Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
the Browns cant afford to swing and miss on 1st rd draft picks. that puts more pressure on current high picks to develop at a a accelerated pace.
you saw the list going back to Tom.Heckert.
no 1st rd pick lasted more than 3 years.
your 4 and 44 for a reason.
Farmer and Brown are the worst back to back.draft pick hires in history. theres no arguing that.
how many difference makers did Sashi draft?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Alright............I want to keep this on the right track and not let guys like keith derail it w/the BS!

I think there are a lot of similarities between Maclin and Landry, too.

I was on record as saying that Landry was my number one target when I thought he might be available in FA.

I'm on record as saying he is our most important addition this year.

I am on record as saying that I really like Maclin as a WR.

I will say that those two guys have similar skill sets. Both have great hands. Both are in my top ten "hands guys" in the entire league. Both run great routes. Both guys are good team guys who work hard.

So, let me ask you this: Do you think having two guys w/such similar traits is a good thing or not such a good thing?

Consider:

--Would it be less productive to have two guys that are so similar? Would it be better to have two guys w/dissimilar skill attributes?

--What about Edelman and Amandola in NE the last couple of years. Was that a negative or a positive?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Landry, Gordon, Higgins, Callaway, Ratley. That's five right there"

That should read Landry, Higgins, Callaway, and Ratley. That's four right there. If you are counting on meat he's probably going to let you down. Until he is here he's not part of the picture and even if he does come back at some point he doesn't know the offense and he has zero chemistry with any of our quarterbacks. Why would anyone think he can just walk in the building before the Steelers game and suit up ready to kick but? If and when he does show up I hope they sit him on the bench until he HAS practiced with the team for a number of weeks. Don't just sit the guys that have been in camp and busted ass working for a guy that couldn't be bothered to show up...

Also, does it bother anyone that NO ONE has talked to him? Every time Dorsey or Coach or any of the players were asked if they had talked to him, to a man they all said no. They say he will be back... sometime. But no one has talked to him. Weird!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The last few sentences of your post read like a Donald Trump tweet, lol.

There was an article posted in the Gordon thread which mentioned that Higgins had been texting him. The most recent news ( if you can call it news) has been slightly positive. Gordon working out, Dorsey saying he will be here and Higgins saying they were texting.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Alright............I want to keep this on the right track and not let guys like keith derail it w/the BS!

I think there are a lot of similarities between Maclin and Landry, too.

I was on record as saying that Landry was my number one target when I thought he might be available in FA.

I'm on record as saying he is our most important addition this year.

I am on record as saying that I really like Maclin as a WR.

I will say that those two guys have similar skill sets. Both have great hands. Both are in my top ten "hands guys" in the entire league. Both run great routes. Both guys are good team guys who work hard.

So, let me ask you this: Do you think having two guys w/such similar traits is a good thing or not such a good thing?

Consider:

--Would it be less productive to have two guys that are so similar? Would it be better to have two guys w/dissimilar skill attributes?

--What about Edelman and Amandola in NE the last couple of years. Was that a negative or a positive?

The guys on the NFL network were making the same point about Dez. Possession receiver, similar to Landry, not a good fit... Hell man, with the way our team has played the last 30 years I'd take five "hands" guy/possession receivers. smile Sign Maclin AND Dez. At least we would know we wouldn't lead the league in dropped passes. smile Next year draft a true #1 WR to go along with Landry and we are good to go for a while. Either that or trade for one now if possible.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
"Also, does it bother anyone that NO ONE has talked to him? Every time Dorsey or Coach or any of the players were asked if they had talked to him, to a man they all said no. They say he will be back... sometime. But no one has talked to him. Weird!

They've spoken to him.

They're just hush-hush to media, that's all. They're not stupid. The second they make a statement, the media, the public, will all hold him to it.

I think they all just have their fingers collectively-crossed right now.

Just like all of us.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's very important to you that everyone agrees w/your position on Josh, no matter how illogical it is.

Dude has missed more games than he has played. There was no need to bring Trump into this argument.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
The last few sentences of your post reads like a Donald Trump tweet, lol.

There was an article posted in the Gordon thread which mentioned that Higgins had been texting him. The most recent news ( if you can call it news) has been slightly positive. Gordon working out, Dorsey saying he will be here and Higgins saying they were texting.

That hurts man. Comparing me to the orange orangutan. Yikes! I had not heard about Higgins texting him. I have seen many interviews where players and staff were asked and they all said they had not talked to him. I have the feeling(and that is all it is) that he will show up the week after they break camp. Had a nice summer off, didn't have to bust ass or face the Hard Knocks Cameras and then he'll show up when the money starts to flow... He won't miss any game checks.

Legend
Legend
Yet another wasted 1st round pick.

Just amazing.

I suspect that we will work Duke more at WR, and I also suspect that the team really does expect Gordon back soon.

I would guess that our WR depth chart will look something like this:

Landry
Gordon
Higgins
Duke
Callaway

Ratley, Board, Jackson, and Scott have all shown up at one point or another. The team liked Janis enough to sign him, but he had been hurt, so maybe they also like him.I remember the Steelers pulling receivers out of nowhere when Haley was there. Maybe we'll start doing that as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's what guys like Strife do. Every post of his on the JG topic is centered around blasting anyone who dares question Josh Gordon. He posts dumb ass videos that aren't relevant. He makes things up. He tries to control the narrative.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
as long as a WR can move the chains and catch the ball when his number is called it doesnt matter.
Ive seen offenses employ 3 different types of WRs and it works
the Redskins pulled it off with.Clark.Saunders and Monk.
the Chargers with Jefferson Joiner Chandler Winslow
the Browns just need to.bring in a solid bigger body WR
thats a real precise route runner and has strong hands to high point and bring it in.
the guy they should look at is Brandon LaFell or Justin Hunter of the Steelers.
Hunter has a ton of ability and radius.
hes not gonna get alot of reps in Pittsburgh

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's what guys like Strife do. Every post of his on the JG topic is centered around blasting anyone who dares question Josh Gordon. He posts dumb ass videos that aren't relevant. He makes things up. He tries to control the narrative.

Well, I'm just coming off a two week time out for my last argument with a meathead lover. Won't be making that mistake again for a while lol If they want to pin all of their hopes and dreams on meat, fine. When he rips their little hearts out they get what they deserve. There is a reason I dubbed him meathead and one of these days they will figure out why... on that day I shall *snicker* loudly smile Peace Vers. Hope your summer is going well.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Coleman another Baylor wr with maturity issues...Gordon Wright Coleman.
its a pattern

It turns out a lot of those Baylor kids had maturity issues...

Art Briles was their coach. The entire program was criminal. Is it any wonder?

And remember when guys like Grimm were defending bringing Art "Scumbag" Briles in here to help out? Ewwww..........

To be fair, he was never found guilty of any wrongdoings...

V
Legend
Legend
V
You let will get under your skin. I'm not one to talk, because Lord knows I have fallen victim to that crap so many times. LOL

Spirit, I don't trust Josh Gordon at all. Where we differ is that I really hope he turns it around and helps our team. I am not counting on it, but I haven't counted it out.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A

It's funny, so many are so happy to see Coleman go or blame him for the injuries, unwillingness to learn etc. Yet fawn all over meathead who isn't in camp, and has had ONE good season for the team. He's been suspended more games than he's played. But everyone loves him and would scream bloody murder if we traded him off or cut him. Weird.

Heh. Yeah, every time one points out that Josh Gordon has missed 54 out of the last 64 regular season Browns games and in the 10 games he did bother to show up he was apathetic, chubby, and didn't know the playbook or his route trees; the only reply the Josh Gordon Fanbois ever have is, "BZZZ!!!"

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone hearing anything about Janis? Don't remember hearing his name come up in camp. With Callaway, Higgins and Board stepping up, Coleman's "soft tissue" issue was his ticket out of town. Nice kid, but the best ability is availability.

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Having a tough time telling if this is a bash Corey Coleman thread or another bash Sashi thread.

I don't like this trade. I feel there's more here than we know. Coleman may not have been living up to his draft status but for WR-starved team he was certainly serviceable. And not a Laquon Treadwell-type bust, good thing none of us wanted him either, right. Maybe Coleman wasn't a good fit with Hue, who knows... But this seems like an odd trade. And poor Coleman going to, ironically, a place with a worse QB situation than ours. Good luck.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Janis was hurt at the beginning of camp for some time. I don't know if he is still out or not.

I dug pretty deep into a Packers forum when we signed him and some Packers fans were upset that they never utilized him. The consensus seemed to be that he was talented but had serious trouble running consistent routes and picking up Rodgers scheme.

I'd expect him to be a "special package" type guy if he makes the team. I don't think he will be an every down receiver.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Needed to be done....its business. Time to start winning around here.

How So? This is not a move that helps because Coery Coleman will not score any touchdowns for the Cleveland Browns this year, now.

This move doesn't help the Browns beat Pittsburgh or any of the other teams in the AFC north.

So? Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, (2017 opening day starters), will not score any for the Browns this year.
Ricardo Louis is out for the year, Sammie Coates is gone, Kasen Williams is gone, that's a lot of Wr's gone from last years group.

Even if in a diminished role, Corey Coleman was a force teams would have to deal with, a threat to score touchdowns.

The Browns are a less powerful team after this move.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Maybe Coleman wasn't a good fit with Hue, who knows...

Yep, that's it. rolleyes

Legend
Legend

Coleman catching passes from Josh Allen??

His hand should be broken in about 3... 2... 1...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Right? Josh Allen has trouble throwing the ball " in the window ", Zay Jones just wants to "jump out of the window." and Coleman can't catch it even when it's in the window .

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Right? Josh Allen has trouble throwing the ball " in the window ", Zay Jones just wants to "jump out of the window." and Coleman can't catch it even when it's in the window .

And Josh Gordon has no issues.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I never said anything of the sort.

Don't try to control the narrative.

Just deal with it Vers.

T
Legend
Legend
T
For a team that had Howard Bug on the roster for at least a 1/3rd of the 2017 season, And some mid season signing which name I can not ever seem to recall had major playing time last year,
they have no business trading away someone with the potential of Coleman at this point in the year.

But This is the case of not continuing to stick any thing out over time until a winning formula develops.

What would happen if a team couldn't stick with their number 1 Wr, and parted with all 3 of their Qb's, back to back to back years?

Well the Browns are here.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m not exactly sure why hoping and rooting for Josh to beat his addiction/anxiety stuff is a bad thing? ... whats wrong with that? ...

U guys act like cutting him would somehow help us and cure us of all our woes ....

U guys can talk til your blue in the face and crap on Josh all U want ... he’s certainly given u enough reason too .... your right ... he showed up out of shape, not knowing the play book, running lazy,wrong routes ... your 100% correct ... but u know what else is true ... he was still head and shoulders better than any reciever he’s ever lined up with ... and there’s not a team in the league that would have done a damm thing different than we have with Josh ... cutting him would be lain flat out stupid ...

U build your WR room as if he isn’t going to be there and then hope for the best ... man o man if he does come back and plays with his head on right .... skies the limit ... if he wasn’t the freak athelete he was he wouldn’t be here .... but hes a GAME CHANGER and i mean a GAME F’NG CHANGER!!!

He makes our 1/2 punch at reciever better than any in the league ... thats the kind of FREAK ATHELETIC SKILL he has and U and Spirit makes us sound like morons cause we HOPE he beats his addictions nd get his head right so were a MUCH BETTER O ...

And u guys say we shouldn’t count on him ... OK .. I get it ... ummmm .... fellas .. we went out and got Jarvis “ VICE GRIPS” Landry” ... we also rolled the dice and drafted Calloway a first rnd talent that fell to the 4th cause of off field issues ...

What else was Dorsey suppose to do fellas? ... seriously ... WHAT ELSE SHOULD HE HAVE DONE? ,.. WTF ... u guys may be being a BIT UNREASONABLE ... or maybe its just me .. rolleyes ...

And why the hell shouldnt we hope Josh comes back .... get off your high horses and ROOT FOR JOSH to help us be all that we can be ...

LETS GOOOOOOO .... thumbsup

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
But This is the case of not continuing to stick any thing out over time until a winning formula develops.

I agree with you. It's not exactly like he has been in the best situation the last couple of years.

Better to keep him on the team and see if he develops than to trade him for peanuts.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
These dudes want to cut Josh Gordon, but will be the first to curse out the Browns if he went to the Pats or GB.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Coleman was the 1st WR drafted that year.
his numbers in college hid his overall lack of knowledge of the route tree and desire to be great.
i said years ago with Coleman he has no drive to be great.
he had 3 years to show dedication and professionalism to the position.
it didnt help genius Sashi brought in a guy with a worse work ethic in Jenny Britt to.mentor Coleman.
everybody in the NFL is talented.
its the drive and ambition and preparation that sets guys apart.
Corey had none of the above.
Sashi Brown created a culture or sustained a culture of guys being handed jobs.
Dorsey is trying to change that.
if Sashi was around Corey would still be around
giving 75%.

