Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend

Tony Grossi
‏Verified account @TonyGrossi
42m42 minutes ago

Meantime, Dorsey says Browns will work out a group of WRs next week -- veterans and rookies. Dez Bryant is welcome, Dorsey indicated, but is not returning Dorsey's calls.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Dez Bryant
‏Verified account @DezBryant
23m23 minutes ago

Dez Bryant Retweeted Tyson West Coast Cowboy

For real... I wouldn’t mind playing for the browns.. I just want to be right first

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I think we'd be better off without Bryant. He's toOOOO much of a diva. If it doesn't work out, he'll be quick to throw the organization under the bus. We don't need that.

I have more confidence in a guy like Callaway, heck even Higgins.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I want ZERO to do with that dude ... hes not that good anymore ...

If were gonna sign someone ... i’d rather it be a guy like Malcom Mitchell .. he’s young and i believe the Pats just cut him .... he also flies .... we need a field stretcher ...

Did Janis play tonight? ... haven’t watched it .... i think i’m reaching with him ... but w/o Josh we need that ....

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
hes still unsigned for a reason.
pass.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
My biggest concern with Dez is this...Out of the top 3 FA WRs (Dez, Maclin, Lafell) Dez is the one with all the antics and attitude...Dez is also the most likeliest to pull a Bowe or Kenny Britt and just collect a check...If the Browns really do want Dez, it better be a one year rental...so he hopefully works his tail off, and there has to be some language for not just collecting a pay...

If I'm a veteran WR, I hope the Browns sign me...I'm sure they are aware of all the money collected by Bowe and Britt both whom did squat...

I'm sure Dorseys thought is...ink Dez for a year, let Dez inflate his market for next year...We as a team get good production temporarily, while temporarily patching the weakness. We then will be addressing the issue next year via the draft or FA...

Dez is just a wild one though...

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I want ZERO to do with that dude ... hes not that good anymore ...

If were gonna sign someone ... i’d rather it be a guy like Malcom Mitchell .. he’s young and i believe the Pats just cut him .... he also flies .... we need a field stretcher ...

Did Janis play tonight? ... haven’t watched it .... i think i’m reaching with him ... but w/o Josh we need that ....

theres alot whom think Mitchell's knee is near shot...shame being that young.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Last edited by cfrs15; 08/10/18 01:39 AM. Reason: Bad info. Thanks to tru_dawgs for pointing it out.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I wonder if Devante Parker ends up being shopped...They dont seem overly excited down in Miami with him...then again I know he is oft injured

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Brandon LaFell is available and played for Hue Jackson in Cincinnati.

I wouldn't mind Lafell, bigger WR with no off field concerns...nice steady vet. I'm pretty sure Lafell signed with Cincy after Hue left...could be wrong, but didnt they sign Lafell when they lost both Marvin Jones and Sanu in FA?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Brandon LaFell is available and played for Hue Jackson in Cincinnati.

I wouldn't mind Lafell, bigger WR with no off field concerns...nice steady vet. I'm pretty sure Lafell signed with Cincy after Hue left...could be wrong, but didnt they sign Lafell when they lost both Marvin Jones and Sanu in FA?

You are correct. My mistake. I will go back and edit.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
Starting my visits next week...I’m coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey

5:04 PM - Aug 9, 2018

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
For real... I wouldn’t mind playing for the browns.. I just want to be right first

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24334...ng-land-see-you

huh...he might be a Brown afterall...not sure how I feel about that.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
funny how he says all this right after we looked good w/Tyrod and Baker

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Sort of J/C, sort of responding.

I actually feel bad for Dez. As fans, we should be excited with this level of transparency. It isn't often that a high-profile free agent will reveal his plans moving forward while interacting with fans during preseason games.

Instead, he's somewhat been treated as a distraction because he's shown a willingness to engage at a public level in response to what people want to know.

Dez didn't initially make this public. Dorsey did in stating both his interest in Dez and that Dez had yet return his calls. In response to questions, Dez stated he wanted to get right and was organizing his work outs for next week. He also tweeted about the Cowboys/49ers game, and was both fair and positive in his appraisals of their players: including the kid slated to replace him.

On both counts from both men, that's awesome. It's only a slight peek behind the curtain, but it is nice knowing exactly what is happening and what a guy like Dez is thinking.

As for Dez in the past, I personally see the team's superstar consistently frustrated with a team that consistently underperformed. There are a lot of voices in that building who had his back, and a lot it rubbed the wrong way, but so have the people who rubbed Dez the wrong way.

As to your point, however, I actually agree: Wouldn't shock me at all if Dez is impressed with what he saw and it influenced his decision to come visit. To his credit, he's teased it for a while, but he wouldn't be tweeting about coming to visit if he was underwhelmed.

Most importantly, however: Jarvis Landry seems to want Dez there. After everything I've seen, including his infamous Hard Knocks speech, I'm going to trust Landry having a good idea that the Browns would be bringing in guy who has a lot to offer. Jarvis, at the moment, is on my "not going to question it" list haha.

BDU #1485691 08/10/18 06:29 AM
Legend
Legend
I think Landry just realizes the importance of having other legit threats to balance him out. He's also very emotional, which can be good and bad. We dont' want to go too overboard with the emotional stuff (like we saw him do last night) ... and then also add OTHER emotional players. It's a powder keg waiting to happen.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I hope we don't sign him.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant
Starting my visits next week...I’m coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey

5:04 PM - Aug 9, 2018

Dez Bryant
✔
@DezBryant

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24334...ng-land-see-you

huh...he might be a Brown afterall...not sure how I feel about that.

These tweets made no sense.

He says he wants to get right first, then talks about how he rushed things playing injured for the fans... then immediately says he wants to visit next week.

He 'got right' pretty darn quick. lmao.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My question is: "How would he know?" Can't see the forest for the baggage and nonsense. But he can catch. Guy is like a shaped charge; great if you can get it to do what you want, when you want, and as you want. But if it goes off wrong, nasty results are probable. All the energy is going somewhere.

Maybe. Hold your nose and win?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
Let's try putting on our GM hats for a bit.

Why wouldn't we want/get Mitchell, Maclin, LaFell?

Mitchell - Durability (heard about his knee)?
Maclin - Coming off an injury, maybe not ready?
LaFell - ?

Also, what does us suddenly wanting to work out vet WRs say about the Gordon situation?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm just glad we are entertaining veterans. Seemed like the old regime thought they could just win with rookies.

BpG #1485852 08/10/18 11:29 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BpG
I'm just glad we are entertaining veterans. Seemed like the old regime thought they could just win with rookies.

Or they were trying to lose.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Let's try putting on our GM hats for a bit.

Why wouldn't we want/get Mitchell, Maclin, LaFell?

Mitchell - Durability (heard about his knee)?
Maclin - Coming off an injury, maybe not ready?
LaFell - ?

Also, what does us suddenly wanting to work out vet WRs say about the Gordon situation?

Maclain reportedly holds a real grudge against Dorsey for cutting him via a text message.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Voicemail, but same thing. And he should be upset, that's a pretty unprofessional way to go about your business.

It was like Trent Richardson finding out he got traded on the radio, not by the team.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

He actually said it just as the game started.

I honestly believe that he saw hard knocks and the scene where Josh Gordon was texting Hue and then decided to text Dorsey thinking it would be on the show.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

With the immergence of Higgins play, Jarvis, and Callaway looking like he might be a decent third option, I don't think Dez is worth the risk IMO.

I have no doubt he can still contribute, but hes not a Number 1 anymore, and I honestly don't know if he would be able to produce as much as Higgins, And if he can - is that small amount of added production worth the headache?

Legend
Legend
Moreover, is the additional bit he might contribute even going to be significant?

Yes, the idea of Dez on one side with Gordon on the other and Landry in the slot is a nice one, but I really think that growing a guy like Callaway and/or Higgins has much greater value for the long haul. Dez would be a short term rental at the most.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
j/c

its a slippery slope ... we only have one football and Landry/Gordon will be thrown to a LOT. Duke will get touches, as will Njoku ... plus we still want to run it.

Can Dez handle having 2-3 targets a game?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I have no doubt he can still contribute, but hes not a Number 1 anymore, and I honestly don't know if he would be able to produce as much as Higgins, And if he can - is that small amount of added production worth the headache?

No.

Can Dez handle having 2-3 targets a game?

Aaaand... no.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wonder if Devante Parker ends up being shopped...They dont seem overly excited down in Miami with him...then again I know he is oft injured

I wouldn't want Parker either. All I remember is that during the draft his mom DID NOT want him coming to Cleveland. He can go elsewhere. I'd rather have Dez and I don't want him either.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I just want our guys to show up and stay healthy, then we dont need these other dudes.

No Craps Given
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Be fair now!

He never has yet. To keep DB, who do you drop? Temp rental.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

I wouldn't want Parker either. All I remember is that during the draft his mom DID NOT want him coming to Cleveland. He can go elsewhere. I'd rather have Dez and I don't want him either.

I wanted Parker really bad in the draft... dodged that one.

Legend
Legend
anybody else think of another vet WR that's available (or maybe could be?)

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Paul Warfield. I will buy his jersey! Brennan?

Not sure of my answer if it is Dez or bust. . . .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Matthews come in for a workout.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/..._14819_26990006

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Matthews come in for a workout.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/..._14819_26990006
I thought he was injured?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Read the article.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Read the article.
tricky situation to read ... he was waived/injured, but claims he's not and can sign anywhere ... physical would be the key

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not sure I'm interested in any veteran WR currently. Although I don't want him, but to be real - Dez is clearly the best available in the list at WR here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent

Landry and Higgins are going to have to get it done. Callaway and Gordon are potential helpers. Then again, seeing our horrible run game in preseason (where defenses are vanilla)... maybe we sign all the FA WRs.

Legend
Legend
Brandon Coleman isn't terrible .. he's experienced, has had some success

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dez Bryant Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard