Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I read it and agree with what you said.

I have been in a car with a friend who got pulled over for "swerving".

We were at a stoplight and turning left into shopping center.

He had a nice mustang and it was Friday night around 10:30 PM.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Just clicking.

One positive: it was 3 am or whatever and he wasn't drunk.

No doubt. That is a good note. Maybe there is something to him not knowing the pot was in the car. I read where he had it shipped up from Florida...so....maybe...we'll see.

When I was young my Dad always told me that nothing good happens after midnight, so I had to be home at midnight. I broke that rule a few times a month, and dang....Dad and a partner owned a machine shop...made parts for NASA and others...over 250 employees at the top of business.....when I broke the rule he would barge in to the room at 4AM and say, "We are going to work this great Saturday or Sunday morning. We are leaving in 25 minutes!" Then he would see to it I had to work my ass off while he went home to sleep, then show up at 3:30 when I punched out to lug me home.

Even though I drove, he drove me in to the shop. I think to make the punishment more severe. I owe him a lot.....he didn't say much on the drive in, but he always handed me $5-6 to make sure I could buy some grub off the food trucks that showed up daily.

Prices were cheaper then....you could buy a sandwich, chips, candy bar, and coke for maybe $3 and change ...a bacon and egg sandwich and coffee at early break for $1.50.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
I read it and agree with what you said.

I have been in a car with a friend who got pulled over for "swerving".

We were at a stoplight and turning left into shopping center.

He had a nice mustang and it was Friday night around 10:30 PM.

3 in the afternoon? You aren't getting pulled over for, say, not using a turn signal. 3 a.m.? Yup. It's just how it is.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Gotta laugh at that.

My son's curfew was 1. He came home at 2 one night. No phone call, no nothing. He didn't know I was waiting for him - awake.

He walked in. I said "Hi. You're late. Be down here at 6, you're cutting wood with me."

Up stairs to bed he went.

And why I laugh? I didn't wake up at 6. It was 7 til I got out of bed. And sure enough, there he was, on the couch, waiting to go cut wood.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I mean if he was such a party animal, why wouldn't he be drinking on Saturday night/ early Sunday morning?

I'd bet a small wager - not a large one - that he wasn't aware the weed was there - if it was a roach, as a poster surmised, you wouldn't throw it under the seat when the po-po pulls you over (thats a word I got from vers haha), you'd swallow the damn thing.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

Police eye every car at 3am as a possible something, and I get it, they probably are.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Oh, beauty move!! smile

gmstrong

-----------------

A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, beauty move!! smile

The only other time I had an issue with him:

(first, we have 2 drives. 1 to the house, 1 to my shop.)

He, apparently got home on time. 1 a.m. I was out in my barn/office/shop. Didn't realize until I went up, and just after 1.

Walked out, saw a car sitting 60 feet or so away, at the end of my barn drive. I walked out to see what was up.

Son's car, with the window down.

Went to the house, went upstairs. He was on the computer. "Son, your car is sitting at the end of my barn drive, with the window down. You KNOW Milo the cat will get in it. What were you thinking?"

And he came up with the lame "Uh, I think I need air in the tires." Me: So why'd you park it 60 feet away from the compressor?

And bam. He spit this out: "Dad, a friend of mine is drunk (this was high school - the other kid wasn't of age to drink) and she called to see if I could go to "x" to pick her up cause she can't drive and I didn't want you to know I'd be late getting home."

Well, that put a new light on things for me. "Yeah, go get her. No problem. Glad she called you."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm not sure, but I do think NFL players have an option to call for a driver.

Hell, they make enough money to have one on call. Stars have enough to buy a limo and hire a full-time driver. Yet year after year they keep getting popped driving themselves.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
L
Legend
Legend
L
Because those who do are immature, with new money, status.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I mean if he was such a party animal, why wouldn't he be drinking on Saturday night/ early Sunday morning?

I'd bet a small wager - not a large one - that he wasn't aware the weed was there - if it was a roach, as a poster surmised, you wouldn't throw it under the seat when the po-po pulls you over (thats a word I got from vers haha), you'd swallow the damn thing.

You think that is going to matter to the league after he failed a urine test at the combine? After he got busted for weed and stolen credit cards in college? We keep hearing about second chances. The Browns gave this kid a second chance by drafting him. In return he was driving under a suspended license and weed was found in the car. Doesn't matter how it got there. The league isn't going to just take his word for it. They might if this was the first trouble he had ever been in but that isn't the case. I'm not sure what step two is, if that means a 4 game suspension or not, but I would bet he just entered step 2. Not very bright.

Either way, if he is out for any period of time we are down to three WR's. Also, it pretty much shows Callaway is in the same spot as meathead. Can't be trusted. Can't be relied on. Don't place your faith in him and for damn sure don't bet the upcoming season on him. We need to trade for or sign a couple replacements. One for Coleman, one for meathead if he doesn't bother showing up and one for this knucklehead in case he gets suspended.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
just getting here .. how stupid

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Been busy the last couple days, haven't read through this thread. I just have one question.

