Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would take LaFell over Dez ... JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I would take LaFell over Dez ... JMHO thumbsup

Apparently, so would his former teammates.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
keep it. Too many Bungles on this team already.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
IMO, Dez Bryant has been done for two years now. I'd pass.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
All Pro
All Pro
Excellent points. With Gordan out right now, the more I think about Dez, the more I would like to Just Do It. Sign him and let's put up at least 30 points a game. We know what Landry is. I think Coleman might surprise us. Callaway looks dangerous. We finally have a QB who has touch and accuracy. It's going to be good. Njoku Sheeeesh! Look out!
Go Browns!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
L
Legend
Legend
L
Njoku's drops in camp have me slightly concerned. He's had a couple bad days with drops, and has to be more consistent.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Too many Bungles on this team already.

Orange is the new black..not Panther..lol.. I agree..why keep bringing in players from a losing team to think your going to win..wth ?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Njoku's drops in camp have me slightly concerned. He's had a couple bad days with drops, and has to be more consistent.
same here .. it's why i hate drafting guys who can't catch consistently: it rarely improves

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Agreed.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
With Coleman out of the picture...WR is still a need, specially since you can never depend on Josh Gordon.

Now I hate Dez's antics on the sidelines and his arrogance...But fact is he looking for a prove it deal...So its probable a 1 year deal...

Now I wouldnt hate having Dez for one year, at least to patch up our core until its hopefully improved next year in FA/draft. He will help a lot in red zone as that has always been his flair. He is a hard worker, could teach the young guys a hting or two...Dez however "Dez" run his mouth a ton, as long as it's channeled at the opposition and not at coaches...That's the catch 22 with Dez.

Lafell and Maclin remain other options...I love Maclin's hands and route running (plus the guy is great on and off the field, never an issue) However I saw him pulled from at least 4-5 Ravens games last year...Heck left twice in one game when playing our Browns (Took a lot of big hits, and his body is becoming soft) Lafell is a solid WR, nothing special but does everything just well enough.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sign Dez today, we NEED some help at a very thin WR position. We have Landry and a whole lot of questions to go with him. Either that or sign a couple veterans after first cuts. Hope they can get up to speed in this offense fast! Camp is fast approaching its end. Would be nice to have our WR position in place early enough to get the new guy(s) some reps in camp with our new QB and new OC!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
V
Legend
Legend
V
I really like Maclin.

There was another thread.......maybe the Jarvis Landry thread.........and we were ranking hands. Maclin was on my list.

I like WRs who can catch!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I like the idea of signing Maclin over Bryant.

At this stage in his career he could be a better 3rd option than Coleman. He's only 30 and is the same type of receiver build wise as Coleman.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Sign Dez today, we NEED some help at a very thin WR position. We have Landry and a whole lot of questions to go with him. Either that or sign a couple veterans after first cuts. Hope they can get up to speed in this offense fast! Camp is fast approaching its end. Would be nice to have our WR position in place early enough to get the new guy(s) some reps in camp with our new QB and new OC!

Does melting down on the sideline count as dumb?

Legend
Legend
What other WRs are available in FA right now?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I really think that the team wants to look at the guys we have here right now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yup. I think the Coleman trade pretty much announces that we don't feel like we're thin at WR. It says that we feel strongly enough about the guys in camp (and Gordon) that we're ok with letting go of one of our most likely to be counted upon WR's.

By all accounts, Higgins is lighting it up and so is Landry. I haven't heard much about Ratley or Callaway in camp, but I'd say that both are a lock to make the team, as is Gordon. Add in guys like CJ Board & Janis making some noise and I think the team is quite comfortable with trading Coleman without needing to make any rash or drastic moves to backfill.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I think you have Callaway and Janis backwards.

Callaway was running with the 1's the other day, and Coleman threw a hissy fit. Janis just came to camp after missing a lot of time due to injury.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Does melting down on the sideline count as dumb?

Dez is smart enough to actually show up and play. Unlike the much lauded Josh Gordon who is the dumbest player in the league by MILES.

Last edited by Spiritbro77; 08/06/18 01:18 PM.

C
Legend
Legend
C
So your rule only applies to Josh Gordon?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I really like Maclin.

There was another thread.......maybe the Jarvis Landry thread.........and we were ranking hands. Maclin was on my list.

I agree Vers...Maclin will come at probably half the price, and none the sideline drama...Would be the ideal veteran for our young guys...Maclin is very professional...hopefully he is letting his body heal, as he took some God awful hits last year...Maclin is normally the WR you use to take the top off...However Baltimore had a one trick pony named Mike Wallace for that, so used Maclin short and underneath often last year...He got punished for it...I would love Maclin no doubt about it...Odd as Maclin has nearly 7k receiving yards in his career, Bryant has 7.4k yards...though Maclin missed an entire year due to ACL, then again Dez came out a year later so that evens it out. Dez has a much bigger TD total in his career (73 tds compared to Maclins 49)

I think Maclin is alot less problematic..Both are older, both have a tendency of being banged up...Dez just has alot ot antics and attitude, which I'm sure scares coaches away.

I just think we will have issues if we roll out with whom we currently have...I advocate a veteran signing, and Maclin is the most ideal of all.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Agreed.

I sure wish you would post more.

All Pro
All Pro
I heard on the radio that he totally redeemed himself with some really nice catches. Maybe he should catch 200-300 balls after practice until he eliminates the drops...

All Pro
All Pro
Now that Coleman is gone, Dez is sounding very good right now!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TONY

So is Sponge Bob Square Pants.

#GMSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: TONY

So is Sponge Bob Square Pants.
I think I would understand the response better if I knew how many holes in ones you've had.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I still don't want Dez. I would not be opposed to Maclin as mentioned above.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
maclin over Dez. But a vet to replace Coleman, soon I hope.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Can we just get a WR that doesn't have any on or off-field concerns for once?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Pssssst ... VICE GRIPS says hello .... wink

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Pssssst ... VICE GRIPS says hello .... wink

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744...released-by-tmz

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Dorsey cut Maclin via voicemail. Don't think he is on the radar, but I could be wrong.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nfl-chiefs-cut-jeremy-maclin-voicemail-ravens

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well now that we are down yet another wide receiver what do you think? We actually need Maclin AND Dez because Callaway followed meatheads example and will almost certainly be suspended. Since he failed the test at the combine I believe he was already in the program. Four games is almost a certainty and it could be more than that... But hey, Cleveland is the team where you can get suspended more times than one can count and the franchise and fans will love you all the more...

I see the slot WR position in Dukes future... he just became a full time WR.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Mike Furrey lol jk

D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Spectacular and a distraction. I cannot bring myself to wanting his game here on the field or in the locker room. Less than his previous work..

Want him?

No....

Just the dawg in me..........
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Dorsey cut Maclin via voicemail. Don't think he is on the radar, but I could be wrong.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nfl-chiefs-cut-jeremy-maclin-voicemail-ravens

Learn something new... I didn't know that.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We don't need more meatheads....Callaway/Gordon are plenty....Higgins needs to step up....Just saying, the Browns are in the entertainment business- we sure know how to get the spotlight- Hard Knocks, Hard Times- being a fan, Hard Failure- our drafting history....ain't it grand being a Browns fan.

JMHO, Callaway doesn't get suspended, he denied stuff AND some of what he says has some credibility- however, club should fine him for not reporting incident- get him help. Military had buddy system...he shouldn't have been out a 3am , hire a buddy....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I really like Maclin.

That is utterly ridiculous, who would want WRs who could catch. After all we have proven to the NFL that Little, QM, Davis, Coleman all these WRs are fantastic without having good hands...lol laugh

Yeah figure these guys would actually get it. THEY GOT TO CATCH THE BALL!!!

Finally, Dorsey gets it.

Landry is amazing as I watch him more n more, freaking amazing. And he's challenging others to "BLESS" the DBs lol laugh the guy listening the most, HIGGINS as you see Landry talking to him a lot and challenging him, no coincidence the kid Higgins is running with the ones lately.

Calloway can catch too bad he's Stupid... smh

Coleman in Hard Knocks saw him drop about 3 balls that could have been good catches and Landry scolding him. There is a reason he is gone.

The only I didn't like was Randall and Ward standing together behind Hue as the team practiced. Landry had a tirade on players not practicing! that it carries onto the field and this teams needs to CHANGE their LOSING WAYS. And that is one of them!

Man I like Landry and am so glad we aren't thinking about Dez, we interviewed him and he talked his way NOT ON THE TEAM, as we think we dodged a bullet there. Physically I think he is good but once you bring his tude here...glad he's not a Brown.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I saw Vegas has the Browns as the favorite to sign him still

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I saw Vegas has the Browns as the favorite to sign him still

we still have the most cap space, that's why

More likely than not, I'd say that Dez Bryant is retired from the NFL.
He just doesn't know it, yet.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dez Bryant Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard