Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Dez is average at this stage of his career compared the Gordon ... JMHO superconfused

Don't you mean the Gordon of 2013? That was five seasons ago. Nobody knows what we have in him now. So far we have him missing training camp and preseason. The same type of Josh we've had from 2014-2018.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The talent is there but I have to agree we need to see him on the field ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Dez Bryant is scheduled to meet with the Cleveland Browns this Thursday per sources. #Browns

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1029433517795622913

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Hard Knocks week 3 will be interesting

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Interesting timing ... wonder if he has other meetings scheduled first ...

If not, why are they waiting til thursday ... if hes going to sign or anyone that’s available right now for that matter ... time is of the essence ... the sooner the better ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Dez Bryant is scheduled to meet with the Cleveland Browns this Thursday per sources. #Browns

Last public practice is Wednesday, Gordon arrives Wednesday night or Thursday morning smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Last public practice is Wednesday, Gordon arrives Wednesday night or Thursday morning smile

Then they cancel the meeting with Dez ...

Thanks for clearing the timing issue up for me Purp ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Then they cancel the meeting with Dez ...

Thanks for clearing the timing issue up for me Purp ... thumbsup

**Note: It is purely my guess as to when Gordon arrives, not stating that as fact.... but, it makes sense to me smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As bad as we’ve been in the redzone for the past 10 years, I would not be upset at all to see Gordon, Dez and Landry on the field 1st and goal from the 10.

I could not care less how much money they spend after hoarding cap space for 5 years and doing nothing but losing almost every single game they played.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Your Welcome would have sufficed ... wink

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordon, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/14/18 07:11 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordo, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.
we may be signing him to fill Gordon's

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Sign him to fill Colemans spot. Gordo, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Higgins... I'd be good with that.

Or Callaway's to be truthful. This dude wants to get paid, and I simply don't want to give him near what he's likely wanting. Maybe we're so deep in the season now that he's willing to sign cheap to latch onto a team before regular season.

But... even at the price of cheap, I myself am not sure I could get behind the signing. I just don't like Dez as a person.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Or Callaway's to be truthful. This dude wants to get paid, and I simply don't want to give him near what he's likely wanting. Maybe we're so deep in the season now that he's willing to sign cheap to latch onto a team before regular season.

But... even at the price of cheap, I myself am not sure I could get behind the signing. I just don't like Dez as a person.
Simple solution: don't sign him until after week 1 so his contract isn't guaranteed ... and he may be held more accountable that way too

L
Legend
Legend
L
Money shouldn't be a big issue, we have plenty of cap.

If we want him and he wants us, sign him up. Landry owns our WR room, so will put Dez in his place if there's a problem. And I don't know if Bryant wants to rock the boat at this stage of his career.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Legend
Legend
D
At this point I'd like a WR who wants to play, which apparently excludes Gordon.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I recall reading somewhere the Browns will be bringing WRs in for visits this week...does anyone know of anyone else besides Dez Bryant?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dave
At this point I'd like a WR who wants to play, which apparently excludes Gordon.

You can't say that. The guys is being treated for addiction. Nothing I've seen indicates he doesn't want to play, nothing. I'm in the camp that they are keeping him from Hard Knocks scrutiny. He probably did need to revisit therapy but it could be a combo of both things. We will never know.

Almost all talking heads have confirmed it's not a failed test issue, so what more do you want? Everyone wishes he was in camp, but I doubt that being in shape will be an issue, just mechanics and he put a lot of work in on that during the off season.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
It almost seems like this is playing out to be a "Josh Gordon makes his grand entrance" for the finale of this season's Hard Knocks. Public practices done, he'll only have to deal with a day or so of the HK cameras, and HBO will have a story.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
It almost seems like this is playing out to be a "Josh Gordon makes his grand entrance" for the finale of this season's Hard Knocks. Public practices done, he'll only have to deal with a day or so of the HK cameras, and HBO will have a story.
I do find it pretty odd that things have been so quiet about him for the past two weeks or so ... it's like nobody is asking about him, reporting on him, etc.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
Almost all talking heads have confirmed it's not a failed test issue, so what more do you want? Everyone wishes he was in camp, but I doubt that being in shape will be an issue, just mechanics and he put a lot of work in on that during the off season.

New OC, new offense, new QBs, new teammates - I think Gordon needs to be in camp.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I do find it pretty odd that things have been so quiet about him for the past two weeks or so ... it's like nobody is asking about him, reporting on him, etc.

Hopefully it means the media is pretty sure he is coming back and has prepped articles already for when the news is confirmed. fingerscrossed

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Hue Jackson says Dez Bryant and the Browns both have to 'feel good about' Thursday's visit to get a deal done

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s...art_river_index

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: Dave

New OC, new offense, new QBs, new teammates - I think Gordon needs to be in camp.

At first, I was going to concur with this comment and then gripe a little bit about Josh Gordon like I usually do. But then... I thought about it and changed my mind.

Respectfully Dave, it doesn't matter whether or not Josh Gordon is in camp.

Consider Gordon's history over the last four seasons. For two of those seasons, he was a total no-show. In the other two seasons, he showed up for five games each year. During those ten games, he was chubby, out of shape, apathetic, didn't know the playbook, didn't know his route trees, didn't bother running crisp, precise routes anyway, and severely under-performed relative to his potential.

This is the real Josh Gordon - when Josh can't self medicate to deal with his performance anxiety disorder. He's just not a very motivated and capable player. His anxiety demons tear him down.

So if Josh doesn't know his playbook, doesn't know his routes, doesn't care about running good routes anyway, doesn't grind and practice and play hard - what difference does it make whether or not he shows up for training camp?

Last edited by AaigSuckinDawg; 08/15/18 08:12 AM. Reason: fixed my math
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
The guys is being treated for addiction.

Can you prove that? Gordon said he was going to seek counseling, but the videos he was releasing were about his daily workouts.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Looks like we will give him an offer...unless he talks his way out of this. I got a feeling it will be a 1 year show me offer...the guy is just 29 if I heard correctly from Hard Knocks...I think he will be a Brown.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wonder if Hard Knocks will show the Browns meeting w/Dez? That might be fascinating to watch. LOL

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah I'm so glad wed are doing this Hard KNocks gig...I am truly learning a lot. I'm more impressed with TT and I really like Hue more as well.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I wonder if Hard Knocks will show the Browns meeting w/Dez? That might be fascinating to watch. LOL
I think that's what Dez hopes .. I think he's drawn to us for a few reasons:

he is becoming desperate to find a team before week 1 (salary is still guaranteed)
he loves the attention and Hard Knocks brings it
he is intrigued by our QBs and roster

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that's what Dez hopes .. I think he's drawn to us for a few reasons:

he is becoming desperate to find a team before week 1 (salary is still guaranteed)
he loves the attention and Hard Knocks brings it
he is intrigued by our QBs and roster

Personally, i'm not particularly interested in having him here. I like the guys on our team now. Landry, Higgins, Callaway, Njoku, DeValve, Duke Johnson. Hopefully Josh Gordon soon

We can only throw the ball so much a game. Dez Bryant cares a lot more about himself than the betterment of this team as a whole. And i don't think he has the capability of keeping his mouth shut and being on his best behavior when he's only getting one or two passes thrown to him a game.

He's a big name who isn't that good and he'll be a distraction. I don't want him in a locker room with a guy on the rise like Callaway

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
L
Legend
Legend
L
we have the cap, it'll be a 1 year deal...with the status of AC and JG, it would make sense to bring him in and avoid having to scramble in a month with we find out 2 of our receivers are suspended.. I'm also interested in Hankins coming in

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
I see both sides of the Dez situation. Our WR room could be very crowded if Gordon comes back and Callaway doesn't mess up. Dez would probably become very unhappy and could poison the team.

On the other hand, I think it's not a stretch to wonder if Josh will come back and play all year and if Callaway can stay on the straight and narrow. C. Coleman has been traded. That unit would be looking very thin and teams would double and triple team Landry.

This is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Browns needing to sign someone just to cover their butts. Maybe Maclin or Matthews?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I see both sides of the Dez situation. Our WR room could be very crowded if Gordon comes back and Callaway doesn't mess up. Dez would probably become very unhappy and could poison the team.

On the other hand, I think it's not a stretch to wonder if Josh will come back and play all year and if Callaway can stay on the straight and narrow. C. Coleman has been traded. That unit would be looking very thin and teams would double and triple team Landry.

This is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Browns needing to sign someone just to cover their butts. Maybe Maclin or Matthews?

Your first point is definitely true. My first response would be to say a crowded WR room is a problem I wouldn't mind having for once, but it is something we should avoid, if we can. I guess this FO is confident we'll get Gordon back and playing sooner rather than later.

I'm definitely with you regarding the other FA WRs. Maclin, Matthews, or LaFell, please.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe our team history would dictate that a crowded WR room is better than a weak one.

I don't believe they will depend on those who haven't proven themselves dependable to this point to lay there future and the teams success on. If they do, shame on them. Their job is to create a successful WR group. Not act like pie eyed fans who live in wishes, whims and hopes of things that may never be.

My vote would be Matthews but I really have zero say in the matter.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jordan Matthews is someone i wanted in FA (along with Pryor)

Maclin wouldn't be a bad option either.

Big difference between those guys and Dez Bryant. Neither needed a babysitter when they came into the league.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend

Mary Kay Cabot
‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot
23m23 minutes ago

Mary Kay Cabot Retweeted Dan Labbe

The #Browns have no immediate plans to sign ex-#Buckeyes Johnathan Hankins, who worked out for them today, I'm told. Woodson is it for now.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I believe our team history would dictate that a crowded WR room is better than a weak one.

I don't believe they will depend on those who haven't proven themselves dependable to this point to lay there future and the teams success on. If they do, shame on them. Their job is to create a successful WR group. Not act like pie eyed fans who live in wishes, whims and hopes of things that may never be.

My vote would be Matthews but I really have zero say in the matter.

I keep seeing you guys throwing out the names of Maclin, Mathews and even Hankins.

Why r these guys still playing with their puppies in Mid August?

I'm curious. Don't know WHY. Do you or anyone know?

Indy released Hankins because they went to a 4-3. Hmmm.

In about 3 weeks theirs going to be 1200 guys cut. ALL AT ONCE.

Last edited by kwhip; 08/15/18 03:12 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Maybe they know what those guys bring to the table. If a team gets desperate enough they'll sign one. However, it might be better value to find a diamond in the rough. More than likely the guys you named could just slide into the rotation without the nuances of training camp.

Legend
Legend
I read a post on Twitter showing how we looked against the NYG in a spread formation in the opening drive ... I couldn't help but think how we'd look with Gordon and Dez in the fold
Think about this in the red zone
Gordon/Dez at WR
Landry/Duke at Slot
Njoku Tight to the line

Last edited by Dawgs4Life; 08/15/18 04:23 PM.

Legend
Legend
then pepper in Hyde, Chubb, Higgins, and Callaway

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dez Bryant Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard