Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Dez Bryant's visit with the Browns ended late Friday morning, but the two sides will continue to talk, a league source told cleveland.com.

Bryant and his agent, Kim Miale of Roc Nation arrived in Cleveland on Thursday afternoon and stayed through Friday morning. A league source told cleveland.com that Miale and Browns GM John Dorsey spoke again on Friday morning and the two sides will continue their discussions.

Bryant was excited about the visit, which included time spent at the Browns facility on Thursday and dinner that night. Likewise, the Browns were impressed with him, but it was more a chance for the two sides to get acquainted and see if it was a fit.

One league source told cleveland.com early Friday morning that a deal was not expected today.

The Browns host the Bills tonight at FirstEnergy Stadium.

During the visit to the Browns' facility, Bryant stopped by the Browns' in-house radio studio and made a surprise appearance on Cleveland Browns Daily.

"I'm happy to be here, you know excited, you know just trying to work out some things,'' Bryant said.

Bryant added that "it's a lovely place.''

When host Nathan Zegura observed that Bryant looked good in orange at Oklahoma State, he said, "yeah, I did. I'd still look good in the brown. We'll see."

Bryant became intrigued by the Browns during the premiere episode of Hard Knocks, which may have helped inspire him to make the visit. He tweeted that Jarvis Landry's speech about toughness and no days off gave him chills, and it provides a peek behind the Browns' curtain.

Bryant has also had Browns player such as Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield saying how much they'd love to have him.

"That would be awesome,'' Taylor said last week. "I've said this before. We know what type of talent Dez brings to the football field. He's been a very, very good player in his time throughout this league and he adds talent to the wide receiver room.

"I hope it can get done, but like I said that's up to management. I definitely think he could help this team."

Mayfield, a Texas native, also said early in camp that he'd love to add the three-time Pro Bowler.

"We have talent in that room so we're expecting somebody to step up, but obviously any time you talk about bringing in a guy like that from Texas, that's pretty exciting,'' Mayfield said. "He's a good player and so we'll see what happens but for now, we're good with what we have."

Dorsey has also praised Bryant.

"I look at Dez as a very competitive, passionate person,'' he said. "That's how I look at a Dez Bryant."

If things continue to progress, he could be looking at him a lot more.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/dez_bryants_visit_with_browns.html

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Dez Bryant's visit with the #Browns ended without a deal, per source. Door not closed yet, though.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1030489036916441090

My guess is that the role offered to Bryant doesn’t align with his perceived talent level. If he wants to get paid again he needs a more prominent role than is available with us. There aren’t enough passes for him with Landry, Njoku, Johnson, etc.

Legend
Legend
My guess:

- We said we may bring you back after week 1 if nobody else wants you and you still want to play

- Contract then becomes un-guaranteed and we can cut him anytime

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Dez Bryant's visit with the #Browns ended without a deal, per source. Door not closed yet, though.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1030489036916441090

Mostly closed, hopefully.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

This is a well reasoned explanation for why Dez hasn't signed immediately following his initial visit.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Talks between Bryant, his agent and the team continued today...

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1030486382291103745

Dez Talks Continue

Daryl Ruiter
✔
@RuiterWrongFAN
Talks between Dez Bryant & #Browns continue today; Bryant & his agent stayed overnight

10:07 AM - Aug 17, 2018
71 people are talking about this

Last edited by guard dawg; 08/17/18 01:50 PM.
Legend
Legend
Dez is looking for a long term contract and the Brown’s aren’t. So it’s up to Dorsey to find common ground if he wants him.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Dez is looking for a long term contract and the Brown’s aren’t. So it’s up to Dorsey to find common ground if he wants him.
I would hesitate to sign Dez to anything more than a one year deal...I guess we shall see.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
I would hesitate to sign Dez to anything more than a one year deal...I guess we shall see.

Me too. If even that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I don't think at this point Dez is looking for a long term deal. The timing of his release from Dallas stunted his opportunities for a big signing. At this point a one year deal that allows him to rehabilitate his reputation would put him in a stronger position during next season's FA period.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
We know he doesn't want a long term deal. He wants a one year "show me" deal.

I wonder if he'll be at the game tonight.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Then somebody forgot to tell PerfectSpiral, LOL.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:
Not really he is pretty banged up and his coach is pissed he is talking about it.

Yes, because Pryor would've broken his ankle in Jets OTAs after the Browns signed him in free agency. notallthere

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
We know he doesn't want a long term deal. He wants a one year "show me" deal.

I wonder if he'll be at the game tonight.
no didnt they say he left?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
If they do sign him, Browns should do a 2 year deal. If year 1 works out, you got him for one more additional year without contract negotiations. If it doesn't, work the contract so cutting him year 2 won't hurt the cap too much.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: FATE

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
7m7 minutes ago

No Dez Bryant-Cleveland Browns deal expected tonight, per source. The two sides will continue talking and “will know more tomorrow.”

From a very trusted source.

I'm sort of just prepping myself for the Dez signing. I truly believe it's right around the corner.

It’s just part of the Oklahoma invasion. We’re taking over! Bwa-ha-ha-ha

Ahem** Baker is a Texan. brownie

No self-respecting Texan would claim someone that wore crimson and creme to beat them in their own house!

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: FATE

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
7m7 minutes ago

No Dez Bryant-Cleveland Browns deal expected tonight, per source. The two sides will continue talking and “will know more tomorrow.”

From a very trusted source.

I'm sort of just prepping myself for the Dez signing. I truly believe it's right around the corner.

It’s just part of the Oklahoma invasion. We’re taking over! Bwa-ha-ha-ha

Ahem** Baker is a Texan. brownie

No self-respecting Texan would claim someone that wore crimson and creme to beat them in their own house!

this new generation; you just cant instill the loyalty anymore. smile

And especially Zero U

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dez Bryant Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard