Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
The only other thing I am thinking is that maybe there is a down side to Dorsey as the GM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Unfortunately, it appears Josh still dealing with substance abuse.

An outstanding talent being thrown away. In all honesty, the Browns probably should have moved on from him the same time they did Manziel.

The child support payments just got tougher.

Onward and upward for the Browns.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Kudos to this front office doing what probably should have been done 4 years ago. Wonder if we will bring in dez now

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
The only other thing I am thinking is that maybe there is a down side to Dorsey as the GM.

He's no nonsense like Mangini, but more willing to take a flyer on questionable character guys. I'm okay with that.

T
Legend
Legend
T
We often seem to have such a talented group in May.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
At LAST!!!

Glorious Day!

The Josh Gordon Drama Train that the Browns Braintrust WILLFULLY chose to ride in the vain, false hope of building a real NFL receiver corps... that train has derailed and plunged into the abyss. Hurrah!

NOW!

FINALLY!!!

The Browns have no choice but to build up a proper NFL receiver corps. No longer will the fools rule! No longer will the Browns be blinded by false hope, false promises, false expectations, and false receiver messiahs.

The REAL messiah, known as REALITY, is finally come to save us from the endless cycle of Browns front office receiver stupidity.

We welcome you, Glorious REALITY Messiah!!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Adam Schefter Verified account
@AdamSchefter
already calling the Browns, who league sources believe are far more likely to trade Josh Gordon than release him.

Gordon is a vested vet and is not subject to waivers. So if he is cut, he is a free agent and can sign where he wants, for what he wants.

A lot at stake.

Tweet

Rookie
Rookie
Per Adam Schefter

Josh Gordon hurt his hamstring at a promotional shoot, not at practice, per source.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You are defending Josh and bashing the Browns in this situation?

Oh man. You guys are so freaking clueless. I'm out!

If he relapsed .. i’m Fine with it ..

If he didn’t .. im not defending Josh but i’m Certainly PEED at Dorsey ..

U wanna cut bait with him .. ok .. i get it .. but if he didnt relapse he had TRADE VALUE at the least ...

If he didnt relapse .. this is TWO HORRIBLE MOVES in a row by King John ...

PS. How does being peed at King John equal sticking up for Josh? ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Adam Schefter Verified account
@AdamSchefter
already calling the Browns, who league sources believe are far more likely to trade Josh Gordon than release him.

Gordon is a vested vet and is not subject to waivers. So if he is cut, he is a free agent and can sign where he wants, for what he wants.

A lot at stake.

Tweet

Yeah another 7th rounder maybe

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
We should be able to find out in the next few days if he was using again with the next drug test he takes, but I don't know how often he takes them, so maybe not?

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Please trade him; at least we can choose where he goes...I don't want to see him go to the Patriots or Ravens

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
just clicking...

Quote:
Team doctors examined Gordon, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he had relapsed and was struggling with his substance use again.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and one source said he was mad at himself for letting the team down.

I think the above information from a story above gives us enough to know why Gordon is being released.

He shows up complaining of his hammy the day before a game, and the doctors did a bit more than check his hammy. In Gordon's case, looks like he just ran out of chances with the Browns.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Legend
Legend
D
CONGRATS DAWG ...

thumbsup

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'll just keep it as this...

As much as Dorsey loves getting even a 7th round pick in return for anyone, there was no takes for him at even that rate....I'd bet money on that.

I have given up on Gordon years ago, and now we can move on from the drama.

I'm not sure if we are going to go the Dez Bryant route...there is actually a decent pile of FA WRS...but all of them have not been signed because of reasons, Dez included. (I know Lafell got picked up a week or two ago, but I forget who signed him)

Now the trade route...I'm just trying to think...Actually the dark horse may indeed be Devante Parker...The front office there isn't really thrilled with him, and considering they dont have a lot of cap and we have more than anyone I can see a line...They also inked Amendola, Grant, re-signed Stills...so they have some guys already. In addition I think a later round pick will get Devante. Now coming out I thought Parker reminded me a lot of Crabtree (not a blazer, but can move the chains because of his size and hands) Now also like Crabtree he has had multiple lower leg injuries (and I think broke his pinky a couple weeks ago) Injuries have been his weakness...he is somewhat soft for his size in addition. Remember we traded with Miami earlier this year, and I'm sure Jarvis will share his insight with coaches. Though it's pure speculation, Parker is one of the few WRs I've heard of being possible traded this summer...

All I know is Higgins and Calloway are going to be in trouble facing #2 and #3 corners and coverage...I'll take the opposing defense every time on them...Be really horrid if anyone gets injured (Jarvis included) We will be hopeless out there. Anyone know of any WRs that may get shopped?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
We should be able to find out in the next few days if he was using again with the next drug test he takes, but I don't know how often he takes them, so maybe not?

If he wasnt using, he probably will. He has a fragile mental state and I'm sure this won't help.

No Craps Given
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Are people really going to blame Hue and Dorsey and give Josh yet another pass?

Y'all are incredible!!!

Preach it, bra!

I might ding Hue a bit for being all school girl giddy on Hard Knocks at the mention of Gordon's return, but he and Dorsey more than make up for their foolish infatuation by doing the right thing for the Browns.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
as always, there's A LOT surrounding Josh

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
It's always something with this team. Hopefully this can be the start of a new chapter, but I fear not.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
They should have done this ages ago. One more point for Dorsey IMHO.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Josh Gordon hurt his hamstring at a promotional shoot, not at practice, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041119612149145601

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yikes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Would be nice to have a week without drama.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041119612149145601

I love Josh Gordon irrationally. At some point there had to be a point of no return.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Need to sign Dez Bryant immediately.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think that's how the FO has to feel. I bet a weight is lifted off their shoulders

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I wanted him to succeed, but I am fine with this. It appears the lie they had to tell was that he hurt his hammy at practice. Now they are reporting it happened at a promotional shoot. My question is what was the promotion? Was he trying to sell his "Flash" apparel?

Then they say he was late and "not himself"? Sounds like our boy got his first game check and fell off the wagon. I can't see Dorsey just dropping him that quick for just being late. I got a feeling he was a big part of the game plan, and this supposed injury that happened ,not at practice, made it so he couldn't play. Maybe he tried to self medicate. They did report that team doctors checked him. If he could play, I think they would have waited, it's the day before the game.

Isn't against the rules to report he failed a test without permission from the league? I think come Monday the whole story will come out. I se Dorsey calling Dez back. He now can come in and be the #1 like I'm sure he wanted.

Last edited by Steubenvillian; 09/15/18 08:39 PM.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Start Higgins. Groom Callaway. Sign Dez.

Move on and build the talent.

This season could get ugly quick, sadly.

Tyrod plays poorly. They lose this week.Then lose to Darnold?

Baker gets rushed. Not good.

I sure hope it doesn't go that way.

One game in. Please don't panic.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
If he hasnt failed a test yet. I would bet a large sum of money that there will b a guy with a pee bottle knocking on his door first thing tomorrow AM. The Browns must know that he is a test failure waiting to happen.

That seems to make the most sense right now.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Even if we sign Dez, How many weeks will he be behind in the scheme of things (This goes for anyone we sign or trade for) Going to have to depend on Higgins and Calloway a lot at least for the next several weeks.

Legend
Legend
Jets defense will be drooling to go against our WR core.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah, bad timing with two gmes in 4 days

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
CONGRATS DAWG ...

thumbsup

Was that over the top?

I can never tell... grin

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Y'know what, Josh wasn't that big a factor in moving the ball last week, had only one catch that I can remember (the touch down) so it's not like we're missing much.

Our guys can catch, we don't have to have glorious 60 yard receptions, just need to keep moving the ball down the field so we can rest the defense, and score touch downs.

We'll be fine./

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Start Higgins. Groom Callaway. Sign Dez.

Move on and build the talent.

This season could get ugly quick, sadly.

Tyrod plays poorly. They lose this week.Then lose to Darnold?

Baker gets rushed. Not good.

I sure hope it doesn't go that way.

One game in. Please don't panic.

I don't think Gordon being cut is going to derail anything. He was not here for preseason, and they did fine. If anything, I think this solidifies the team more. This was the group that worked together in camp, trying hard to push Gordon back into the mix probably was not a good thing for the locker room, especially the WR room.

In Haley's presser he was adamant about "players" missing long periods of time. I thought he sounded as if Gordon was not doing the right things Sunday. Just a guess, but just maybe, that had something to do with the offensive struggles in the passing game.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Please nooooo.

More drama and little production. Missed all of training camp and preseason to get in football shape.

Let the WRs on our team use this opportunity to grow.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Please nooooo.

More drama and little production. Missed all of training camp and preseason to get in football shape.

Let the WRs on our team use this opportunity to grow.

This is the way to go.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think our current WRs will be fine. I am also ok with adding Dez for some depth, and work him in on a few plays until he gets up to speed, however long that takes.

No Craps Given
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
You guys questioning Dorsey or the Browns on this move are hilarious.
Gordon didn't miss training camp to get his head straight and his hamstring injury sounds about like Manziel's concussion when he showed up hungover to practice. The guy is 100% no doubt about it still on the sauce. You don't just release a guy of Gordon's talent with no compensation unless he's damaged goods, Dorsey is not an idiot.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Knight
You don't just release a guy of Gordon's talent with no compensation unless he's damaged goods, Dorsey is not an idiot.

Well it sounds like we are going to trade him, so there's that.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Released

Link Copied to Clipboard