Arguments about whether pot should be legal, or if the NFL rules should be changed are beside the point. The choice, right now, is get rich or get high, one or the other but not both. Which do you choose?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep. That is how it works right now. The good news seems to be that what actually happened could have been the best possible outcome given the headline of the article. Or so far it seems. Hopefully there isn't a failed drug test on the heels of this.

I do wonder however... What will everyone think 20 years from now in regards to how these situations were handled by the league and by law enforcement when it is legal everywhere in 20 years?

Definitely going to be a chapter in some history and psychology books.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
All Pro
All Pro

Great scoop Melissa Reid of Fox 8. Why even put it out there when there is nothing to show?

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
Legend
Legend
1. Jarvis Landry
2. Rashard Higgins
3. Damion Ratley
4. Derrick Willies
5. Evan Berry
6. Antonio Callaway
7. Jeff Janis
8. CJ Board
9. Da'Mari Scott
10. Blake Jackson
11. Josh Gordon

Looks like more than 3 WR's to me. Maybe you need a second chance in a math class bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
j/c

Been busy the last couple days, haven't read through this thread. I just have one question.

Arguments about whether pot should be legal, or if the NFL rules should be changed are beside the point. The choice, right now, is get rich or get high, one or the other but not both. Which do you choose?

Why don't we just stop drafting stupid Kids...

Even if pot is legal, that does not mean players have to take it, and specially do it on the Browns premises like apparently they do.

First thing they should tell prospect players are: No alcohol, no drugs and no liars.

If any player has a problem staying away from alcohol and drugs, then we shouldn't even consider him. Not with the franchise in this state.

Last edited by rastanplan; 08/08/18 06:39 AM.
Legend
Legend
it'll be interesting how Dorsey handles this one ... I remember him saying Callaway had zero tolerance now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Bingo, we have a winner...

"Everyone"...was aware of Callaway's off the field history and the Browns drafted him despite that history.

Browns fans can't fix stupid management!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

I second that motion - let's stop drafting anyone who has character flaws - and anyone who might have character flaws later in later in life and we should also stop drafting busts too while we are at it. Easy.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I second that motion - let's stop drafting anyone who has character flaws - and anyone who might have character flaws later in later in life and we should also stop drafting busts too while we are at it. Easy.

I give that idea two thumbs up!

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If your going to Draft a Question Mark ( as a Front Office and Coaching staff ) then you need to be ready , willing and able to stay on top of the accident waiting to happen .. If we are going with the Win at any Cost kinda of game plan , then Callaways are going to happen ..

Legend
Legend
It's better that we took a chance on him in the 4th, than using a 2nd on Gordon.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Someone is always dumb to someone else. Would Baker be too dumb to draft?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
He faced a sexual assault trial between his freshman and sophomore year but was cleared of those charges before the 2016 season by admitting during the hearing he was "so stoned" he did not want to have sex with anyone.

He was also cited for marijuana possession in May 2017 as a passenger in a car stopped because the driver wasn't wearing his seat belt; he pled no contest to possession of paraphernalia in July 2017.

Calloway never played in 2017 because of his involvement in a credit card fraud scheme with other teammates. Instead of looking for reinstatement or a transfer, he decided to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.

April 2018, failed drug test at the combine.

THIS WAS PREDICTABLE >Aug. 2018,  possession of marijuana

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
And Tyreek Hill threw an xbox at his pregnant girlfriend during a domestic dispute. John Dorsey still drafted him. People want them to draft BPA, but hate when the BPA has a checkered history. Well, when you get to day 3, let's just say, beggars can't be choosers. I'm not saying that I don't like it or do like it. Quite frankly, I think it's impossible for us to judge from home. We don't know what these guys say to the Browns FO and coaches before they get drafted. We don't know what they're thinking. I think at the end of the day, one of the most distinct American cultural norms is our ability to give people another chance. We do root for the goodness of everyone and want them to reform. And unfortunately, we do let a lot of things slide by people who are good at what they do. That's my take, at least.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
He faced a sexual assault trial between his freshman and sophomore year but was cleared of those charges before the 2016 season by admitting during the hearing he was "so stoned" he did not want to have sex with anyone.

He was also cited for marijuana possession in May 2017 as a passenger in a car stopped because the driver wasn't wearing his seat belt; he pled no contest to possession of paraphernalia in July 2017.

Calloway never played in 2017 because of his involvement in a credit card fraud scheme with other teammates. Instead of looking for reinstatement or a transfer, he decided to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.

April 2018, failed drug test at the combine.

THIS WAS PREDICTABLE >Aug. 2018,  possession of marijuana

Yep.

In psychology they say past behavior predicts current and future behavior.

P.S. Has the Parade of Disaster officially started?

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

From my understanding when I used to talk to guys in the league, it is extremely easy to smoke pot and do drugs while never getting busted by the NFL. It is my understanding that you gotta be a total blank blank to get caught.

Now, it's a different story for guys who already have a strike against them, but folks, the NFL doesn't want to bust players for drugs. These guys just have to be smarter about using them and not be so gluttonous.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Pot is practically legal anyway. Do you think he is the only one that uses pot in the NFL?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
j/c:

From my understanding when I used to talk to guys in the league, it is extremely easy to smoke pot and do drugs while never getting busted by the NFL. It is my understanding that you gotta be a total blank blank to get caught.

Now, it's a different story for guys who already have a strike against them, but folks, the NFL doesn't want to bust players for drugs. These guys just have to be smarter about using them and not be so gluttonous.

Yep.

For players who get selected to the combine, they are drug tested there. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot, by having a diluted or dirty sample, they won't be tested for recreational drugs until a few days before training camp begins. This will be the first test for first year players who weren't invited to the combine. If you pass that drug test, they won't test you for recreational drugs until the following season, pretty much a year to that date. These players can still be tested for HGH and PEDs, but they won't be looking for recreational drugs during this period. However, if you do fail one test, you're subject to random tests. If you fail two tests, you're subject to a lot more random tests, and so on and so forth.

fwiw, and to share unsubstantiated rumors, but I heard Peyton Manning smoked like a chimney.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The guys I talked to said a ton of guys smoke marijuana. I think other drugs are used, but not by as many dudes. A lot of guys drink a lot, too.

You just can't be an idiot about it.

All Pro
All Pro

I've been a cop for many years. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the weed wasn't his. He's still getting the ticket. If any of his buddies were driving the car, or maybe drove it up from Florida or wherever there's a good chance they left something behind. That's what friends are for at that age. The simplest approach to this is for the Browns to drug test immediately since he's been cited for possession and that will tell the tale. He didn't look impaired in the dash cam video I saw.

We'll just have to wait and see what the Browns do with him. It's got to be a raging nightmare dealing with drug policy in the league these days. So many young guys have grown up in a world where street drugs are widely accepted in society. When they finally get their chains yanked by the corporate world it must come as a shock.

There was a time when busting a guy with a little bit of weed meant them having to toss it down a sewer drain or scatter it in a ditch. Since the public started screaming for video cameras all over the place that just isn't happening any more. Ten years ago this citation probably wouldn't have been issued absent any other additional circumstances.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

I believe that.

I remember Michael Irvin saying something to that affect once

Basically, do it at your house, don't have the police come to your house. And schedule your pot smoking around your life.

It's not like they're on a tugboat getting random tested all the time (which is my case, and why i don't even try to figure out a way around because it's just too risky)

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know the defensive players love to party. I mean look at the greatest linebacker of all time, that dude LOVED cocaine and booze....and underage women.....but that's beside the point. These guys party and you have to be a dunce to get caught and somehow we continue to find them.

I mean look at Le'Veon Bell and Legarret Blunt.....you can't tell me those guys just up and stopped smoking weed.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The guys I talked to said a ton of guys smoke marijuana. I think other drugs are used, but not by as many dudes. A lot of guys drink a lot, too.

You just can't be an idiot about it.

The problem is a lot of the high profile idiots come in as idiots. Callaway is already on a short lease, because he tested for a diluted sample before he even got drafted. Same with Josh. I'm sure a lot of guys do coke in the league, but coke only stays in your system for a day or two. Unless you're snorting a line while you're taking the [censored] test, you'd have to be the biggest moron to be caught with that stuff.

I'm sure weed is popular. I know OSU players in the NFL who used to smoke all the time here in Columbus. I doubt their habits have changed since being drafted. I bet a lot players prefer weed as a pain reliever more than vicodin or whatever team doctors give these players. The problem is that it's against the rules. If you want to break the rules, fine, deal with the consequences like a man. If you don't want to deal with the consequences then learn to cover your tracks. A lot of people gave crap to Primetime when he told players to get themselves a fall guy, but it's smart. Had Calloway been riding with a fall guy, the fall guy could've claimed it was his and this mess would've been a bit looked over. Not to mention that .0001 g of weed isn't a serious crime in Ohio and your fall guy would've been fine, besides the fine he would've received. Although, in this specific case it sounds like Calloway's fall guy, made Calloway fall. What are you doing leaving a roach in your car? Just throw that stuff out the window when you're done with it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I've been a cop for many years.

I like this post because it's a fresh take. Interesting point about the dash cam. I never thought of it like that, but it's a great point.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
What are you doing leaving a roach in your car? Just throw that stuff out the window when you're done with it.

Maybe they were taught not to litter?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:
What are you doing leaving a roach in your car? Just throw that stuff out the window when you're done with it.

Maybe they were taught not to litter?

hot take: littering tiny, biodegradable things is better than storing it in plastic, putting it in the trash and having that trash go to a landfill.

Also, if you're smoking weed, but think that all littering is bad then I, personally, am very interested in your moral compass.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry, it was a lame joke. Not everyone gets my humor.

Legend
Legend
Crap! What next? When I heard Landry on HK’s last night the WR corps must have been dogging it in camp. Not a good sign.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana possession

Link Copied to Clipboard