don't call me out for something you didn't have time to read.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:00 AM
Quote:

Undisclosed future draft pick

Does anyone else hate that phrase? LOL
Posted By: bonefish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:01 AM
All love for Sashi.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:02 AM
Thanks for the memories CoCo!

Antonio Callaway must be tearing it up and the team is likely confident Gordon will be returning.

Side note, should make for a dramatic moment to watch this all go down on the first episode of Hard Knocks.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:03 AM
Everyone hopes meathead returns soon, but does anyone think he can skip camp and start right away? Does he even know the offense? ZERO practice in camp with our new QB and new OC... But yeah, he's going to skip camp and show up for the Steelers game ready to play... right. lol

If the Browns are counting on his return or his play then they are foolish. They better be planning on finding us a couple more WR's.
Posted By: Swish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:03 AM
Corey gave us:

- two broken hand injuries

- a dropped pass that pretty much sealed our fate for 0-16.
Posted By: edromeo Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:03 AM
They must feel confident with Higgins/Calloway as 3rd receivers
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:04 AM
haha....nfl.com says late round pick
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:05 AM
It takes most rookie receivers two or three seasons to fully learn the position and put their potential fully to work. But with Coleman, there were too many problems with things that had nothing to do with his rookie learning curve.

Coleman had problems with injuries, which isn't his fault unless the rumors of his malingering on the injured list had some truth to them. Coleman had off field immaturity and bad behavior issues. He didn't learn his playbook and route trees as well as he could have, according to reports. He made dumb mistakes owing to a lack of attention to detail. He didn't seem to be enthusiastic and hard working. Oh, and he dropped the ball. A lot. That's an important one.

Hats off to Dorsey for recognizing the problem and getting something back by way of a trade.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:05 AM
Even more depressing.

At some point in time, you guys are going to figure out that I don't make crap up. It's only been about 17 years that I have been on the boards now.

There is another thread on this very forum. I think it's the Dorsey thread and that statement as mentioned by the reporter. A couple of posters quoted it in an attempt to bash Hue and defend Sashi. It's there. Go look for yourself. But, don't call me out for something you didn't have time to read.

I believe you man, must have come off differently than I wanted it to. I was mocking whoever was silly enough to say such a foolish thing. Not you.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:05 AM
Everyone hopes meathead returns soon, but does anyone think he can skip camp and start right away? Does he even know the offense? ZERO practice in camp with our new QB and new OC... But yeah, he's going to skip camp and show up for the Steelers game ready to play... right. lol

If the Browns are counting on his return or his play then they are foolish. They better be planning on finding us a couple more WR's.

Half of the NFL could come in tomorrow and start for us frown
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:05 AM
he was probebly getting beat out by an undrafted rook with one eye
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
It takes most rookie receivers two or three seasons to fully learn the position and put their potential fully to work. But with Coleman, there were too many problems with things that had nothing to do with his rookie learning curve.

Coleman had problems with injuries, which isn't his fault unless the rumors of his malingering on the injured list had some truth to them. Coleman had off field immaturity and bad behavior issues. He didn't learn his playbook and route trees as well as he could have, according to reports. He made dumb mistakes owing to a lack of attention to detail. He didn't seem to be enthusiastic and hard working. Oh, and he dropped the ball. A lot. That's an important one.

Hats off to Dorsey for recognizing the problem and getting something back by way of a trade.

It's funny, so many are so happy to see Coleman go or blame him for the injuries, unwillingness to learn etc. Yet fawn all over meathead who isn't in camp, and has had ONE good season for the team. He's been suspended more games than he's played. But everyone loves him and would scream bloody murder if we traded him off or cut him. Weird.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:10 AM
The whole coaching staff told this guy.

Dude you have to show up big. This is your third year. You have to prove your worth.

And there he goes. Out the door.

Makes me puke. We trade out Wentz and take a bum receiver.

I sure hope this crap ends with Dorsey.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:10 AM
Well spirit, it's because Josh has 10 times the talent that CC has. Literally.
It is what it is.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Half of the NFL could come in tomorrow and start for us frown

You bet. We have Landry and that's about it. A rookie we got in the 4th round, a couple guys that have lingered at the end of our bench and not much else. I would hate for the lack of WR talent to curtail all the good this team has done this year. This could be a really good offense but with only one proven WR and nothing but questions to go with... that isn't good.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:13 AM
Could of been in the Corey Coleman thread YTown had started
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:17 AM
Coleman another Baylor wr with maturity issues...Gordon Wright Coleman.
its a pattern
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:17 AM
Goodbye dude.

We are epically bad at first round picks.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:17 AM
Something tells me Gordon told the team he will be back before Tuesday. Especially for a late round pick with no depth after Landry.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:17 AM
Seriously?
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Well spirit, it's because Josh has 10 times the talent that CC has. Literally.
It is what it is.

Really? Where is that talent right now? Where has it been the last four YEARS? Everyone thinks he is SO great but aside from that ONE year it's all been talk and hyperbole. Until I SEE him play like the player he supposedly is, it is all bull. The player that everyone THINKS meathead is doesn't exist. Not until he proves it on the field. Blowing off camp isn't a very good start toward proving that. He NEEDED the practice. He needed the REPS with our new QB in our new offense. But once again he doesn't disappoint with the disappointment. He is never here when the TEAM needs him to be.
That is also part of "it is what it is".
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:24 AM
My bad. Sorry.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
its a pattern

It turns out a lot of those Baylor kids had maturity issues...
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:27 AM
Figured it would happen.. it was only a matter of when..

I think Coleman can play, but the injuries along with the drops and mental lapses.. Deuces!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:27 AM
My bad. Sorry.

No worries man. Now that I read that back I can see I didn't make myself very clear.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:28 AM
Was hoping CC would show signs and benefit from playing against a lesser corner as our 3rd option...Dorsey must of thought else, funny as people were touting our core as one of the best or better WR cores...Now we have Laundry, and a bunch of scrubs...Let's pray Landry doesn't get injured, Gordon stays straight and balls all year and the scrubs show they can play in the NFL....Wonder if we look at anyone off the FA scrap pile?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:30 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Something tells me Gordon told the team he will be back before Tuesday. Especially for a late round pick with no depth after Landry.

I am not a fan of drafting Big 12 players.

Yes, there are some good ones, but the number of duds and busts from that conference far outnumber the success stories.

We actually had a thread about it once. I remember posting a chart that had all the Big 12 dudes drafted in the first round in a certain number of years. It was like a whose-who of busts!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Figured it would happen.. it was only a matter of when..

I think Coleman can play, but the injuries along with the drops and mental lapses.. Deuces!

All true, but you know, I'd take all of that over a guy that doesn't show up at all. At least Coleman showed up and was working in camp. Hope he does well in Buffalo.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:32 AM
its a pattern

I remember with that O they play there, all those Baylor WRS have or had major issues with route running as they have 3 featured routes there...Or had I should say. But def. maturity issues as you stated.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:32 AM
its a pattern

Art Briles was their coach. The entire program was criminal. Is it any wonder?

And remember when guys like Grimm were defending bringing Art "Scumbag" Briles in here to help out? Ewwww..........
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:33 AM
JC: I wonder what the pick is.

I still thought Coleman had potential. Maybe I gave him the benefit of doubt because he was my top rated receiver the year we drafted him........

But he's certainly underwhelmed. As people have said, i'm thinking Gordon is coming back and Higgins/Callaway/Ratley are all impressing.

Landry, Gordon, Higgins, Callaway, Ratley. That's five right there
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:33 AM
Jeremy Macklin is still available...........I think.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:42 AM
Art Briles is in Italy now. he better not cross the Camorra.
the list of Baylor busts is lengthy
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.
Baylor hasnt put a decent player since Thomas Everett
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:42 AM
Jeremy Macklin is still available...........I think.

I do like Maclin a lot, he will be another natural hand catcher to play alongside Landry. Only issue with him is I watched him often last year...Poor guy got busted up a lot (was taking a lot of big hits continually...Thus leaving a lot of games early, I mean I honestly lost count after he was pulled out 5 times...sometimes coming back and not being effective....Then again that offense was horrible last year) I hope Maclin is getting healthy and we give him a deal...With him facing lesser coverage (Landry and Gordon in fold ((hopefully)) And with his skills in route running and hands, he would be an excellent pick-up and mentor.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:43 AM
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.

Jason Smith...man was he horrid at LT and LG...forgot all about him.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:43 AM
Maclin would be affordable and he can return kicks.
i wonder if he has a lingering injury or did he lose that 2nd gear ????
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:46 AM
JC...

Are people really high on Ratley? He looks practice squad material to me at best....Then again we have preseason games to judge that. I really see a lot of the buzz about Higgins (whom I always preferred over Richardo Heyward-Bey Louis) And I hope Dorsey found his gem in Calloway.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:47 AM
Good post. You are right about him getting "nicked" a lot.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:47 AM
Don't add anyone. Just give Duke more reps.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

Are people really high on Ratley? He looks practice squad material to me at best....Then again we have preseason games to judge that. I really see a lot of the buzz about Higgins (whom I always preferred over Richardo Heyward-Bey Louis) And I hope Dorsey found his gem in Calloway.

I was really hoping we would sign Eli Rodgers. Didn't happen. He went back to Pittsburgh after visiting us and Oakland [I think?]

I am not high on Ratley. I'm not down on him, either. LOL I can't ever remember watching him play. And if I haven't, I truly wonder how many of our posters have?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:55 AM
Maclin would be affordable and he can return kicks.
i wonder if he has a lingering injury or did he lose that 2nd gear ????

Maclin still has speed, but probably not the jets he had back in 2013 or 2014 (forget the year he tore his ACL) Also I havent seen him doing any returning the past couple years, He was a stud back in the day with Philly (I think that had to do more or less keeping him healthy)

Biggest concern is he gets banged up often, and I mean he was hobbled all last year in Baltimore...But the guy is a saint on and off the field, a quiet leader (I think Landry would love him, as he's actually a lot like him...player wise and a quiet leader like him as well)
Posted By: CliffordCharlton Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:59 AM
Man, I hope Dorsey has something up his sleeve now.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:00 AM
Unless I am counting wrong only one of those ghastly, awful first round picks was made by sashi Brown. Brown did bring on about 11-22 current starters for the browns so he must have done something’s right. He also acquired many of the assets Dorsey used to strengthen our roster. Reports I read were that someone told Brown that wentz was not worth the second pick. Not sure if there is any truth to that.
I find it ironic that many of the posters who constantly complain about the “hue bashers” are themselves chronic, constant sashi bashers. In fact I do not think brown’s name would ever come up were it not for them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:02 AM
boo
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:04 AM
JC...

I was really hoping we would sign Eli Rodgers. Didn't happen. He went back to Pittsburgh after visiting us and Oakland [I think?]

I am not high on Ratley. I'm not down on him, either. LOL I can't ever remember watching him play. And if I haven't, I truly wonder how many of our posters have?

I haven't. I only mentioned him in my earlier post because he's a 2018 draft pick who will be given a chance to develop. There's some history - a lot still yet to be written - on Coleman. But he's had opportunities that he hasn't taken advantage of.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:04 AM
Big news like this deserves its own thread.

We DO have a crowded WR room. I just feel like this team maximizes economic loss when it comes to trading our former first rounders.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:08 AM
the Browns cant afford to swing and miss on 1st rd draft picks. that puts more pressure on current high picks to develop at a a accelerated pace.
you saw the list going back to Tom.Heckert.
no 1st rd pick lasted more than 3 years.
your 4 and 44 for a reason.
Farmer and Brown are the worst back to back.draft pick hires in history. theres no arguing that.
how many difference makers did Sashi draft?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:09 AM
Alright............I want to keep this on the right track and not let guys like keith derail it w/the BS!

I think there are a lot of similarities between Maclin and Landry, too.

I was on record as saying that Landry was my number one target when I thought he might be available in FA.

I'm on record as saying he is our most important addition this year.

I am on record as saying that I really like Maclin as a WR.

I will say that those two guys have similar skill sets. Both have great hands. Both are in my top ten "hands guys" in the entire league. Both run great routes. Both guys are good team guys who work hard.

So, let me ask you this: Do you think having two guys w/such similar traits is a good thing or not such a good thing?

Consider:

--Would it be less productive to have two guys that are so similar? Would it be better to have two guys w/dissimilar skill attributes?

--What about Edelman and Amandola in NE the last couple of years. Was that a negative or a positive?
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:10 AM
"Landry, Gordon, Higgins, Callaway, Ratley. That's five right there"

That should read Landry, Higgins, Callaway, and Ratley. That's four right there. If you are counting on meat he's probably going to let you down. Until he is here he's not part of the picture and even if he does come back at some point he doesn't know the offense and he has zero chemistry with any of our quarterbacks. Why would anyone think he can just walk in the building before the Steelers game and suit up ready to kick but? If and when he does show up I hope they sit him on the bench until he HAS practiced with the team for a number of weeks. Don't just sit the guys that have been in camp and busted ass working for a guy that couldn't be bothered to show up...

Also, does it bother anyone that NO ONE has talked to him? Every time Dorsey or Coach or any of the players were asked if they had talked to him, to a man they all said no. They say he will be back... sometime. But no one has talked to him. Weird!
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:17 AM
The last few sentences of your post read like a Donald Trump tweet, lol.

There was an article posted in the Gordon thread which mentioned that Higgins had been texting him. The most recent news ( if you can call it news) has been slightly positive. Gordon working out, Dorsey saying he will be here and Higgins saying they were texting.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:17 AM
Alright............I want to keep this on the right track and not let guys like keith derail it w/the BS!

I think there are a lot of similarities between Maclin and Landry, too.

I was on record as saying that Landry was my number one target when I thought he might be available in FA.

I'm on record as saying he is our most important addition this year.

I am on record as saying that I really like Maclin as a WR.

I will say that those two guys have similar skill sets. Both have great hands. Both are in my top ten "hands guys" in the entire league. Both run great routes. Both guys are good team guys who work hard.

So, let me ask you this: Do you think having two guys w/such similar traits is a good thing or not such a good thing?

Consider:

--Would it be less productive to have two guys that are so similar? Would it be better to have two guys w/dissimilar skill attributes?

--What about Edelman and Amandola in NE the last couple of years. Was that a negative or a positive?

The guys on the NFL network were making the same point about Dez. Possession receiver, similar to Landry, not a good fit... Hell man, with the way our team has played the last 30 years I'd take five "hands" guy/possession receivers. smile Sign Maclin AND Dez. At least we would know we wouldn't lead the league in dropped passes. smile Next year draft a true #1 WR to go along with Landry and we are good to go for a while. Either that or trade for one now if possible.
Posted By: CliffordCharlton Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:17 AM
"Also, does it bother anyone that NO ONE has talked to him? Every time Dorsey or Coach or any of the players were asked if they had talked to him, to a man they all said no. They say he will be back... sometime. But no one has talked to him. Weird!

They've spoken to him.

They're just hush-hush to media, that's all. They're not stupid. The second they make a statement, the media, the public, will all hold him to it.

I think they all just have their fingers collectively-crossed right now.

Just like all of us.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:21 AM
It's very important to you that everyone agrees w/your position on Josh, no matter how illogical it is.

Dude has missed more games than he has played. There was no need to bring Trump into this argument.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:22 AM
The last few sentences of your post reads like a Donald Trump tweet, lol.

There was an article posted in the Gordon thread which mentioned that Higgins had been texting him. The most recent news ( if you can call it news) has been slightly positive. Gordon working out, Dorsey saying he will be here and Higgins saying they were texting.

That hurts man. Comparing me to the orange orangutan. Yikes! I had not heard about Higgins texting him. I have seen many interviews where players and staff were asked and they all said they had not talked to him. I have the feeling(and that is all it is) that he will show up the week after they break camp. Had a nice summer off, didn't have to bust ass or face the Hard Knocks Cameras and then he'll show up when the money starts to flow... He won't miss any game checks.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:24 AM
Yet another wasted 1st round pick.

Just amazing.

I suspect that we will work Duke more at WR, and I also suspect that the team really does expect Gordon back soon.

I would guess that our WR depth chart will look something like this:

Landry
Gordon
Higgins
Duke
Callaway

Ratley, Board, Jackson, and Scott have all shown up at one point or another. The team liked Janis enough to sign him, but he had been hurt, so maybe they also like him.I remember the Steelers pulling receivers out of nowhere when Haley was there. Maybe we'll start doing that as well.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:25 AM
That's what guys like Strife do. Every post of his on the JG topic is centered around blasting anyone who dares question Josh Gordon. He posts dumb ass videos that aren't relevant. He makes things up. He tries to control the narrative.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:28 AM
as long as a WR can move the chains and catch the ball when his number is called it doesnt matter.
Ive seen offenses employ 3 different types of WRs and it works
the Redskins pulled it off with.Clark.Saunders and Monk.
the Chargers with Jefferson Joiner Chandler Winslow
the Browns just need to.bring in a solid bigger body WR
thats a real precise route runner and has strong hands to high point and bring it in.
the guy they should look at is Brandon LaFell or Justin Hunter of the Steelers.
Hunter has a ton of ability and radius.
hes not gonna get alot of reps in Pittsburgh
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:41 AM
That's what guys like Strife do. Every post of his on the JG topic is centered around blasting anyone who dares question Josh Gordon. He posts dumb ass videos that aren't relevant. He makes things up. He tries to control the narrative.

Well, I'm just coming off a two week time out for my last argument with a meathead lover. Won't be making that mistake again for a while lol If they want to pin all of their hopes and dreams on meat, fine. When he rips their little hearts out they get what they deserve. There is a reason I dubbed him meathead and one of these days they will figure out why... on that day I shall *snicker* loudly smile Peace Vers. Hope your summer is going well.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:43 AM
its a pattern

Art Briles was their coach. The entire program was criminal. Is it any wonder?

And remember when guys like Grimm were defending bringing Art "Scumbag" Briles in here to help out? Ewwww..........

To be fair, he was never found guilty of any wrongdoings...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:44 AM
You let will get under your skin. I'm not one to talk, because Lord knows I have fallen victim to that crap so many times. LOL

Spirit, I don't trust Josh Gordon at all. Where we differ is that I really hope he turns it around and helps our team. I am not counting on it, but I haven't counted it out.
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:58 AM

It's funny, so many are so happy to see Coleman go or blame him for the injuries, unwillingness to learn etc. Yet fawn all over meathead who isn't in camp, and has had ONE good season for the team. He's been suspended more games than he's played. But everyone loves him and would scream bloody murder if we traded him off or cut him. Weird.

Heh. Yeah, every time one points out that Josh Gordon has missed 54 out of the last 64 regular season Browns games and in the 10 games he did bother to show up he was apathetic, chubby, and didn't know the playbook or his route trees; the only reply the Josh Gordon Fanbois ever have is, "BZZZ!!!"
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:01 AM
Anyone hearing anything about Janis? Don't remember hearing his name come up in camp. With Callaway, Higgins and Board stepping up, Coleman's "soft tissue" issue was his ticket out of town. Nice kid, but the best ability is availability.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:05 AM
Having a tough time telling if this is a bash Corey Coleman thread or another bash Sashi thread.

I don't like this trade. I feel there's more here than we know. Coleman may not have been living up to his draft status but for WR-starved team he was certainly serviceable. And not a Laquon Treadwell-type bust, good thing none of us wanted him either, right. Maybe Coleman wasn't a good fit with Hue, who knows... But this seems like an odd trade. And poor Coleman going to, ironically, a place with a worse QB situation than ours. Good luck.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:05 AM
I think Janis was hurt at the beginning of camp for some time. I don't know if he is still out or not.

I dug pretty deep into a Packers forum when we signed him and some Packers fans were upset that they never utilized him. The consensus seemed to be that he was talented but had serious trouble running consistent routes and picking up Rodgers scheme.

I'd expect him to be a "special package" type guy if he makes the team. I don't think he will be an every down receiver.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:08 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Needed to be done....its business. Time to start winning around here.

How So? This is not a move that helps because Coery Coleman will not score any touchdowns for the Cleveland Browns this year, now.

This move doesn't help the Browns beat Pittsburgh or any of the other teams in the AFC north.

So? Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, (2017 opening day starters), will not score any for the Browns this year.
Ricardo Louis is out for the year, Sammie Coates is gone, Kasen Williams is gone, that's a lot of Wr's gone from last years group.

Even if in a diminished role, Corey Coleman was a force teams would have to deal with, a threat to score touchdowns.

The Browns are a less powerful team after this move.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:11 AM
Quote:
Maybe Coleman wasn't a good fit with Hue, who knows...

Yep, that's it. rolleyes
Posted By: FATE Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:11 AM

Coleman catching passes from Josh Allen??

His hand should be broken in about 3... 2... 1...
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:13 AM
Right? Josh Allen has trouble throwing the ball " in the window ", Zay Jones just wants to "jump out of the window." and Coleman can't catch it even when it's in the window .
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:16 AM
Right? Josh Allen has trouble throwing the ball " in the window ", Zay Jones just wants to "jump out of the window." and Coleman can't catch it even when it's in the window .

And Josh Gordon has no issues.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:22 AM
I never said anything of the sort.

Don't try to control the narrative.

Just deal with it Vers.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:24 AM
For a team that had Howard Bug on the roster for at least a 1/3rd of the 2017 season, And some mid season signing which name I can not ever seem to recall had major playing time last year,
they have no business trading away someone with the potential of Coleman at this point in the year.

But This is the case of not continuing to stick any thing out over time until a winning formula develops.

What would happen if a team couldn't stick with their number 1 Wr, and parted with all 3 of their Qb's, back to back to back years?

Well the Browns are here.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:25 AM
I’m not exactly sure why hoping and rooting for Josh to beat his addiction/anxiety stuff is a bad thing? ... whats wrong with that? ...

U guys act like cutting him would somehow help us and cure us of all our woes ....

U guys can talk til your blue in the face and crap on Josh all U want ... he’s certainly given u enough reason too .... your right ... he showed up out of shape, not knowing the play book, running lazy,wrong routes ... your 100% correct ... but u know what else is true ... he was still head and shoulders better than any reciever he’s ever lined up with ... and there’s not a team in the league that would have done a damm thing different than we have with Josh ... cutting him would be lain flat out stupid ...

U build your WR room as if he isn’t going to be there and then hope for the best ... man o man if he does come back and plays with his head on right .... skies the limit ... if he wasn’t the freak athelete he was he wouldn’t be here .... but hes a GAME CHANGER and i mean a GAME F’NG CHANGER!!!

He makes our 1/2 punch at reciever better than any in the league ... thats the kind of FREAK ATHELETIC SKILL he has and U and Spirit makes us sound like morons cause we HOPE he beats his addictions nd get his head right so were a MUCH BETTER O ...

And u guys say we shouldn’t count on him ... OK .. I get it ... ummmm .... fellas .. we went out and got Jarvis “ VICE GRIPS” Landry” ... we also rolled the dice and drafted Calloway a first rnd talent that fell to the 4th cause of off field issues ...

What else was Dorsey suppose to do fellas? ... seriously ... WHAT ELSE SHOULD HE HAVE DONE? ,.. WTF ... u guys may be being a BIT UNREASONABLE ... or maybe its just me .. rolleyes ...

And why the hell shouldnt we hope Josh comes back .... get off your high horses and ROOT FOR JOSH to help us be all that we can be ...

LETS GOOOOOOO .... thumbsup
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:28 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
But This is the case of not continuing to stick any thing out over time until a winning formula develops.

I agree with you. It's not exactly like he has been in the best situation the last couple of years.

Better to keep him on the team and see if he develops than to trade him for peanuts.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:28 AM
These dudes want to cut Josh Gordon, but will be the first to curse out the Browns if he went to the Pats or GB.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:32 AM
Coleman was the 1st WR drafted that year.
his numbers in college hid his overall lack of knowledge of the route tree and desire to be great.
i said years ago with Coleman he has no drive to be great.
he had 3 years to show dedication and professionalism to the position.
it didnt help genius Sashi brought in a guy with a worse work ethic in Jenny Britt to.mentor Coleman.
everybody in the NFL is talented.
its the drive and ambition and preparation that sets guys apart.
Corey had none of the above.
Sashi Brown created a culture or sustained a culture of guys being handed jobs.
Dorsey is trying to change that.
if Sashi was around Corey would still be around
giving 75%.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:32 AM
These dudes want to cut Josh Gordon, but will be the first to curse out the Browns if he went to the Pats or GB.

I want to be very clear.

I do NOT want to cut Josh Gordon.

However, I think his issues are his own and not the fault of other people.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:47 AM
Kinda feels like we're selling low.

I wonder if this was initiated by Dorsey or Hue. Hue seemed a little peeved with the most recent tweaked hammy.

Will he pass his physical?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:55 AM

Well, I'm just coming off a two week time out for my last argument with a meathead lover. Won't be making that mistake again for a while lol If they want to pin all of their hopes and dreams on meat, fine. When he rips their little hearts out they get what they deserve. There is a reason I dubbed him meathead and one of these days they will figure out why... on that day I shall *snicker* loudly smile Peace Vers. Hope your summer is going well.

Lol I'm glad you're back.
When you tell someone to F off, or throw them an F you, you might get suspended. And the Internet tough guy thing has to go, haha.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:57 AM
I don't really care when Coleman was drafted. He is probably at worst the 3rd best WR on the team.

The complaint for years here is that we have had crap WR. We just traded away one of our better WR and almost everyone posting here is happy he's gone because for some odd reason they think it means they were right about Sashi. We have to look at what's important here, right?
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:24 AM
The more I think about the trade, the more I think Coleman tweaking his hammy in camp was "the straw that broke the camel's back".
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:26 AM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Kinda feels like we're selling low.

I wonder if this was initiated by Dorsey or Hue. Hue seemed a little peeved with the most recent tweaked hammy.

Will he pass his physical?

I think that the writing was on the wall for Coleman in the off-season. The front office was trying to trade him, during the draft. I am quite sure, after the Sashi Brown debacle, that Dorsey wasn't going to override the wishes of the coaches arbitrarily.

Coleman had attitude issues. and I think the Browns were tired of it. He didn't seem interested in really improving his craft, and learning the playbook inside out. He wasn't a great route runner, and that's not going to fly in Haley's offense.

I also recall reading that Haley is looking forward to running multiple TE formations. That makes sense, given our desire to run the ball, and Taylor's affinity for hitting the TE up the seam.

I think that a lot of things went into this, and the writing was on the wall. I was hoping that Coleman might have turned the corner this past weekend, but evidently not.

Oh well, another wasted pick. Time to move on.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:40 AM
While I disagree with this move, I understand why it was made. Corey Coleman was not drafted by this front office, there are other talented receivers that need to make the team (Antonio Callaway, Jeff Janis, and Rashard Higgins), and we have other players that can easily fill in as primary pass catchers (David Njoku, Seth Devalve, and Duke Johnson). I think Corey Coleman can be good, but his injuries have held him back. I also think he will have a tougher time in Buffalo than he did in Cleveland.

The main reason I think trading Coleman will turn to be a mistake is that he was not very expensive and his upside was high. Getting rid of that upside for whatever late round pick we got doesn't really make sense in my mind.

Luckily in trading Coleman, instead of cutting him, we take a much smaller cap hit. We take on $1,669,088 in dead money because we traded him. The number would have been $5,217,948 for 2018 if we cut him and $3,708,404 in 2019. (It is also for this reason that it was amazing that we were able to trade Justin Gilbert and Cam Erving.)

It's sad to say, but Coleman was probably our second or third best first round pick over a cherry picked span of time (from 2012 to 2016). Oof.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:42 AM
its a pattern

When raping girls isn't off limits. . .
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:45 AM
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.

Bryce Petty. Duh.

In all seriousness the guys from Baylor are pretty bad.

http://pfref.com/tiny/PkanS

Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright (who were going to draft instead of Brandon Weeden) aren't horrible and RGIII could have been good under the right circumstances.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:47 AM

I like this solution. Also throw the ball to the giant human who no one can cover more.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:49 AM
I also have to say, it's hard to judge any wide receiver with the QBs Corey Coleman has had throwing to him. Is there a worse group ever than DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Cody Kessler, and RGIII? Yuck.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:10 AM
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is there any chance this trade was made to open up a roster spot for Josh Gordon to come back?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:26 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.

Bryce Petty. Duh.

Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright (who were going to draft instead of Brandon Weeden) aren't horrible and RGIII could have been good under the right circumstances.

What was the name of that RG from Baylor who was a huge bust for Philly...I think he was also a trained fireman too...and was considered a safe 1st round pick...and he was garbage...I cant recall it was probably 5 years ago.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 08:19 AM
It's pretty clear that our coaches and FO were not enthused about him ... we don't really know what type of efforts he made in practice, in film, etc. He certainly hasn't inspired anything in my eyes.

Having said that, it's really early in a dude's career to just sell him off for a late round pick. They must have zero confidence in him.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 08:29 AM
I think we sign a safety net now. Dez probably.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 08:47 AM
Certainly magnifies how crappy our FO, scouting and draft decisions were. Sure hope it's improved...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:42 AM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Certainly magnifies how crappy our FO, scouting and draft decisions were. Sure hope it's improved...
starting with Callaway ... we need him to pan out IMO
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Thanks for the memories CoCo!

Antonio Callaway must be tearing it up and the team is likely confident Gordon will be returning.

Side note, should make for a dramatic moment to watch this all go down on the first episode of Hard Knocks.

I think the first episode is aleady complete. I takes time to edit.

That said, no sense worrying about what could have been. Take out 6th or 7th rounder and look forward.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 10:57 AM
Even more depressing.

If you ever want to know why you always get suspended, refer back to this post.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:03 AM
While I disagree with this move, I understand why it was made. Corey Coleman was not drafted by this front office, there are other talented receivers that need to make the team (Antonio Callaway, Jeff Janis, and Rashard Higgins), and we have other players that can easily fill in as primary pass catchers (David Njoku, Seth Devalve, and Duke Johnson). I think Corey Coleman can be good, but his injuries have held him back. I also think he will have a tougher time in Buffalo than he did in Cleveland.

The main reason I think trading Coleman will turn to be a mistake is that he was not very expensive and his upside was high. Getting rid of that upside for whatever late round pick we got doesn't really make sense in my mind.

Luckily in trading Coleman, instead of cutting him, we take a much smaller cap hit. We take on $1,669,088 in dead money because we traded him. The number would have been $5,217,948 for 2018 if we cut him and $3,708,404 in 2019. (It is also for this reason that it was amazing that we were able to trade Justin Gilbert and Cam Erving.)

It's sad to say, but Coleman was probably our second or third best first round pick over a cherry picked span of time (from 2012 to 2016). Oof.

I agree. I am also not a fan of this trade but when you turn over regime after regime, players go. I think Coleman was having a very good camp and his presence on the field would have been beneficial for Landry and Gordon. The last I heard, it's a late round conditional pick. That seem ridiculous and perhaps the team just wanted him gone from stuff that happened last year with Britt and Coleman. Also, Gordon's status up in the air and Calloway's off field issues put a lot of questions marks in the WR corp. I don't think this was smart and wouldn't be surprised if Hue requested, as a result of issues last year, that he be moved.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:36 AM
I think Coleman might have had a hard time making the final cuts.

Calloway looks like he will be a better than good receiver. The team also likes Ratley and CJ Board.

So add in Gordon, Landry,and Higgins and you have some people who are going to get crowded out.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
... a lot of questions marks in the WR corp. I don't think this was smart...

Who am I to question this move, but I believe it really thins us out at the position. From this move, it would lead you to believe that we plan on having Gordon back fairly soon. Otherwise, we have gone from a potential strength to a position of weakness. This story is not yet finished...
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:42 AM
Hopefully the coaching staff and FO have news on Gordon that is not privy to the public.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think Coleman might have had a hard time making the final cuts.

Calloway looks like he will be a better than good receiver. The team also likes Ratley and CJ Board.

So add in Gordon, Landry,and Higgins and you have some people who are going to get crowded out.

I think it's fair to say that Coleman had an uphill battle after two injuries and concerns about maturity. I never thought he was on the bubble of being cut, more like people didn't like him. Reports showed he was having a good camp, but admittedly, I have not been watching the videos as much.

This just in.....the pick is for 2020 conditional seventh.
Quote:
Compensation update: Cleveland traded former first-round pick, WR Corey Coleman, to the Buffalo Bills for a seventh-round pick in 2020, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1026434223689920518
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:47 AM
[quote=MemphisBrownie]
This just in.....the pick is for 2020 conditional seventh.
[quote]

Whaaaaaat? That's a giveaway... thumbsdown
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:48 AM
Corey Coleman trade seems like a blunder by John Dorsey
General manager John Dorsey has done a fine job to this point, but trading Corey Coleman for less than nothing is puzzling at best, and a blunder at worst.

New general manager John Dorsey has already shed another Cleveland Browns first-rounder in a move that probably surprised no one who’s been paying attention.

The Browns now miserably have none of their first rounders from 2009 to 2016 despite making 11 selections in those eight drafts. Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers and David Njoku are the only first-rounders left on their roster.

Corey Coleman trade rumors were a big fuss leading up to last April’s NFL draft. After back-to-back injury-riddled seasons to begin his career, Coleman was heading into his junior season with a lot to prove to a lot of people.

The team addressed the position by welcoming back Josh Gordon—they thought—trading for then extending Jarvis Landry, then drafting Antonio Callaway and Damion Ratley. The receiver room was obviously getting crowded, so Coleman could always have been pegged as the odd man out.

While Coleman’s selection with the No. 15 pick by former team personnel chief Sashi Brown may have been somewhat puzzling at the time, Dorsey shipping him off just 10 days into 2018’s training camp, for what we assume is a future day three draft pick, is a somewhat equally questionable move.

The Browns do have some talent at wide receiver, so from a football perspective moving on from Coleman isn’t the end of the world. Gordon is due back at any time and Duke Johnson should play a role from the slot in certain spots—although the Browns abandoned that largely last season after experimenting with it early in the year—but moving Coleman also represents a detour from the team’s mantra of driving competition at every position group. Coleman was feeling the pressure to compete, and he had strung together a series of pretty positive practices over the last week or so in response to that competition.

He was grinding and making it hard for other guys to take his place, maybe to Dorsey’s dismay. After all, Dorsey and most new general managers want to insert their guys, and Callaway—who has looked incredible as well, by the way—is his guy, not Coleman.

Moving him now seems to make little sense from a competitive standpoint, especially for what we believe Dorsey was able to secure in return for him—a late-round pick, per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

There are, then, only two possible explanations for the trade that will make this decision make sense: either Coleman was a terrible locker room guy—a bad teammate with a bad work ethic, which some have mused to be true—or he is damaged goods, and teams knew both to be true.

If neither are correct, then Dorsey moving him at his lowest possible value is a bad, maybe even horrible personnel blunder.

If neither are true, then why not allow Coleman to showcase some of his talent that he has flashed in training camp in Cleveland’s upcoming preseason games to potentially increase his value, resulting in a bigger return?

After all, teams are going to get desperate eventually. Receivers will get hurt. Guys will not pan out as teams originally anticipated. Some team in any number of scenarios may have offered more draft equity down the line, or maybe a player in exchange after seeing him in action.

So if he wasn’t a complete clown as a teammate, and wasn’t damaged goods, there’s no way this trade can be labeled a success. Every move Dorsey makes isn’t going to be a home run, and there are probably some more under-the-surface details we’re missing, but being critical here seems like a rational approach.

While it makes sense from a football perspective, from a value standpoint it leaves us wondering if Dorsey could have done a better job in securing a better return for his inherited former first-round pick.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/6/1...-by-john-dorsey

We'll see....
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:54 AM
I guess where Coleman was picked is irrelevant at this point. Either Coleman was projected to make the team or he was not. I am thinking that they have tried to work a trade deal and this was either the best offer or the only offer. If they where going to cut him anyway, why not do the deal? Also, It seems there will be many options once cuts start to replace a 3-4 wide receiver.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:01 PM
Since there has been alot of pro-trade commentary, I'll illustrate some from the other side of the aisle.

Quote:
I know Corey Coleman's career is being buried, but let's take a look of late. He had 2 catches for 19 yards in the last two weeks - poor production. But if you dig deeper, he only has 9 targets. Here are his 9 targets and their result. These targets are something to behold.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/945649044247994368 (video)

Quote:
If you actually watch Corey Coleman’s 19 games and don’t see a guy who can produce, then you’re lost. Check the targets - check each one....he can play. QB issues were massive.

I can accept injury history & off-field issues we don’t know about, but the football player can play.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18

Quote:
If the Browns were trading a late round conditional style pick for an explosive athlete WR who has good tape when healthy, fans would be psyched.

You want to be on the Buffalo side of this trade.

https://twitter.com/JoshFin/status/1026290158293934082

Quote:
You're two mistakes from Jarvis Landry, Hollywood Higgins and CJ Board? as your top 3 wideouts.

https://twitter.com/_PeteSmith_/status/1026284921122369536

Quote:
Alright, not doing what I did with Shelton earlier this year.

Coleman was a quality #2 when he was on the field. Don’t try to argue with me about him being a good football player. Tape doesn’t lie.

They clearly moved on from the injury issues and perhaps the person. Shrug.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1026284417839521793

Quote:
A week ago, no one was stopping Coleman.

If he was nothing but a deep threat, that would be worth more than what they're getting.

https://twitter.com/_PeteSmith_/status/1026284378865975296
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:09 PM
Quote:
Two notes on the #Browns trade of ex-first round WR Corey Coleman to the #Bills: 1. It’s not related to the status of Josh Gordon, who is still away from the team. 2. It’s not related to Dez Bryant, who is receiving interest from CLE but nothing imminent.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1026435115910656001
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:15 PM

Quote:

If he was nothing but a deep threat, that would be worth more than what they're getting.

A quick note on Pete Smith's tweet. Zegura had mentioned on CBD that Coleman had in fact been torching TJ Carrie in practices. However, Carrie was "demoted" (for lack of a better word) and replaced by Terrance Mitchell. Mitchell was consistently shutting down Coleman once he began covering him.

On that same note, Carrie has been disappointing so far in camp while Terrance Mitchell has been impressing the coaches.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:19 PM

Quote:

A quick note on Pete Smith's tweet. Zegura had mentioned on CBD that Coleman had in fact been torching TJ Carrie in practices. However, Carrie was "demoted" (for lack of a better word) and replaced by Terrance Mitchell. Mitchell was consistently shutting down Coleman once he began covering him.

On that same note, Carrie has been disappointing so far in camp while Terrance Mitchell has been impressing the coaches.

I believe Smith's tweet was a response to someone saying what Zegura said.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:20 PM

Quote:

I believe Smith's tweet was a response to someone saying what Zegura said.

thumbsup
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:21 PM
Even more depressing.

If you ever want to know why you always get suspended, refer back to this post.

Why would I get suspended for making a comment about a reporter?

Maybe you should realize your unprovoked attacks are what gets you suspended?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:23 PM
j/c:

Quote:
I am not at all surprised that the @browns traded Corey Coleman and I’ll tell you why today on @Browns_Daily (goes back to last year). I am surprised that it was for a reported future 7th but that just tells you it was much more about moving on than comp.

https://twitter.com/NathanZegura/status/1026443117711503361

Quote:
Coleman continued: he had looked better this camp than he had since his rookie year....Landry seemed to be a positive influence. He did start to vanish again when Money Mitch became the starting corner the last few days, but again, this trade wasn’t just Camp perform related.

https://twitter.com/NathanZegura/status/1026443697439887360

"I’ll tell you why today on @Browns_Daily (goes back to last year)."

