Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
Are people really going to blame Hue and Dorsey and give Josh yet another pass?

Y'all are incredible!!!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Benjamin Allbright
‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL
1m1 minute ago

No official failed test per league source.

@MaryKayCabot reporting late + erratic behavior for Josh Gordon this AM.

So he acted like the bonehead he is? And everyone knows him to be?

And you cut him?

COME ON

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yea, if it’s because he screwed up again in the way of popping hot, then this is the right thing to do.

If this is about being late to the facility, then it’s a huge WTF from Dorsey.

We better be singing dez, cause this team can’t afford to be cutting top tier talent over small infractions. Right now I don’t see a WR on our roster that can go over the top on a defense.

Had to have popped again. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

We will see. Cause if not.....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Whatever issues he's dealing with, it must be a crappy situation to go through.

Oh what might have been....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
J
Legend
Legend
J
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

Browns releasing Josh Gordon, who showed up late and 'not himself' on Saturday
Updated 7:51 PM; Posted 7:28 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
NEW ORLEANS, La. -- The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself,' league sources told cleveland.com.

They're releasing him on Monday and finally closing the book on the long saga of substance abuse, suspensions, second chances and redemption.

Team doctors examined Gordon, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he had relapsed and was struggling with his substance use again.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and one source said he was mad at himself for letting the team down.

"This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday,'' Browns GM John Dorsey said in a statement. "For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we've reached a point where we feel it's best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well."

Gordon just rejoined the team on Aug. 18 after spending an extended period of time in treatment at the University of Florida. The Browns welcomed him back with open arms, but reached the end of their rope with what happened on Saturday.

Gordon, 27, has been suspended for 56 of a possible 97 games in his Browns career

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Zac Jackson
‏Verified account @AkronJackson
21m21 minutes ago

After one more time having to lie for him this morning, the Browns finally had enough. Gordon formally will be released Monday and subject to waivers.

If Hue Jackson is letting things slip via friends and family again - I will be pissed.

Why would that [censored] you off? LMAO

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Zac Jackson
21m21 minutes ago

After one more time having to lie for him this morning, the Browns finally had enough. Gordon formally will be released Monday and subject to waivers.

What lies? Give us dirt! Dirt now!

probably about his hamstring injury today. It sounds like he showed up possibly hung over? I'm not sure weed would make him erratic.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
If he hasnt failed a test yet. I would bet a large sum of money that there will b a guy with a pee bottle knocking on his door first thing tomorrow AM. The Browns must know that he is a test failure waiting to happen.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Seems pretty obvious he had a relapse. Such a shame.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Yea, if it’s because he screwed up again in the way of popping hot, then this is the right thing to do.

If this is about being late to the facility, then it’s a huge WTF from Dorsey.

We better be singing dez, cause this team can’t afford to be cutting top tier talent over small infractions. Right now I don’t see a WR on our roster that can go over the top on a defense.

Had to have popped again. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

We will see. Cause if not.....

If not and I'm Jimmy, he better have walked into the facility telling people he was a piece of broccoli or something that crazy cause I'd be angry as hell with my HC and GM.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I KNEW IT !!!!

This injury thing smelt to high heaven.
The missing of camp for rehab purposes, sham!
Add these sudden injuries, I think he's mentally broken.

Gordon's talent WAS undeniable, factor in the " head case " baggage, he's not worth it.

His head is screwing the Browns plan to move forward & I'll bet that it will be only a matter of time until he pulls the same crap on another team.

My guess, cue Dez. BS!!!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
14m14 minutes ago

On Josh Gordon: He was late today to the facility, source said. In addition, he was fine at Friday’s practice, then injured his hamstring. The question of how is part of the reason they released him. My understanding is it’s an overall trust issue for a player on thin ice.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Browns Beat Saints, post game presser every question is about Josh.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Gotta go with Vers on this one. IF JG did anything even remotely near having a drink, smoking, or taking something there's no way in hell Hue or Dorsey should be given any crap. This team has stood by Gordon long enough, and enough is enough.

