Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good grief! The man must have some mental problems.

[Linked Image]

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I'll tell you this, if it turns out he DID NOT fail a test and we let him go anyways I dont think that was the best move. If he is still clean then why drop him? I understand he was late to practice, but it has to be baby steps with him. Just staying clean is a huge step forward

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I am still thinking that, even if he did not fail a test, the team has reason to believe he will fail one if it is administered. Or, he left for the month due to alcohol use and a concern that said use could lead to using other stuff. After all of that, if he showed up Saturday hungover and late I think the team could have finally had enough.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
It’s amazing how quickly the mood can go from highly optimistic to “how about that 2019 draft?” in a short couple of weeks. From thinking we had a very good receiving Corp and good talent at LB to losing Coleman, Kendricks and Gordon in short order.

If your only hope for the season was meathead you are very naive. How many times can it be said? Never count on Josh Gordon! I have a lot of hope for this season and more so now that the huge distraction is over. We HAVE a great WR. A guy that WANTS it. Once the offense gels Landry will show why we brought him here. I'd take one Landry over 100 meatheads. Let's celebrate a player that did show up for camp. Did bust his butt all Summer to be the best he could be for us.

I find it very difficult to respond to you. As I think the whole nickname thing is very immature and honestly if I were running the board I would probably ban you. But, I am not and so it is what it is. I did not say that my only hope was Josh Gordon. You may want to read the actual quote before throwing around insults. What I said/ meant was that just prior to TC I was very happy with our WR Corp as a whole. I never knew that Coleman was the problem off the field that he turns out to be. Injury prone, yes and,while not worth the 1st round pick we used to draft him, would be a good number 3 Wr. This along with a finally clean, healthy and focused Josh Gordon and the addition of Landry! Things seemed to be looking up. I also though Kendricks looked like he was going to be a force at LB and felt good about our LBs. Not saying I don’t understand why all of these guys where let go but it does really wreck some of the optimism for this year.
And there is little doubt in my mind that a healthy, clean Gordon, a healthy and focused Coleman and a non felon Kendricks had the potential to make the Browns a better team. But, congratulations on being right about Gordon.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Diam ... I can really appreciate your optimism and mindset this season. I like that you are set on being part of the "change" in attitude around our franchise. But to call me a quitter is not correct; in fact, I'm one of the most loyal and mentally strong people that I know ... to a fault. Do I get frustrated with our team's lack of success? Of course. But I'm not a quitter, not irrational, and am as loyal as it gets.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
NFL Week 2 News & Notes: Browns Want Josh Gordon Trade Offers

Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire/Getty Images
Plus, why teams might be less willing to take on Gordon now than they would be in the offseason, one Viking who could cause plenty of problems for Aaron Rodgers, Mariota’s grip, injury issues in the NFC South, Detroit’s problems and more

ALBERT BREER Sunday September 16th, 2018

1. The Browns’ decision to announce WR Josh Gordon’s pending release is a de facto smoke signal to the other 31 teams: Make us an offer. And it’s smart business. Cleveland has seemingly given Gordon a million second chances. If they can get a return—however small—and determine his destination in order to minimize the chance this comes back to haunt them directly, that’s their right. Obviously, there are plenty of people in the organization rooting for Gordon to get his act together, but business is business.

2. As for teams looking to acquire Gordon, there are lots of questions to answer, and obvious ones concerning his late arrival to training camp, the nature of his last couple days in Cleveland, and where he is personally after all this. And then there’s this point that one exec raised to me on Saturday night: Taking a risk on a guy is different in September as opposed to March. You have fewer roster spots, and disruptions are magnified since every week is a game week. That’s something any team has to take into account on Gordon.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nf...on-rodgers-knee

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
the problem is, I don't even know what a team would/could offer for him ... you'd think it'd be a conditional pick, but who knows

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Too bad. Such an incredibly physically gifted athlete.

But excelling at the pro level is "90% mental".

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I really hope he gets a handle on his addiction/life.
I have many friends who have...I've buried friends who didn't.