^^I think this tells us a lot.^^
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:24 PM
Rumors were that they were asking a 3rd for him during the draft. A 7th round pick is extremely low, but he must have been a headcase and continued to lineup in illegal formations this summer.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:26 PM
rofl Good one!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:29 PM
Rumors were that they were asking a 3rd for him during the draft. A 7th round pick is extremely low, but he must have been a headcase and continued to lineup in illegal formations this summer.

The trade block rumors certainly did start early in 2018.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:34 PM
Memphis keeps mentioning that Coleman was having a very good camp. However, the reports I have read is that he has been inconsistent. He's had bad moments and good moments. There was the one report about Haley chewing him out and then Coleman played better after the tongue lashing.

I also think back to some of Haley's comments about the team. The one guy he seemed to be down on was Coleman. He talked about this year being a "make or break year" for him.

I realize that it is very important for some posters to defend Sashi's picks, but it seems to me that Corey Coleman has underachieved as an overall first round pick. To be traded for next to nothing tells me that he probably had some character issues that might have been toxic in the locker room. There haven't been a ton of reports about this, but there were a couple. The report about him and Britt taking off in Houston. The fight that the police investigated. I still think he broke his hand when he whacked the dude in the helmet. I don't have proof that he was bad seed, but I'm guessing he was. That's generally what you get when you draft guys from Baylor.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:36 PM
Quote:
Memphis keeps mentioning that Coleman was having a very good camp.

Memphis is referencing that reporters/analysts at camp have been saying Coleman was having a very good camp.

Quote:
The one guy he seemed to be down on was Coleman. He talked about this year being a "make or break year" for him.

Hue seemed more down on him than Haley. Probably from issues stemming from last season, which has been referenced quite a bit by many people.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:38 PM
I disagree. Again, I have read numerous reports that Coleman has been up and down in camp. He's had good moments and bad moments. He is the one who Haley gave a tongue-lashing too.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:40 PM
Quote:

Memphis is referencing that reporters/analysts at camp have been saying Coleman was having a very good camp.

Quote:
The one guy he seemed to be down on was Coleman. He talked about this year being a "make or break year" for him.

Hue seemed more down on him than Haley. Probably from issues stemming from last season, which has been referenced quite a bit by many people.

Bottom line is the team likes players like Calloway, Ratley, and CJ Board better. Even Higgins is looking pretty good...Coleman was going to have a hard time making the team.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:43 PM
Quote:
I realize that it is very important for some posters to defend Sashi's picks

I think it's important to keep players that have exhibited talent. Coleman has talent. Unfortunately, he has had injuries too, but when he was on the field, and healthy, he was good. He had [censored] poor QB play. I don't think he would have been a #1 WR, and for that, it's fair for people to question/hate the player selected at the pick, but still think he would have been of value for the Browns. Getting a 7th doesn't seem to fit the talent.

This same process would hold true for Dorsey's picks. Give them time to develop and coach them. If they don't work after three seasons, then move on. I don't think Coleman was given enought time to prove himself, mainly due to injuries and bad QB play. I also think Hue didn't like him. When that happens, he (or anyone) has no chance.

Posted By: mac Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:43 PM
Might be more to the Cory Coleman story than is mentioned in print.

I can think of a few things that might get a first round pick traded for next to nothing in return.

Just another example of why the Browns have been the worst team in the NFL..poor judgement when analyzing draft talent.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Quote:

Quote:

Bottom line is the team likes players like Calloway, Ratley, and CJ Board better. Even Higgins is looking pretty good...Coleman was going to have a hard time making the team.

Yes, I think that's rather evident of the trade made.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:47 PM
j/c:

Quote:
This shows how bad the entire league thinks Corey Coleman is. Obviously the Browns wouldn't trade Coleman without shopping him around to any team that might be interested. And no one offered better than a 2020 seventh-round pick

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1026434785751826432

Quote:
Obviously this is true, but it is still surprising to me.

https://twitter.com/NathanZegura/status/1026446855989809152
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:48 PM
This just in. Hue is responsible for global warming and generational poverty.

You really should let it go. It's not a good look.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:51 PM

Well, when even the Browns spokeperson is referencing the main issue goes back to last season and the GM, most of the FO, OC weren't here, who is the constant?

I'm not saying Hue not liking Coleman is unwarranted. There were reported issues of maturity last year.

And just because someone references Hue in a post, doesn't mean that person wants him crucified. "You really should let it go. It's not a good look."
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:55 PM
j/c:

Quote:
#Bills GM Brandon Beane said in his presser this morning that the Corey Coleman trade is contingent upon him passing his physical today. The hamstrings have been acting up in camp. Coleman on his way to Buffalo now

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1026451684879474690
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 12:57 PM
They could have dumped him long before now.

Obviously, a pattern of some sort has developed over time. Pretending that Hue had it out for him is absurd.

And do I have to post the links to Haley's comments before you accept them? Are you insinuating that I am making them up?

It appears to me that there were things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. It also appears to me that Coleman hasn't produced on the football field. It appears to me that this was probably a group decision approved by all, rather than one man's vindictiveness on another.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:00 PM

If an HC is not responsible for first round picks and the players he wants to keep, then what is the HC responsible for?

Its a team and the HEAD Coach, should be held accountable for this stuff, its only natural...
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:11 PM
I guess we should have seen that coming..
Posted By: mac Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:21 PM
Quote:
It appears to me that there were things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

Many do not allow themselves to consider the possibilities or reasons Coleman might be given away for next to nothing.

The sad part is in two years, Coleman didn't impress any of the other teams in the NFL...no one willing to trade anything of real value for Coleman. Cory established his own value within the NFL by his play and conduct over his 2 years.

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:24 PM
Do you think Dez or some other deal is already worked out? I personally do not think that first round means part-time work. We don't have much results for his being here IMO
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Do you think Dez or some other deal is already worked out? I personally do not think that first round means part-time work. We don't have much results for his being here IMO

I'm hoping it's more about liking the other WRs already on the roster than adding someone like Dez.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:27 PM
Another perspective:

COREY COLEMAN SERVES AS REMINDER OF DRAFT RISK

ear in and year out, NFL franchises across the league are suckered into high risk selections, hoping that their coaching staff will be the lucky ones to unlock the ability of a terrific athlete. In 2016, the Cleveland Browns fell into this trap with their targeting of wide receiver Corey Coleman. The team drafted the explosive and undersized pass catcher from Baylor University with the 15th overall selection.

Coleman was a mid-year Heisman front runner, thanks to six consecutive 100+ yard performances to start the season and a mind-boggling 20 receiving touchdowns in the team’s first 8 games. But suddenly, the cupcakes disappeared on the schedule. Coleman was held out of the end-zone for the team’s final 4 regular season games, 3 of which the previously undefeated Bears lost.

Coleman scratched out just one catch for eight yards against #7 ranked TCU, the definitive blow to any hope Coleman had at landing the biggest individual prize in football.

Coleman would go on to win the Biletnikoff Award, but miss the team’s bowl game thanks to a sports hernia before declaring early for the NFL Draft.

Throughout the Draft process, Coleman would be compared to wide receivers such as Anquan Boldin, Phillip Dorsett, Emmanuel Sanders, Steve Smith and Antonio Brown. In hindsight, the only thing all of these players have in common is that they have nothing in common at all.

Production can have a nasty way of persuading the eyeballs of things that aren’t truly there. In Coleman’s specific case, limited route running and poor hands were masked by the plays that Coleman did make, so much so that the two vital pieces of playing receiver were overlooked.

Coleman, although undersized, became an athletic marvel after he jumped over 40 inches in the vertical and was clocked in at 4.37 in the 40-yard dash. And the risk involved with the idea of investing in him became more and more secondary.

Some of the notes from Coleman’s 2016 NFL Draft evaluation:

Runs an extremely limited tree…made up of go, slant, post, smoke and comebacks.
Does not work to manipulate coverage.
Will drop throws if hitting on the back shoulder.
Struggles to reach behind frame to haul in throws testing catch radius.
Not exposed to a high level of advanced WR play.
Has taken advantage of spread system to stress secondary…needs to be mentally reconditioned for performance at the next level.
Needless to say, Coleman’s efforts to transition smoothly have been in vain. He’s been dogged by multiple broken hands, plus hamstring issues in each of his three seasons in the NFL (including this year’s training camp).

With just 56 catches for 718 yards and 5 touchdowns through two years to his name, his bags are now packed for the move north. The Buffalo Bills, who are in dire straits with their own wide receiver group, have flipped a 2020 7th-round draft pick to Cleveland for Coleman.

It’s a move that makes sense for Buffalo, given their big armed rookie passer and the low investment cost to take a chance on that athletic talent.

But may Coleman’s story serve as the latest reminder that playing football is much, much more important than being an athlete.

http://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/06/corey-coleman-serves-as-reminder-of-draft-risk/
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:29 PM
I understand Higgins is in camp this year and doing well. I share your hope, but every roster spot opening is probably intentional at this point in the year. Hope we get a player who is worth it.
Dorsey is a busy guy.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:31 PM
Yeah, Higgins is the guy who has reportedly been consistently good in camp this year. I hope he can step-up for us.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:37 PM
I have said it before and still repeat myself that I do not care who wins us ballgames, especially after last year.

I want to see what Higgins brings to the field this year. Really curious.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:40 PM
The guy didn't run routes in college. The guy still doesn't run good routes. He would have been a nice 3rd round value slot/speed guy for a contending team team.....
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:43 PM
I had a 2nd round grade on Higgins and a 3rd on Coleman. Other than being fast, I just never saw anything in Coleman and I mean anything at all that made me think he had even a small chance to make it in this league. He has amazing speed but he struggled with press, his routes werent sharp, his hands were questionable, he was always battling an injury in college. None of that has changed.

Now on the brightside, Callaway is a top 15 talent. so maybe it will work out for us. Dorsey has attacked the receiver position. He may or may not be done but i loved that he brought in Landry and drafted Callaway and I love the fact that he hasnt wasted more time on Coleman.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
I understand Higgins is in camp this year and doing well. I share your hope, but every roster spot opening is probably intentional at this point in the year. Hope we get a player who is worth it.
Dorsey is a busy guy.

I honestly thing that if a WR can't dominate in training camp, he has a very limited space in the NFL. Everything favors the WR until the real games start.

I would say the same thing about QB's....

So its a pre-requisite, but not an indicator for success, because many Wr's that do well in training camps are complete busts.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 01:55 PM

Quote:
Coleman continued: he had looked better this camp than he had since his rookie year....Landry seemed to be a positive influence. He did start to vanish again when Money Mitch became the starting corner the last few days, but again, this trade wasn’t just Camp perform related.

https://twitter.com/NathanZegura/status/1026443697439887360

"I’ll tell you why today on @Browns_Daily (goes back to last year)."

^^I think this tells us a lot.^^

Looks like being sent home early from Houston last year for disciplinary reasons and his alleged involvement in the New Year's eve fight played a role in shipping CoCo out.
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:12 PM
Wow haven't been on the board for a couple of days. Read a few posts on this first page. Don't have the time to go through all 5-6??? pages.

1. do we know the pick we received in the trade or is it conditional?

2. I have mentioned with or without Gordon our positional WR group has improved tremendously.

3. I have told you all without much agreement that DUKE CAN BECOME an All Pro WR and I was mocked a little for that statement. I think this is another step forward towards Duke being one of our best WRs...he will be great.

4. We have forgone the quest by MANY FO before Dorsey on the need for BIG WRs...outside of Northcutt and Kevin in our first two drafts its been a quest for Big and we thought the fact that they couldn't catch the ball was no big deal...smh.

Landry, Calloway, Duke (who is big in his RB body but not tall) are excellent WRs who can catch and run routes and make something happen after catching the ball. Add in a possible Gordon, Ratley who are tall and even Higgins who is in that 6' range the position group is the finest we have had since 1999.

I thought Corey Coleman was going to be on the bottom of our WR list and would might not make our roster...so we got something good (how good?) for him while we could!

I think Spirit is the only disappointed one about this, which is a good sign I guess...lol laugh

Please, those lamenting about our past is just that OUR PAST. there is only NOW and our Future that concerns me. Thank you John Dorsey...he is the first GM with experience besides Lombardi who was just experienced at being BAD.

He has made a ??? position group Corey was our BEST WR going into last season. To the best we have seen since 1999.

Now lets get this from PAPER to the FIELD!

This is a good thing. Man this team is turning into a realistic GOOD TEAM! Thank you, thank you for being a Homer has taken its toll as I tried to squeeze anything positive out of what we had, it was not an easy task. Those who know me didn't use it to discredit my knowledge on the game and I guess you had to read between the lines to know what I really felt.
Some I told in PMs.

So again I am telling any and all who will listen. Duke is a close 2nd to Landry as our best WRs!

Its all about the QB, in one off season Dorsey a REAL GM has gotten the WR group into a viable group within the NFL.

Now its about TT this year and Mayfield for the next DECADE wink

jmho
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:17 PM
No, we don't know the pick, yet.... it is just listed as 'undisclosed', which makes me think we probably got a conditional 7th, lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:22 PM
question that I don't know: is his contract completely off our books since we traded him?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:31 PM
This morning espn says 2020 7th rounder.

That is close to a can of beans.

Clearly Callaway and Higgins are better options.

Coleman is right there with Gilbert; even worse Weeden and Manziel.

Frankly I can not understand how a professional evaluator can miss so badly.

