Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I know that Nassib was picked up, any word on Drango, Meder or Orchard..

I think none of them were picked up

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We used to be built of average NFL talent. The bar has risen and those of average NFL talent are gone.

Pretty simple.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
We used to be built of average NFL talent. The bar has risen and those of average NFL talent are gone.

Pretty simple.

You have absolutely no idea how much I want you to be correct on this.. fingerscrossed

Last edited by Damanshot; 09/06/18 01:14 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Orchard visited the Bills and Jets this week.

Nothing on Meder or Drango, though. They may get visits once veteran contracts are not guaranteed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I feel the bigger picture here is rather obvious. Most posters on this board understand and agree that it takes about three years for you to know a players full potential. If he is continuing to progress or if he's hit the wall in his development.

Thus the story with players like Nassib and Orchard. At this point in the teams development, especially on the D side, they were marginal players on the roster. Nassib going into year three and Orchard going into year four have been looked at and there was ample film to decide what their future potential would be.

At the bottom of the roster is where you decide to stick with players who have already reached their potential or go another route with players you feel have a higher potential. I believe that's how these decisions are made.

If you feel a player isn't truly a difference maker and you have a chance to replace him with a player you feel has more of an opportunity to be a difference maker in the future, I think you make that move on the bottom of the roster.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The #Browns could reach out to Dez Bryant again after the vested vet full salary guarantee expires next week https://t.co/4NItVy6eto
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) September 6, 2018

I figured the rumors would pick up again after week 1

At this stage, why bother? Oh yeah, because even three days away from week one, none of us can rule out that Gordon won't get suspended by then. None of us can rule out that Gordon will play 1/4 of the season.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I feel the bigger picture here is rather obvious. Most posters on this board understand and agree that it takes about three years for you to know a players full potential. If he is continuing to progress or if he's hit the wall in his development.

Thus the story with players like Nassib and Orchard. At this point in the teams development, especially on the D side, they were marginal players on the roster. Nassib going into year three and Orchard going into year four have been looked at and there was ample film to decide what their future potential would be.

At the bottom of the roster is where you decide to stick with players who have already reached their potential or go another route with players you feel have a higher potential. I believe that's how these decisions are made.

If you feel a player isn't truly a difference maker and you have a chance to replace him with a player you feel has more of an opportunity to be a difference maker in the future, I think you make that move on the bottom of the roster.

That last sentence speaks volumes. we're going to hear that X player that replaced Meder perhaps, isn't as good and maybe that will be correct. But I think you are right, they are looking for upside/future. That takes a while.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-claim-dl-anthony-zettel

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns have claimed DL Anthony Zettel via waivers from Detroit. To make room on the roster, the club waived OL Aaron Neary.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns have claimed DL Anthony Zettel via waivers from Detroit. To make room on the roster, the club waived OL Aaron Neary.

Is he on the edge or up the middle?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Quote:

Lions played him at end.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Quote:

Lions played him at end.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obI0nW-Rw84

^ Highlight video, cursing in the video.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Quote:

Quote:
Unless I’m missing something the Zettel move for Neary tells me they’re starting Harrison. They have 7 total lineman right now. Corbett backup inside and Robinson outside. I could be wrong like I normally am, but this one seems to tell a story.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1037803801724383232

C
Legend
Legend
C

Quote:

Quote:
Last year Zettel was top-35 in pressures at edge defender and showed versatility, rushing 47% of the time from the left and 53% from the right when lined up at edge

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1037806917064843264

O
Legend
Legend
O

Quote:

Quote:
Last year Zettel was top-35 in pressures at edge defender and showed versatility, rushing 47% of the time from the left and 53% from the right when lined up at edge

So.... the obvious question is, "Why was he available?"

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Quote:

Quote:

So.... the obvious question is, "Why was he available?"
Patricia didn't like his fit with his defense. Why they waited so long, I'm not sure

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
The guys on the radio (Bull & Fox) seem to think the Neary cut means Bitonio is moving back to LG and Harrison is starting at LT, because now Corbett has to take on backup role at C. I'm not sure that necessarily is the case, because Corbett can still start at LG and be the backup C. Its not like Hue would say "We can't risk Corbett getting hurt. He's our backup at C, after all.". Seems to me that John Greco started a lot of games at OG while being primary backup to Alex Mack. I would be stunned if Desmond Harrison is our starting LT in Game 1 vs the Steelers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Doesn’t mean Harrison is going to start. It just means they are comfortable if he needs to play.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
Doesn’t mean Harrison is going to start. It just means they are comfortable if he needs to play.

Either way, according to Hue, we'll know tomorrow who is going get the call.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
early reports are that Harrison will start, at least from some beat writers

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I would think that Corbett will be the backup OC now.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So we cut Nassib a 3rd rnd pick and pick up his college teammate Zettel a 6th rnd pick who wasn't rated as high as Nassib coming out of the 2016 draft.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Has anyone noticed that three of our top 4 draft picks (all within the top 35 picks of the 2018 NFL draft) will not be starting players?

Corbett is a huge bust.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawg66
So we cut Nassib a 3rd rnd pick and pick up his college teammate Zettel a 6th rnd pick who wasn't rated as high as Nassib coming out of the 2016 draft.
Suggests that draft projections are an inexact process.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Zettel had more sacks last year than Nassib had in 2 years.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Has anyone noticed that three of our top 4 draft picks (all within the top 35 picks of the 2018 NFL draft) will not be starting players?

Corbett is a huge bust.
that's a concern. Not saying any are busts, but it sucks that they arent starters

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Corbett is a huge bust.

LOL............we haven't even played a game yet.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

Corbett is a huge bust.

LOL............we haven't even played a game yet.

An OL picked with the 1st pick of the second round and he cannot break into the starting lineup at G....BUST!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Zettel only has 2 more sacks then Nassib and Nassib played out of position his first year as 3-4 DE.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Corbett is a huge bust.

Corbett will probably start Sunday, and has looked pretty decent this preseason. How is he a bust?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Corbett is a huge bust.

...... rofl as if that is a prerequisite for success.

Question ... Did Bernie start his fist game as a rookie?!

[Linked Image]

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: cle23

Corbett is a huge bust.

Corbett will probably start Sunday, and has looked pretty decent this preseason. How is he a bust?

He won't be starting.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

Corbett is a huge bust.

...... rofl as if that is a prerequisite for success.

Question ... Did Bernie start his fist game as a rookie?!

QB and OL are completely different. an OG picked at the first pick of the second round needs to start. We could have had Harold Landry at that spot. I screamed at the TV when we picked Corbett.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Zettel only has 2 more sacks then Nassib and Nassib played out of position his first year as 3-4 DE.

I like the addition of Zettel, but I can't forsee us carrying six DE's thoughout the season.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I still dont even know what Chad Thomas looks or plays like

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Corbett is a huge bust.

He won't be starting.

You have inside info? He started all preseason and is listed as the starter on the depth chart.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Corbett is a huge bust.

He won't be starting.

You have inside info? He started all preseason and is listed as the starter on the depth chart.
The beat writers were reporting today that Harrison is "likely" starting at LT and Bitonio at LG

Legend
Legend
When I saw that Zettel had 6.5 sacks last year I knew we would claim him. The common thing among all the new D line players is pressure, pressure and more pressure. Question I have is how are they against the run?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like the addition of Zettel, but I can't forsee us carrying six DE's thoughout the season.

I just find it funny that we cut Nassib who was the higher rated of the two and pickup his college teammate. Zettel does have 2 more career sacks then Nassib but Nassib played out of position his 1st year and Nassib also has 9 career passes defenced to zero for Zettel. I don't see where we improved at all.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
L
Legend
Legend
L

I just find it funny that we cut Nassib who was the higher rated of the two and pickup his college teammate. Zettel does have 2 more career sacks then Nassib but Nassib played out of position his 1st year and Nassib also has 9 career passes defenced to zero for Zettel. I don't see where we improved at all.

You find it funny we signed a guy that’s more productive as a rusher and grades better against the run?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I still dont even know what Chad Thomas looks or plays like

Does that mean he's a bust too ... oh wait ... wrong poster ...

wink ...

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cuts and Additions

Link Copied to Clipboard