Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
no wonder Gordon had to go back to rehab..

He smelled the weed on Callaway.
hahaha

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Some types smell more than others but I would say that it would be unlikely for someone to smell an old roach under a car seat. Not impossible, just unlikely.

Now as to the idea that the cop said he smelled it to have grounds for a search? That happens a lot, particularly at 3:00 am on A weekend morning.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
As far as I know neither strap nor ammo is illegal, though it might not be within the passenger compartment.

Unless you have a conceal carry license, you can have a gun and ammo in the car, but the gun can't be loaded and the ammo needs to be stored in a different container (and the gun may need to be locked too).

Having ammo and a detachable strap is meaningless without the gun.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
It does seem to me that when I went out to my brother's to shoot, he told me to lock my gun in the glove box, and put the ammo in the back. (I have a minivan, so there is no separate compartment) He's with the Sheriff's Dept., so I trust his advice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
It does seem to me that when I went out to my brother's to shoot, he told me to lock my gun in the glove box, and put the ammo in the back. (I have a minivan, so there is no separate compartment) He's with the Sheriff's Dept., so I trust his advice.

Which is the correct thing IF you do not have a CCW license and you are transporting both a firearm and ammunition.

None of that applies here, however, because there is no firearm. If there is no firearm present, you can sprinkle ammunition all over your car like Tinkerbell anointing Peter Pan's noggin and nobody can say a word.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
willynilly cut him cut him blah blah blah willynilly

How about we let the adults figure out what happened and dole out the correct punishment if any, then give the kid a chance to play. If he passed a drug test right after this, I would be flamingmad if they just cut him.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The interesting thing about marijuana testing is that THC is stored in your fat cells (for up to as many as 45 days). I knew a long distance runner who smoked like crazy. He then got hired at a new job. The next day he found out there was a mandatory drug test he had to pass in 48-72 hours in order to get the job.

This guy ran 15 miles two days in a row and passed the test with flying colors.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
The interesting thing about marijuana testing is that THC is stored in your fat cells (for up to as many as 45 days). I knew a long distance runner who smoked like crazy. He then got hired at a new job. The next day he found out there was a mandatory drug test he had to pass in 48-72 hours in order to get the job.

This guy ran 15 miles two days in a row and passed the test with flying colors.

There's a lot to it. Everything depends on who your metabolism, how much you smoke, how much you weigh and how much you work out.

Even how much water you drink for the drug test. I imagine if you drink a ton of water and take a few multi-vitamins half an hour before the test, you'll probably undilloute your dilloute sample without getting the THC in like before........ In HS kids used to talk about Cranberry Juice. Never did it though.

I have once used a wizinator though. I took a drug test for a job (not as a Tugboat Driver), and then figured i was good for the summer. So i started smoking regularly. Then i found out a week later that i came up for a random. This like never happened. My boss told me to go take it. I told him that i couldn't take it right away, and i'd need the rest of the day before i could (so i either got hte day off or I quit), and he let me get the day.

I went and bought a wizinator kit with the synthetic urine and i passed no problem. But supposedly the drug testers have ways to find different types of synthetic urine, so you can't necessarily count on that anymore either.

I do know a girl who had to take a test when she smoked a day or two before (but was a very rare smoker) and she passed. She was a workout nut, kinda like the guy you knew.

So it's all circumstance.

What's messed up, as someone said, is that the very harmful drugs go right through your system. Your body wants to get rid of them immediately. Pot apparently isn't that big of a deal to your body, so it'll hold it in your fat cells (but still counts as a failed test).

Walgreens and pharmacies sell their own test yourself kits which seemed to have worked for me in the past. But, as i said, i don't risk it anymore. I don't think i've smoked in a few years. Not a day goes by when i don't miss it either. I don't miss cigarettes. But pot, i'd give up drinking to go back to smoking if i could. But, if i wanna have my job, that's part of my agreement with the company. Part of being an adult i guess............

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 08/08/18 08:25 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man,
The level of over-reaction for this case is really silly once you hear the facts. The cop said he smelled weed to justify a reason to search Callaway and the car. Now, knowing Callaway is young and probably doesn't know much, he could have told the cop he did not permit him to search the car. Smelling weed does not equal search. Plus, why would Callaway let the police search the car if he knew the joint was there? That cop was in car for 10 minutes, looking for stuff and found a small amount of weed, bullets and a gun strap. So of all the things Callaway could have been doing, he was just heading home and got popped on some B.S. There is no gun charge, no DUI, and a weak misdemeanor weed case.