How could you have all the resources available in scouting; then have a GM make those decisions in the first round?

Mind boggling.

Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
No, we don't know the pick, yet.... it is just listed as 'undisclosed', which makes me think we probably got a conditional 7th, lol

2020 7th I just read

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/for_1st-rounder_corey_coleman.html

But he's gotta pass his physical

I don't think we got worthy value to be honest. But who knows. If they deem Higgins worth more than Coleman and Josh Gordon is expected back, maybe he'd have struggled making the team. Especially if they don't want to put Ratley on the practice squad.

1) Landry
2) Higgins
3) Callaway
4) Janus/Ratley
5) Gordon

EDIT: To Bonefish: lol, I wanted both Coleman and Gilbert (among other players), so I'm not doing any better

But I do wonder if they just don't like his fit and attitude on the team. Last year he had the incident where he was sent home with Kenny Britt. And then that fight with his brother outside a hotel or whatever.

As someone posted what Nathan Zegura said earlier, maybe this is more than what we've seen on the practice field
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:37 PM
i think we got rid of coleman a little too quick...I would have atleast let him play a couple preseason games maybe get more value.. theres something we're not being told.
Posted By: FATE Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:37 PM

I like this solution. Also throw the ball to the giant human who no one can cover more.

Can we dip the human in "stickum"?
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:45 PM
im a bit worried if Duke Johnson is the 2nd best WR
on this team. that means Gordon isnt on the field
and the younger WRs arent progressing
Duke is a talented football player.
hes plenty fast his hands are better than average.
I just dont see him being a All Pro WR.
that means production wise he would have to be on par with Antonio Brown Tyrek Hill AJ Green Odell Beckham DeAndre Hopkins etc
very few RBs make a successful transition to WR in tbe NFL.
Stanley Morgan is the only one i know that made the transition and ended up being a All Pro.
for Duke to be a All Pro thats means he would to beat All Pro CB across from him lined up.
i dont think among his hundreds of catches hes had to beat a All Pro CB in press coverage not once.
he would only have to get matched up.on a LB or 2nd best CB at best.
hes a good option but hes not making the NFL Networks top.100 anytime soon as a WR.
Coleman was fools gold from Baylor.
just another example of porous scouting and poor desicion from Sashi to draft him.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:47 PM
Bust of majestic proportions. Trent Richardson level bust, at least TR gave us one decent season and a 1st round pick.

Horrible. Horrible selection.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 02:53 PM
I read something, that, in all honesty, I cannot find now .... but Hue said something about Haley having 2 and 3 TE positions he has never had an opportunity to use.

I also think that we have 3 TE almost certain to make the team, in Njoku, DeValve, and Fells ....... and 1 of the other TE has reportedly been looking good. Maybe we keep 4 TE, and maybe not the FB, or maybe 1 less WR. (Especially if Duke winds up being a RB/WR slash)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:16 PM
Oh well ... We now can put away the past and look to a bright new future ... thumbsup
Posted By: bonefish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:47 PM
No offense but you don't get paid to make these choices.

You don't spend the hours studying his tape and researching every aspect of the prospect.

I am just a long time fan. Weeden I would not have taken till the seventh round. Manziel would have been off my board.

Gilbert and Coleman would have taken more time to break down. But under zero circumstance would I have passed on Wentz.

In my mind he was clearly the best QB prospect and worthy of taking him first in that draft.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 03:58 PM
j/c

I find it funny in all that I've read that nobody thinks Haley had any input into this? Does anyone honestly feel that if Haley wanted to keep, or valued Coleman at the WR position, that he would have just been shipped out for a six pack and a ham sandwich? I certainly don't. This team has added a lot of talent. The reason being is to win games. If Haley actually felt that Coleman was an ingredient to helping this team win, he wouldn't be taking a physical in Buffalo. Whether it's a lack of Coleman working hard, a lack of his ability to run routes in his third year in the league or being a head case, the reason isn't as important as the fact that neither Haley nor Hue felt his place on the roster was going to help the Browns. To think Haley didn't have a lot of input in this decision is short sighted.

Since it seems Josh has been brought up in this thread, let's be honest here. Analytics isn't just used in choosing players to draft and sign in free agency. It's used in every aspect of business. It's the use of looking at data from the past to form an informed opinion of what's to happen moving forward. There's a huge difference in what one hopes for and what one realistically expects to happen.

Hope is a best case scenario. Expectations are built on a realistic pattern that has been provided to you. Let's not all pretend that this FO and coaching staff has or is simply ignoring the pattern provided to them over the years. That would mean they put zero value in analytics.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I read something, that, in all honesty, I cannot find now .... but Hue said something about Haley having 2 and 3 TE positions he has never had an opportunity to use.

I also think that we have 3 TE almost certain to make the team, in Njoku, DeValve, and Fells ....... and 1 of the other TE has reportedly been looking good. Maybe we keep 4 TE, and maybe not the FB, or maybe 1 less WR. (Especially if Duke winds up being a RB/WR slash)

Only the Browns would be running 2 & 3 TE sets in this era of football. Can we fire these morons yet?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:17 PM
When you have guys like Njoku, DeValve, and Fells, who can all also double as big receivers, it makes sense.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:33 PM
We traded Carson Wentz for Corey Coleman and Cam Erving.

What an out and out disaster.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:38 PM
Put Njoku in the slot. I like Devalve, but he's not a competent blocker at this point. Fells can't block either. If we are running 2 & 3 TE sets, that are not primarily out of the shotgun then teams will murder us.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 04:41 PM
yet some think Sashi was such a great asset to the Browns.
he will never get another NFL front office job ever.
he wont even to be able to sell hot dogs.
sashi is laughing all the way to the bank.
i just remember all the praise he got drafting Coleman.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:06 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’m not exactly sure why hoping and rooting for Josh to beat his addiction/anxiety stuff is a bad thing? ... whats wrong with that? ...

U guys act like cutting him would somehow help us and cure us of all our woes ....

U guys can talk til your blue in the face and crap on Josh all U want ... he’s certainly given u enough reason too .... your right ... he showed up out of shape, not knowing the play book, running lazy,wrong routes ... your 100% correct ... but u know what else is true ... he was still head and shoulders better than any reciever he’s ever lined up with ... and there’s not a team in the league that would have done a damm thing different than we have with Josh ... cutting him would be lain flat out stupid ...

U build your WR room as if he isn’t going to be there and then hope for the best ... man o man if he does come back and plays with his head on right .... skies the limit ... if he wasn’t the freak athelete he was he wouldn’t be here .... but hes a GAME CHANGER and i mean a GAME F’NG CHANGER!!!

He makes our 1/2 punch at reciever better than any in the league ... thats the kind of FREAK ATHELETIC SKILL he has and U and Spirit makes us sound like morons cause we HOPE he beats his addictions nd get his head right so were a MUCH BETTER O ...

And u guys say we shouldn’t count on him ... OK .. I get it ... ummmm .... fellas .. we went out and got Jarvis “ VICE GRIPS” Landry” ... we also rolled the dice and drafted Calloway a first rnd talent that fell to the 4th cause of off field issues ...

What else was Dorsey suppose to do fellas? ... seriously ... WHAT ELSE SHOULD HE HAVE DONE? ,.. WTF ... u guys may be being a BIT UNREASONABLE ... or maybe its just me .. rolleyes ...

And why the hell shouldnt we hope Josh comes back .... get off your high horses and ROOT FOR JOSH to help us be all that we can be ...

LETS GOOOOOOO .... thumbsup

Sorry man, but I don't root for meathead or any other player on this TEAM. I root for the Cleveland Browns. Team. Now there is a word I don't hear much in these threads. You know, the guys that are out there right now busting ass to get better. But they are the stupid ones. They all should have taken the summer off like the wonderful Josh Gordon. Why bust ass when you can sit home playing video games and then just show up and play like Jerry Rice?

You say he gives us the best one-two punch in football? HOW DO YOU KNOW? He sure didn't look that special last year. He has had ONE good year and that was a LONG time ago. He has missed more games than he has played! So how exactly do you know that he doesn't need any practice? He doesn't need to build chemistry with our new QB's? In our brand new offense? That he can show up game one against the Steelers and play lights out in an offense he hasn't practiced in?
You, sir, are taking a LOT for granted. Like that he will show up at all. Like when he does he will pass a urine test. Like if he does he will play like the best WR in the league never having practiced with the TEAM in camp. How many reps has he missed so far? If he shows up tomorrow how will he get those reps back?

I too hope Josh the PERSON gets his life together. I don't hate him. But as a player on this TEAM I don't TRUST him one tiny little bit. I think it would be a HUGE mistake for the TEAM to put any faith in him whatsoever. I think fans that keep talking about how awesome he is are remembering a player that doesn't exist. Until he shows up and PLAYS like this mythical giant you all keep describing it's all just talk. He sure as hell isn't showing me much right now, except he didn't want to work this summer and he blew off the rest of the team at the very moment they needed him to show and prove. If you went to practice today would you have seen this awesome one-two punch? Until you can answer yes, it doesn't exist man. Peace
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:10 PM
Could the trading of Coleman be tied in in any way with Gordon and his leaving the team temporarily? Meaning, If Coleman has been seen as someone whom could lead Gordon astray, would they get Gordon away from him until he was shipped off elsewhere? Just a thought.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:10 PM
I've never heard anything negative about Corey Coleman the person and the Browns would be idiotic to make roster moves based on the assumption of Josh Gordon playing.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:11 PM
Coleman must have been on the entire teams poopy list. We got a 7th round pick for him. Hell, we GAVE him to Buffalo. Something must have happened or soured the team on him. A team that is down so many WR's doesn't just give one away unless there is a reason.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:12 PM
I think this is as much a Hue call as anyone's. I know when we drafted Coleman that I though it weird because he is the exact opposite of what Hue said he loves his WR to be. Hue flat out said he prefers big physical WRs who have great hands and run good routes. Coleman was the complete opposite so I thought it was a dumb pic from the very beginning.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Could the trading of Coleman be tied in in any way with Gordon and his leaving the team temporarily? Meaning, If Coleman has been seen as someone whom could lead Gordon astray, would they get Gordon away from him until he was shipped off elsewhere? Just a thought.

You mean unlike Callaway that we drafted in the 4th? With so many off the field issues, he dropped from a possible 1st round spot?

If they were so worried about a player leading meat astray they wouldn't have drafted Callaway... Besides with meats history, it would be more like him leading someone else down the wrong path...
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:15 PM
Coleman must have been on the entire teams poopy list. We got a 7th round pick for him. Hell, we GAVE him to Buffalo. Something must have happened or soured the team on him. A team that is down so many WR's doesn't just give one away unless there is a reason.

I'm willing to bet it's mental slowness. The way he talks screams lower intelligence to me. Perhaps he was not able to pick up Haley's new system fast enough and when you consider Haley is big and WRs running accurate routes it's not hard to imagine them getting rid of him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:15 PM
Here is a crazy conspiracy. Perhaps Coleman was traded for next to nothing had more to do w/Corey Coleman than any one other single person in the organization?

Crazy, huh?
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:17 PM
True, but I don't think they get rid of Coleman if they believe that Gordon will not be back at some point. The only negatives I have heard about Coleman are what have been discussed in earlier posts ( sent home early and a fight).
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:18 PM
Here is a crazy conspiracy. Perhaps Coleman was traded for next to nothing had more to do w/Corey Coleman than any one other single person in the organization?

Crazy, huh?

I doubt it's any one thing. I am willing to be it's a whole laundry list of things. I mean he is a fragile, skinny WR who runs poor routes. I was mad the day we drafted him because I knew he didn't fit what Hue wanted. All he did was prove me right.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:30 PM
j/c:

Quote:
Decided to look at some of Coleman's targets from the end of last season for context on his abysmal catch rate. These came from only 6 quarters of action

(video)

https://twitter.com/Cole_Kev/status/1026512708873670657
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:31 PM
its apparent Coleman wasnt catching on to Haleys new system combined with his off the field incidents
he was getting passed up on the depth chart by a guy out of football for a year and guys that frankly had a better work ethic.
He showed nothing on the field that warranted his 1st rd status
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:36 PM

Dude, you just blew my mind. Now I gotta get the tin foil and make a hat ...
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:37 PM
Nothing is apparent,except that he's gone.
The reason,or reasons,is ripe for speculation.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 05:58 PM
If he had been a 4th rounder, he would have been playing for the BC Lions by now but Sashi was dumbenough to spend a #15 overall on him. He has been the target of our QBs a few times in camp when they thew picks and I would imagine that his inability to adjust his routes to what the defense is giving him is why he is gone. Dude just sucked at everything and had a crap attitude about it.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:03 PM
There it is ....Josh Allen wins Rookie of the year.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:27 PM
Put Njoku in the slot. I like Devalve, but he's not a competent blocker at this point. Fells can't block either. If we are running 2 & 3 TE sets, that are not primarily out of the shotgun then teams will murder us.

Where do you get that Fells can't block? That's his best quality.

Ian Rapoport
‏
Verified account

@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
More
As free agency takes shape in a depth-starved class, interest comes in surprising places. Blocking TEs like #Lions Darren Fells, #Raiders Lee Smith & #Broncos Virgil Green, for instance, are all going to earn more than expected because of poor draft talent there & lack of options

How adding TE Darren Fells impacts the Browns
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/20/darren-fells-addition-and-how-it-impacts-browns/

. The brief flashes of receiving from Fells may not show up for the Browns, but his consistency as a blocker will be a welcomed addition.