Th

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Sports
Browns drop a bombshell, cut receiver Josh Gordon
Yahoo Sports Frank Schwab,Yahoo Sports 11 minutes ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

The Cleveland Browns’ seemingly never-ending patience with receiver Josh Gordon finally ran out.

Early Saturday, the team ruled Gordon out of Sunday’s game with a sudden hamstring injury. Then on Saturday evening they announced they had cut Gordon.

Notice the terseness in the statement, reminding everyone that for six years the Browns gave Gordon chance after chance, despite numerous suspensions. The end of the line came Saturday. The move will be official on Monday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said.

Josh Gordon has been unreliable through his career
The injury news with Gordon was surprising, yet because it was Gordon, maybe it wasn’t that surprising.

Gordon wasn’t on the injury report. But on Saturday, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said he came in and said his hamstring wasn’t feeling good. He hurt his hamstring in August, shortly after he returned to the team following a curious hiatus from the team as training camp started.

The circumstances were highly unusual. It’s very rare a player doesn’t show up on the injury report but gets ruled out on Sunday. It was all suspicious, and then came the surprising news about Gordon’s release. You have to wonder what happened behind the scenes, because the Browns were patient with him through a lot of things more serious than a Saturday hamstring injury.

Gordon has been entirely unreliable in his career, and that goes back to his college days. He has played in just 11 games since 2013 due to various transgressions. Most of them involve failed drug tests and NFL suspensions.

In 2013, Gordon led the NFL in receiving. He’s still just 27 years old. That’s why the Browns kept giving him chances. That’s why it’s a decent bet, as long as there was no relapse by Gordon, that he’ll be given another chance.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-drop-bombshell-cut-receiver-josh-gordon-233227829.html

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Legend
Legend
D

Zac Jackson
21m21 minutes ago

U sure he didnt lie to us Zac ... cause appearantly hitting women, getting DWI’s and being to stoned to rape women doesn’t cross the line ...

BUT u lie to King John and its ALL OVER ...

And please please don’t tell me MR. HONESTY King John hasn’t god forbid ... LIED OT US IN THE PAST ... NO WAY ...

Well ... Spirit and the other poster that hated Josh will be happy ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are defending Josh and bashing the Browns in this situation?

Oh man. You guys are so freaking clueless. I'm out!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Zac Jackson
21m21 minutes ago

Why would that [censored] you off? LMAO

Because he used his daughter to get his agenda out when the shenanigans went down last year with the trade/no trade ... and even if I think Sashi was wrong for not executing on something that was agreed upon - Hue was wrong to take to social media to air Browns laundry.

If Hue Jackson is letting things slip via friends and family again - I will be pissed.

I get that you feel obliged to protect Hue if anyone suggests anything negative about our 1-31-1 coach - but that's how I feel.

LMAO

Last edited by mgh888; 09/15/18 08:01 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Any Day of the Calander Year, The Cleveland Browns may cut a skilled position offensive player, which was a contributor on their team, of their own volition.

No other team in the NFL or any level of football I can think of, college, CFL, high school, arena league ?, is known for this.

Good thing they went and got a quarterback, so now they can cut all the receivers.. rofl

You just have to laugh, What happened he scored too many touchdowns.
"If you score touchdowns, you're out!"

Who are they going to cut next, Duke? He's the only one left.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Josh Gordon never fails to fail. I'm over it; time to move on.

NEXT!

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Maybe it was drinking. If he took the time off to deal with a relapse of alcohol and then the team found out he had been drinking again. The team believe that Josh will not be able to control his addictions if he is not abstaining from all of them. Who knows but it is highly disappointing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You are defending Josh and bashing the Browns in this situation?

Oh man. You guys are so freaking clueless. I'm out!

You need to calm down.

Look at the responses. Everybody is stating that if it’s drugs again then it’s the right thing to do. But being late?

Come on. So again, if this is over drugs, then yes he needed to be cut, but we can’t afford to lose proven talent on this team over being late.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't think any of us really hated Josh .. but you can only watch the same train wreck so many times before turning off the TV. It was time .. Had to do it before he got suspended again because you can't cut a suspended player.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
L
Legend
Legend
L
We gave him several years of mulligans. If he indeed screwed up again, can you really blame the Browns for cutting their losses?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I am fine with this.

I thought we should have cut him this off-season, and this is why I thought it was stupid to rely upon him. You cannot depend upon the undependable. It never works out.

He's a talented guy, whose career will be nothing but disappointments and "what ifs".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wonder if we coulda traded him for anything

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Well, Josh does not appear to be able to handle pressure/anxiety. We still don't know why he decided to miss training camp.
But we were willing once again turn our heads.
I was fully rooting for Josh but we can finally move on and it's time too.

If I only knew then what I know today...
Legend
Legend
I wonder if we coulda traded him for anything

I think we would have if we could have.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
More PT for Higgins I guess

Legend
Legend
On a big picture note, there isn’t a defense in the league scared of our WR core.

As usual.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so, now it's Landry, Higgins, Callaway ... not quite as good

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
If it was a failed test and they knew it and he was going to be suspended again, then he needed to go.
Almost anything else, they needed to sit back and analyze before they cut. maybe try to get something for him or make an example of him another way.

because he was late and not himself. I am going to need a little more information on that one

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

Browns releasing Josh Gordon, who showed up late and 'not himself' on Saturday
Updated 7:51 PM; Posted 7:28 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
NEW ORLEANS, La. -- The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself,' league sources told cleveland.com.

They're releasing him on Monday and finally closing the book on the long saga of substance abuse, suspensions, second chances and redemption.

Team doctors examined Gordon, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he had relapsed and was struggling with his substance use again.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and one source said he was mad at himself for letting the team down.

"This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday,'' Browns GM John Dorsey said in a statement. "For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we've reached a point where we feel it's best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well."

Gordon just rejoined the team on Aug. 18 after spending an extended period of time in treatment at the University of Florida. The Browns welcomed him back with open arms, but reached the end of their rope with what happened on Saturday.

Gordon, 27, has been suspended for 56 of a possible 97 games in his Browns career

He’s done ...

He’ll never play on an NFL field again ..

Wonder what he’s doing right now ... wonder if he’s blowing the rest of last weeks game check on whatever his choice of poison is ...

Good luck Josh .. u and your children are gonna need it dude ..

Legend
Legend
Higgins and Callaway will have to step up this week.

Man, what a waste Gordon turned out to be. What a shame. The guy has all the talent you could want, and no ability to stay clean. (which, face it, this has to be. There aren't a lot of other good answers here)

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Reports indicate he was late and wasn't acting "right".. Hammy was fine last night after practice... It was time guys. I loved Josh but the team just cant depend on him. See YA. Next man up!..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
yea ninth strike he is done , wasted talent

Legend
Legend
This is no surprise to me at all.

I am listening to Adam Schftner and it was an accumulation of many things.

His teammates and coaches have to depend upon each other.

He is just not dependable. Nice guy. Tough story. Wish him well. But this team at this time had to move on.

I completely agree with Dorsey on this decision.

Legend
Legend
Sad to see... sounds like he can't stay clean... time to move on

<><

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
We gave him several years of mulligans. If he indeed screwed up again, can you really blame the Browns for cutting their losses?

Cutting there losses? ... DUDES DONE ...

We did the right things every step of the way in this case ...

No reason to let him go til now ..

Some posters looked at him as a distraction ... i looked at him like a BONUS if he ever did get straight .. he was a FREE ROLL ...

Its not like we didn’t adress the WR position this off season ... i’m not sure what else the “whiners” wanted us to do ...

King John did what he could this off season to adress the position ... not sure what others think he should have done .. i certainly have no clue ...

Josh was a FREE ROLL that didn’t pay off ...

Had he paid off it would have been ONE HELL OF A FREE ROLL PAYOUT ...

Good Luck Josh ... you and your kids are gonna need it ...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
sometimes a coach/GM/parent/etc just "knows" when it's time to let it go

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Released

Link Copied to Clipboard