DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Bard Dawg Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 01:53 PM
Spectacular and a distraction. I cannot bring myself to wanting his game here on the field or in the locker room. Less than his previous work..

Want him?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 01:56 PM
no thanks. He's no longer spectacular either ... no separation and losing steam athletically.

His best chance is to go to a team that just needs a possession type #3 guy IMO
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 01:59 PM
I wouldn’t have wanted him and his baggage when he was a great reciever ... now hes average at best ...

If i didnt want him then ... i sure as all hell wouldn’t want him now ...

NO THANKS ....
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 02:11 PM
No
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 02:32 PM
Nah. I don't mind paying for a guy like Landry but Dez, at this stage of his career may be more trouble than he's worth.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 02:52 PM
No thanks... he's not that good. In fact, I'd rather have Landry (even though neither are #1s) as surprising as that is...

I like the Ravens chances on this one....
Posted By: Swish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 03:11 PM
Dez wouldn’t fit on this team.

But if I’m the packers, I’m on the phone with his agent yesterday.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 03:17 PM
thus is being discussed in the Cuts thread, and the same answers are in there smile
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 03:44 PM
Perfect Patriot.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 04:01 PM
I keep thinking about a red zone attack with Gordon, Bryant, Landry, Njoku, and Duke. That would be horrifying for a defense. grin

However, I don't see him wanting to come here, and I don't see us wanting another player who might be an expensive mistake.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 04:27 PM
Dude ripped everyone after being released, he's just a diva that has seen a leap downward in production.

I'm not even considering bringing him here. Nope nope nope.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 04:40 PM
No Thank You ... tsktsk
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I keep thinking about a red zone attack with Gordon, Bryant, Landry, Njoku, and Duke. That would be horrifying for a defense. grin

However, I don't see him wanting to come here, and I don't see us wanting another player who might be an expensive mistake.
Haha let's sign Dez, trade for OBJ, draft Barkley:

Gordon - Bryant - Landry - Beckham - Njoku - Duke - Barkley - Hyde
Posted By: The Beast Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 06:29 PM
In a word...NO. A short tempered, loud mouthed diva. No need for distractions. The Browns have had enough of them. Pass.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 07:13 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here my saying I'd want him if....nah, just kidding. He's not a fit here, best years are behind him probably and I'd doubt his agent would answer our phone call even if we were interested. Also, he did make a bold prediction after being cut, "I'm going to stay in the NFC East to stick down your throats twice a year". How would it look if he then signs with the 0-16 Browns on a reduced contract two weeks later? That would be harsh.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 07:20 PM
Sorry. Wasn't in there to see it. Move it if need be.

I do not want him here or there. Just thought I would ask. Seeing what I expected.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Sorry. Wasn't in there to see it. Move it if need be.

I do not want him here or there. Just thought I would ask. Seeing what I expected.

No need to apologize - I wasn't trying to be passive agressive - I was just stating people were talking about it in that thread too and nobody really wants him.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 10:01 PM
I only see one team, so far being reported, interested in Dez and that is the Ravens.

I'm not going to bother Googling, maybe they made some moves and free'd up some cap - but weren't they one of the teams with no $ to make moves? In any case, Dez is might have to settle for #3 WR and #3 WR money. I still cannot see a team willing to pay up for him, both on and off the field.
Posted By: Dawgwood Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 10:38 PM
Revens are towards the bottom of cap space at 10 million available.
Put me down for a pass on him.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 10:41 PM
We can draft another WR. We don't need the headaches that will come with him. I pass.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
We can draft another WR. We don't need the headaches that will come with him. I pass.

I expect us to draft a WR in the 2nd Rd. along with a DB/RB ... JMHO
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 10:50 PM
Agreed Pastor. Let's draft a guy that has some upside instead of signing a problem guy whose skills are declining.
Posted By: dawg1965 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 11:14 PM
Nope!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/16/18 11:42 PM

Not that I'm interested in getting Bryant... but can we actually draft a WR? Recent history would argue otherwise...
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

I expect us to draft a WR in the 2nd Rd. along with a DB/RB ... JMHO

Personal preference is not drafting an RB in round 2 - there will be some great options in the 4th. My preference would be FS, LT, or maybe DT. I know I'm in the minority there though.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 12:13 AM
It appears Dez is getting the TO treatment.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 12:53 AM
No thanks...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 01:47 AM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

Haha. TO was a case man.

Bryant is going to go to NE and get paid average. Watch...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 02:50 AM

Except when Owens was 29 he was coming off a 1300 yard, 100 reception, 14 TD season. He then played eight good-very good seasons after that. Dez Bryant might be cooked.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 03:13 AM
Dez might do well on the Browns, the question though is, how long can the Browns keep that team together?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 03:17 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Dez might do well on the Browns, the question though is, how long can the Browns keep that team together?

Dez Bryant really is a perfect #3 receiver for a team that also has a receiver like Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry (or Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu). Whether he can adapt to being the third option is a totally different question. I don't see him wanting to be a rich man's Brian Hartline/Miles Austin (when they were on the Browns).
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 06:26 AM
I would be surprise if we even thought about drafting a WR before the 4th round.

2. Dez Bryant isnt nearly as bad as many think here.

3. Not right time for us...as long as Gordon is clean I would rather he gets the reps not Bryant.

4. Bryant doesnt get reps he will become a cancer, we dont need one.

5. If Pryor got a 6 mil show me contract, Bryant will get at least or more.

Im happy with Gordon, Landry, Duke, Njoku n Barkley. We also would have Coleman, Devalve (our 2nd leading WR last year) and the new kid from Packers. Then we got the left overs Louis n Higgens.

We are full up for WR n the best corp Ive seen here since 99!
jmho
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 11:25 AM
I can agree with that judgment as well. I just hope we make much more effective use of them.

I do not believe we got all the offense we could out of what we had; hope an OC cranks that up some.

Figured we would drop Louis and/or Higgins. Just crazy stuff out there.
Posted By: Haus Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 12:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Haha. TO was a case man.

Bryant is going to go to NE and get paid average. Watch...

I doubt it. Belichick has said in the past something to the effect of: he's trying to build a team, not just collect talent.

Related: http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-beli...an-meyer-2017-4

Short version: he wants to coach guys that he wants to be around. There's a similar anecdote from Gregg Popovich as well: he likes players "who have gotten over themselves."

Success leaves clues.
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 02:04 PM
Dez needs a QB not afraid to throw him open like Tony Romo did a lot. I don’t see anyone doing that for us this year. Takes time to understand the game that well.

We are just not good fit for Dez.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 03:28 PM
he said today that he'd be stoked about the idea of NYG
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 05:09 PM
no. there was time where this franchise would sign any WR over the age 29 cause simply the Browns sucked at drafting WRa
and free agency was a desperation move.
now this franchise doesn't have to be despodant at that position.pass on Dez.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 05:10 PM
no. there was time where this franchise would sign any WR over the age 29 cause simply the Browns sucked at drafting WRa
and free agency was a desperation move.
now this franchise doesn't have to be despodant at that position.pass on Dez.
Posted By: DeaconDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 04/17/18 08:31 PM
No....
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 01:41 AM
It depends on a number of things.

First the Browns need clarification on Gordon. There has to be someone who can provide that. His agent. Maybe the medical staff. Somebody.

Bryant? He is 29. He has been productive. He may be very motivated.

He might be worth a one year deal.

He seems like a knucklehead. But he is tough and plays hard.

He is worth looking at.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 01:48 AM
I talked about him in another thread. I think everyone who responded opposed the idea.

I read things like:

--he's lost a step

--he was never that fast to begin with

--he's a head case

I agree w/most of that. However, people are only looking at the negatives. I look at those, but I also look at the positives.

While me may have lost a step, he's tall. Our other WRs [if Josh isn't going to be here]are not so tall. Thus, Dez could be our big WR. The guy you throw jump balls and back shoulders to in the end zone. The guy you throw to over the middle in sit-down routes over the middle. The guy you throw to in short yardage situations because he can go and get the ball.

Also, I don't think he is the "head case" some make him out to be. He isn't TO. I think the dude is very passionate and expressive, but I don't think he is the "me" player TO was.

I am not sure if we should sign him, but I think a lot of people aren't really analyzing this situation logically.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 01:54 AM
I understand what you are saying, but we do have 2 tall guys (admittedly TE's) Fells and Njoku. My concern is that if we sign a "name" WR, this may indicate that JG is not expected back anytime soon. At this point, I simply don't know what to think about Gordon but I hope he is back in 2-3 weeks...
Posted By: Vambo Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 02:05 AM
Did you watch the presser with Hue and Dorsey? When asked they said they would put Coleman in at Josh's spot if he was not ready.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/hue-jackson-and-john-dorsey-open-2018-training-camp

link
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 02:24 AM
I agree with you.

He knows how to play. He catches the ball. There is no doubt that he can be a role player.

Haley will utilize his best routes.

Like I said though. The Browns management is due clarification. They have supported Gordon. They deserve answers. Not all this vague crap.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 02:30 AM
I'm not saying we should sign Dez. I'm just putting out some information and thoughts. I also don't count TEs as WRs like some folks do. I'm pretty sure that Dez is a better route runner than either of our TEs.

And again, I am not saying we should sign Dez, but I would not be surprised if we do.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 02:31 AM
That did not sound like a ringing endorsement to me.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 05:35 AM
Dwayne Bowe.......

Kenny Britt......

Dez Bryant......?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 08:17 AM
He'd have to be an Anquan Bolden type in his later years ... strong, possession WR who accepts being a 3rd/4th option on the field. I can't see Dez just taking that hit to his ego
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm not saying we should sign Dez. I'm just putting out some information and thoughts. I also don't count TEs as WRs like some folks do. I'm pretty sure that Dez is a better route runner than either of our TEs.

And again, I am not saying we should sign Dez, but I would not be surprised if we do.

I agree and agree with a earlier post of yours that while there are negatives, there are also positives. Those can't be ignored.

In the end Dorsey has to weigh it out as ask himself if signing Bryant would make us a better football team.

I get on Hue, but Hue does have a good record of building good relationships with his players. Hue might be able to take some of the edge off Bryants negatives.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: AZBrown
Dwayne Bowe.......

Kenny Britt......

Dez Bryant......?

By the way, the Patriots supposedly love Kenny Britt.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Dwayne Bowe.......

Kenny Britt......

Dez Bryant......?

I also do not think that Britt and Bowe are not quite a fair comparison to Bryant.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 03:38 PM
I want nuttin to do with Dez .. hes not who he used to be ... but he’s way better than Bowe was when we got him ...

Not sure what happend with Britt last year .... something happend ... no clue ... a divorce, lost a close relative, just hated C-town ... i have no clue ... Britt was a very bad signing and hes not that good but hes way better than he showed last year ...

And he’s 50/50 to make the team in NE ... if he sticks to start the year ... he’ll be in the convo for release when Edelman comes off suspension ...
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 05:00 PM
Wow, last posted on this in April.

As you might remember my son is a big time Dallas fan.

He gets mad at the sports journalist down playing Dez and dissing him. My son thinks he has a lot of talent and he would watch film with me on Dallas games and tell me/actually show me on replays that Dez was getting open and he was getting Frustrated cause Dak was not looking at him when they were in the Red Zone and he would show me and actually make comments that DAK is more like Kizer as he would show me how Dak would throw to his backside as Dez was cutting wide open over the middle in the endzone. Stating to me that it was mostly on Dak not Dez in his production at WR and that Dez was actually being good about it not throwing Dak under the bus.

Maybe he has lost a step. But I trust my son and Dez would be a tremendous addition for our Red Zone offense with or without Gordon.