V
Legend
Legend
V
These dudes want to cut Josh Gordon, but will be the first to curse out the Browns if he went to the Pats or GB.

I want to be very clear.

I do NOT want to cut Josh Gordon.

However, I think his issues are his own and not the fault of other people.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kinda feels like we're selling low.

I wonder if this was initiated by Dorsey or Hue. Hue seemed a little peeved with the most recent tweaked hammy.

Will he pass his physical?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
L
Legend
Legend
L

Well, I'm just coming off a two week time out for my last argument with a meathead lover. Won't be making that mistake again for a while lol If they want to pin all of their hopes and dreams on meat, fine. When he rips their little hearts out they get what they deserve. There is a reason I dubbed him meathead and one of these days they will figure out why... on that day I shall *snicker* loudly smile Peace Vers. Hope your summer is going well.

Lol I'm glad you're back.
When you tell someone to F off, or throw them an F you, you might get suspended. And the Internet tough guy thing has to go, haha.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't really care when Coleman was drafted. He is probably at worst the 3rd best WR on the team.

The complaint for years here is that we have had crap WR. We just traded away one of our better WR and almost everyone posting here is happy he's gone because for some odd reason they think it means they were right about Sashi. We have to look at what's important here, right?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The more I think about the trade, the more I think Coleman tweaking his hammy in camp was "the straw that broke the camel's back".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Kinda feels like we're selling low.

I wonder if this was initiated by Dorsey or Hue. Hue seemed a little peeved with the most recent tweaked hammy.

Will he pass his physical?

I think that the writing was on the wall for Coleman in the off-season. The front office was trying to trade him, during the draft. I am quite sure, after the Sashi Brown debacle, that Dorsey wasn't going to override the wishes of the coaches arbitrarily.

Coleman had attitude issues. and I think the Browns were tired of it. He didn't seem interested in really improving his craft, and learning the playbook inside out. He wasn't a great route runner, and that's not going to fly in Haley's offense.

I also recall reading that Haley is looking forward to running multiple TE formations. That makes sense, given our desire to run the ball, and Taylor's affinity for hitting the TE up the seam.

I think that a lot of things went into this, and the writing was on the wall. I was hoping that Coleman might have turned the corner this past weekend, but evidently not.

Oh well, another wasted pick. Time to move on.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
While I disagree with this move, I understand why it was made. Corey Coleman was not drafted by this front office, there are other talented receivers that need to make the team (Antonio Callaway, Jeff Janis, and Rashard Higgins), and we have other players that can easily fill in as primary pass catchers (David Njoku, Seth Devalve, and Duke Johnson). I think Corey Coleman can be good, but his injuries have held him back. I also think he will have a tougher time in Buffalo than he did in Cleveland.

The main reason I think trading Coleman will turn to be a mistake is that he was not very expensive and his upside was high. Getting rid of that upside for whatever late round pick we got doesn't really make sense in my mind.

Luckily in trading Coleman, instead of cutting him, we take a much smaller cap hit. We take on $1,669,088 in dead money because we traded him. The number would have been $5,217,948 for 2018 if we cut him and $3,708,404 in 2019. (It is also for this reason that it was amazing that we were able to trade Justin Gilbert and Cam Erving.)

It's sad to say, but Coleman was probably our second or third best first round pick over a cherry picked span of time (from 2012 to 2016). Oof.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Coleman another Baylor wr with maturity issues...Gordon Wright Coleman.
its a pattern

It turns out a lot of those Baylor kids had maturity issues...

When raping girls isn't off limits. . .

C
Legend
Legend
C
Art Briles is in Italy now. he better not cross the Camorra.
the list of Baylor busts is lengthy
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.
Baylor hasnt put a decent player since Thomas Everett

Bryce Petty. Duh.

In all seriousness the guys from Baylor are pretty bad.

http://pfref.com/tiny/PkanS

Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright (who were going to draft instead of Brandon Weeden) aren't horrible and RGIII could have been good under the right circumstances.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Don't add anyone. Just give Duke more reps.

I like this solution. Also throw the ball to the giant human who no one can cover more.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I also have to say, it's hard to judge any wide receiver with the QBs Corey Coleman has had throwing to him. Is there a worse group ever than DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Cody Kessler, and RGIII? Yuck.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Corey Coleman Traded to Bills

Link Copied to Clipboard