Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
and remember without him blocking that field goal we would be 0-16 twice.

This is true - but is it really that important?

I liked Meder's drive and ethic and all, but the fact that it takes more than being a good story, and more than being one-dimensional (and not great, but above average in that one dimension), to make the team is a good thing for the team.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
so our DTs are Coley, Ogunjobi, Davis

And Chris Smith, and probably the kid we obtained via trade from New Orleans.

Garrett, Ogbah, Thomas, and Ogenigbo are the DEs, and Collins/Avery can slide down in specialty packages.

I kinda like the idea of a 3rd down package where we have a DL of Collins, Garrett, Ogbah, and Avery, bring in both Peppers and Kindred, along with either Kirksey or Schobert, and then Ward, Mitchell, Boddy Calhoun, and Randall.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Garrett got into the backfield when he lined up at DT and bull rushed a Guard. Hoping we see more of that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Garrett got into the backfield when he lined up at DT and bull rushed a Guard. Hoping we see more of that

Depending on the team we face and how their personnel are able to deal with & counter that, I'm betting we will see a lot of it.

You have to remember though, that anything you do that creates a positive for you also creates a negative that can be exploited.... if we cannot cover the negative we create, it is a lost gamble.

We need LBers & Corners that can cover or interrupt the quick hitter while playing the run... which, we seem to have, but we need to be better at it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
@MaryKayCabot

#Browns have signed OL Brad Seaton to the practice squad; released OL Christian DiLauro from p. squad

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
wow, by all account we really liked Dilauro too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
wow, by all account we really liked Dilauro too

Yeah, kinda surprising.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Does anyone know if Dayes was picked up?

Legend
Legend

No

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

No
bummer

C
Legend
Legend
C

He worked out for the Lions, but they signed a different running back.

Legend
Legend

No
bummer

I really wish I could understand what it is with this dude. He has impressed for two years straight and then he's gone from the picture... this year we straight erased him and nobody seems to want to pick him up. What am I missing?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

No
bummer

I really wish I could understand what it is with this dude. He has impressed for two years straight and then he's gone from the picture... this year we straight erased him and nobody seems to want to pick him up. What am I missing?
I agree. Is it his blocking? vision? He seems like an NFL back to me (not saying a starter)

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

He worked out for the Lions, but they signed a different running back.
thanks

Legend
Legend
Nassib was the first to get picked up,,, Congrats..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FATE

No
bummer

Probably that backs are a dime a dozen. At least those middle of the road guys. They are all about the same. Some are faster, some are bruisers, so it just boils down to what a team is looking for in the way of team fit.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder what weight we want Odenigbo at. Definitely didn't look entirely used to carrying the extra weight he added. He did have several nice pass rush reps against the Jags and seemed to do his assignment on running downs, but looked a little winded fairly often.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Dayse situation seems odd. I can think of at least 4 teams that should be taking a look at him.

Colts
Bucs
Cards
49'ers

E
Legend
Legend
E
The only cut I didn't get...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
The #Lions continue to tinker with their roster, releasing DE Anthony Zettel, source said. He had 6.5 sacks last year, starting all 16 games.

@Rapsheet

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
nateorchard44

The LAND that I love. Thank you to the Haslam family, the Browns organization, and those who work behind the scenes for 3 incredible seasons. The city of Cleveland has been good to me! #dawgpound #cleveland #ontothenext

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnW6Q--HSFZ/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=17eycorpj0vvw

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good luck, Nate!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Class move.

I hope he gets another shot but from what I've read about his time on Hard Knocks, he will do well in life, whether he plays another down in the NFL or not.

Being a good person and a hard worker almost never fails.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
good job Nate. good luck

Legend
Legend
Nice move by Nate. I also think that he'll do fine,. no matter what happens with his NFL career. He seems to have his head on straight, and seems to have a great life partner in his wife, along with beautiful kids. He's the kind of guy I really hope makes it big in life, but he'll probably be just fine with being happy in life.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I used to get on his ass as a player early on. But, he improved last year and he really came across a great guy on HK. He was always the loudest cheerleader on the sidleines and he is a great family man.

I'm not so sure how intelligent he is, but if he doesn't make it w/another team, I hope a business takes him on in a PR role. Gotta support those adorable kids, man!

One more thing.............I feel bad for dogging him earlier in his career. I think we often lose sight of the "human element" as fans.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, I used to get on his ass as a player early on. But, he improved last year and he really came across a great guy on HK. He was always the loudest cheerleader on the sidleines and he is a great family man.

I'm not so sure how intelligent he is, but if he doesn't make it w/another team, I hope a business takes him on in a PR role. Gotta support those adorable kids, man!

One more thing.............I feel bad for dogging him earlier in his career. I think we often lose sight of the "human element" as fans.

I think that we're all guilty of that.