But can you see Dez, Njoku and Fells as we are inside the 20? Add in Duke coming out of the backfield and Landry underneath the big guys both getting the ball with space to make something happen! Throw in Gordon in the mix and just let me know who the heck will cover those guys. man TT if you are accurate and good you will be a king of QBs!!!

jmho I would like to see us make a good 1-3 year contract on him...we will need the space after 3 years to start signing our studs to 2nd contracts!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 05:08 PM
Dwayne Bowe.......

Kenny Britt......

Dez Bryant......?

I think he's starting the year on the PUP list too
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 05:56 PM
I wouldn't really have a problem seeing Dez on the roster. Now Pac Man, that's an entirely different issue.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 08:32 PM

I am not saying go run and sign him.

But he is worth looking at.

He is gone from Dallas. So all the drama shouldn't be there. He is not going to be in a position to call Garrett out and Garrett's guys.

On a new team he will have to prove he belongs and can compete.

He has a lot to prove so my guess would be he puts his head down, shuts up and plays ball.

He could possible help. So, i say take a look.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 09:49 PM
So you pick DB over Pak-Mon? Just really two choices I don't want and I started this thread when it was a choice. Now it's a need.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 10:00 PM
J/C
I always felt that Dez's sideline demeanor was misunderstood. He might have looked angry or self-indugent but I think it was just the intensity in his personality that was easy for detractors to latch on to.

Without going back and trying to pinpoint the exact moment his performance started to decline; I'll say that generally it started when Romo was no longer the QB. The two of them had a chemistry that he was never able to duplicate with Prescott. So as EO mentioned in his post, was it mainly Dez or was it that Prescott's abilities couldn't take advantage of the Bryant's skills? On that question where does the truth rest? I don't have an answer.

As far as Dez's present career options, the Brown's aren't a serious consideration, for him. And, because of this I don't think he's a good fit in Cleveland. He still wants to be a #1, deep ball receiver. I don't think he's anywhere near the vertical threat that Gordon is, so he can't bring that dimension to the Brown's offense. I think he would expect to dominate targets. The short to intermediate passing game with rhythm passing and a run heavy element that I expect the Brown's to use doesn't seem to match Bryant self-perception. Also he's not likely to view the Brown's as among the competitive elite of the league where he believes he belongs. Those are a lot of barriers to work through for the Browns to bring him in. I'd rather invest the effort in developing WRs we already have.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/26/18 11:31 PM
I agree that he is more passionate than butt hole. He isn't TO.

The only thing that would worry me is that I think he needs a strong qb in the huddle. Someone who won't be overly influenced by him demanding the ball. Someone like Rodgers or Brady, who would tell him to Stfu and just get open.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 01:52 AM
I have never said sign either guy.

What I did say is take a look. Bring the guys in.

Talk to them. Find their expectations. Explain what you are looking for. See if there is a fit.

Work them out.

Determine if they can help.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 02:21 AM
J/C

Yesterday Charley Casserly on NFL Network had some pretty pointed criticism of the current state of Dez's game as reason's the Brown's should pass on him. Then Dez clapped back with a tweet. Casserly came back on today with tape demonstrating that Dez isn't separating from coverage and that his route running is undisciplined.

To be fair he selected two plays each showing one of the deficiencies he is pointing out. Two plays alone aren't enough evidence to say this is who Dez has become as a player. But it does give you pause.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 02:28 AM
Good info. I

I think that is important, because if Dez is not a good route runner, it will be much harder for him to make the transition I an envisioning.

I freely admit that while I said I thought he was a better route runner than either of our TEs, I am not very sure of how good of a route runner he is.

I thought he was okay at that part of the game, but perhaps I was mistaken????
Posted By: The Collector Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 05:57 AM
an interesting breakdown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25mQ4eCtw0U
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 01:26 PM

The only thing that would worry me is that I think he needs a strong qb in the huddle. Someone who won't be overly influenced by him demanding the ball. Someone like Rodgers or Brady, who would tell him to Stfu and just get open.

Everything I have read about TT is that he is in total command of this team and I would have to assume the huddle. Its actually been the focus of his Positives first and foremost has taken the lead of the team. Why would you think otherwise or Assume he would not be in command???
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

Everything I have read about TT is that he is in total command of this team and I would have to assume the huddle. Its actually been the focus of his Positives first and foremost has taken the lead of the team. Why would you think otherwise or Assume he would not be in command???

To be fair TT is not totally established as that guy. He still has to show that leadership to this new group and us fans.

Hope all is well Tabby?
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 01:46 PM
Getting my first Tattoo on Tuesday...of course its in my Butt not on it...lol laugh

I'm good, I'll beat this thing. Hey I believe in the power of prayer...I ASK EVERYONE TO PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR GM, HE HAD SOME SERIOUS STUFF GO ON RECENTLY. Great guy!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 03:08 PM

Noted.

Hate to hear of medical issues for anyone.

Just found out what a close friend of mine recently went through with chemo and bone marrow transplants.

Very difficult time for him to put it mildly.

Stay strong to all.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 04:48 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Getting my first Tattoo on Tuesday...of course its in my Butt not on it...lol laugh

I'm good, I'll beat this thing. Hey I believe in the power of prayer...I ASK EVERYONE TO PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR GM, HE HAD SOME SERIOUS STUFF GO ON RECENTLY. Great guy!

I know you will, tabber. Pulling for both you and GM.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 08:35 PM
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns have reached out to Dez Bryant's representatives about the three-time Pro Bowl receiver signing a one-year deal with the Browns, a league source told cleveland.com.

If talks progress, Bryant will come to Cleveland to get a feel for the organization, and if all goes well, he could become a Brown.

In Cleveland, Bryant, 29, would step in and get significant playing time in place of Josh Gordon, who's currently away from the team to work on his overall health and treatment plan.

The Browns have no idea when Gordon will be back, and the NFL has said 'there's no timetable for his return.' The league has also said it will 'deal with the matter at the appropriate time.'

Bryant, who turned down a multi-year offer from the Ravens, has made it clear he wants to play for a contender, but a one-year 'prove it' deal with the Browns could be just what he needs to get his career back on track.

Bryant is represented by Jay-Z's Roc Nation, which also represents Browns coach Hue Jackson.

On Thursday, Jackson's agent John Thornton was on the sidelines at Browns training camp in Berea talking to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and GM John Dorsey, and the subject of Bryant undoubtedly came up.

Dorsey says Bryant is on his radar

In 2017, Bryant caught 69 passes for 838 yards and six touchdowns. The Cowboys released him to save cap space, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Thursday that Bryant can still play.

"Dez is an NFL player," Jones said, via Charean Williams of profootballtalk.com. "There's no doubt in my mind, and [he] can really contribute. It was best for us that we're in the spot we're in, but when I say us, it includes Dez. I believe that strongly. "I love Dez. I spent a lot of time -- and inordinate amount of time with Dez -- but this is for the best. But he's certainly good enough player that he can help people.

"He can help teams win games. I say that unequivocally. I believe that. Just look at our last few games and see if he made any plays against Oakland or anybody. He did."

Haslam and Jones are friends, and Jones would probably recommend Haslam sign him.

Browns players such as Baker Mayfield are excited about the prospect of a Bryant joining the team.

"We have talent in that room so we're expecting somebody to step up, but obviously any time you talk about bringing in a guy like that from Texas, that's pretty exciting,'' Mayfield said. "He's a good player and so we'll see what happens but for now, we're good with what we have."

Bryant has three 1,000 yards seasons to his credit, and has averaged more than 800 yards and seven TDs in each of his last two seasons.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/07/browns_and_dez_bryants_reps_ha.html
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 09:25 PM
Even after trying to justify the signing, I'm still not on board with potentially bringing in Dez or Pacman...

Nope nope nopers.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 10:30 PM
Even after trying to justify the signing, I'm still not on board with potentially bringing in Dez or Pacman...

Nope nope nopers.

Isn't be ok with dez... worry about his attitude but think we can work with it with hailey... pacman wasn't thwt good on the field... ain't worth the off the field crap...
Posted By: mac Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 11:09 PM
Dorsey can't wait for Josh Gordon to overcome what ever Gordon is dealing with.

Bring Dez in to get an idea of his attitude and his desire to continue his NFL career with the Browns.

Got to have football players who want to play...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 11:26 PM
Haven't seen you around Mac.....hope all is well.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 11:46 PM
He is not in a position to get all his druthers anymore. A one-year with lots to prove contract could be best fit. Interested in seeing how he handles it. If all he wants is to dictate terms, see ya. TO 2:The Sequel.
Posted By: Dave Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 11:46 PM
I always liked Terrelle Pryor, but I have to admit his post-possession sideline rants were annoying to me. I was always like "STFU, man, and let your play on the field speak for you.". If Dez Bryant comes in here and starts throwing tantrums on the sidelines like he did in Dallas, I hope Myles Garrett or Joel Bitonio or somebody body-slams his diva ass and tells him to shut his freaking pie-hole, or get off the field.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/27/18 11:53 PM
No tolerance for that from any player or coach. You sound like I did! LOLetc. But I don't want that either. Your chemistry is incredibly fragile and resilient at the same time. One individual playing hero-ball is tough. We will have enough struggles without this artificial diva crap. No truth to any rumor that he might want to be here just for the HBO opportunity. Is Ocho Sinko available? Just asking'. . . .
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:16 AM
j/c:

If the Browns are this interested in Dez, what does that say about Gordon's situation?

Keep your heads buried in the sand.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:28 AM
j/c:

If the Browns are this interested in Dez, what does that say about Gordon's situation?

Very concerning...
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:32 AM
Whether we do or we don't sign him I like the fact that big names are now putting Cleveland on their radar. That speaks volumes about how players around the league are beginning to view the Browns.

Saying that...maybe the Browns are the only team showing true interest as he's still available.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:35 AM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
j/c:

Very concerning...

Of course it's concerning but this is still all guessing, shooting the breeze as if we were at a bar talking Browns football.

We do NOT know.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:37 AM
Furthermore we have plenty of cap space. We sign Dez as insurance, Josh comes back and we cut a deadweight WR.

Win, win.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:44 AM
Okay, we do not know...........but, why don't you say that when people talk like the "anxiety" issue is a fact? We don't know if that is true, either.

The dude has hosed two colleges and us countless times. Yet people are always defending him and getting on people who have doubts about him.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:08 AM
Complicated, isn't he?
And this situation.

I think Browns fans love his talent, as do coaches. If this guy were some bottom-feeder we wouldn't have cared had he been cut three years ago.

So there is that, but he's been in our lives - Browns fans lives - for so long he almost feels like a family member.
i hope it works out.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:21 AM
Negative, hate to be abrupt or rude, but those that want dez, are the same that wanted to start Manziel over Hoyer.

It’s just a bad decision
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:52 AM
The following article makes me think that perhaps signing Dez might not be the best idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dez-bryant-...-233125747.html
Posted By: tazolio Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:54 AM
i actually think dez could be a big addition, in addition to teaching the young en's ..if the man had like almost 900 yards last year...gets open still..his greatness, while on decline physically, still leads to production...plus we got extra $...also a big te like option in the red zone...i really think a proven pro even though overpriced would..really kick us into high gear and would trickle down to our already great potential at wr
Posted By: tazolio Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:08 AM
if you can gain 4 yards a play...only the clock can stop you!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:09 AM
I would to not sign Dez Bryant and figure out how to get Njoku the ball more.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:17 AM
I would to not sign Dez Bryant and figure out how to get Njoku the ball more.

It's hard to teach professionals how to catch and run routes.
Posted By: tazolio Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:23 AM
if you also have a defense,, no one can
Posted By: tazolio Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:25 AM
if you also have a defense, no one can
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:27 AM
Originally Posted By: tazolio
if you also have a defense,, no one can

Dude? I didn't get this the first time and I still don't get it.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:37 AM
Personally, I'd like to pass on Dez.

I was really hoping to sign Pryor or Jordan Matthews because of how unreliable Gordon is.

But Dez has a lot of baggage to bring this young team.
If he could learn to accept a role like Boldin and Steve Smith did, I could go with it.