As our Coordinators state though..."Next Man Up!"

Legend
Legend
Decide. Act. Move on. Get something in a trade. Get something for his roster spot. I wish him well. Get a player who is full time in there.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Prayers for Josh ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Man, he had the world in his hands. Sad to see someone just give it away.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I was sorry to hear about the release. I was rooting for Josh and was hoping he could put his problems behind him and help us win. Something had to have happened and the Browns said enough is enough. Josh was part of the old regimes and the negativity. Our current FO is trying to put all that behind us. Josh was given a chance with our new FO and failed somehow. John Dorsey won't tolerate the nonsense and distractions and shouldn't. JG 's production over the past 4 years can be filled. I wish him well and good luck to whomever he signs with. They'll need it.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think Josh never really dedicating himself to the playbook
was the final straw.
Todd Haley I think had alot of say in this move

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
[quote=lampdogg]we're NOT gonna need a bigger boat.

I've been a Browns fan for 30 years. That sound like quitter to you?

Dawg .... U SUNK MY FERRY ... thats not quitting? .... *L* ...

Quote:
Btw, when I said 'the captain's drunk', I wasn't referring to you, just the captain of the fictional boat headed to a fictional island. Lol

With all my fictional friends ... wink ...

I said I was gonna have fun .. i ain’t letting this detour me ... NOT A SHOT IN HELL ..

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO ..

Now, Do u prefer Labbats or Molson ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
I think Josh never really dedicating himself to the playbook
was the final straw.
Todd Haley I think had alot of say in this move

I think he knew the playbook (look at his comments in Hard Knocks regarding it), but he was on a "I'll support you, but the leash is extra short given your past" and the hamstring pull at a non-practice event was all that was needed with this endless troubled kid to push the staff over.

I can't wait until this thread locks up and I don't have to see it anymore, I've moved on the second it was made public. I didn't like talking about the kid when he was on the team.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: myka
Poor Gordon, another victim of the Cleveland Curse.

LOL. Yeah, he had no problems until he got to Cleveland notallthere

No affect on the ferry or the isle. We were all too seasoned to rely on that flake.

YO CAP ... make sure u got some molsons and labbats for lamp at YOUR OCEANSIDE BAR and LOUNGE ... he’s gonna need it ... thumbsup

Did u name it Cap’s Tiki Bar? ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bottom line bro ... lookingback at his entire life since day 1 in college ... and I wouldn’t imagine HS was real pretty either ...

Calling him meathead is an insult to meatheads ...

Dudes got issues ... i hope he didnt relapse ... wouldn’t wish that on anyone ... his family needs him ..

Good Luck Josh ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I can't wait until this thread locks up and I don't have to see it anymore...

Yep. For years, every time there was a Josh Gordon thread or post we got that "please don't be another screw up" feeling in our craw before opening it. Time to move on.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
From everything I've seen, nothing is referencing drug issue/relapse.

But it's early.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
didn't read any posts as I'm in a rush.

Gordon... F-him as he has shown nothing but F-us including teammates fans and the organization.

In hard knocks I could tell that Dorsey did not share the enthusiasm regarding Josh Gordon that Hue did. But it was a hard time and place with Hue losing his brother and mom but you can tell Dorsey was holding back on Josh.

From what I understand Gordon was doing a PROMO shoot...you know me, me stuff and tore his hamstring.

This after we named his the starting WR along side Landry for the Saints game. So this was the perverbial LAST STRAW for Dorsey who won't take crap from anyone.

The only negative I have regarding the Browns was that we are not going to get a Draft pick in his stead.

But possibly we will be as who knows teams might be contacting us as they don't wish to bid for his services in FA. So possibly the door is not closed on that.

I'm just thinking that we could trade something to the Redskins or something like that.

You know if FA probably the Patriots as a landing point.

Good luck Josh but we had enough of you.

I have always maintained that no team ever built their team around a WR. An amazing talent but as a "TEAM" you first need a Good-Great QB. Then 5 solid WRs that have good hands, run good routes and work hard and unselfishly.

Landry, Duke, Higgins Calloway and one of the youngsters will step up like Ratley.

Also it would not surprise me one bit if we end up signing Dez Bryant...who never had a suspension problem and works hard and is that miss match in the Red Zone.

I like Dorsey and this is him all over. We will not miss a beat, it is a shame that we never got to see his value.

All the best but don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Diam ... I can really appreciate your optimism and mindset this season. I like that you are set on being part of the "change" in attitude around our franchise. But to call me a quitter is not correct; in fact, I'm one of the most loyal and mentally strong people that I know ... to a fault. Do I get frustrated with our team's lack of success? Of course. But I'm not a quitter, not irrational, and am as loyal as it gets.

Sorry .... I shouldn’t have called u a quitter ... i got caught up in the heat of the moment ... i’m actually still venting over Kendricks ... u guys can talk to me til your blue in the face .. it makes NO SENSE ... NONE ...

He’s added players that have the moral character of Satan and he cuts a guy for lying ... he has the conscience of a catholic bishop ...

None of that gives me the right to call u a quitter ... i apologize ...

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I bet Tom.Heckert is laughing from his grave now

Legend
Legend

They deleted but this franchise is incredible

https://twitter.com/SeanPullins/status/1041312666843795457

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

They deleted but this franchise is incredible

https://twitter.com/SeanPullins/status/1041312666843795457

I hope the intern keeps their job and posts a picture of AJ McCarron to announce trade deadline day.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
The best ability is availibility. Gordon should have been sent packing long ago. He doesn't deserve the patience the Browns or the league has shown him. He will not be missed.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend

Steve Smith pretty much nailed it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
-jc-

Ever since he posted instagram pics early in the year of his browns gear in the trash with poop emojis, I knew he didn’t want to be here.

The sabbatical he took during camp was probably a move he hoped would get him cut.

Then Hue sat him for a few series in the opener and the rest of the game he ran Go routes but was only targeted 3 times.

This “hamstring injury” has all the feelings of the Hillis’ strep Throat and the team sees through it as well and had enough.

Sucks for the team, we can really use a player with his talents but we don’t need his baggage. Don’t let the door hit your behind on the way out Josh.

(Obviously the above is purely my opinion and how I perceive the situation)

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes, I'm not Steve Smith's biggest fan but he nailed it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Sorry .... I shouldn’t have called u a quitter ... i got caught up in the heat of the moment ... i’m actually still venting over Kendricks ... u guys can talk to me til your blue in the face .. it makes NO SENSE ... NONE ...

He’s added players that have the moral character of Satan and he cuts a guy for lying ... he has the conscience of a catholic bishop ...

None of that gives me the right to call u a quitter ... i apologize ...

Are you talking about Gordon or Kendricks?

Kendricks .. yeah there is some questionable decision making there and you have some valid points... maybe Dorsey figured we don't need a distraction? idk.

Gordon? He's had many chances and he's still letting the team down. That's not about character that's about him failing to do turn up, show up and make football his #1 priority (along with his substance abuse issues - which will always be the true #1 priority)

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Need to sign Dez Bryant immediately.

Please nooooo.

More drama and little production. Missed all of training camp and preseason to get in football shape.

Let the WRs on our team use this opportunity to grow.

Wait, if that was the plan, the number one potential player to grow would have been Corey Coleman.

So a little forethought would have been nice.

So the Browns? Can't deal with Corey Colemans issues, or Josh Gordons issues, or
Joe Hadens, or Terrelle Pryors, or a bunch of others.

Browns need to learn to keep their team together.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Need to sign Dez Bryant immediately.

Please nooooo.

More drama and little production. Missed all of training camp and preseason to get in football shape.

Let the WRs on our team use this opportunity to grow.

Wait, if that was the plan, the number one potential player to grow would have been Corey Coleman.

So a little forethought would have been nice.

