Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Iluv again:

Quote:
show me a losing franchise and i will show you guys like Gordon Calloway and Coleman who put partying above trying to be a asset to the franchise

It's not about pot. It's about commitment to professionalism. Probably intelligence too.

If I was talented enough to play in the NFL, I'd easily give up pot and follow the rules for a few years.

This a chink in Dorsey's armor. Not that the Haslams care.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not talking about Calloway here. But are you suggesting we not draft a great talent because he likes strip clubs? Not illegal nor against the rules. So since you don't like his hobby we should ignore his talent?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm not talking about Calloway here. But are you suggesting we not draft a great talent because he likes strip clubs? Not illegal nor against the rules. So since you don't like his hobby we should ignore his talent?

Just curious.... is there any irony in this post and to whom it was replied to?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's funny as hell. I was trying to see how far down that rabbit hole he was willing to go. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hats off to those setting the bar.

We want to change the culture; I suspect this is not what we were going for. I imagine a TC without this black eyed culture. Appalling! Thank God HBO gets a little extra treat.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I'm not a smoker, but with the on going legalization of weed, just let those dudes play ball...

Goodness..

Worry more about getting the women beaters out of the league.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
1st String
1st String
D

Although I am not surprised by this.... I'm glad it has happened during camp. The team can address this issue without it being a big distraction. Its a shame that the timing of this is on the heal of trading Coleman and the promotion of this young player.

I will assume the Browns will sign another veteran receiver over the next few weeks.

Just the dawg in me..........
Legend
Legend
#Browns Antonio Callaway just had his car shipped here from Florida and hadn't used it in awhile. Others had. Didn't realize there was marijuana in it, source says

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/in...impression=true

If true he needs new friends.

Last edited by Pdawg; 08/07/18 06:22 PM.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
i agree PitDawg with you...you cant expect a team of choirboys. its about talent....
but when talent walks through Berea they should live breathe sleep trying to win and master their position.
personally could care less what players do after hours.
but how many players have the Browns had come through Berea and really cared about being a pro and changing the culture in last 10 15 years?
Calloway is a talent with elite skills.....but how bad does he want be a good example for others and help change a losing culture

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
#Browns Antonio Callaway just had his car shipped here from Florida and hadn't used it in awhile. Others had. Didn't realize there was marijuana in it, source says

IF true he needs a Lobotomy. He knows his friends. And he knows the rules.. IDIOT

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan

IF true he needs a Lobotomy. He knows his friends. And he knows the rules.. IDIOT

He should've had his 'friends' ship his drivers license also. Oh, wait, that was suspended.

Dude's not starting out on the right foot.

Legend
Legend
From what I read by Mary K.

The car was just shipped here. He had not driven it and others had?

First off he was not charged with possession because the amount was to small under Ohio law.

The question is: has he been tested regularly because he tested positive at the combined?

It appears he is getting a traffic violation.

So right now this may go no where.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Hue, in his press conference, said he was not aware of the situation and Calloway did not report the incident to the team.

If true, add this to the "stupid list".

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The charge is for a suspended license.

He might be changed with possession but the report said the amount was small. So maybe not.

Again the question is has he tested positive? Has he been tested regularly because he is in Stage 1?

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Hope he’s clean...older article citing his family and background:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/antonio_callaway_with_help_fro.html

Last edited by Browns_D02; 08/07/18 06:49 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

He didn't look stoned to me. wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And 0-16 here we come.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

It's always something w/the Browns.

This may blow over for the reasons bonefish brought up. The bigger concern is how long until the next time?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
When you are young you stay out until 3am. That is the nature of youth.

Just be sensible about it, please.

Maybe.

At any rate, the police didn't know he had a suspended or trace amounts of marijuana in the car. What was the reason for the stop?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Holy crap, he didn't drop it!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
What was the reason for the stop?

Callaway was driving his vehicle and was stopped at 2:59 a.m. on Aug. 5 when officer Eric Schubert observed him failing to yield to oncoming traffic while turning onto Howe Road.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan

How I see it...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish
The charge is for a suspended license.

He might be changed with possession but the report said the amount was small. So maybe not.

Again the question is has he tested positive? Has he been tested regularly because he is in Stage 1?

From the initial description, it sounds like the cop found a roach under the seat. Could very easily have been left there by someone else long before this. Hell, could have been his own, but still from a long time ago.

There are zero reports of DUI/OVI, so there is nothing to suggest that he was using.

I would expect that the team and the league will have a "random" drug test with his name all over it by the end of the day, and I would think that if he is clean the courts will magically dismiss the minor possession charge and he will only face the suspended license charge, which with it being an out of state thing and the extra paperwork involved with that, I could see the judge just giving a fine and forcing him to get his Ohio license legal-like.

My first reaction to this is "screw it, hang the kid out to dry, release him as soon as we can".... the more tempered reaction after I think about it is that as stupid as ALL of it is, there is no actual evidence of any real & current wrong-doing; so, I give the benefit of the doubt until more facts come to light, but reserve the right to go back to my initial reaction.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
FWIW (if indeed true)....

Jeremy Powell
@JeremyinAkron
The worst part about this is, from a guy who has warned me about a few players and been right, is Callaway doesn’t care at all. He’s a fraud, wants to party and live it up not play football. I’ve also been warned there’s a group of 5 guys partying with him. Smh man.

Tweet

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am going to w/hold judgement until I hear more facts.

I will say that it does suck, though. It's amazing how much bad news we get as Brown's fans.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Glad we traded away Coleman....

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Goes to show that football guys make mistakes as well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here we go again! #BrownsFanForLife

L
Legend
Legend
L
Just clicking.

One positive: it was 3 am or whatever and he wasn't drunk.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

It's always something w/the Browns.

This may blow over for the reasons bonefish brought up. The bigger concern is how long until the next time?

We definitely know he is immature from this story. Hopefully it blows over. I seem to remember that Randy Moss had something similar happen to him? Although, I think he decided to bump into a rent a cop or something too.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Here is another camera angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSYPg-KxhQ

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
When you are young you stay out until 3am. That is the nature of youth.

Just be sensible about it, please.

Maybe.

At any rate, the police didn't know he had a suspended or trace amounts of marijuana in the car. What was the reason for the stop?

I'm going to stop reading this thread right now, so I don't get others opinions involved.

The article stated what he was pulled over for: something about yielding the right of way.

I can promise you, he got pulled over for driving at 3 a.m.

No 'driving while black' issue here. Just, driving at 3 a.m. It happens all the time Cop can pull you over for any reason he/she wants. And, as sober as he seemed to be - when asked for a license, he couldn't produce 1, which led to more scrutiny.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Goes to show that football guys make mistakes as well.

Gee, thanks for such an enlightening and philosophical revelation. No one knew that. rolleyes

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Isn't it illegal to pull someone over just for driving at 3 A.M.? Honestly, from watching the video, his car looks like the type of car a cop would target.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Sometimes I wonder why NFL teams don't just keep 10 or so Uber drivers, or limo services on retainer, and supply their contact info to their players.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Isn't it illegal to pull someone over just for driving at 3 A.M.? Honestly, from watching the video, his car looks like the type of car a cop would target.

You didn't read my response, did you?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The fact of the matter is the Csllaway is a dumb jock. Just like Gordon. Why we keep acquiring these dummies is beyond me. They definitely do more harm to the team than they help.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not sure, but I do think NFL players have an option to call for a driver.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I am sure they are dumb.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Yes sure reeeee...then we'll have drunks and more high as kite drivers on the road.....ain't we great. Making pot legal fixes everything.
Our wide receiver needs to be fined by the CLUB- on top of the NFL fine....hold him accountable at some level and get him help like JG got....he obviously needs it.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana possession

Link Copied to Clipboard