But personally this I see Dez as a diva personality that isn't worth it.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 04:11 AM
j/c:

I get your point. I think the answer to your question could simply be; hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 05:57 AM
I know gordon has left us in a bit of a pickle, but bryant doesn’t sound like such a sweet dill to me.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 06:01 AM
Well, catching the ball consistently has never been his bread and butter ..... though some might say that evaluation isn't kosher.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 07:53 AM
I think our FO is really concerned about two things: 1. Gordon's strange situation and 2. Coleman's inability to improve
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 08:10 AM
“i find your lack of faith disturbing”

there are no atheists in foxholes
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 09:29 AM
I assume with some of the wording looseness that JG may miss some games, possibly more than a couple. The need is apparently real. A TT to DB combination might work. But the sideshow he brings with him is still a real price to pay for the team. Almost deranged when he ratchets himself up.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:10 PM
I hope the team just put this rumor out so Josh Gordon sees it and decides to come back soooner rather than later.
Posted By: mac Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 01:47 PM
Memp...I hope you are right, that the Browns possible interest in Dez is just being talked about to influence Gordon to return ASAP.

Not knowing what is going on is frustrating for me...at this point we are left to "guess".

Looking at all NFL headlines of Dez and his public fight with the Cowboys made me think..do we want this kind of player on the team?

... I hope not.
Posted By: hitt Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:04 PM
Ditto, remember how Johnny M. was so happy to get out of Cleveland and basked everyone but himself....denial. Please pass on him, he could be a cancer.....GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think our FO is really concerned about two things: 1. Gordon's strange situation and 2. Coleman's inability to improve

I think Coleman is pretty talented, he just can’t stay on the field.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:43 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I think that Dez could be a good add on a 1 year deal. (which is what he has said he wants) I think that his abilities fit well with Taylor's. He's not a deep burner, but that doesn't fit what Taylor does best anyway. We have a couple of guys with great speed, in Coleman and Callaway, and Landry isn't exactly slow, so maybe Dez can fill that possession receiver role. Also, we have speed at TE .... so having that WR who can work underneath could be a huge help.

He would have to earn his spot, of course, and would have to understand that we do have weapons here, and he would be one of several, not "the one".

I remember when TO went to Buffalo for a year. People expected the worst, but he was a good teammate, and played his butt off there. Everyone expected him to be a headcase, and a distraction, but he was anything but. Who knows, maybe Dez could help like that here.

I also think that it would be pretty funny to have him come here after having turned the Ravens down. wink
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:51 PM
I tend to agree with YTown that a one year deal is fine. Hue was a WR coach and Haley has dealt with big personalities before. Neither will put up with his crap. But, he will get coached harder than he was in Dallas. I just hope we aren't signing another Bowe or Britt who just suck the money and lazily do nothing.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 02:52 PM
Quote:
Okay, we do not know...........but, why don't you say that when people talk like the "anxiety" issue is a fact? We don't know if that is true, either.

The more I think about it, the more I believe he screwed up and bailed before he got caught. I don't want to believe it. I want to believe he is doing things right to get his life in order, but the timing of this whole thing stinks. He's ripped, he's working out, he's saying and doing all the right things, and suddenly he's too anxious to come to training camp? I have to wonder if the anxiety doesn't revolve around being tested.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 03:09 PM
j/c

I'm firmly on the fence about Dez. I don't know what we'll get with him. I think he can still play. I don't think he fits here if he expects to be the featured receiver. He has to be willing to take the targets that come within the scheme of the offense. I don't know how his personality will impact the team, so I'm concerned.

I'm firmly on the fence about Josh Gordon. With the absence of facts there is a whole lot of space for speculation. I don't think Dorsey knows how this will all play out. He must look at all options even if they are not ideal. Dez isn't ideal but he might be the best option available.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 04:16 PM
After reading the Twitter exchange you posted it seems nothing is ever going to change with Dez. At any time in any game, we're one play away, one injury away from Baker taking the field. That's the point we certainly wouldn't want Dez on the field in the rookies ear.
Posted By: TONY Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/28/18 05:31 PM
No! Not a good idea right now!
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/29/18 09:34 PM
J/C
I've thought about the Dez thing a little. On a one year deal he is likely the best option out there.

1) The way I look at it, the tweet from Dez was due to the long term corrosive relationship that developed in Dallas. None of that has anything to do with the Browns.
There are no old grudges here and his deal should be one year only. That's not enough time for him to get as sour on this organization. Also, he needs to show he can be a good teammate. I think for his future in the league he can hold it together for one season. I think there is enough veteran presence on the team that he would not be a disruption. Vets like Taylor, Landry, Kendricks, Collins, Zeitler and Hyde should be able to help.

2) He can still play. Haley should be able to show Dez that he can succeed in this offense by defining a specific role that will accentuate his best skills. Hopefully he is eager to shed the "cancer" reputation so if he is smart he will demonstrate he can be a team guy.

3) I think he could be effective between the 20's with slants and other quick routes. He and Landry can be interchangeable working underneath on intermediate routes. In the red zone he can be a real weapon especially if Tyrod can throw a better back shoulder fade than Dak.

4) Hopefully, Coleman or Callaway can threaten defenses vertically on a consistent basis so that there would be more room for Dez to work.

5) If Gordon comes back at some point things could really get interesting.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/29/18 10:05 PM
Jason La Canfora
‏
Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
Following Following @JasonLaCanfora
More
Being around Browns camp for a day now, do not get the sense anything is cooking with them and Dez Bryant
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/29/18 10:48 PM
At this point, I think gordon is finished. the kid has all kinda talent, but I don't think he can stay away from the nose candy (It isn't weed, no one gives up millions and repeatdly smokes weed like they are addicted to nose candy)

I wish Josh Gordon all the best, but I really think he is done. I think it will come out in a few weeks that he failed another drug test, and he should be lifetime banned at that point...he is just too stupid to get the message no matter how many times its sent.

As for Dez Bryant, we should sign him given a reasonable contract can be agreed upon. 30 is young for a WR, Dez could easily give us 3 years of 70 catch seasons. Most of his problems the last few years has been the Qb throwing him the ball rather then Dez himself. Sure he isn't the same guy he was in 2015, but he is better then any Wr on our rster bar Landry...it wouldn't hurt to take a flier on him, he can still get down the field and Taylor could get him the ball.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/30/18 01:56 AM
Based on what exactly?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 07/30/18 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Jason La Canfora
‏
Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
Following Following @JasonLaCanfora
More
Being around Browns camp for a day now, do not get the sense anything is cooking with them and Dez Bryant

For once I hope Jason LaCanfora is correct.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/02/18 11:27 PM
j/c:

Not sure where to put this and didn't want to start another thread, but......

New England just signed Eric Decker. Dude's been down the last couple of years, but I can see him doing well w/NE. He is tall and has skills. I wouldn't have minded him as a possible guy to bring for Josh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/02/18 11:32 PM
Yeah, Decker is a pretty solid guy ... injuries have hurt him (and not having good QBs) ... he could do well for NE, especially without Edelman
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/03/18 03:50 PM
Decker is slow, but he runs good routes, if Dez ran routes like Eric then he would already be on a team.
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/03/18 04:01 PM
I could be wrong but Dez isn't that fast.

Why when a guy signs for another team he becomes a good option for us...lol laugh Where was the pimping prior to him being signed???

Injury Prone right now. Landry is clearly our Leader of the WR corp. The rest will be younger healthier and more talented than the oft injured Decker. Kid was great in his time but he is not the same guy. I do agree with you - he could prosper with Brady at QB. As much as I like TT he is no Brady.
Its amazing actually what the Pats have done with a very mediocre group at WR over the last decade with Brady at the helm. Only Moss was a great talent and look what the two were able to do! I think the Pats actually have missed the boat as they had one of the best ever at QB and didn't give him weapons and still they won how many Championships...actually an amazing feat.

jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/03/18 05:07 PM
A couple of mentioned Decker when Gordon took off.

I also think that Brady has had weapons. Gronk is one of the biggest mismatches in the entire NFL. He changes the way teams scheme.

I think that guys like Wes Welker and Edeleman were/are very good WRs who displayed great hands, intelligence, toughness, ran great routes, etc

I think guys like Cooks and Hogan gave/give them deep threats. I think guys like Amendola, Troy Brown, Deion Branch were good receivers. And Moss is a HOFer.

That's not all that bad.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/03/18 06:31 PM
how about Brandon LaFell.the Bengals just released him
that must mean John Ross is moving up the charts.
LaFell is a sure handed WR and a good locker room guy.
not a burner but he still can produce as a 3rd option
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/05/18 05:34 PM
I would take LaFell over Dez ... JMHO thumbsup
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/05/18 05:53 PM
I would take LaFell over Dez ... JMHO thumbsup

Apparently, so would his former teammates.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/05/18 06:11 PM
keep it. Too many Bungles on this team already.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/05/18 08:13 PM
IMO, Dez Bryant has been done for two years now. I'd pass.
Posted By: TONY Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/05/18 11:35 PM
Excellent points. With Gordan out right now, the more I think about Dez, the more I would like to Just Do It. Sign him and let's put up at least 30 points a game. We know what Landry is. I think Coleman might surprise us. Callaway looks dangerous. We finally have a QB who has touch and accuracy. It's going to be good. Njoku Sheeeesh! Look out!
Go Browns!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 12:05 AM
Njoku's drops in camp have me slightly concerned. He's had a couple bad days with drops, and has to be more consistent.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 01:02 AM
Quote:
Too many Bungles on this team already.

Orange is the new black..not Panther..lol.. I agree..why keep bringing in players from a losing team to think your going to win..wth ?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 01:17 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Njoku's drops in camp have me slightly concerned. He's had a couple bad days with drops, and has to be more consistent.
same here .. it's why i hate drafting guys who can't catch consistently: it rarely improves
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 01:22 AM
Agreed.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 02:20 AM
With Coleman out of the picture...WR is still a need, specially since you can never depend on Josh Gordon.

Now I hate Dez's antics on the sidelines and his arrogance...But fact is he looking for a prove it deal...So its probable a 1 year deal...

Now I wouldnt hate having Dez for one year, at least to patch up our core until its hopefully improved next year in FA/draft. He will help a lot in red zone as that has always been his flair. He is a hard worker, could teach the young guys a hting or two...Dez however "Dez" run his mouth a ton, as long as it's channeled at the opposition and not at coaches...That's the catch 22 with Dez.

Lafell and Maclin remain other options...I love Maclin's hands and route running (plus the guy is great on and off the field, never an issue) However I saw him pulled from at least 4-5 Ravens games last year...Heck left twice in one game when playing our Browns (Took a lot of big hits, and his body is becoming soft) Lafell is a solid WR, nothing special but does everything just well enough.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 02:25 AM
Sign Dez today, we NEED some help at a very thin WR position. We have Landry and a whole lot of questions to go with him. Either that or sign a couple veterans after first cuts. Hope they can get up to speed in this offense fast! Camp is fast approaching its end. Would be nice to have our WR position in place early enough to get the new guy(s) some reps in camp with our new QB and new OC!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 02:38 AM
I really like Maclin.

There was another thread.......maybe the Jarvis Landry thread.........and we were ranking hands. Maclin was on my list.

I like WRs who can catch!
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 03:09 AM
I like the idea of signing Maclin over Bryant.

At this stage in his career he could be a better 3rd option than Coleman. He's only 30 and is the same type of receiver build wise as Coleman.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 05:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Sign Dez today, we NEED some help at a very thin WR position. We have Landry and a whole lot of questions to go with him. Either that or sign a couple veterans after first cuts. Hope they can get up to speed in this offense fast! Camp is fast approaching its end. Would be nice to have our WR position in place early enough to get the new guy(s) some reps in camp with our new QB and new OC!