So the Browns? Can't deal with Corey Colemans issues, or Josh Gordons issues, or
Joe Hadens, or Terrelle Pryors, or a bunch of others.

Browns need to learn to keep their team together.

Browns need to learn how to select players that aren't morons/druggies (JG), injured all the time (Haden/Coleman reference) or someone who thinks after one year at WR should get paid and given a huge, multi year contract (Pryor).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I can't wait until this thread locks up and I don't have to see it anymore,

I feel the same way... But being a big supporter of Josh I still feel the need to know what exactly went down. Knowing the whole story sometimes helps with the closure.

I'm also not the biggest Hue supporter... I have started this season with a clean view of him and I have given him my support and positive input.

This situation is no good for Hue to have to go through the organization and the fans. I'm taking this season game by game. Not looking forward weeks ahead...

If Hue is being successful week by week then that means the team is being successful which means I'm enjoying the games.

This isn't a one time.." Ooops your late Josh,don't do it again " This is an on going occurrence that needs to come to a stop now so this Organization can focus on winning.

I was really hoping to get through one damn season without a Josh Gordon incident or some kind of drama that keeps that same old feeling of negativity around.

In order to create success there has to be people to be successful... I'm not sure That was Josh's intentions. Never the less I feel there are players on this team...coaches on this team..and people in the FO that want to be successful.

Those are the ones who will help turn this franchise around. Big game today against the Saints... That's where my focus will be. Man how a win today would be so what we all need.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Kendricks ... i’m having a real hard time getting over that one ... he was HUGE for this team .. HUGE ... now he’s gonna be eligible to play the entire year and just shy of the SB right now ...

If we cut Gordon and he doesn’t get suspended i’m Gonna just write it off as Dorsey being bi-polar ..

If we get something for him in a trade ... i’ll Be fine with it ...

Although if he didnt repapse all ready and were gonna try and trade him .. we sure handled this REALLY BADLY ... we just told teams to low ball the hell out of us ... *L* ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bye

Joe Thomas #73
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Browns need to learn how to select players that aren't morons/druggies (JG), injured all the time (Haden/Coleman reference) or someone who thinks after one year at WR should get paid and given a huge, multi year contract (Pryor).

U mean guys like Calloway and Harrison? ... u mean the bi-polar one oughta quit drafting or counting on dudes like that ...

Its WHO DORSEY IS ... we actually got WAY WORSE in that regard ....

Calloway’s all ready started down that rabbit hole ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I find it irritating that our fans are blaming Dorsey and/or Hue. I think this organization put up w/a ton of crap from Josh Gordon. The guy messed-up and lied about it over and over and over again.

I don't think the team is parting ways w/Josh because of one little incident. I think it is an accumulation of incidents and the team finally figured out that he was toxic to the culture of the team and that counting on him was impossible.

I imagine there all kinds of little incidents that we don't have a clue about. I think this move is all about Josh and not Hue talking to the media or Dorsey being bi-polar. It's about Josh being unreliable and untrustworthy.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

U mean guys like Calloway and Harrison? ... u mean the bi-polar one oughta quit drafting or counting on dudes like that ...

Its WHO DORSEY IS ... we actually got WAY WORSE in that regard ....

Calloway’s all ready started down that rabbit hole ...

I totally agree, the Callaway pick was something I never supported. Stop selecting creeps you morons. Do kids turn around? Yes. Do people deserve a second chance? Yes. But at some point in time you gotta realize it don't work for us.

Someone (forgive I don't recall the name) said the best ability is availability. It's the utter 100% truth.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I can agree with you on kendricks. Not the rest. I don't have a problem taking uber talented but flawed picks late in the draft.... But that doesn't give them a pass to be tardy or a distraction. Having a low tolerance for making bad choices and trying to shape a team into having attitude and commitment is a long slow process from where we were and it doesn't happen by making compromises.

let's see what comes out about Gordon, I'm sure it be a trend of tardiness, bad choices by Gordon. Jmo

M
Legend
Legend
M
And I've been a long supporter of the guy.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Released

Link Copied to Clipboard