Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Field Yates
‏Verified account @FieldYates
7m7 minutes ago

Seahawks WR/RB J.D. McKissic has been placed on IR, per source. The team claimed former Browns LB Jermaine Grace off of waivers to take his roster spot.
2 replies 17 retweets 20 likes
So Seattle takes two of our DBs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
nobody picked up orchard yet?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
not that i've seen

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm curious to see where Jamie ends up ???

M
Legend
Legend
M

He has a workout with the Bills.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Browns finalize practice squad. Add CB Jeremiah McKinnon and LB Brady Sheldon, who were waived Sunday. No Devon Cajuste or Brogan Roback

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1036728311072923650

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes!! Glad McKinnon is back

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Lol, we signed Hilliard over Dayes to the practice squad.

What's funny about that? Can you let the rest of us in on the joke?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
DL Carl Davis – Cleveland Browns
A fourth-year defender out of Iowa, Davis was a casualty of the depth along the Ravens’ front. Sure, Davis, who was the 90th overall selection in 2015, didn’t live up to his potential in Baltimore. But in Cleveland comes much more a demand to get him on the field.

If Davis can acclimate and find rotational snaps, putting him next to budding starter Larry Ogunjobi on the defensive interior makes a ton of sense. There, Davis can utilize his two-gap skills from college to let Ogunjobi get clean one on one reps, while also affording LB Joe Schobert room to scrape laterally.

Quote:
DL Ifeadi Odenigbo – Cleveland Browns
The rookie from Northwestern was looking like a strong candidate to make the Minnesota Vikings. A strong showing against Seattle (six tackles, a sack and a forced fumble) in Week 2 seemingly had Odenigbo in. It wasn’t meant to be, Minnesota’s defensive depth proved too much to overcome.

In Cleveland, Odenigbo can serve as a replacement for Carl Nassib, whose lack of pass rush counters coming out of Penn State was the only thing more offensive than his financial advice. Odenigbo’s promising NFL Combine and sturdy build may position him as a big addition in the initial waive of 2018 waiver claims.

So, we signed two of the top available free agents and people are ignoring it. Why?

Legend
Legend

Blows my mind.

Look I wanted Darnold. I liked some others as well.

However, looking at the big picture and all that has happened under Dorsey. I believe he has done very well.

I am behind the guy. I liked Mayfield in the draft. Just thought Darnold and Rosen were better. But I have been very encouraged by what I have seen so far from Mayfield.

I have no problem cutting Meder and Nassib. And I believe the guys they brought will be better.

At this point my stance is either you are with Dorsey, Hue, and the rest or you are against them.

It is ok to be against them. Time will tell how this turns out.

For me at this point I am backing Dorsey.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't know anything about the new guys, but those two sound promising. We'll see...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

So, we signed two of the top available free agents and people are ignoring it. Why?

I'm playing wait and see how they look here.

Davis had some of the same motor questions as Brantley when he came out. I'm hoping that they're behind him. That other teams were interested is encouraging.

Want to see how the other guy has developed since college technique-wise. I'm a little worried about his hand usage. Need to watch more of him.

Also waiting to see how Williams/STs tries to use them.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
A fourth-year defender out of Iowa, Davis was a casualty of the depth along the Ravens’ front. Sure, Davis, who was the 90th overall selection in 2015, didn’t live up to his potential in Baltimore. But in Cleveland comes much more a demand to get him on the field.

If Davis can acclimate and find rotational snaps, putting him next to budding starter Larry Ogunjobi on the defensive interior makes a ton of sense. There, Davis can utilize his two-gap skills from college to let Ogunjobi get clean one on one reps, while also affording LB Joe Schobert room to scrape laterally.

Quote:
The rookie from Northwestern was looking like a strong candidate to make the Minnesota Vikings. A strong showing against Seattle (six tackles, a sack and a forced fumble) in Week 2 seemingly had Odenigbo in. It wasn’t meant to be, Minnesota’s defensive depth proved too much to overcome.

In Cleveland, Odenigbo can serve as aOeplacement for Carl Nassib, whose lack of pass rush counters coming out of Penn State was the only thing more offensive than his financial advice. Odenigbo’s promising NFL Combine and sturdy build may position him as a big addition in the initial waive of 2018 waiver claims.

IIRC Davis had 4 waiver claims ... And Odenigbo had three claims.

Our Former players not so much, so keeping in mind the context, which is the backend of the roster ... I'm thinking that the roll of the dice, might prove to be a nice gamble.

--I did like Davis coming into the Draft, but I must admit that to this point he has underachieved imo.

--Williams and the coaching staff must have a plan on how to best utilize him.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post. I'm not implying they are great. They're bottom of the roster guys.

I just came on here after a day of partying by the pool and getting way too much sun and I read a bunch of posts criticizing Hue and Dorsey on several threads from the same guys who repeatedly attacked anyone who dared question even one of Sashi's decisions. For example, we lost Pro Bowlers and those guys defended those decisions, yet their so upset about guys like Meder and Nassib. LOL............they're killin' me, man.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Bucs claimed former Browns’ DL Carl Nassib, per source. Financial advice for Tampa.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1036716411459194880

Good luck Carl ... At least you got a star on Hard Knox thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good post. I'm not implying they are great. They're bottom of the roster guys.

I just came on here after a day of partying by the pool and getting way too much sun and I read a bunch of posts criticizing Hue and Dorsey on several threads from the same guys who repeatedly attacked anyone who dared question even one of Sashi's decisions. For example, we lost Pro Bowlers and those guys defended those decisions, yet their so upset about guys like Meder and Nassib. LOL............they're killin' me, man.

Ty

Yeah, seems like déjà vu ... Winning will help to cure that epidemic.

There is always 31 other teams fans experiencing a similar turn of events year after year ... Especially since the age of FA.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm hoping we turn it around, bro.

We have to stop w/the constant roster upheavals that come w/the new hires.

Legend
Legend
Some guys, Orchard, Drango, and Dayes, might be valuable to a team, but maybe not at their current contract numbers or terms.

They might get signed after they become free agents.

Vers, I absolutely agree that the constant upheaval in the coaches and front office always brings with it an upheaval inn personnel .... which destroys any chance at continuity with players and schemes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey YTown...........you and I have always agreed on this issue, if not others. LOL

I remember the epic post you made a couple of years ago [maybe more...I'm old] about how our constant changing of regimes leads to releasing of the players we had been developing and replacing them w/new guys.

I remember asking the refs to "pin" that thread, or putting it in the archives. Do you remember that?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

He has a workout with the Bills.

In Orchard Park?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I can't remember when I wrote that, but I seem to recall that it might have been when Pettine was fired.

Constant turnover does not lead to winning.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I can't remember when I wrote that, but I seem to recall that it might have been when Pettine was fired.

Ah, we can cut you some slack ... You do have 41,609 other post to consider for recall. LOL

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Yeah, I know this is not "pure football". Nick Chubb changed his number after the last round of cuts. Once Dayse was released I was sure he'd get the 27 jersey. Somehow the new DB got that number. Maybe it was never important to Nick. He's wearing 24 now.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hue wouldn't give it to him because he ....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LOL, dude you are too much!

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL..................bro, I was an athlete. Not sure if you played a sport or not, but if you did, you know a locker room is a crazy place. Better have the needle sharpened and thick skin.

My kids never stood a chance. I still zing them and man, they zap me, too! We are brutal. But, we laugh our asses off and have fun . A smile beats a frown.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Ah, we can cut you some slack ... You do have 41,609 other post to consider for recall. LOL

Wow, is it really that many?

You would think that I would have run out of things to say by now. crazy rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, I was a 180 lb guard and a 170 lb wrestler. I still hang with some of those guys.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow! 180 lb guard.

I had a 185 lb guard in front of me who made me much better than I actually was. The dude was tenacious. He was fast. He got into dudes like a freaking wild animal and he did it quickly. Loved that dude. I'd run off his hip and would cut off the opposite shoulder of his block. He didn't have to pancake dudes, he just burrowed into them and I was gone.

Loved that dude and my entire OL. They made me!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was a frustrated fullback. I was about 5'10". There was a guy about the same weight, 5'7" and faster than me. But I could block and I wanted to play.

Earlier you were talking about locker rooms and humor, check this out! You'll bust a gut.

Gridiron Heights

Last edited by guard dawg; 09/03/18 10:43 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

In Cleveland, Odenigbo can serve as a replacement for Carl Nassib, whose lack of pass rush counters coming out of Penn State was the only thing more offensive than his financial advice. Odenigbo’s promising NFL Combine and sturdy build may position him as a big addition in the initial waive of 2018 waiver claims.

Davis and Iffy coming from Baltimore and Minny could be a good thing.

If Dorsey looked at depth on teams with solid DL depth, that's SMART.

Lawrence ? How solid is New Orleans DL and depth? Don't know.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Quote:

Because everyone is more worried about Nassib and Meder being cut, than the fact we got the top claimants available.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I knew when it come to roster cut downs there was gonna be some unhappy campers and guess what, I wasn't wrong.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
O
Legend
Legend
O
So, is Davis our replacement/upgrade to Meder?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I liked Meder. He didn't pass rush much but he jammed up the middle., and remember without him blocking that field goal we would be 0-16 twice.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I think Davis is more of a DE, which means he is probably replacing Nassib.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I think Davis is more of a DE, which means he is probably replacing Nassib.

Davis is a DT. 320lbs. Odenigbo is the DE.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so our DTs are Coley, Ogunjobi, Davis

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
so our DTs are Coley, Ogunjobi, Davis

Yes...plus that Lawrence cat from the Saints trade.

I've read on numerous occasions that they like the thought of certain DE's playing DT on obvious passing downs...actually many DEs doing that.

For example: Ogbah moves inside and Avery rushes from the DE position...Garrett moves inside and Collins rushes from the DE position.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cuts and Additions

Link Copied to Clipboard