Does melting down on the sideline count as dumb?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 08:12 AM
What other WRs are available in FA right now?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 01:52 PM
I really think that the team wants to look at the guys we have here right now.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 02:03 PM
Yup. I think the Coleman trade pretty much announces that we don't feel like we're thin at WR. It says that we feel strongly enough about the guys in camp (and Gordon) that we're ok with letting go of one of our most likely to be counted upon WR's.

By all accounts, Higgins is lighting it up and so is Landry. I haven't heard much about Ratley or Callaway in camp, but I'd say that both are a lock to make the team, as is Gordon. Add in guys like CJ Board & Janis making some noise and I think the team is quite comfortable with trading Coleman without needing to make any rash or drastic moves to backfill.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 02:33 PM
I think you have Callaway and Janis backwards.

Callaway was running with the 1's the other day, and Coleman threw a hissy fit. Janis just came to camp after missing a lot of time due to injury.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 05:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Does melting down on the sideline count as dumb?

Dez is smart enough to actually show up and play. Unlike the much lauded Josh Gordon who is the dumbest player in the league by MILES.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 07:20 PM
So your rule only applies to Josh Gordon?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 11:14 PM
I really like Maclin.

There was another thread.......maybe the Jarvis Landry thread.........and we were ranking hands. Maclin was on my list.

I agree Vers...Maclin will come at probably half the price, and none the sideline drama...Would be the ideal veteran for our young guys...Maclin is very professional...hopefully he is letting his body heal, as he took some God awful hits last year...Maclin is normally the WR you use to take the top off...However Baltimore had a one trick pony named Mike Wallace for that, so used Maclin short and underneath often last year...He got punished for it...I would love Maclin no doubt about it...Odd as Maclin has nearly 7k receiving yards in his career, Bryant has 7.4k yards...though Maclin missed an entire year due to ACL, then again Dez came out a year later so that evens it out. Dez has a much bigger TD total in his career (73 tds compared to Maclins 49)

I think Maclin is alot less problematic..Both are older, both have a tendency of being banged up...Dez just has alot ot antics and attitude, which I'm sure scares coaches away.

I just think we will have issues if we roll out with whom we currently have...I advocate a veteran signing, and Maclin is the most ideal of all.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/06/18 11:23 PM
Agreed.

I sure wish you would post more.
Posted By: TONY Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 12:50 AM
I heard on the radio that he totally redeemed himself with some really nice catches. Maybe he should catch 200-300 balls after practice until he eliminates the drops...
Posted By: TONY Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 01:20 AM
Now that Coleman is gone, Dez is sounding very good right now!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: TONY

So is Sponge Bob Square Pants.
Posted By: TONY Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: TONY

So is Sponge Bob Square Pants.
I think I would understand the response better if I knew how many holes in ones you've had.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 03:30 AM
I still don't want Dez. I would not be opposed to Maclin as mentioned above.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 06:28 PM
maclin over Dez. But a vet to replace Coleman, soon I hope.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 07:29 PM
Can we just get a WR that doesn't have any on or off-field concerns for once?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 07:32 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Pssssst ... VICE GRIPS says hello .... wink
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Pssssst ... VICE GRIPS says hello .... wink

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744...released-by-tmz
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 08:05 PM

Dorsey cut Maclin via voicemail. Don't think he is on the radar, but I could be wrong.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nfl-chiefs-cut-jeremy-maclin-voicemail-ravens
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 08:39 PM
Well now that we are down yet another wide receiver what do you think? We actually need Maclin AND Dez because Callaway followed meatheads example and will almost certainly be suspended. Since he failed the test at the combine I believe he was already in the program. Four games is almost a certainty and it could be more than that... But hey, Cleveland is the team where you can get suspended more times than one can count and the franchise and fans will love you all the more...

I see the slot WR position in Dukes future... he just became a full time WR.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 09:45 PM

Mike Furrey lol jk
Posted By: DeaconDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Spectacular and a distraction. I cannot bring myself to wanting his game here on the field or in the locker room. Less than his previous work..

Want him?

No....
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/07/18 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Dorsey cut Maclin via voicemail. Don't think he is on the radar, but I could be wrong.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nfl-chiefs-cut-jeremy-maclin-voicemail-ravens

Learn something new... I didn't know that.
Posted By: hitt Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/08/18 12:49 AM
We don't need more meatheads....Callaway/Gordon are plenty....Higgins needs to step up....Just saying, the Browns are in the entertainment business- we sure know how to get the spotlight- Hard Knocks, Hard Times- being a fan, Hard Failure- our drafting history....ain't it grand being a Browns fan.

JMHO, Callaway doesn't get suspended, he denied stuff AND some of what he says has some credibility- however, club should fine him for not reporting incident- get him help. Military had buddy system...he shouldn't have been out a 3am , hire a buddy....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 04:29 PM
I really like Maclin.

That is utterly ridiculous, who would want WRs who could catch. After all we have proven to the NFL that Little, QM, Davis, Coleman all these WRs are fantastic without having good hands...lol laugh

Yeah figure these guys would actually get it. THEY GOT TO CATCH THE BALL!!!

Finally, Dorsey gets it.

Landry is amazing as I watch him more n more, freaking amazing. And he's challenging others to "BLESS" the DBs lol laugh the guy listening the most, HIGGINS as you see Landry talking to him a lot and challenging him, no coincidence the kid Higgins is running with the ones lately.

Calloway can catch too bad he's Stupid... smh

Coleman in Hard Knocks saw him drop about 3 balls that could have been good catches and Landry scolding him. There is a reason he is gone.

The only I didn't like was Randall and Ward standing together behind Hue as the team practiced. Landry had a tirade on players not practicing! that it carries onto the field and this teams needs to CHANGE their LOSING WAYS. And that is one of them!

Man I like Landry and am so glad we aren't thinking about Dez, we interviewed him and he talked his way NOT ON THE TEAM, as we think we dodged a bullet there. Physically I think he is good but once you bring his tude here...glad he's not a Brown.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 04:34 PM
I saw Vegas has the Browns as the favorite to sign him still
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 04:36 PM
I saw Vegas has the Browns as the favorite to sign him still

we still have the most cap space, that's why

More likely than not, I'd say that Dez Bryant is retired from the NFL.
He just doesn't know it, yet.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 10:36 PM

Tony Grossi
‏Verified account @TonyGrossi
42m42 minutes ago

Meantime, Dorsey says Browns will work out a group of WRs next week -- veterans and rookies. Dez Bryant is welcome, Dorsey indicated, but is not returning Dorsey's calls.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 10:36 PM

Dez Bryant
‏Verified account @DezBryant
23m23 minutes ago

Dez Bryant Retweeted Tyson West Coast Cowboy

For real... I wouldn’t mind playing for the browns.. I just want to be right first
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/09/18 10:58 PM
I think we'd be better off without Bryant. He's toOOOO much of a diva. If it doesn't work out, he'll be quick to throw the organization under the bus. We don't need that.

I have more confidence in a guy like Callaway, heck even Higgins.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:28 AM
I want ZERO to do with that dude ... hes not that good anymore ...

If were gonna sign someone ... i’d rather it be a guy like Malcom Mitchell .. he’s young and i believe the Pats just cut him .... he also flies .... we need a field stretcher ...

Did Janis play tonight? ... haven’t watched it .... i think i’m reaching with him ... but w/o Josh we need that ....
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:37 AM
hes still unsigned for a reason.
pass.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:10 AM
My biggest concern with Dez is this...Out of the top 3 FA WRs (Dez, Maclin, Lafell) Dez is the one with all the antics and attitude...Dez is also the most likeliest to pull a Bowe or Kenny Britt and just collect a check...If the Browns really do want Dez, it better be a one year rental...so he hopefully works his tail off, and there has to be some language for not just collecting a pay...

If I'm a veteran WR, I hope the Browns sign me...I'm sure they are aware of all the money collected by Bowe and Britt both whom did squat...

I'm sure Dorseys thought is...ink Dez for a year, let Dez inflate his market for next year...We as a team get good production temporarily, while temporarily patching the weakness. We then will be addressing the issue next year via the draft or FA...

Dez is just a wild one though...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:11 AM
I want ZERO to do with that dude ... hes not that good anymore ...

If were gonna sign someone ... i’d rather it be a guy like Malcom Mitchell .. he’s young and i believe the Pats just cut him .... he also flies .... we need a field stretcher ...

Did Janis play tonight? ... haven’t watched it .... i think i’m reaching with him ... but w/o Josh we need that ....

theres alot whom think Mitchell's knee is near shot...shame being that young.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:15 AM
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:15 AM
I wonder if Devante Parker ends up being shopped...They dont seem overly excited down in Miami with him...then again I know he is oft injured
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:22 AM
Brandon LaFell is available and played for Hue Jackson in Cincinnati.

I wouldn't mind Lafell, bigger WR with no off field concerns...nice steady vet. I'm pretty sure Lafell signed with Cincy after Hue left...could be wrong, but didnt they sign Lafell when they lost both Marvin Jones and Sanu in FA?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 05:38 AM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Brandon LaFell is available and played for Hue Jackson in Cincinnati.

I wouldn't mind Lafell, bigger WR with no off field concerns...nice steady vet. I'm pretty sure Lafell signed with Cincy after Hue left...could be wrong, but didnt they sign Lafell when they lost both Marvin Jones and Sanu in FA?

You are correct. My mistake. I will go back and edit.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 07:27 AM

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
Starting my visits next week...I’m coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey

5:04 PM - Aug 9, 2018

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
For real... I wouldn’t mind playing for the browns.. I just want to be right first

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24334...ng-land-see-you

huh...he might be a Brown afterall...not sure how I feel about that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 08:19 AM
funny how he says all this right after we looked good w/Tyrod and Baker
Posted By: BDU Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 08:51 AM

Sort of J/C, sort of responding.

I actually feel bad for Dez. As fans, we should be excited with this level of transparency. It isn't often that a high-profile free agent will reveal his plans moving forward while interacting with fans during preseason games.

Instead, he's somewhat been treated as a distraction because he's shown a willingness to engage at a public level in response to what people want to know.

Dez didn't initially make this public. Dorsey did in stating both his interest in Dez and that Dez had yet return his calls. In response to questions, Dez stated he wanted to get right and was organizing his work outs for next week. He also tweeted about the Cowboys/49ers game, and was both fair and positive in his appraisals of their players: including the kid slated to replace him.

On both counts from both men, that's awesome. It's only a slight peek behind the curtain, but it is nice knowing exactly what is happening and what a guy like Dez is thinking.

As for Dez in the past, I personally see the team's superstar consistently frustrated with a team that consistently underperformed. There are a lot of voices in that building who had his back, and a lot it rubbed the wrong way, but so have the people who rubbed Dez the wrong way.

As to your point, however, I actually agree: Wouldn't shock me at all if Dez is impressed with what he saw and it influenced his decision to come visit. To his credit, he's teased it for a while, but he wouldn't be tweeting about coming to visit if he was underwhelmed.

Most importantly, however: Jarvis Landry seems to want Dez there. After everything I've seen, including his infamous Hard Knocks speech, I'm going to trust Landry having a good idea that the Browns would be bringing in guy who has a lot to offer. Jarvis, at the moment, is on my "not going to question it" list haha.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 10:29 AM
I think Landry just realizes the importance of having other legit threats to balance him out. He's also very emotional, which can be good and bad. We dont' want to go too overboard with the emotional stuff (like we saw him do last night) ... and then also add OTHER emotional players. It's a powder keg waiting to happen.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:14 AM
I hope we don't sign him.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
Starting my visits next week...I’m coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey

5:04 PM - Aug 9, 2018

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24334...ng-land-see-you

huh...he might be a Brown afterall...not sure how I feel about that.

These tweets made no sense.

He says he wants to get right first, then talks about how he rushed things playing injured for the fans... then immediately says he wants to visit next week.