Darren Fells brings physicality, experience to promising Browns TE group
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/dar...browns-te-group

“I don't have Seth or David's speed, but the height definitely helps. I feel like my hands are very reliable. I try to make sure I catch everything that's thrown my way. If they're going to have me run routes that way, I'll do it to the best of my ability,” Fells said. “I know I'm block first. They brought me here to help with the run game. I'm going to focus on that first.
“Anything they want me to do I'm going to go out full speed and do it.”

Browns agree with tight end Darren Fells on three-year, $12 million deal
https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/nfl/br...12-million-deal

The Browns have David Njoku and Seth DeValve at tight end, but they’re known for their receiving skills. The team needed better blocking at the position, and the 6-foot-7, 270-pound Fells is known as one of the better blocking tight ends in the NFL.
Posted By: FATE Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:40 PM

Crazy, huh?

Absurd! rofl
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
There it is ....Josh Allen wins Rookie of the year.

Allen is likely to snap his hands off. If I were making an animated comic about the NFL, I'd have the Browns shipping Coleman wrapped in bubble-wrap to Buffalo, only to have Josh Allen great him at the door with a pass that shatters his body into a thousand pieces of glass. Then the Buffalo management asking if they still had the receipt.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 06:50 PM
Just not too familiar with his NFL career. I just remember him coming from college basketball and thought he was one of those new-age TE's. My bad. Glad I'm mistaken. Doesn't change what I said. We put 3 TEs out there from under center and we're going to be asking for a death sentence.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:16 PM
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.

Bryce Petty. Duh.

What was the name of that RG from Baylor who was a huge bust for Philly...I think he was also a trained fireman too...and was considered a safe 1st round pick...and he was garbage...I cant recall it was probably 5 years ago.

Danny Watkins.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:17 PM
my buddy is a Bills fan ... he's ecstatic about this move. Thinks Coleman is worth the low risk. I kinda agree (though, I don't disagree with US getting rid of him either)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:19 PM
Quote:
31 percent of balls directed at Corey Coleman were "off target" last season. That was third-highest among 84 wide receivers with 50+ targets. #Bills

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1026541615123329024

We gave Coleman away the same way we gave Justin Gilbert away. There had to be stuff going on that we don't know about.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:20 PM
We really need to hire a "VP of College Player Background Checking"
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:26 PM
Quote:
31 percent of balls directed at Corey Coleman were "off target" last season. That was third-highest among 84 wide receivers with 50+ targets. #Bills

We gave Coleman away the same way we gave Justin Gilbert away. There had to be stuff going on that we don't know about.
I read a few places that Kenny Britt poisoned his attitude and work ethic .. and he just never had the health or desire
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Quote:

I read a few places that Kenny Britt poisoned his attitude and work ethic .. and he just never had the health or desire

If true, is Kenny Britt the worst free agent signing ever or what?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:42 PM

Crazy, huh?

Hehehehe, I was just going to post something like that...

Injuries (hand, soft tissue)?
Trouble catching the ball?
Trouble running routes?
Trouble getting separation?

Take your pick.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 07:49 PM
I said it at the time....I don't know if anyone can mentally overcome dropping a pass to clinch an 0-16 season.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:06 PM
Quote:

Maybe they were off target because he wasn't in the right spot when he was supposed to.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:29 PM
Guess his latest soft tissue injury was the last thing before all hope was lost by our staff. I'm on record saying I didn't think Corey had a chance. Glad we could get "something" although a 7th rounder is virtually nothing. Pathetic a first rounder given away for pretty close to nothing.

Yet another horrible, horrible and outright horrible first round pick by none other than the Cleveland Browns. Bye bye...

Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:39 PM
Coleman was told this was a "Make it or Break it year." I guess he broke it ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 09:53 PM
j/c:

Did he pass his physical today?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 10:22 PM
Quote:

You’re right. DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan were actually very accurate.

Maybe they were off target because he wasn't in the right spot when he was supposed to.
Posted By: mac Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 10:33 PM
As of 1:15pm, Coleman had not shown up yet to the Bills practice facility.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 10:42 PM
Thanks mac.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 10:43 PM
According to Segura, he had issues off the field. His attitude was bad and he didn't put in the work needed. He and Jim Donavan both said they thought he would be gone way sooner. They talked as if nobody had any interest in him.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:32 PM
The Browns are consistent in two ways. Winning is a challenge is #2.

#1 is, No other team in any of major league pro sports that I can think of, regulary parts with contributors

the Way the Browns regulary part with offensive skilled position contrbutors, Qb, TE, Rb, Wr,
and or the way the Browns are unique in the way they can chose any day of the CALANDAR YEAR! to pull off a move like this

unlike any other NFL team you might see. Whether it's Joe Haden, or Terelle Pryor, or the TE from 2015-2016, or Travis Benjamin, (you name it).

It does no good to sit here and Whine that Corey Coleman will score ABSOLUTE ZERO Td's for the Browns in 2018.

Exit Stage right >>.
Posted By: Swish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/06/18 11:48 PM
Posted By: bringbackbernie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:34 AM
Just not too familiar with his NFL career.

Then why make a statement stating he can’t block?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:45 AM
There was more to him leaving than just not getting it done. We have scrubs on the team that are worse than him. Now had they got to cuts and traded him I would understand this more as a talent cut/trade. Hard to believe we could even get a sixth rounder. 7th round conditional? wth?
Posted By: TONY Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:14 AM
Could it be that they want Dez? What a shocker! Coleman for a 7th rd pick in 2020. Doesn't make sense!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:36 AM
Originally Posted By: TONY
Could it be that they want Dez? What a shocker! Coleman for a 7th rd pick in 2020. Doesn't make sense!

Same as cutting him unless we land the next brady-esque late rounder with that pick.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:57 AM
Quote:
There was more to him leaving than just not getting it done. We have scrubs on the team that are worse than him.

first round pick vs scrubs...who wins when a first rounder cant catch that one in the Steelers game last season.I cant see anything more to it.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:58 AM
Ok.
Posted By: Knight Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 02:34 AM
Not suprised by the Coleman trade, the guy is like the Justin Gilbert of the offense. In the clutch moment he always chokes. The drop that hit him right in the chest last year against the steelers to seal our 0-16 was it for me, any average NFL receiver makes that catch. No excuse..
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 02:46 AM
I think Coleman has a worse rep than he deserves. I hope he is successful in Buffalo. Definitely not the best situation there however...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 03:28 AM
I think Coleman has a worse rep than he deserves. I hope he is successful in Buffalo. Definitely not the best situation there however...

What more evidence do you need to get traded for a 7th, being a first? He's earned his reputation and quite clearly the front office would agree literally accepting anything to move on.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 03:32 AM
j/c

Per Ben Allbright, apparently Coleman has quite the night life spending thousands a night on strippers and partying. Browns didn't want him to influence the young receivers especially antonio callaway.

Probably a smart move and hence the reason to unload him for whatever they could get.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 04:09 AM
Like I said yesterday, we upgraded our WR room.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 04:46 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Same as cutting him unless we land the next brady-esque late rounder with that pick.

It was a salary dump. We saved a bunch of money by trading him instead of cutting him.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 04:51 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

It was a salary dump. We saved a bunch of money by trading him instead of cutting him.

It was also a deadweight dump.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 08:16 AM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
j/c

Per Ben Allbright, apparently Coleman has quite the night life spending thousands a night on strippers and partying. Browns didn't want him to influence the young receivers especially antonio callaway.

Probably a smart move and hence the reason to unload him for whatever they could get.
I read a few places that Kenny Britt ruined him in this regard. Remember when they missed curfew
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:44 PM
j/c

If this is the case ... yes, a smart move.

Obviously not a lot of interest in him around the league, if the best offer was a 2020 7th round pick. Says a lot.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:47 PM
... Coleman has quite the night life spending thousands a night on strippers and partying.

This song came to mind. Quite appropriate I believe...
https://youtu.be/pu2NzXb4x1s
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:48 PM
Just curious bro ...

When your ass itches what do u do? ...

I scratch mine ....

The browns just scratched theres ... wink ....
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 12:58 PM
j/c

First I've heard this, I'd love to read something substantial on it.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:31 PM
j/c

I think CC the player may be viewed as more-valuable (maybe a 4th-5th at this point) than a conditional 7th pick - a pick that won't be made for a year and a half. But...eating that rookie contract PLUS his off the field issues ALONG with his injuries....equals a conditional 7th Rd pick to be made in 18 months.

Moving on.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:33 PM
He's at camp, I just saw him walking around their facility in a jersey.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:34 PM
I did some digging and was able to find that yes, it is known around the league that Coleman loves strip clubs and prostitutes. I personally don't like Benjamin Albright when it comes to evaluations but he is well connected.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:35 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
j/c

First I've heard this, I'd love to read something substantial on it.

I'd rather see pictures.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:43 PM
This is kinda what I was thinking about a few pages back, wondering if this in any way relates to Josh Gordon leaving the team. I don't know how close he was to Coleman but maybe there was cause for concern there. I guess we will see if JG returns to the team right away.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:45 PM
It could be a lot of things. In the end I ask myself if we are going to miss the guy?

I think not.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 01:54 PM
This is kinda what I was thinking about a few pages back, wondering if this in any way relates to Josh Gordon leaving the team. I don't know how close he was to Coleman but maybe there was cause for concern there. I guess we will see if JG returns to the team right away.

Albright who I do think is a hack evaluator, but a decent NFL news guy says on his podcast that he thinks letting Coleman walk had a lot to do with Calloway and Gordon. Take it for what it's worth.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG

Albright who I do think is a hack evaluator, but a decent NFL news guy says on his podcast that he thinks letting Coleman walk had a lot to do with Calloway and Gordon. Take it for what it's worth.

This would make some sense. Gordon is far more talented, Calloway is a new regime pick, and Coleman isn't.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 03:34 PM
Im laughing at the apologists that acted like Colemans issues were all directed to Kizer for his lack of production.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 06:09 PM
j/c

Well this changes the dynamic a quite a bit...

I didn't know about that.

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 06:35 PM
Adam Schefter
‏
Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Despite pondering his options, WR Corey Coleman reported to the Bills, passed his physical and the trade is now complete: Coleman for Buffalo’s 7th-round pick in 2020.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:03 PM
A 2020 7th...? Wow.

Honestly, at what point does it become more cost effective to just cut the guy? Whatever the reason, salacious or not, they wanted Coleman gone yesterday.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Honestly, at what point does it become more cost effective to just cut the guy?

It is literally cheaper to trade him than cut him. The pick is there because they had to give us something back. We did the same thing with Justin Gilbert and Cam Erving.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:05 PM
By trading him, they saved the final guaranteed 2 years of his salary.
Posted By: hitt Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:23 PM
Hope the reboot pans out....I wanted Wentz bad, but our current HC didn't want him...or the leadership wanted picks instead of Wentz.....water under the bridge. CC, when he talked to media about his situation in Cleveland- seemed way off, nervous, hesitant, NOT in command of situation...seemed like he only had one oar in water. Makes me wonder if his only attribute was speed- doesn't have mind or want to to get it done in NFL....hope our WR draft picks this year pan out.....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:50 PM
They also cut out WR depth by 2 now because of callaway....smh
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 07:51 PM
j/c

AC busted for weed. . . . . I don't think Coleman was the problem.

Well this changes the dynamic a quite a bit...

I didn't know about that.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

He wasn't going to make the team, even if we were down to 1 WR. There was something that caused the team to just give him away.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 08:20 PM

He wasn't going to make the team, even if we were down to 1 WR. There was something that caused the team to just give him away.
Callaway made them trade him. lol.

Corey like to party, and they wanted to keep him away from Callaway. That worked out greeaaattttttttt.

Corey likes strip clubs. Callaway likes drugs and credit card fraud. One is legal, the others are not. Guess which one our brain trust got rid of. . . . .
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 08:50 PM

Callaway made them trade him. lol.

Corey like to party, and they wanted to keep him away from Callaway. That worked out greeaaattttttttt.

Corey likes strip clubs. Callaway likes drugs and credit card fraud. One is legal, the others are not. Guess which one our brain trust got rid of. . . . .

Not surprising. The precedent has been set. Every player on this team knows that they can screw up more times than one can count and the team will "welcome him back with open arms" It's the Josh Gordon principle. The more he screws up, the more times he isn't here for the team, the more the staff and fans love him. Of course, Callaway was going to get busted. Everyone told him it was perfectly acceptable to do so... They are STILL telling him that.

What is sad is we actually have a WR that shows up every day and busts his but to become the best player he can for us. Landry should be the example. HE should be the one this team and fanbase embrace as the exemplar to follow!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 09:14 PM
I've said from the beginning he is our #1 WR. There were reasons for that.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 11:15 PM

Not surprising. The precedent has been set. Every player on this team knows that they can screw up more times than one can count and the team will "welcome him back with open arms" It's the Josh Gordon principle. The more he screws up, the more times he isn't here for the team, the more the staff and fans love him. Of course, Callaway was going to get busted. Everyone told him it was perfectly acceptable to do so... They are STILL telling him that.

But no....... Because we cut guys for acting up all the time.

The one guy we won't let go of is a ridiculously talented player on a rookie contract who put up the best receiving yards this team has ever had since coming back in like 12 or 14 games with Brandon Weeden throwing to him.

I have a hard time the players don't recognize that there's a difference between them and Josh Gordon.

Josh has been on this team longer than any other player (and still on a rookie deal). I think they can recognize that Josh is different
Posted By: mike3LT Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/07/18 11:21 PM
j/c

I'm a little late to this thread for a follow-up to my initial thoughts but here goes. When I learned that our compensation was a 2020 7th (lol) I began to lean further towards being against it. Others have posted that there is more to the story and that we did save a lot of money with the trade, but unless there was a serious problem I wouldn't have given up on him at this juncture. He's young and we had him on an affordable contract for 2-3 years. I did not think he was on Erving or Gilbert's level of awfulness.

He might do well in Buffalo, time will tell. And if he does, it still doesn't necessarily mean we were wrong - some players need a change of scenery. But especially with the Callaway news, this seems like a worse and worse move. I don't particularly want to see Higgins on the field again and we are now two steps closer to that reality.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 12:54 AM
so he was contemplating not reporting?
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 02:06 AM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

But no....... Because we cut guys for acting up all the time.

The one guy we won't let go of is a ridiculously talented player on a rookie contract who put up the best receiving yards this team has ever had since coming back in like 12 or 14 games with Brandon Weeden throwing to him.

I have a hard time the players don't recognize that there's a difference between them and Josh Gordon.

Josh has been on this team longer than any other player (and still on a rookie deal). I think they can recognize that Josh is different

I guess that depends on your definition of being on the team. He's been suspended far more than he's been active. He had ONE good season. Period. He was suspended for part of that season as well. So what you are saying is he's above ALL other players. He can do no wrong. How do you know Callaway isn't just as good? We should let him do whatever he wants too. He can get suspended multiple times and we should treat him the same... LET him. As long as a player has talent, in your words, he can do whatever he wants.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 03:05 AM
Correct!
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 03:08 AM
I guess that depends on your definition of being on the team. He's been suspended far more than he's been active. He had ONE good season. Period. He was suspended for part of that season as well. So what you are saying is he's above ALL other players. He can do no wrong. How do you know Callaway isn't just as good? We should let him do whatever he wants too. He can get suspended multiple times and we should treat him the same... LET him. As long as a player has talent, in your words, he can do whatever he wants.

My point is, that we're better with Josh than without him.

I don't want to extend the guy's contract or anything like that.

But I view him as a number 4/5 option. Being that, he's worth keeping around.

There's a difference between Coleman and Gordon. If Coleman can't see that, he's an idiot.

I'd think Manziel, Gilbert, Kenny Britt would have been a good example to Coleman that if you don't meet expectations, you're just not going to be around. Especially when you're making what a 1st round pick makes.

EDIT: The same goes for Callaway that goes with Coleman
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 03:09 AM
I guess we now know the real reason Coleman was traded. Landry said, "Get that weak $#!% outta here. It's contagious. Bless 'em."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 08:14 AM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I guess we now know the real reason Coleman was traded. Landry said, "Get that weak $#!% outta here. It's contagious. Bless 'em."
yep, Coleman was a cancer IMO
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 10:26 AM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

My point is, that we're better with Josh than without him.

I don't want to extend the guy's contract or anything like that.

But I view him as a number 4/5 option. Being that, he's worth keeping around.

There's a difference between Coleman and Gordon. If Coleman can't see that, he's an idiot.

I'd think Manziel, Gilbert, Kenny Britt would have been a good example to Coleman that if you don't meet expectations, you're just not going to be around. Especially when you're making what a 1st round pick makes.

EDIT: The same goes for Callaway that goes with Coleman

And how are we better with Gordon?

I clearly remember a competitive team being derailed because Gordon returned to the team, and a viable QB (Hoyer) being forced to feed the ball to a guy that didn't even try..

How is the team better with a guy that never played or practiced before without being high....

If Coleman was traded because he was a bad influence, what the heck is Gordon still doing with the team.

Its not like we are playoff bound, Browns are a 1-31 team... you can't build a team around players like Gordon, just cutt him and move forward.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

And how are we better with Gordon?

I clearly remember a competitive team being derailed because Gordon returned to the team, and a viable QB (Hoyer) being forced to feed the ball to a guy that didn't even try..

How is the team better with a guy that never played or practiced before without being high....

If Coleman was traded because he was a bad influence, what the heck is Gordon still doing with the team.

Its not like we are playoff bound, Browns are a 1-31 team... you can't build a team around players like Gordon, just cutt him and move forward.

I'm not the one who force fed him the ball. That was Hoyer/Shannahan

And the biggest problem we had that year was lack of depth at Center after Mack went down against Cincy.

Hoyer might have been forcing the ball because the interior rush opposing teams were generating was disastrous

I've said over and over. Plan not to have Gordon, and when you do it's like a cherry on top. Just how i see it.

And also remember that Coleman was a bad influence whom we got rid of while saving 3.5 million dollars over two years. Gordon is 780k over this year, with an option to RFA tag him next year
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 01:07 PM
It's not even worth arguing whether or not we are better w/Gordon. Of course we are. To say otherwise is nonsensical.

I'm hoping he gets back here very soon. I was encouraged that he is texting w/Hue and the love/respect he seemingly has for his coach. That's a good sign.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 01:28 PM
It's not even worth arguing whether or not we are better w/Gordon. Of course we are. To say otherwise is nonsensical.

I'm hoping he gets back here very soon. I was encouraged that he is texting w/Hue and the love/respect he seemingly has for his coach. That's a good sign.

100% agree

That was my favorite part of the show lastnight

With the past week with trading Coleman (whom I didn't know was such an issue) and now the Callaway mess and then Njoku's struggles, we needed good Josh Gordon news

This isn't a guy i like to count on, but we found ourselves in this situation again I guess.

Josh Gordon could come back to camp and be a hero. And i'd have no problem with it at all.

Jarvis and Josh give us a formidable duo. No matter what's going on with Njoku, Callaway, and Coleman (being gone).
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 01:58 PM
Here's how I see it.

Coleman - The guy had trouble catching, running routes, was small and oft-injured. Still had potential to turn it around, but it likes he was a Grade A Jerk. His off-field conduct was the final nail, not the whole reason for essentially releasing him.

Calloway - Good grief... Still, it was a 4th round pick. We've flushed more valuable draft capital down the drain more spectacularly than this. High risk - high reward doesn't always pan out, but let's still see how this issue resolves over the course of TC. I'm not throwing in the towel on him yet, but it's impossible to not let the years-long Gordon saga color the Calloway situation. I understand but disagree with people who want to cut bait.

Gordon - The hilarious part about this latest Gordon wrinkle is that handling this time is no different than last time. Yes, we're being more accommodating than we should, but at the end of the day, Gordon is not hurting anybody except himself, just like the entirety of his career (still on his rookie contract). Keeping him on the roster does not hurt us.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/08/18 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Here's how I see it.

Coleman - The guy had trouble catching, running routes, was small and oft-injured. Still had potential to turn it around, but it likes he was a Grade A Jerk. His off-field conduct was the final nail, not the whole reason for essentially releasing him.

Mary Kay and Dan Labbe had a podcast lastnight and one thing they brought up was that he needed speed to get open. He doesn't make the incredible cuts that someone like Jarvis Landry makes. And they said that he seems to not have that top end speed anymore. Possibly all the soft tissue injuries.

That and they think that he wasn't a good match for Haley. They were clashing. I think Haley was upset about his effort. And they thought maybe Haley and the coaches went to Dorsey and said, "we've had enough of this guy".

That's all from the most recent Mary Kay/Dan Labbe Podcast

Quote:
Calloway - Good grief... Still, it was a 4th round pick. We've flushed more valuable draft capital down the drain more spectacularly than this. High risk - high reward doesn't always pan out, but let's still see how this issue resolves over the course of TC. I'm not throwing in the towel on him yet, but it's impossible to not let the years-long Gordon saga color the Calloway situation. I understand but disagree with people who want to cut bait.

The biggest thing i want to see with this is whether he fails a drug test or not (because i'm sure the NFL is testing him right away. And how the NFL reacts to driving with a suspended license. Basically, how dumb is this dude (and in all fairness, kids can be pretty dumb)

Quote:
Gordon - The hilarious part about this latest Gordon wrinkle is that handling this time is no different than last time. Yes, we're being more accommodating than we should, but at the end of the day, Gordon is not hurting anybody except himself, just like the entirety of his career (still on his rookie contract). Keeping him on the roster does not hurt us.

I dunno. The Hardknocks Episode made me feel much better about Gordon. I think he'll be back, all-right, and not suspended
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 03:49 PM

Many of the experts had Coleman as the #1 WR of that year.

Scary for me and I did voice it from the get go.

That was probably one of the worst. We had Analytics...how the heck did it come up with us taking 4 FOUR!!! WRs in probably the worst WR class in a decade??? FOUR!?!? and the only one making it is the LAST one we took Higgins. Probably the only one we should have take in that class would be a flier on a 5th rounder. How could we invest so much in a WEAKNESS of the draft. I of course as a Homer backed all our picks and the guys making them. But personally this scared the crap out of me and it sort of leaked out over posts. It just for me was one of the stupidest draft moves. I'm a firm believer in Strength and weaknesses of a draft class. So we go and take FOUR!!! in the weakest. Just mind boggling for me.

jmho
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 03:56 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

This is absolutely correct. Pro Football Focus was one of the 'experts' who had Coleman the #1 WR coming out and it wasn't close. . . . I don't remember seeing Coleman out of the top 3 or 4 WR's in that class.

We tend to reinvent history based on 20-20 hindsight and it does bug the crap out of me when posters do that. Another popular reinvention of history is that Wentz was a clear cut choice at #1 .... I reckon there were perhaps 6-10 posters who wanted Wentz with the first pick we had that year. An equal number or more wanted Goff - and an equal number or more wanted no part of Wentz or Goff that high in the draft. People post today as if Wentz was a lock like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck ... nothing could be further from the truth.
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 04:08 PM
yeah me and Bonefish I think were the two biggest fans of Wentz...lol laugh

I know posters seem to reinvent history. My pet peeve was the WR class was terrible and our brain trust decided on investing FOUR picks in the class crazy rolleyes banghead

lol
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 06:30 PM
Yeah ... between signing Kenny Britt and the WR drafting, Sashi and Co did not have the WR position dialed in !

I think from memory Higgins came from that draft class? And it is *sounding* as if he may have turned the corner and might be a contributor this year. That or he's another training camp flash in the pan.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 06:44 PM
And before Sashi we had Ray Farmer who held the opinion that WRs can be found anywhere and everywhere, but he could not find one. So we had two back-to-back regimes who failed to effectively address WR. Tom Heckert (RIP) found Josh Gordon and Dorsey brought in Landry. Between those two, nothing.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 06:45 PM
I knew I liked Wentz best so I did a quick user search and found this:

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...ike#Post1103986

Not a bad top 3! And had Coleman as my third best receiver and would of waited till the second to get him. Would of probably had either Derrick Henry or Michael Thomas instead.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 06:47 PM
You know, I think I had managed to expunge 'Ray Farmer' from my memory banks completely. I had a sharp stabbing pain in my abdomen reading his name just then.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Not a bad top 3! And had Coleman as my third best receiver and would of waited till the second to get him. Would of probably had either Derrick Henry or Michael Thomas instead.

You nailed it. Looking at that thread there wasn't another poster who flat our said Wentz as the guy. A lot (like myself) had Jalen Ramsay/Bosa. . . and then there was Laquan Treadwell ... man how he has been a disappointment.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:06 PM
This is still the most accurate prediction from that year:

Originally Posted By: DIEHARD

My Browns big board:

Round 1 - Someone who might start by game 5 but will be a disappointment to all players/fans by 2018 and be released early 2019.

Round 2 - A so-so lineman who could've been taken in the 6th round.

Round 3 - A small school prospect that never pans out.

Round 4 - Leftovers at some position we should've drafted in the 2nd round. Probably a small WR with 4.9 speed.

Round 5 - A kicker. Arguable, the best pick in the draft.

Round 6 - A QB who is just good enough to get people talking about him in camp, who will eventually get to play by week 14 and then get injured during a skiing trip in January.

Round 7 - Backup fullback.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:10 PM
Yeah, I saw that too rofl

He was off by a year on the Round 1 prediction though. grin
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
This is still the most accurate prediction from that year:

Originally Posted By: DIEHARD

My Browns big board:

Round 1 - Someone who might start by game 5 but will be a disappointment to all players/fans by 2018 and be released early 2019.

Round 2 - A so-so lineman who could've been taken in the 6th round.

Round 3 - A small school prospect that never pans out.

Round 4 - Leftovers at some position we should've drafted in the 2nd round. Probably a small WR with 4.9 speed.

Round 5 - A kicker. Arguable, the best pick in the draft.

Round 6 - A QB who is just good enough to get people talking about him in camp, who will eventually get to play by week 14 and then get injured during a skiing trip in January.

Round 7 - Backup fullback.

That’s a product of trading high draft picks and moving down for lessor talent. We’re still feeling the aftermath of those years for sure.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
And before Sashi we had Ray Farmer who held the opinion that WRs can be found anywhere and everywhere, but he could not find one. So we had two back-to-back regimes who failed to effectively address WR. Tom Heckert (RIP) found Josh Gordon and Dorsey brought in Landry. Between those two, nothing.

We've basically whiffed on wide receivers besides Braylon Edwards and Travis Benjamin (and Josh Gordon, depending on how you feel about him).

http://pfref.com/tiny/dK559

Side note: Greg Little is in training camp for the Cardinals and it looks like he's going to make the team.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:27 PM
We should probably stop using this guy as our Director of Wide Receiver Scouting:

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 07:56 PM

We've basically whiffed on wide receivers besides Braylon Edwards and Travis Benjamin (and Josh Gordon, depending on how you feel about him).

I don't think having whiffed on Josh Gordon is a matter of feelings at all. It's about his availability and productivity. To this point in time the Gordon pick has been a swing sand a miss.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 08:02 PM
I almost feel bad for them.
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 08:18 PM

Went down a wormhole from your post. Found this thread on Michael Thomas.....it's amazing that I was so right on Thomas and SO SO SO wrong on Wentz (different thread I called him a 2nd day project ugh).....

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...ate#Post1073804
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 10:20 PM

Daryl Ruiter
‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN
21s21 seconds ago

#Browns couldn't get Corey Coleman off the field and out of the building fast enough. Not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Ultimate addition by subtraction.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 10:49 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

This is absolutely correct. Pro Football Focus was one of the 'experts' who had Coleman the #1 WR coming out and it wasn't close. . . . I don't remember seeing Coleman out of the top 3 or 4 WR's in that class.

We tend to reinvent history based on 20-20 hindsight and it does bug the crap out of me when posters do that. Another popular reinvention of history is that Wentz was a clear cut choice at #1 .... I reckon there were perhaps 6-10 posters who wanted Wentz with the first pick we had that year. An equal number or more wanted Goff - and an equal number or more wanted no part of Wentz or Goff that high in the draft. People post today as if Wentz was a lock like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck ... nothing could be further from the truth.

I am not trying to give you a hard time, but I think you have some of this right and some of it wrong. I have an excellent memory and while there were a lot of people changing their minds [as is always the case] some of the things you are saying are incorrect.

And I am not tooting my own horn, because I said that Coleman would be the first WR taken and that I would not draft Wentz at number 2.

I was wrong......but, I don't like when people reinvent history, either.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I am not trying to give you a hard time, but I think you have some of this right and some of it wrong. I have an excellent memory and while there were a lot of people changing their minds [as is always the case] some of the things you are saying are incorrect.

And I am not tooting my own horn, because I said that Coleman would be the first WR taken and that I would not draft Wentz at number 2.

I was wrong......but, I don't like when people reinvent history, either.

Hey - no problem disagreeing.

But what do you disagree with?

Wentz was not considered by many to be a bonafide top 1 or 2 pick largely because of 2 years playing against no competition in the middle of no-where. That was on this board and it was equally split on all the draft 'expert' sites as well. . . . Now he definitely made a late run in popularity much like Allen did this year.... But that always happens with QB's ... by draft day plenty of people predicted his selection at #2 but that's not the same as scouting reports that raised issues about his level of competition and body of work.

I'm sure someone clever can dig up old threads to show what was actually being written by us.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/09/18 11:06 PM
I'll get back to you later, 888. I'm going to watch the game. Have it on pause right now.

And it's not a big deal anyway. Just a couple of little things.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 01:17 AM
No catches so far tonight for Coleman in his Bills debut. Anyone know if he is playing?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 01:22 AM
Callaway... nice!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 02:03 AM
didnt see how Coleman did. Maybe he was inactive
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 02:34 AM
Callaway is better than Corey.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 02:47 AM
I remember Sashi and the analetics dorks being praised up and down for their drafting of Coleman
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 05:22 AM

!
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 05:23 AM
I remember Sashi and the analetics dorks being praised up and down for their drafting of Coleman

I still remember wanting Treadwell that draft lol yikes
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 05:40 AM

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...man#Post1108305
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 06:00 AM
i thought treadwell was gonna be good..boy he is struggling as a Viking
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 08:19 AM
i thought treadwell was gonna be good..boy he is struggling as a Viking
His lack of speed hurts him I believe
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 08:56 AM
Higgins was our Last pick of the four...and is the only keeper and he came from a small program I think.
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 09:07 AM
Note: after the draft I love all our picks...just the way I roll...lol laugh

Got to look at what I say pre draft wink

I never say draft a WR...well I did one time and the guy is out of football cause he's a drug addict. But we drafted Trent instead...lol laugh

Don't know about archives. But I was in love with Wentz and stated it so. Bonefish was bonkers for him, I don't remember others Excel good to see you were onto Wentz also.

I know Vers remembers me pimping Wentz cause he stated so after it became obvious he was the real deal. One thing I like about Vers.

But we got our guy now. Nice to see accuracy for a change.

Got to catch some sleep as tomorrow might be my last golf in a while. Start Radiation and Chemo on Monday...man Chemo pills cost $10K...yikes. good thing I got decent Insurance. But man I feel sorry for those who cannot afford it. Thinking of starting a charity that will buy the pills for the unfortunate rather than let them die.

smh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 10:29 AM
Higgins was our Last pick of the four...and is the only keeper and he came from a small program I think.
Higgins looks MUCH imporoved. I was encouraged.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 12:25 PM
We should probably stop using this guy as our Director of Wide Receiver Scouting:

No mas. No mas

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 12:31 PM
Prayers and fingers crossed, Eo. Take the fight with you. Mayfield showed last night; I feel better about us this morning.

Hang tough!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 02:55 PM
I wanted Wentz too, but I got huge eyeballs from the so called haul we wound up with for the pick. crazy
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 10:29 PM
John Dorsey on if knowing about Antonio Callaway's incident earlier would have changed his mind about trading Corey Coleman:

https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/1027677354917801989
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
John Dorsey on if knowing about Antonio Callaway's incident earlier would have changed his mind about trading Corey Coleman:

in other words we thought Corey sucked on and off the field ... and we think Higgins/Callaway are better
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/10/18 10:40 PM
I too wanted Wentz but I was ok with the trade. I saw good in both and my biggest concern with Wentz was injuries. And although some of the picks haven't panned out im still ok with the trade because I think mayfield is the real deal.

I also don't think Coleman is a bust. New regimes trade players all the time. Coleman wouldn't have been traded if the old regime leader was still here. I believe Dorsey felt it was best for both if we parted ways. I hope Coleman plays well although I feel bad he went from Kizer to Allen.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/11/18 01:39 AM

Wow! That's pretty strong!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/11/18 02:01 AM

Sure is... he let his actions clearly speak when you take a first rounder and accept a seventh in return, but them public words are indeed strong.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/12/18 12:43 PM
Buffalo Bills' Corey Coleman speaks to media for first time since trade

Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/12/18 12:50 PM
Saw the first half of the tape...looked like he was avoiding any part of throwing us under the bus.

Oh and that guy in the Plaid short sleeve shirt was getting on my nerves...I wanted to kick him in the shins if I was there...lol laugh
Posted By: BpG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/13/18 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Sure is... he let his actions clearly speak when you take a first rounder and accept a seventh in return, but them public words are indeed strong.

He's not wrong, Corey had 3 off seasons.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/13/18 09:20 PM
I didn't say he was wrong, just agreed the words were strong.

I myself predicted Corey would get axed before the season started. Happy we got a 7th.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 03:07 AM
Corey Coleman asks Hue Jackson upon demotion: 'Why don't you just trade me?'

Updated 10:48 PM; Posted 10:28 PM

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/corey_coleman_asks_to_be_trade.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Corey Coleman asked Hue Jackson to trade him after he lost his starting job in practice to Antonio Callaway last last week.

"Why am I running second team?'' Coleman asks Jackson in his office in a scene on the second episode of HBO's Hard Knocks Tuesday night. "That [censored]'s crazy.''

Jackson answers, "Go ask (offensive coordinator) Todd Haley.''

Coleman says, "If y'all don't like the way I play, why don't you just trade me.''

The Browns did just that, shipping the 2016 No. 15 overall pick to the Bills for a 2020 seventh-round pick and a bag of peanuts.

Even Emmanuel Ogbah observes in a defensive line meeting the next day, "that's like saying 'here.'''

The gripping scene opened with NFL Films cameras at Coleman's apartment the day of the trade, scanning his 1,000 pairs of sneakers and the receiver explaining how he's giving some away to kids because he has so many. At the time, Hard Knocks had no idea Coleman would be traded just hours later.

It then cuts to Coleman struggling to make plays in practice, and Haley riding him like he often did for not giving enough effort and not fighting for contested ball.

Haley tells GM John Dorsey on the way inside, "it looks like he's running five miles an hour.''

The day before the trade, Coleman was demoted to second-team in practice behind Callaway, and looked miffed on the sidelines.

Jackson said after practice that Coleman was suffering from a little bit of a hamstring injury that day, but it was actually that he had lost his job and would soon be on his way out.

When the trade goes down, Coleman drives out the players' lot in Berea and yells, "Adios, Cleveland."

He'll be back at FirstEnergy Stadium on Friday night for the second preseason game as a member of the Bills.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 03:32 AM
Adios, Corey.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 04:10 AM
Corey came across as dumber than a box of rocks. He was a poor draft choice by a poor draft evaluator. Thank God we have real football people in the building now.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 07:52 AM
wish granted
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 09:47 AM
Quote:
He was a poor draft choice by a poor draft evaluator.

And yet that draft evaluator is still here.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 11:21 AM
Just clickin'

Wonder if it sank in that no one else in the league valued him higher than a 7th round pick, two years down the road? I mean, if we had a better offer, we would have taken it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 11:21 AM
Quote:

This point is continuously lost on people.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 11:28 AM
Yeah, I was surprised when they kept Andrew Berry. I thought he would go along with Sashi.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 12:13 PM
j/c:

It was pretty obvious during last night's Hard Knocks episode that Haley was really down on Coleman. He was getting on him for his routes and hands. A lot. At one point he said something about "it's the same thing every day."

It seems like Coleman played his way off of the Browns.
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 12:20 PM
Thats called "ENTITLEMENT" and more proof was the comment about running with the 2nd teamers instead of fighting for his job. all he had was entitlement...good bye and good riddence.

Also thank you for the No nonsense coaches like Haley and Williams. Haley also rode Njoku and made him hit the Jug machine to catch 30 before going in. He responded instead of feeling entitled to play...result: Two Touchdown Catches!

jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 12:24 PM
I was encouraged by what we saw of Njoku last night. He had a ton of drops in practice and the players and coaches were needling him about it, but he handled it well.

The dude is really a physical specimen and he came across well in that episode. I even liked how he is trying yoga to help w/his concentration and state of mind.

On the other hand, Coleman sounded like a whiny, little, b....
Posted By: eotab Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 12:30 PM
lol grin

What I didn't like was once the Coaches gave a speech of some sort the team didn't react with much enthusiasm no rah rah reactions...I guess that is how NFL players are I guess its ok as long as they are excited and amp up for the games.

Not use to that. because of my heart Meds, I'd be screaming inside but talked very relaxed to my young men. Every now and then I would lose it and do the spit flying yelling and my good players would mostly react with - Thank you Coach, I love that! lol hey, they pay to play
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 12:50 PM
How will Corey respond to this challenge?

He is really way behind now - months behind - traded into a whole new offense, new players, new playbook, new everything.

Will the shock of getting traded lead Corey to changing his mindset, getting serious, and really grinding? Or will he be the same old diva Corey?

I think he'll choose to remain a diva, but it would be cool if he chooses otherwise and has a respectable NFL career.

The more I see of these flake, diva, butthead Browns receivers, the more I love the greatness of Jerry Rice.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 01:31 PM
Quote:

As is the part where the guys in that new FO had just come together and had like 14 days (exaggeration) to prepare for that Draft and were really just winging it.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 01:42 PM
The most surprising angle, for me, regarding the Coleman trade is not the whole performance part of why he was traded, or the injury part, but I think a significant portion has to do with attitude, and this is something he was supposed to have in spades. He was supposed to be the second coming of Steve Smith, and not only because of the height and measurables, but also because of the attitude. This was something that helped me to get onboard with the pick a little bit. He (allegedly) had the attitude to eventually lead a struggling WR group.

Or not... (shrugs shoulders)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 02:09 PM
Coleman's attitude was apparent last night: talking back to coaches, really aloof and/or dumb, unwilling to work harder, and immature/entitled.

He gone.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Just clickin'

Wonder if it sank in that no one else in the league valued him higher than a 7th round pick, two years down the road? I mean, if we had a better offer, we would have taken it.

Yeah, ogbah said it best regarding it and Corey's value perceived by the staff taking literally whatever was clearly offered.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Just clickin'

Yeah, ogbah said it best regarding it and Corey's value perceived by the staff taking literally whatever was clearly offered.
Yeah Ogbah's like "that's a kick in the face" basically
Posted By: bonefish Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 03:36 PM

'Don't let the door hit you in the ass Coleman."

The worst thing in the world is talent with zero motivation.

Good riddance.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 03:42 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

'Don't let the door hit you in the ass Coleman."

The worst thing in the world is talent with zero motivation.

Good riddance.

Agreed. That Hard Knocks Episode was enough. Some people get angry and work to prove why the decision made was wrong. Corey got angry and asked to go somewhere else. We don't need that kind of guy on our team

Adios Corey.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Corey Coleman Traded to Bills - 08/15/18 04:06 PM
Quote:

It's actually the people who say it that are continually lost.
© DawgTalkers.net