Yea, Hugh and Dorsey talk with him and let him know that eyes are on him.

DONE

Legend
Legend
Years ago, my brother got called for a job interview which included a drug test....he smoked daily at the time. He went to a local head shop and bought this kit which had him drink what seemed like gallons of this herbal concoction all night long before the test. His urine was bright green. They laughed when he gave them the sample, but he tested clean.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree in a lot of what you say, but let's face it, Callaway's past makes one rise an eyebrow or two.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I agree in a lot of what you say, but let's face it, Callaway's past makes one rise an eyebrow or two.

Back in 77 a few of us were at a so called area where we could party and drink off of Fulton road by Dressler.. 12 of us in 3 cars..As we were leaving the cops showed up. The guy in the second car ran back and threw a lid in my car..with in seconds the cops were there..They found it..poured it out of the bag and told me to go home and tell my parents.

I went home and told them... A half hour later we were out partying again.. It wasn't a big deal to the cops or most of our parents..

Now that Weed is being legalized...I don't see a big issue.But as always someone has to make a big deal out of a not so big deal.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I feel I am being pigeonholed into criticizing Callaway in this situation. I"m on record as saying I want to hear all of the facts before I evaluate.

I am just trying to keep things real. Gross sexual misconduct is not the same as smoking a little weed. The dude has a history. We can't just ignore that.

Or, maybe some can. Who knows anymore.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah..I know..im not trying to pigeon hole you..I was just saying sometimes the past is irrelevant..sometimes it isn't.

I just want to see this kid grow into a good man and football player... We get guys with potential then seem to just screw up.

Was he out at 3am past curfew? Haven't really been paying attention.

Legend
Legend
It was a players day off.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know if they had a curfew or not. Like I said, I am w/holding judgement until all the info comes out.

I just piped up because a few people were starting to assume things........

No biggie. We're good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks Pdawg

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Vers,
Yes, with his background, he might not get benefit of the doubt but once the facts are coming out and looking at the video, then some of these folks gotta lighten up. Everything is not "get rid of him".

But as one who has gotten pulled of a few times in my youth, there are sometimes when the cop is just on a "fishing" expedition. As the cop said in the video, they were out looking for DWIs. They saw Callaway cuy the other driver off and thought they might have something more...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I got you. And again............I am NOT saying we have to get rid of him. And I am NOT saying he's going to get into trouble. I'm just saying his past makes it hard to say he "clean."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Vers,
I know you were not saying get rid of him. Other people were over reacting. And I'm sure we both hope that this will wake the kid up. First, get your situation with your license taken care of. Second, clean out your car. Third, stay outta trouble!!.. Hue/Dorsey should call me and I will tell them what to say!!..LMAO

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
Man,
The level of over-reaction for this case is really silly once you hear the facts. The cop said he smelled weed to justify a reason to search Callaway and the car. Now, knowing Callaway is young and probably doesn't know much, he could have told the cop he did not permit him to search the car. Smelling weed does not equal search. Plus, why would Callaway let the police search the car if he knew the joint was there? That cop was in car for 10 minutes, looking for stuff and found a small amount of weed, bullets and a gun strap. So of all the things Callaway could have been doing, he was just heading home and got popped on some B.S. There is no gun charge, no DUI, and a weak misdemeanor weed case.

Yea, Hugh and Dorsey talk with him and let him know that eyes are on him.

DONE

Unless you've got something specific in OH statute, you are 100% wrong. The odor of MJ IS probably cause for a search of a vehicle. Now, depending on you State, it may be an allowed warrantless search (it currently is here in NC, but I think PA wasn't up until a couple years ago).

And no, I'm not going to get in to a 4th Amendment arguement over it. Maybe 84 or Jeep will if anyone wants to.

Anyway, if OH is a warrantless state, the cop didn't need to ask permission but probably did so to keep the encounter casual. Or if a a warrant is required, opted to ask for consent instead of keeping Calloway there for a couple hours while he went and got a warrant.

ODOR: yes, even old and small amounts of MJ are pretty easily noticeable. After awhile you can even start to tell if it's unburnt, recently burnt, stale, good stuff or skunk...

WHY GIVE CONSENT: people give consent knowing they've got something illegal on them all the time. Then when it gets found we get the "these aren't my pants" and "someone else was driving my car earlier (but they don't know who)

Anyway, 3 certainties in life:
1) death
2) taxes
3) pot heads never clean out their car.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One officer in the video told the other that Callaway claimed “his little brother who smokes dope was using the car.” The other officer said that was “plausible,” adding, “He was legitimately not smoking it. It was all under his seat, so if his brother was smoking it, or whatever, it could still be around for a while.”

Strongsville police are reportedly not seeking additional charges for the gun part or bullets found in the car.

For now, this is good enough for me. I'd feel differently if he got caught with a bag of weed, or was found to have smoked, but the cops seem pretty sure there were just some traces in the car.

Also not worried about the gun stuff. If the cops aren't even going to charge him for it, I'm guessing that means he hasn't done something wrong. I'm not familiar with American gun laws, however. I'd ideally like none of our players to be carrying, but if it's his right, I guess it is what it is.

Fingers crossed this really is a misunderstanding after getting the car shipped out. From everything I've seen, team mates love A.C and he's been working hard. Hopefully this is a minor obstacle.

The past haunts, we can say that with certainty.

Legend
Legend
Hopefully he passes his next drug test.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd be surprised if he wasn't immediately tested and the results checked during the week.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Guns & Pot in the car

Expect the team to act accordingly, right the ship before is too late.

Why do we draft so stupid kids?????

Last edited by rastanplan; 08/09/18 05:38 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Guns & Pot in the car

What do you think they'll do? My guess is he receives a fine and counseling.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Guns & Pot in the car

Start by demoting him on the depth chart, suspend him, etc.

Suspend the guy who ever vouched for him to be drafted.

I'm just against drafting this stupid players in the first place....

Last edited by rastanplan; 08/09/18 05:47 AM.
Legend
Legend
Guns & Pot in the car

I think we all are tired of it ... I guess my response wasn't saying what I would do ... what do you think WILL happen?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Judging to how we have been treating Josh Gordon, nothing will happen...

We can see now why we are 1-31, those guys are lose cannons, nobody is accountable in this organization.

Legend
Legend
Judging to how we have been treating Josh Gordon, nothing will happen...

We can see now why we are 1-31, those guys are lose cannons, nobody is accountable in this organization.
We just gotta hope that Baker turns out to be good ... that will cure a LOT of ills

O
Legend
Legend
O
Guns & Pot in the car

Why do we draft so stupid kids?????

Just an observation and I could be wrong in what your handle means but dude, you have Rasta n Plan in you name! And you call people stupid for smoking pot? Stupid for blowing the big opportunity sure, but I read this as hypocrisy. just saying.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think we need to know the facts and if he failed the subsequent drug test. Then we can make informed decisions.

Legend
Legend
Seems to me like a simple pee in a cup test will shed light.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I think we need to know the facts and if he failed the subsequent drug test. Then we can make informed decisions.

Syke!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Guns & Pot in the car

Incorrect.
There were no firearms in the vehicle. None.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Guns & Pot in the car

They almost certainly cannot suspend him. The gun parts aspect isn't a crime, and the roach part falls under league jurisdiction and the CBA.

A demotion might be in the works. That could be a possibility, but I bet that nothing happens until they get all of the information.

The team also knew what they were getting when the drafted him. That's why we was taken in the 4th. It was a calculated risk, and it still might, or might not, work out at this point.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hopefully he passes his next drug test.

This is what it is important. I don't know how I missed it, but Callaway failed a test at the Combine. I thought he just had the prior issues from college.

Having had such a checkered pass, it is almost inconceivable that he would be dumb enough to fail a drug test at the Combine. Thus, nothing will surprise me at this point.

I hope he passes the test. Not so sure how much he can be trusted moving forward, but gotta look for good news when you can.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I'm not sure this incident triggers a drug test.

A few years ago when LeVeon Bell and Lagarrtte Blount were in that car accident, Bell was quoted as saying they were straight at that moment, but were smoking earlier in the day. (Or something to that effect.)

Neither guy was apparently tested because they didn't miss a minute of game time.

If that doesn't trigger a drug test, I don't know what does.

Legend
Legend
Bell was suspended for 3 games.

Le'Veon Bell suspended 3 games for marijuana arrest - SBNation.com
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/9/8376421/leveon-bell-suspended-marijuana-arrest-steelers

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Anyone care to guess if Callaway is in the NFL's drug testing program, due to the failed test at the combine?

...and if he is in the NFL's drug testing program , what level is Callaway going to be at if this latest charge is added by the NFL?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana possession

Link Copied to Clipboard