He 'got right' pretty darn quick. lmao.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 12:27 PM
My question is: "How would he know?" Can't see the forest for the baggage and nonsense. But he can catch. Guy is like a shaped charge; great if you can get it to do what you want, when you want, and as you want. But if it goes off wrong, nasty results are probable. All the energy is going somewhere.

Maybe. Hold your nose and win?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:20 PM
Let's try putting on our GM hats for a bit.

Why wouldn't we want/get Mitchell, Maclin, LaFell?

Mitchell - Durability (heard about his knee)?
Maclin - Coming off an injury, maybe not ready?
LaFell - ?

Also, what does us suddenly wanting to work out vet WRs say about the Gordon situation?
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:21 PM
I'm just glad we are entertaining veterans. Seemed like the old regime thought they could just win with rookies.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I'm just glad we are entertaining veterans. Seemed like the old regime thought they could just win with rookies.

Or they were trying to lose.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Let's try putting on our GM hats for a bit.

Why wouldn't we want/get Mitchell, Maclin, LaFell?

Mitchell - Durability (heard about his knee)?
Maclin - Coming off an injury, maybe not ready?
LaFell - ?

Also, what does us suddenly wanting to work out vet WRs say about the Gordon situation?

Maclain reportedly holds a real grudge against Dorsey for cutting him via a text message.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 04:01 PM
Voicemail, but same thing. And he should be upset, that's a pretty unprofessional way to go about your business.

It was like Trent Richardson finding out he got traded on the radio, not by the team.

Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 06:36 PM

He actually said it just as the game started.

I honestly believe that he saw hard knocks and the scene where Josh Gordon was texting Hue and then decided to text Dorsey thinking it would be on the show.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 06:37 PM
J/C

With the immergence of Higgins play, Jarvis, and Callaway looking like he might be a decent third option, I don't think Dez is worth the risk IMO.

I have no doubt he can still contribute, but hes not a Number 1 anymore, and I honestly don't know if he would be able to produce as much as Higgins, And if he can - is that small amount of added production worth the headache?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 06:47 PM
Moreover, is the additional bit he might contribute even going to be significant?

Yes, the idea of Dez on one side with Gordon on the other and Landry in the slot is a nice one, but I really think that growing a guy like Callaway and/or Higgins has much greater value for the long haul. Dez would be a short term rental at the most.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 08:02 PM
j/c

its a slippery slope ... we only have one football and Landry/Gordon will be thrown to a LOT. Duke will get touches, as will Njoku ... plus we still want to run it.

Can Dez handle having 2-3 targets a game?
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I have no doubt he can still contribute, but hes not a Number 1 anymore, and I honestly don't know if he would be able to produce as much as Higgins, And if he can - is that small amount of added production worth the headache?

No.

Can Dez handle having 2-3 targets a game?

Aaaand... no.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 10:47 PM
I wonder if Devante Parker ends up being shopped...They dont seem overly excited down in Miami with him...then again I know he is oft injured

I wouldn't want Parker either. All I remember is that during the draft his mom DID NOT want him coming to Cleveland. He can go elsewhere. I'd rather have Dez and I don't want him either.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:11 PM
I just want our guys to show up and stay healthy, then we dont need these other dudes.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:30 PM
Be fair now!

He never has yet. To keep DB, who do you drop? Temp rental.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

I wouldn't want Parker either. All I remember is that during the draft his mom DID NOT want him coming to Cleveland. He can go elsewhere. I'd rather have Dez and I don't want him either.

I wanted Parker really bad in the draft... dodged that one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:42 PM
anybody else think of another vet WR that's available (or maybe could be?)
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/10/18 11:48 PM
Paul Warfield. I will buy his jersey! Brennan?

Not sure of my answer if it is Dez or bust. . . .
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:07 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Matthews come in for a workout.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/..._14819_26990006
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

I thought he was injured?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:32 AM
Read the article.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:34 AM
Read the article.
tricky situation to read ... he was waived/injured, but claims he's not and can sign anywhere ... physical would be the key
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:53 AM
I'm not sure I'm interested in any veteran WR currently. Although I don't want him, but to be real - Dez is clearly the best available in the list at WR here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent

Landry and Higgins are going to have to get it done. Callaway and Gordon are potential helpers. Then again, seeing our horrible run game in preseason (where defenses are vanilla)... maybe we sign all the FA WRs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 02:04 AM
Brandon Coleman isn't terrible .. he's experienced, has had some success
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 03:50 AM
I think one will become available during cuts that could be a better option than any of the free agents on that list.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 04:27 AM
I’m lightweight surprised as to how many fans want dez, do you not see the wide receiver talent in front of us?

I don’t want a headache, because we already have players.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 07:37 AM
I think one will become available during cuts that could be a better option than any of the free agents on that list.
maybe that's why we have been waiting?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 12:56 PM
I get that most people don't want Dez. I don't either. However, Dorsey has admitted to trying to reach out to him, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of us signing him.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

Yes! And cheaper than Dez "My teammates Hate Me" Bryant.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:05 PM
I’m hoping are final 5 are:

Vice Grips
Meathead
Calloway
Hollywood
Janis

add them to

Njoku
Duke
DeValve

We gots us some weapons dawgs ... thumbsup
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:08 PM
I’m hoping are final 5 are:

Vice Grips Formerly, Miami Vice
Meathead
Calloway
Hollywood
Janis

add them to

Njoku
Duke
DeValve

We gots us some weapons dawgs ... thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 01:57 PM
this may be a real possibility:

Josh Gordon
Jarvis Landry
Dez Bryant
Antonio Callaway
Rashard Higgins
Jeff Janis

Compare that list to last year's
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 02:19 PM
I would be OK with bringing Bryant in for a visit, but he would have to understand that he competes for everything. He won't start, and may only be a situational receiver.He's going to be a great teammate if he wants to be here, and will play within the scheme. Period.

Maybe that all means that he won't sign here ..... and frankly, I am OK whether he is, or not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 03:24 PM
I would be OK with bringing Bryant in for a visit, but he would have to understand that he competes for everything. He won't start, and may only be a situational receiver.He's going to be a great teammate if he wants to be here, and will play within the scheme. Period.

Maybe that all means that he won't sign here ..... and frankly, I am OK whether he is, or not.
My other thought is maybe he's using us as leverage to sign elsewhere? He may say that he wants to be a part of our team, but I really can't see him accepting 2-3 targets per game. Realistically, that's what he'll get.
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 03:39 PM

My other thought is maybe he's using us as leverage to sign elsewhere? He may say that he wants to be a part of our team, but I really can't see him accepting 2-3 targets per game. Realistically, that's what he'll get.

Very realistic... on average. We have to be smart enough, since we have the weapons, to know where the mismatches are. There may be games where he could catch 8 balls and go over 100yds but that would not be a weekly, or even monthly occurrence.

It should be a short visit, that starts with, "hey, we would love to have you, you're a HOFer, but the bottom line is that we have a lot of hungry mouths to feed. If you want to be part of building something special before you ride out into the sunset, lets sit down... If you want to be 'the man' this is probably not the place for you."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

Very realistic... on average. We have to be smart enough, since we have the weapons, to know where the mismatches are. There may be games where he could catch 8 balls and go over 100yds but that would not be a weekly, or even monthly occurrence.

It should be a short visit, that starts with, "hey, we would love to have you, you're a HOFer, but the bottom line is that we have a lot of hungry mouths to feed. If you want to be part of building something special before you ride out into the sunset, lets sit down... If you want to be 'the man' this is probably not the place for you."
agreed.

which other teams would be interested in him? Unless an injury occurs
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 04:04 PM

I don't think many teams are interested. The first thing players, fans, and execs alike probably do when his name is mentioned is sigh and think of the drama. Why is there any reason to think that would change?

Cowboy chief scout Will McClay cited “the inability to win one-on-one, to win down field", as the reason for his departure. The film confirms (for the most part) what he says. Bryant turned down 3 years 21 mil from the Ravens. Where do you really go from there? I bet there a lot of coaches and GMs with their finger crossed, hoping he doesn't call lol.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 04:25 PM
I would never give him 3 years 21 million, so I don't think we'll have a deal
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 05:08 PM
I think you dial back years and dollars. Not in a position to do more than consider. That contract will probably end up sounding very sweet in hindsight. Knowing a number of players will get cut, many receivers may be available. A solid show-us contract might be better for all concerned. Don't think the NFL will beat the doors down for a chance at a bidding war for this guy. Surprised if they do.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 05:09 PM
I'm okay with something like 2 years, 12 million
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 05:10 PM
And have it be like half guaranteed
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 05:18 PM
And have it be like half guaranteed

I think he only wants a 1 year.. which would be fine with me. We need to get through this year first. See what goes on with Gordon and Calloway.. having Dez as a fallback guy in that situation sounds good. Next year we would know more and can act accordingly...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 05:30 PM
Easily would give him 1 year ... it doesn't hurt, especially as insurance for JG/Callaway
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 06:15 PM
Easily would give him 1 year ... it doesn't hurt, especially as insurance for JG/Callaway

I was thinking the same thing. I've been against signing Dez Bryant, but I think he might be on his best behavior if he signs a one year deal because if he isn't his career will be over (for the most part).
Posted By: BleedsOrange Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 06:42 PM
I’d give him a 1 year deal if his mind/body are in the right place. Jarvis will keep the WR room straight so not too worried about added drama.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: BleedsOrange
I’d give him a 1 year deal if his mind/body are in the right place. Jarvis will keep the WR room straight so not too worried about added drama.

I honestly think people are overblowing what Jarvis Landry did on Hard Knocks because they saw it. My guess is that happens all the time with many position groups, we just don't get to see it with our own eyes.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 07:00 PM
Just guessing.

Dorsey is open to trying out anyone who he believes can help the team.

Bryant will have an inflated view of what he thinks he is worth.

Dorsey will have his opinion of what Bryant is worth.

They will not meet common ground.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/11/18 07:55 PM
j/c

We have no real idea if Josh is even coming back. We have no clue whether Calloway will be suspended for games due to the possession charges. It seems more likely than less likely.

As the GM of an NFL team, you don't place your team in the hands of hopes and wishes. I'm in the camp that would prefer Jordan Matthews. I actually wanted him in the draft.

But you can bet we'll sign someone. You don't put your faith on someone that didn't even show up to camp and another whose on his second strike in the NFL. That would just be foolish.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/12/18 10:53 AM
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I've been against signing Dez Bryant, but I think he might be on his best behavior if he signs a one year deal because if he isn't his career will be over (for the most part).

His career is already over. He just doesn't know it yet.
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/12/18 12:45 PM
I am one of the few who thinks Dez has talent and not past his prime.

But I really don't want him here. I think he will talk himself out of an offer. Not the character we truly want here.

But possibly a 1 year contract.

Gordon, predicting he will be here for our game #3 and the rest of the year.

jmho
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 01:43 PM
Trying to put aside any of the baggage that Dez brings. If we could get a Dez Bryant from a couple years back, or close to it. Pair that Dez Bryant with Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry and Davis Njoku. That could be just scary for defenses.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 01:47 PM
Dez is too much of a risk. Especially reading that Jordan Matthews might be available.

This team seems to be going right. Bringing in the drama that Dez has clearly shown he brings is just not worth it.

And, while he might try to be on his "best behavior", i just don't see it happening.
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 02:09 PM
I am in on Dez Bryant. Even if he gives us less than expected......Gordon, Dez, Landry would give us the best chance for Tyrod and Baker to succeed....and don't come in here and tell me Callaway because he isn't even close to any of their levels.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 02:16 PM
I love to think about a red zone offense with Gordon, Landry, Njoku, and Bryant. Use either Duke as the RB, or Callaway as a 4th receiver ......

That is a serious collection of weapons.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 03:56 PM
I am in on Dez Bryant. Even if he gives us less than expected......Gordon, Dez, Landry would give us the best chance for Tyrod and Baker to succeed....and don't come in here and tell me Callaway because he isn't even close to any of their levels.