I probably wouldn't have given a 2nd thought to the guys who were released in prior years. I have always said that I am about the team, not the individual players. However, I find myself hoping that guys like Orchard, Cajuste, Drango, Meder, and even Brobie, (and even others) find a team so they can continue their NFL dreams.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
nateorchard44

The LAND that I love. Thank you to the Haslam family, the Browns organization, and those who work behind the scenes for 3 incredible seasons. The city of Cleveland has been good to me! #dawgpound #cleveland #ontothenext

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnW6Q--HSFZ/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=17eycorpj0vvw

Thank you, and best of luck to you.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
hes a better person than Leveon Bell.
his character outweighs his talent which is most important

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
his character outweighs his talent which is most important

That's arguable (and great).

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
nateorchard44

Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Watching Hard Knocks was so damn tough knowing Orchard had been cut. They started with Roback getting cut, but knowing Orchard would be coming was a weird feeling and I dreaded that.

It was a really weird finale. All the guys they keyed in on just happened to be the guys who didn't make the roster. Normally it's much more balanced, with the adulation of some making it mixed with the heartbreak of some not making it. This one, right through, was tough.

I would have loved a little more focus on the guys who did make it: Harrison, Willies, Rice and Robinson.

Meanwhile, the risers like Higgins, Avery and Harrison didn't get much attention, if any, in spite of clearly impressing their way up the depth chart and in to the future plans of the team. Higgins, especially, who is going from the practice squad to quite possibly getting a lot of playing time.

Such a weird feeling. Although not their intention, the Hard Knocks finale was basically: "Here is all those guys we made you fall in love with getting cut by the Browns."

I feel bad for Orchard above all. Great guy, great team mate. I hate saying it, but he just didn't get it done on the field.

Last edited by BDU; 09/06/18 01:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
typically Hard Knocks focuses on 4-6 individuals the most (just like they did this year) .. and it seems like usually half of them make the team and half don't. This year it was like all of them didn't (I don't think they thought they ALL would be cut when they selected the players).

It made for a somber end IMO.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hope we give Anthony Zettel a look .. he is a solid DL with pretty good production

My buddy played with him at PSU ... says he's one of the best teammates and guys he's ever played with

Legend
Legend
I want him back. best of luck. Thanks.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I hope we give Anthony Zettel a look .. he is a solid DL with pretty good production

My buddy played with him at PSU ... says he's one of the best teammates and guys he's ever played with

Getting rid of Nassib to get Zettel would weird. Not saying that Zettel isn't a good player with a good work ethic, just saying that it's weird.

D
Legend
Legend
D
J/c

I think Nassib was and i guess still is way overrated by many on here ....

I remember the game had 2 or 3 sacks his rookie year and everyone was raving about him ... as i re-watched the game on two of the sacks .. he was blocked .. stonewalled and the QB ran to him and rendered the blocker useless ... *L* ...

I was thinking ... dude didnt beat anyone around the edge ... dude didn’t bull rush and just run over his guy ...

HE DIDN’T CREATE THE SACK .. it came to him both times ...

He’s a tweener IMO .. a really good athelete but he had no special skill ... he wasn’t quick enough or have the burst to get around the edge .. and he wasn’t strong enough to bull rush ...

He 100% fits dude dating or married to the ex stripper’s scenario of some guys peeking in college ... he was quick enough to get around the edge in college and could bull rush people .. i think one of the reasons we drafted him is cause he led the country in sacks ... i may be remembering that wrong ...

His skills didnt translate to the nfl ... and he simply didn’t imoprove ...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The #Browns could reach out to Dez Bryant again after the vested vet full salary guarantee expires next week https://t.co/4NItVy6eto
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) September 6, 2018

I figured the rumors would pick up again after week 1

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
J/c

I think Nassib was and i guess still is way overrated by many on here ....

I remember the game had 2 or 3 sacks his rookie year and everyone was raving about him ... as i re-watched the game on two of the sacks .. he was blocked .. stonewalled and the QB ran to him and rendered the blocker useless ... *L* ...

I was thinking ... dude didnt beat anyone around the edge ... dude didn’t bull rush and just run over his guy ...

HE DIDN’T CREATE THE SACK .. it came to him both times ...

He’s a tweener IMO .. a really good athelete but he had no special skill ... he wasn’t quick enough or have the burst to get around the edge .. and he wasn’t strong enough to bull rush ...

He 100% fits dude dating or married to the ex stripper’s scenario of some guys peeking in college ... he was quick enough to get around the edge in college and could bull rush people .. i think one of the reasons we drafted him is cause he led the country in sacks ... i may be remembering that wrong ...

His skills didnt translate to the nfl ... and he simply didn’t imoprove ...

I disagree with most of our opinion.

Here's the caveat ... Will the player replacing him or Orchard for that matter be an upgrade?

Time will tell, but imo Smith is not as good as either of those guys.

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh no ... we must become mortal enemies ans only hurl insults at each other now ... *L* ...

All we can do is HOPE there upgrades dawg ..

I know nada about them and we disagree on how good Nassib is ... hopefully they end up good moves dawg ... thumbsup

I’ll start the mortal enemy/insult war next post to u ... wink

Legend
Legend
I know that Nassib was picked up, any word on Drango, Meder or Orchard..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cuts and Additions

Link Copied to Clipboard