I'm taking Callaway over Dez.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 05:55 PM
I find a loaded double slot on one side interesting and intriguing. Get creative.

Don't get me started on screens. We are full of good reasons to do more of that!
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 06:12 PM

Not anytime soon. Callaway is a guy you throw screens to, simple routes you know he can run. He is not an everyday player who can be trusted to make sight adjustments.

Then again maybe Dez isn't either but we know Dez can play against starters in this league. We do not know that about Callawy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 06:17 PM
Callaway will be much better with less attention on him IMO. We can't rely on him. Put him on the field w/Gordon, Landry, and Njoku/Duke ... and he's better
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 06:20 PM
No offense bud, but that is outright delusional. The guy missed all of last year and was specifically called out for poor route running by the play by play guys this past week!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:10 PM

I am as well.
The reasons are as simple as money, team chemistry, and drama in the short term, and player & team development in the long term.

If Dez is here, one of the younger kids isn't, and like 2017, the 2018 season isn't about this year. Last season was the last part of the teardown and a (crappy) bridge to beginning to build the team and 2018 is the first season of that building. We have no use for a short term, short-sighted rental of a head case. For veterans, we only need guys that are going to be around and be positive team members, mentors, and leaders.... and Dez is not ANY of that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:12 PM
I'm not so sure. We hadn't even gotten to our first preseason game before Calloway created drama. He missed all of last year and so far he seems not to have learned from it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:14 PM
I'll take this blip of drama over Cicque du Dez any day.
Posted By: brownieforlife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure if we sign Dez, Gordon never wears Orange and Brown again.

I think Dez is as close to Gordon on the open market as is out there and would fit into what Haley was dreaming about when he signed on to coach here.

Yes, Dez has been full of drama. I wonder if the HUGE dose of humble pie may change that? I'd expect as much.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:28 PM
Dez is average at this stage of his career compared the Gordon ... JMHO superconfused
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:31 PM
Dez is average at this stage of his career compared the Gordon ... JMHO superconfused

Don't you mean the Gordon of 2013? That was five seasons ago. Nobody knows what we have in him now. So far we have him missing training camp and preseason. The same type of Josh we've had from 2014-2018.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/13/18 07:32 PM
The talent is there but I have to agree we need to see him on the field ...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:24 PM
Dez Bryant is scheduled to meet with the Cleveland Browns this Thursday per sources. #Browns

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1029433517795622913
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:25 PM
Hard Knocks week 3 will be interesting
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:26 PM
Interesting timing ... wonder if he has other meetings scheduled first ...

If not, why are they waiting til thursday ... if hes going to sign or anyone that’s available right now for that matter ... time is of the essence ... the sooner the better ...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Dez Bryant is scheduled to meet with the Cleveland Browns this Thursday per sources. #Browns

Last public practice is Wednesday, Gordon arrives Wednesday night or Thursday morning smile
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Last public practice is Wednesday, Gordon arrives Wednesday night or Thursday morning smile

Then they cancel the meeting with Dez ...

Thanks for clearing the timing issue up for me Purp ... thumbsup
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Then they cancel the meeting with Dez ...

Thanks for clearing the timing issue up for me Purp ... thumbsup

**Note: It is purely my guess as to when Gordon arrives, not stating that as fact.... but, it makes sense to me smile
Posted By: BpG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:44 PM
As bad as we’ve been in the redzone for the past 10 years, I would not be upset at all to see Gordon, Dez and Landry on the field 1st and goal from the 10.

I could not care less how much money they spend after hoarding cap space for 5 years and doing nothing but losing almost every single game they played.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 06:45 PM
Your Welcome would have sufficed ... wink
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 11:10 PM
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordon, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordo, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.
we may be signing him to fill Gordon's
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 11:37 PM
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordo, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.

Or Callaway's to be truthful. This dude wants to get paid, and I simply don't want to give him near what he's likely wanting. Maybe we're so deep in the season now that he's willing to sign cheap to latch onto a team before regular season.

But... even at the price of cheap, I myself am not sure I could get behind the signing. I just don't like Dez as a person.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/14/18 11:44 PM

Or Callaway's to be truthful. This dude wants to get paid, and I simply don't want to give him near what he's likely wanting. Maybe we're so deep in the season now that he's willing to sign cheap to latch onto a team before regular season.

But... even at the price of cheap, I myself am not sure I could get behind the signing. I just don't like Dez as a person.
Simple solution: don't sign him until after week 1 so his contract isn't guaranteed ... and he may be held more accountable that way too
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:00 AM
Money shouldn't be a big issue, we have plenty of cap.

If we want him and he wants us, sign him up. Landry owns our WR room, so will put Dez in his place if there's a problem. And I don't know if Bryant wants to rock the boat at this stage of his career.
Posted By: Dave Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:11 AM
At this point I'd like a WR who wants to play, which apparently excludes Gordon.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 04:55 AM
I recall reading somewhere the Browns will be bringing WRs in for visits this week...does anyone know of anyone else besides Dez Bryant?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 06:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
At this point I'd like a WR who wants to play, which apparently excludes Gordon.

You can't say that. The guys is being treated for addiction. Nothing I've seen indicates he doesn't want to play, nothing. I'm in the camp that they are keeping him from Hard Knocks scrutiny. He probably did need to revisit therapy but it could be a combo of both things. We will never know.

Almost all talking heads have confirmed it's not a failed test issue, so what more do you want? Everyone wishes he was in camp, but I doubt that being in shape will be an issue, just mechanics and he put a lot of work in on that during the off season.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 10:10 AM
It almost seems like this is playing out to be a "Josh Gordon makes his grand entrance" for the finale of this season's Hard Knocks. Public practices done, he'll only have to deal with a day or so of the HK cameras, and HBO will have a story.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 10:18 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
It almost seems like this is playing out to be a "Josh Gordon makes his grand entrance" for the finale of this season's Hard Knocks. Public practices done, he'll only have to deal with a day or so of the HK cameras, and HBO will have a story.
I do find it pretty odd that things have been so quiet about him for the past two weeks or so ... it's like nobody is asking about him, reporting on him, etc.
Posted By: Dave Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 11:13 AM
Quote:
Almost all talking heads have confirmed it's not a failed test issue, so what more do you want? Everyone wishes he was in camp, but I doubt that being in shape will be an issue, just mechanics and he put a lot of work in on that during the off season.

New OC, new offense, new QBs, new teammates - I think Gordon needs to be in camp.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I do find it pretty odd that things have been so quiet about him for the past two weeks or so ... it's like nobody is asking about him, reporting on him, etc.

Hopefully it means the media is pretty sure he is coming back and has prepped articles already for when the news is confirmed. fingerscrossed
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 11:57 AM
Hue Jackson says Dez Bryant and the Browns both have to 'feel good about' Thursday's visit to get a deal done

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s...art_river_index
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

New OC, new offense, new QBs, new teammates - I think Gordon needs to be in camp.

At first, I was going to concur with this comment and then gripe a little bit about Josh Gordon like I usually do. But then... I thought about it and changed my mind.

Respectfully Dave, it doesn't matter whether or not Josh Gordon is in camp.

Consider Gordon's history over the last four seasons. For two of those seasons, he was a total no-show. In the other two seasons, he showed up for five games each year. During those ten games, he was chubby, out of shape, apathetic, didn't know the playbook, didn't know his route trees, didn't bother running crisp, precise routes anyway, and severely under-performed relative to his potential.

This is the real Josh Gordon - when Josh can't self medicate to deal with his performance anxiety disorder. He's just not a very motivated and capable player. His anxiety demons tear him down.

So if Josh doesn't know his playbook, doesn't know his routes, doesn't care about running good routes anyway, doesn't grind and practice and play hard - what difference does it make whether or not he shows up for training camp?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:20 PM
Quote:
The guys is being treated for addiction.

Can you prove that? Gordon said he was going to seek counseling, but the videos he was releasing were about his daily workouts.
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:22 PM

Looks like we will give him an offer...unless he talks his way out of this. I got a feeling it will be a 1 year show me offer...the guy is just 29 if I heard correctly from Hard Knocks...I think he will be a Brown.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:26 PM
I wonder if Hard Knocks will show the Browns meeting w/Dez? That might be fascinating to watch. LOL
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 12:32 PM
Yeah I'm so glad wed are doing this Hard KNocks gig...I am truly learning a lot. I'm more impressed with TT and I really like Hue more as well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 02:08 PM
I wonder if Hard Knocks will show the Browns meeting w/Dez? That might be fascinating to watch. LOL
I think that's what Dez hopes .. I think he's drawn to us for a few reasons:

he is becoming desperate to find a team before week 1 (salary is still guaranteed)
he loves the attention and Hard Knocks brings it
he is intrigued by our QBs and roster
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 02:33 PM
I think that's what Dez hopes .. I think he's drawn to us for a few reasons:

he is becoming desperate to find a team before week 1 (salary is still guaranteed)
he loves the attention and Hard Knocks brings it
he is intrigued by our QBs and roster

Personally, i'm not particularly interested in having him here. I like the guys on our team now. Landry, Higgins, Callaway, Njoku, DeValve, Duke Johnson. Hopefully Josh Gordon soon

We can only throw the ball so much a game. Dez Bryant cares a lot more about himself than the betterment of this team as a whole. And i don't think he has the capability of keeping his mouth shut and being on his best behavior when he's only getting one or two passes thrown to him a game.

He's a big name who isn't that good and he'll be a distraction. I don't want him in a locker room with a guy on the rise like Callaway
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 03:36 PM
we have the cap, it'll be a 1 year deal...with the status of AC and JG, it would make sense to bring him in and avoid having to scramble in a month with we find out 2 of our receivers are suspended.. I'm also interested in Hankins coming in
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 04:57 PM
I see both sides of the Dez situation. Our WR room could be very crowded if Gordon comes back and Callaway doesn't mess up. Dez would probably become very unhappy and could poison the team.

On the other hand, I think it's not a stretch to wonder if Josh will come back and play all year and if Callaway can stay on the straight and narrow. C. Coleman has been traded. That unit would be looking very thin and teams would double and triple team Landry.

This is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Browns needing to sign someone just to cover their butts. Maybe Maclin or Matthews?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 05:24 PM
I see both sides of the Dez situation. Our WR room could be very crowded if Gordon comes back and Callaway doesn't mess up. Dez would probably become very unhappy and could poison the team.

On the other hand, I think it's not a stretch to wonder if Josh will come back and play all year and if Callaway can stay on the straight and narrow. C. Coleman has been traded. That unit would be looking very thin and teams would double and triple team Landry.

This is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Browns needing to sign someone just to cover their butts. Maybe Maclin or Matthews?

Your first point is definitely true. My first response would be to say a crowded WR room is a problem I wouldn't mind having for once, but it is something we should avoid, if we can. I guess this FO is confident we'll get Gordon back and playing sooner rather than later.

I'm definitely with you regarding the other FA WRs. Maclin, Matthews, or LaFell, please.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 05:42 PM
I believe our team history would dictate that a crowded WR room is better than a weak one.

I don't believe they will depend on those who haven't proven themselves dependable to this point to lay there future and the teams success on. If they do, shame on them. Their job is to create a successful WR group. Not act like pie eyed fans who live in wishes, whims and hopes of things that may never be.

My vote would be Matthews but I really have zero say in the matter.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 05:58 PM

Jordan Matthews is someone i wanted in FA (along with Pryor)

Maclin wouldn't be a bad option either.

Big difference between those guys and Dez Bryant. Neither needed a babysitter when they came into the league.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 06:20 PM

Mary Kay Cabot
‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot
23m23 minutes ago

Mary Kay Cabot Retweeted Dan Labbe

The #Browns have no immediate plans to sign ex-#Buckeyes Johnathan Hankins, who worked out for them today, I'm told. Woodson is it for now.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I believe our team history would dictate that a crowded WR room is better than a weak one.

I don't believe they will depend on those who haven't proven themselves dependable to this point to lay there future and the teams success on. If they do, shame on them. Their job is to create a successful WR group. Not act like pie eyed fans who live in wishes, whims and hopes of things that may never be.

My vote would be Matthews but I really have zero say in the matter.

I keep seeing you guys throwing out the names of Maclin, Mathews and even Hankins.

Why r these guys still playing with their puppies in Mid August?

I'm curious. Don't know WHY. Do you or anyone know?

Indy released Hankins because they went to a 4-3. Hmmm.

In about 3 weeks theirs going to be 1200 guys cut. ALL AT ONCE.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 07:40 PM
Maybe they know what those guys bring to the table. If a team gets desperate enough they'll sign one. However, it might be better value to find a diamond in the rough. More than likely the guys you named could just slide into the rotation without the nuances of training camp.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 08:21 PM
I read a post on Twitter showing how we looked against the NYG in a spread formation in the opening drive ... I couldn't help but think how we'd look with Gordon and Dez in the fold
Think about this in the red zone
Gordon/Dez at WR
Landry/Duke at Slot
Njoku Tight to the line
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 08:21 PM
then pepper in Hyde, Chubb, Higgins, and Callaway
Posted By: kwhip Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 09:02 PM
Maybe they know what those guys bring to the table. If a team gets desperate enough they'll sign one. However, it might be better value to find a diamond in the rough. More than likely the guys you named could just slide into the rotation without the nuances of training camp.

WHO knows what they bring?
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 09:22 PM
J/C

I heard on one of the sports talk shows, maybe it was Chris Carter on FS1, not sure, that the WR skill set the Browns are missing at this point is an outside receiver who can be physical in the red zone. That's a somewhat less than full description of what Gordon does as he can beat you from anywhere on the field. But it sounds like a perfect description of Bryant's traits.

Honest question. Is this description of the void in the receiving corp the correct one? What do Maclin or Mathews offer on the field? Can either of them fill the role I describe or am I even describing the missing skill set correctly?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 09:39 PM
I actually prefer big WR's that make better targets in the red zone as a part of the WR group and don't count on WR's that aren't here. WR's like Jordon Matthews and a guy like Eric Decker both fit into that category.

In all honestly, I'm not sure if Matthews has even healed from his hamstring injury. But that was back in April so I would think it has healed by now.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 10:21 PM
I actually prefer big WR's that make better targets in the red zone as a part of the WR group and don't count on WR's that aren't here. WR's like Jordon Matthews and a guy like Eric Decker both fit into that category.

In all honestly, I'm not sure if Matthews has even healed from his hamstring injury. But that was back in April so I would think it has healed by now.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You guys throw FAMILIAR NAMES out there but have no idea what their personal situations are.

Lack of $ offer? Injury? Out of FOOTBALL SHAPE? Who knows? NFL FO's know.

Same with Hankins.
Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/15/18 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
J/C

I heard on one of the sports talk shows, maybe it was Chris Carter on FS1, not sure, that the WR skill set the Browns are missing at this point is an outside receiver who can be physical in the red zone. That's a somewhat less than full description of what Gordon does as he can beat you from anywhere on the field. But it sounds like a perfect description of Bryant's traits.

Honest question. Is this description of the void in the receiving corp the correct one? What do Maclin or Mathews offer on the field? Can either of them fill the role I describe or am I even describing the missing skill set correctly?

Wouldn't this be the perfect role for Terrell Owens...Big Physical, sure handed receiver who would excel in the red zone....While he might have lost a step, and therefore, isn't the home run threat that he used to be; but as a situational player, filling the role you're talking about, I think he could be that guy...

And honestly, his last couple stops in the league, idk where, but he wasn't the attention diva he was earlier in his career....
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:12 AM
On a purely hypothetical level yes, that'a the type of receiver TO would be.

Coming out of the clouds... no GM in their right mind would sign a 40 something TO whose been out of football more than 5 years with his reputation while failing to sign a 20 something Bryant who did play last season, even with his reputation. Oh, by the way we just gave away a 1st round WR for as close to nothing as you can get. Not suggesting that it was a mistake to ship Corey Coleman out of town but TO is not at all a serious option.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:20 AM
Hell no to TO. He would cause way more problems than Dez would. And isn't he 44 or something like that? LOL
Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:25 AM
This might sound crazy.....but in all seriousness, I'm pretty certain that Dez Bryant would be more of a distraction/locker-room-malcontent, then TO could ever be at this point in their careers...

TO would just be happy to get back into The League. Though, if, by some act of god, we were to sneak into the postseason; then I could almost guarantee that there would be some kind of foot-in-mouth-incident with regard to Owens..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:34 AM
Sorry, but it does sound crazy.
Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:42 AM
just being devils advocate.....putting it out there..
Posted By: Dave Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:49 AM
Did you ever happen to see a well past his prime Muhammad Ali fight Larry Holmes at his peak? It wasn't pretty. T.O was great in his time, but his time is long gone. Guys get old really fast in the NFL.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 01:56 AM
Is Reggie Langhorne available? I think he could help us.
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 03:58 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Is Reggie Langhorne available? I think he could help us.

Dave Logan would be much more physical in the red zone.
Posted By: Swish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 04:06 AM

im in support of signing Dez, but listening to jennings break down the stats about our WR's was depressing.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:24 AM
Good clip. They got the bit about Dez being ranked 29th wrong though. The strategist on hard knocks was referring to his age.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:24 AM
The stats of our receivers was from last year. This is a different team, different players. You know, in order for a WR to record a catch the ball has to be thrown to him by his QB. That goes for all of them. The QB last year was Kizer. Or Kessler and Hogan for a game each. You can't look at that group and it's WR production and project it to this years team with the recent upgrades. It doesn't make any sense to do that.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:25 AM
Well he is or was to meet with the Browns. And really think that a go to W.R. is needed for the QB's to throw.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 12:26 PM
You're right. However, one can still judge players individually and our WRs were horrid last year.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 02:00 PM
Is he here yet?
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 02:25 PM
j/c...

I'm tired of us over reaching for big WRs who just don't cut it. I like the ilk of Landry and Calloway. As for big WR Njoku can take that role as he does line up in WR type of positions now. Fells can become the big body TE and we got Devalve also. Haley seems up on Fells.

We aren't this desperate team. We do need to make up for Coleman as far as numbers go. Gordon only if he doesn't come back by game 3.

Dez is a good pick up but not out of desperation...cause he can help the team in the Red Zone. If its a matter of reps and he gets hairy, we can always drop him.

jmho
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 03:56 PM
I am all for bringing in Dez. I think it is basically a no risk move.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

With our Browns, everything is a risky move
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

With our Browns, everything is a risky move

Especially free agent WRs.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 04:29 PM
It is risk free since we owe him nothing and do not have to put him on the roster or keep him there.
Posted By: DIEHARD Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:01 PM
Josh Cribbs is already in camp coaching (I think?). Can't someone just slap a helmet on him?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:03 PM
Dez is here, just signed stuff at the airport
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: kwhip

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You guys throw FAMILIAR NAMES out there but have no idea what their personal situations are.

Lack of $ offer? Injury? Out of FOOTBALL SHAPE? Who knows? NFL FO's know.

Same with Hankins.

No, I'm making suggestions of WR's we may be able to take a look at. That's exactly what you asked for. And you asked why we mentioned them which I explained to you. You can stop acting like you have some superiority complex any time now. lmao
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:22 PM
It is risk free since we owe him nothing and do not have to put him on the roster or keep him there.

The moment the first game of the season begins, his salary is fully guaranteed for the year regardless of what we do with him.

Now, since he wants a 1-year deal to showcase himself for next year's free agency, you can expect he will try to ball-out, BUT you can also bet that he will begin to squawk loudly if he feels he isn't getting enough targets to give him the stats he wants for that next run at free agency. He will NOT be content being merely a team player; he will want to be featured.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:27 PM
Good post and your point about him making noise if he isn't getting the ball enough is what makes me somewhat hesitant in wanting us to sign him.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
Josh Cribbs is already in camp coaching (I think?). Can't someone just slap a helmet on him?

Well he was the last Browns WR to play in the Pro Bowl laugh
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 05:54 PM
Even more loyal to himself to a fault for this season. I would expect that. We could use his output for yards and points, but that carries a price tag as well. I do not want to squawk and rant and carry on with sideline crap. Just need less drama and more focus.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:01 PM
Good post and your point about him making noise if he isn't getting the ball enough is what makes me somewhat hesitant in wanting us to sign him.

Won't matter. We have $$ to burn on players like Dez.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:17 PM
I really think Baker would work well with Dez for some reason. I think the fire Baker has would mix well with someone like Dez. He seems to have a way of resonating with players on his team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:41 PM

Nathan Zegura
‏Verified account @NathanZegura
16m16 minutes ago

Well thats one of the perks of being in the building! @DezBryant just crashed @Browns_Daily and said “What’s up Cleveland!” Went on to say he likes the city, thinks he would look good back in orange and “we are just trying to work some things out.”
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 06:54 PM
I'm sure Haslam will take the hit for the team if its a problem. Not quite sure how disruptive he will be. As for his talent, its still there...he did not play bad last year. HIm and Dak just were not on the same page.

As long as we think we can keep his mouth in order Its a good thing.

jmho
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 07:09 PM
Dudes a POS diva I want NO WHERE NEAR OUR PUPS ....

Forget the fact hes washed up ... he does not creat separation anymore .... he never created a ton now he creates zero ...

I really hope we don’t sign this dude ...

If u trust your son then so do I ... but i watched a ton of him over the last two years ... and what i saw tells me your son has some cowboy colored lenses hes looking through .... wink
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:03 PM

Daryl Ruiter
‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN
16m16 minutes ago

The fact Dez Bryant’s agent also is in Cleveland seems to be a good sign for #Browns
5 replies 16 retweets 51 likes
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:10 PM

Daryl Ruiter
16m16 minutes ago

The fact Dez Bryant’s agent also is in Cleveland seems to be a good sign for #Browns

Daryl and I clearly have varying interpretations of the term "good sign"
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:11 PM
Either he's signing here or using us big time
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Daryl Ruiter
16m16 minutes ago

Daryl and I clearly have varying interpretations of the term "good sign"
brownie
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:12 PM
I could go either way on Dez Bryant and understand both points of view.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 08:20 PM

This actually speaks volumes about the way I feel. On a personal note I don't really like the idea of Dez in Cleveland. You run the risk of Dez having an impact that offsets everything positive that Landry can do to help our young WR's.

On the other hand, with the looming question of Gordon's return, a possible suspension of Calloway and Coleman now gone, I understand the teams desire to snatch up the best available talent they feel is available on the market.

When a position of what appeared to be strength to where it appears to be now, I would be somewhat disappointed if they weren't looking to make a move. It's not the move I would prefer, but I understand it.

I also understand what people are saying when they say, "I trust when the FO says Josh is coming back". Yet I feel they must remember that Hue and the FO are basing that entirely on the words of Josh. Looking back at his history here, I'm not sure I'd trust anything based strictly on what he says.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:37 PM

I cannot go either way... but I do understand both points of view.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:46 PM
I didnt see this pic posted.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:47 PM

I believe this was taken in the airport before the meeting took place.

Why would someone want a player who is not even on the Browns to sign a Browns helmet?
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:52 PM
Because he or she wants that person to play for the Browns and they think this might help the process?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Because he or she wants that person to play for the Browns and they think this might help the process?

Weird.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 09:54 PM
That's some pretty backwards thinking but I guess anything is possible. I mean I've been to Browns games, so....
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 10:15 PM

Why would someone want a player who is not even on the Browns to sign a Browns helmet?

Because Dorsey put the contract on it.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 10:54 PM
It would be a rare item down the road if he did not sign. If Dez signs somewhere else, is a multi time all pro and goes into the HOF. They might have something valuable in 20-30 years.
Posted By: FATE Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 11:20 PM

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
7m7 minutes ago

No Dez Bryant-Cleveland Browns deal expected tonight, per source. The two sides will continue talking and “will know more tomorrow.”
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 11:48 PM

Adam Schefter
7m7 minutes ago

No Dez Bryant-Cleveland Browns deal expected tonight, per source. The two sides will continue talking and “will know more tomorrow.”

From a very trusted source.

I'm sort of just prepping myself for the Dez signing. I truly believe it's right around the corner.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/16/18 11:53 PM

Adam Schefter
7m7 minutes ago

I'm sort of just prepping myself for the Dez signing. I truly believe it's right around the corner.

It’s just part of the Oklahoma invasion. We’re taking over! Bwa-ha-ha-ha
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 01:06 AM
I can see him leaving and using us as leverage honestly
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 01:08 AM
Yep, could be.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 01:25 AM

Who else is trying to sign him?? I heard of the Ravens early in the off season and haven't heard anything else
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 01:32 AM
When he tweeted last week he said he was making "visits" plural. Haven't read of any other teams since.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 02:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
When he tweeted last week he said he was making "visits" plural. Haven't read of any other teams since.

Yeah, it's almost safe to say he's not really drawn much attention.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 02:26 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

Who else is trying to sign him?? I heard of the Ravens early in the off season and haven't heard anything else

After the Ravens offered him Crabtree money 3 years 21 mill...and he declined the deal, I haven't heard nothing from him and that was several months ago.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 04:30 AM

After the Ravens offered him Crabtree money 3 years 21 mill...and he declined the deal, I haven't heard nothing from him and that was several months ago.

Wow ... That's good money for a guy of his tender who has lost a step or two in his giddy up!
Posted By: kwhip Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 09:46 AM

Everything I'm reading says he has no other scheduled visits.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 10:39 AM
It sounds like, at the moment, we need each other.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 11:43 AM
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

Wow ... That's good money for a guy of his tender who has lost a step or two in his giddy up!

He hasn’t even lost 1/2 a step ... hell not even a 1/4 of a step ...

Just ask him ... he’ll tell you .... rofl ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 11:44 AM
It sounds like, at the moment, we need each other.

Didn’t know we needed an over the hill diva ..

To each there own ...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 11:57 AM
We could add Ocho Plinko as well! The Over the Hill Gang rides again.

Fingers crossed on this one.
Posted By: Jester Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 12:04 PM
IF you are going there, I'd add TO
HOF caliber Wr and supposedly still runs a 4.4 smile
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

No No No..

He ran a 4.3 just last week ...

Ask him ... he’ll tell U ... *L* ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 12:43 PM
I want to add something to this discussion. Dez is a diva, but he is not like TO in the locker room. TO was all about "me, me, me." While Dez has a big ego, he was more about the team winning. He's a very passionate guy and not the smartest guy around.

I do think it's quite likely he would complain if he isn't getting enough touches and we don't need that. However, if Gordon doesn't return, we would probably be smart to sign Dez.

It's really a tough call. It's just too bad we have to deal Gordon's drama. It would be nice if that particular diva would make his mind up.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 12:53 PM
At this point i’d Take Dez over TO ... in there primes TO in a heartbeat ... he was a bigger, faster, stronger version of Dez ... so i’ll Give u that ... *L* ...

Its a shame about Josh on many levels ... dudes got issues ... pulling for him to get it together for his kids sakes ... they need a dad ... its more than likely a long shot but here’s to hoping .. good luck josh ...

I’d rather roll with Landry, Higgins, Calloway, Njoku, DeValve and Duke than throw this jack ass into the mix ... hes a BAD INFLUENCE .. i’d Rather see some youngins with potential there ...

I’m guessing he’ll get signed today ... when that happens ... i’ll hop on board ... from a strictly talent standpoint he does improve the room ... i’ll Focus on that ...

Lets hope it works out ... i’d Imagine Dorseys playing hard ball with him as he has very little to no other interest ... we’ll see ...
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 12:54 PM
Quote:
It's really a tough call. It's just too bad we have to deal Gordon's drama. It would be nice if that particular diva would make his mind up.

And this is why we should've made sure to bring Pryor back to Cleveland. Everyone knew Gordon was a risk. Pryor was the most sensible insurance policy...good competition for Corey to get the #3 spot, if Gordon was all in. And if Gordon went MIA, he had a similar skillset at the position. Not to mention the good rapport with Hue. That was our biggest fail in the offseason, IMO...even considering our hole at LT.
Posted By: eotab Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 01:52 PM

Regardless Brown or not he is a big name, although I get it on the why Brown's helmet, of course this person has no inside info...lol laugh

Dez is actually a lot more talented then he is being credited with. The love affair with the media and DAK has tainted Dez, my son a big time Dallas fan. Has broken film down for me and has shown, DAK isn't as good as he is being portrayed. Dez did a lot of good things and was ignored or had some bad throws to him by DAK...his routes are good hands hasn't changed and he gets separation.

jmho
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 02:20 PM
HOF caliber Wr and supposedly still runs a 4.4 in High Heels smile

Fixed that for ya
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 02:57 PM
That mt be downhill with a winch and a tailwind.

Went there.
I am back. rolleyesdevil
Posted By: BADdog Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
Quote:

And this is why we should've made sure to bring Pryor back to Cleveland. Everyone knew Gordon was a risk. Pryor was the most sensible insurance policy...good competition for Corey to get the #3 spot, if Gordon was all in. And if Gordon went MIA, he had a similar skillset at the position. Not to mention the good rapport with Hue. That was our biggest fail in the offseason, IMO...even considering our hole at LT.

Not really he is pretty banged up and his coach is pissed he is talking about it. https://www.richmond.com/sports/ap/jets-...8a454b113a.html
Posted By: bonefish Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:01 PM

Bryant wants a one year "prove it" deal.

I don't see how that can hurt.

He is out of Dallas and the drama attached.

To prove it Dez will be on good behavior. He has talent. He is not over the hill.

Higgins has made good progress. We know what what Landry will do. Callaway has the potential. Gordon?

If Bryant fits into the room and understands he has to prove what he can do. I am fine with that.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:10 PM

Only when being chased by bill collectors.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:22 PM

As if we're not his last resort.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:24 PM

Only when being chased by bill collectors.

Maybe downhill with a tail wind.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 03:40 PM

Adam Schefter
7m7 minutes ago

Ahem** Baker is a Texan. brownie
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 04:40 PM
Dez Bryant's visit with the #Browns ended without a deal, per source. Door not closed yet, though.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1030489036916441090
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 04:43 PM
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Dez Bryant's visit with the Browns ended late Friday morning, but the two sides will continue to talk, a league source told cleveland.com.

Bryant and his agent, Kim Miale of Roc Nation arrived in Cleveland on Thursday afternoon and stayed through Friday morning. A league source told cleveland.com that Miale and Browns GM John Dorsey spoke again on Friday morning and the two sides will continue their discussions.

Bryant was excited about the visit, which included time spent at the Browns facility on Thursday and dinner that night. Likewise, the Browns were impressed with him, but it was more a chance for the two sides to get acquainted and see if it was a fit.

One league source told cleveland.com early Friday morning that a deal was not expected today.

The Browns host the Bills tonight at FirstEnergy Stadium.

During the visit to the Browns' facility, Bryant stopped by the Browns' in-house radio studio and made a surprise appearance on Cleveland Browns Daily.

"I'm happy to be here, you know excited, you know just trying to work out some things,'' Bryant said.

Bryant added that "it's a lovely place.''

When host Nathan Zegura observed that Bryant looked good in orange at Oklahoma State, he said, "yeah, I did. I'd still look good in the brown. We'll see."

Bryant became intrigued by the Browns during the premiere episode of Hard Knocks, which may have helped inspire him to make the visit. He tweeted that Jarvis Landry's speech about toughness and no days off gave him chills, and it provides a peek behind the Browns' curtain.

Bryant has also had Browns player such as Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield saying how much they'd love to have him.

"That would be awesome,'' Taylor said last week. "I've said this before. We know what type of talent Dez brings to the football field. He's been a very, very good player in his time throughout this league and he adds talent to the wide receiver room.

"I hope it can get done, but like I said that's up to management. I definitely think he could help this team."

Mayfield, a Texas native, also said early in camp that he'd love to add the three-time Pro Bowler.

"We have talent in that room so we're expecting somebody to step up, but obviously any time you talk about bringing in a guy like that from Texas, that's pretty exciting,'' Mayfield said. "He's a good player and so we'll see what happens but for now, we're good with what we have."

Dorsey has also praised Bryant.

"I look at Dez as a very competitive, passionate person,'' he said. "That's how I look at a Dez Bryant."

If things continue to progress, he could be looking at him a lot more.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/dez_bryants_visit_with_browns.html
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 04:48 PM
Dez Bryant's visit with the #Browns ended without a deal, per source. Door not closed yet, though.

My guess is that the role offered to Bryant doesn’t align with his perceived talent level. If he wants to get paid again he needs a more prominent role than is available with us. There aren’t enough passes for him with Landry, Njoku, Johnson, etc.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 05:37 PM
My guess:

- We said we may bring you back after week 1 if nobody else wants you and you still want to play

- Contract then becomes un-guaranteed and we can cut him anytime
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 05:39 PM

Mostly closed, hopefully.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 05:41 PM
J/C

This is a well reasoned explanation for why Dez hasn't signed immediately following his initial visit.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 05:47 PM
Talks between Bryant, his agent and the team continued today...

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1030486382291103745

Dez Talks Continue

Daryl Ruiter
✔
@RuiterWrongFAN
Talks between Dez Bryant & #Browns continue today; Bryant & his agent stayed overnight

10:07 AM - Aug 17, 2018
71 people are talking about this
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 06:23 PM
Dez is looking for a long term contract and the Brown’s aren’t. So it’s up to Dorsey to find common ground if he wants him.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Dez is looking for a long term contract and the Brown’s aren’t. So it’s up to Dorsey to find common ground if he wants him.
I would hesitate to sign Dez to anything more than a one year deal...I guess we shall see.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 06:49 PM
I would hesitate to sign Dez to anything more than a one year deal...I guess we shall see.

Me too. If even that.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 06:59 PM

I don't think at this point Dez is looking for a long term deal. The timing of his release from Dallas stunted his opportunities for a big signing. At this point a one year deal that allows him to rehabilitate his reputation would put him in a stronger position during next season's FA period.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 07:03 PM
We know he doesn't want a long term deal. He wants a one year "show me" deal.

I wonder if he'll be at the game tonight.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 07:15 PM
Then somebody forgot to tell PerfectSpiral, LOL.
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 07:43 PM
Quote:
Not really he is pretty banged up and his coach is pissed he is talking about it.

Yes, because Pryor would've broken his ankle in Jets OTAs after the Browns signed him in free agency. notallthere
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 07:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
We know he doesn't want a long term deal. He wants a one year "show me" deal.

I wonder if he'll be at the game tonight.
no didnt they say he left?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/17/18 10:37 PM
If they do sign him, Browns should do a 2 year deal. If year 1 works out, you got him for one more additional year without contract negotiations. If it doesn't, work the contract so cutting him year 2 won't hurt the cap too much.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/18/18 04:10 AM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

Adam Schefter
7m7 minutes ago

No self-respecting Texan would claim someone that wore crimson and creme to beat them in their own house!
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Dez Bryant Anyone? - 08/18/18 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

Adam Schefter
7m7 minutes ago

No self-respecting Texan would claim someone that wore crimson and creme to beat them in their own house!

this new generation; you just cant instill the loyalty anymore. smile

And especially Zero U
© DawgTalkers.net