Jax looks like a SB team

Totally rooting for Jax in offseason.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I don't understand anyone who is saying the Jets game is a must win for Hue.

because for all intent and purpose that should be a game you win. You can't keep letting a coach with this record stay employed, sometimes its as simple as a new voice for the players to respond to. Hue just isn't getting it done.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
J
Legend
Legend
J
I go, every week that I'm in town, to a Brown's bar that we have been going to for almost two decades. I've been home recently more than usual. I will continue to frequent that bar because we have such great friends there. Not for the abysmal display that I have had to watch for almost the entire duration of our time at this bar, but because of our Browns's friends, and the fact that we always make it a good time.

I've been extremely apathetic about the Browns for the last few years. I watch. I cheer. But, I have not expected anything, and we have mostly just laughed and comiserated at the bar over the poor play.

This year, I allowed myself to get a tiny bit excited. Unfortunately, the Brownishness continues, and I'm sad that I allowed myself to be such a fool.

I will continue to cheer, and go to the bar and hope for the best, as I have for seemingly forever. But, once again, I'm back to the apathetic fan I have been for some time.

Can't wait for the homers and newly excited fans to tell me what a really bad fan I am.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I feel exactly the same. I feel it about the entire NFL also! Total apathy. Not sure how one could feel differently.

M
Legend
Legend
M
As others have said - we nearly beat 2 SB caliber teams. Certainly 2 play off teams. We've got a ton of new players, new OC, new playbook. I'm not into moral victories ... but man, wake up and have some realistic expectations.

Forget 1-31. We are 0-1-1 and that 0-1-1 comes against good teams. . . .

The 1-31 only comes into play if we go 0-1-4 or so. At that point what went before comes into play .... at this point in time, like it or not, we have been in both games and are close to turning the corner.

Our record is a tied game BETTER than 90% of any sane football fans (of any team) would have expected right now. And we played one of our best games for a long time with the exception of a freaking kicker.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
However long it's been since JFF threw twice to Travis Benjamin to beat the titans or texans,

is the last time I felt like seeing the Browns "win" a game, and even on that day, I didn't feel "real well, because I thought they wouldn't win again that year.

I couldn't watch the San Francisco win, so, I totally missed that, When your team only wins once in 3 years, I guess you miss out.

We may look back and see these past two weeks as the best they played all year.

The past is the past, the future is next; The Record speaks for itself.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't think it's 90% insane to expect to win.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After seeing the team 2 games in... I'm sold on this coaching staff/FO to let it ride out the rest of the year I see a lot of progress.

We should trade for a really good kicker. I'd easily trade a 3rd or 4th.

I'm happy with TT he needs to play the entire season. He did enough to get us the win today. I have a feeling will be a 1-1-1 team after 3 games. not bad at all. .500 football is major progress.

We need to let Mayfield marinate for a year or two and absorb everything he can and get NFL read. He needs the time to learn and get bigger physically.

just remember no one expected us to win these games and we were extremely competitive.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Your actually ALL OF OUR patience will be paid off starting Thursday night ...

This is no where’s near as bad as its been in years past ...

There’s TALENT on this team Jules ... unless u think i’ve turned into a homer in my old age .. wink

This was tough ... but here’s the thing ... if before week 1 u were told we’d be 0 - 1- 1 cause we had a FG blocked against pit to win it and we would lose to NO cause our FG kicker couldn’t make an extra point or two FG’s ...

U had EVERY REASON to allow yourself to be a wee bit optimistic before this season ... it was TALENT BASED OPTIMISM ...

The first two weeks were always gonna be TOUGH ... the next two weeks should be much better ...

Keep the FAITH JULES ... hopefully your home Thursday night and u and Michelle can enjoy our first W in a LONG ASS TIME ...

Keep your chin up Jules ... this new homer is .... thumbsup

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
I go, every week that I'm in town, to a Brown's bar that we have been going to for almost two decades. I've been home recently more than usual. I will continue to frequent that bar because we have such great friends there. Not for the abysmal display that I have had to watch for almost the entire duration of our time at this bar, but because of our Browns's friends, and the fact that we always make it a good time.

I've been extremely apathetic about the Browns for the last few years. I watch. I cheer. But, I have not expected anything, and we have mostly just laughed and comiserated at the bar over the poor play.

This year, I allowed myself to get a tiny bit excited. Unfortunately, the Brownishness continues, and I'm sad that I allowed myself to be such a fool.

I will continue to cheer, and go to the bar and hope for the best, as I have for seemingly forever. But, once again, I'm back to the apathetic fan I have been for some time.

Can't wait for the homers and newly excited fans to tell me what a really bad fan I am.

Not a bad fan, more like a frustrated fan wondering when the Browns will finally win a freaking game like I am.

E
Legend
Legend
E

This year is different. We have some talent this year. That we never had before. It will make things more interesting even if we lose.

And from the bar standpoint. I'm at a sportsbar in Atl. No Browns fans, yet every single person who sits around me, or comes up to me, says they are pulling for the Browns.

We were mostly mocked before. And now everyone wants us to win. The whole bar has been screaming for us at the end of these two games. Even if they are not Browns fans.

So it is a bit different than other years.

No respect for apathy. So if you dont like it than maybe stay home. Apathy is for losers.

No Craps Given
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
The ticky tack penalty on third down that negated Ogunjobi's third sack and gave them a new sets of downs and eventually a TD really sucked.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
M
Legend
Legend
M

If you predicate the decision to keep or fire your HC (and the rest of the FO presumably) based on false expectations of your teams ability to win immediatey with a new OC, new playbook, something like 20+ new players .... while turning around a losing culture and the worst record in the history of the NFL over a 2 season span ( I think that's right?) .... then I think you just permanently secure your place in the Factory of Sadness.

I expect to beat the Jets. I did not expect to beat the Saints or the Steelers.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I agree. Hue is the self proclaimed CEO.....he had a big role in keeping the kicker and hiring the ST coordinator.

I didn't like that hire at the time it was announced and I like it even less now. (Yes, I realize we have lost some of our key ST guys). I don't know how much of a role Hue had in that hire. I must admit that I liked the drafting of ZG so I guess that shows what do I know...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
We should've kept Martin or whoever that other kicker we had was.

I'm tired of losing.

We should have kept Phil Dawson.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
J
Legend
Legend
J
You know I usually trust your football knowledge, and normally give you the benefit of the doubt, but I ain't buying a ticket to the Isle.

I'll have to kayak out there on my own to join y'all. tongue

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

For anybody who has ever had a dream of being an NFL player - now is your chance.

Kicker tryouts, open to the public, starting Monday morning in Berea, Ohio. Show up with signed medical papers at 0730.

w00t!

I totally changed my fantasy football team name to "Zane Finkle Gonzalez" this afternoon.

Gotta love it.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888

If you predicate the decision to keep or fire your HC (and the rest of the FO presumably) based on false expectations of your teams ability to win immediatey with a new OC, new playbook, something like 20+ new players .... while turning around a losing culture and the worst record in the history of the NFL over a 2 season span ( I think that's right?) .... then I think you just permanently secure your place in the Factory of Sadness.

+1

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
If Dorsey is going to change the losing culture on this team he needs to get rid of Gonzalez now! That can not be tolerated. If we lose to the Jets, then Jackson needs to go also.

Hue Jackson can go right along with him. Jackson is currently 1-32-1. Just say that with me, WOW! I never see him turning it around or the guy that will be here long term. It's over for him. The quicker we move on the better it is for the team and this city.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 09/16/18 05:23 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I agree even though I was hopeful about winning our opener. I feel the Jets game is a must for us with a 1-1-1 start exceeding most people's expectations...

T
Legend
Legend
T
It's only a losing culture if they keep losing.

It's not a false expectation for your teams ability to win, it's 2018, we've been waiting since 2011 at least.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:
No respect for apathy. So if you dont like it than maybe stay home. Apathy is for losers.

Take your fan smack elsewhere. I couldn't give less of a crap about your opinion on how I choose to be a fan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You know I usually trust your football knowledge, and normally give you the benefit of the doubt, but I ain't buying a ticket to the Isle.

I'll have to kayak out there on my own to join y'all. tongue

I'm certain that Diam will remember to throw you a lifejacket...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

Take your fan smack elsewhere. I couldn't give less of a crap about your opinion on how I choose to be a fan.

I'm not talking smack. I'm talking truth. As a person who actually repects and enjoys this team.

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

because for all intent and purpose that should be a game you win. You can't keep letting a coach with this record stay employed, sometimes its as simple as a new voice for the players to respond to. Hue just isn't getting it done.

If he made it through all of last year, then he's got all of this year.
He's Teflon.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Are we going to get to a point where we can actually talk about the game? I have quite a few thoughts about the actual game, but man, y'all are too damn emotional right now and almost every post is nonsensical.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Are we going to get to a point where we can actually talk about the game? I have quite a few thoughts about the actual game, but man, y'all are too damn emotional right now and almost every post is nonsensical.

But they are appropriate as the thread is for what we are thinking/feeling. Analysis can go in other thread(s) st up for them specifically. Have to have somewhere to unload...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: Dean
Sub-optimal? Absolutely ridiculous and worse than horrible. Cost us two wins now. Next week our kicker better be Aobh. Any one but him.

How do you guys get to cost us two wins? He didn't miss the block on the guy that blocked the kick!

That kick was low and left anyway. It wasn't going to be good even if it wasn't blocked.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
so, i know we all watched the game, but just to point out something:

Tyrod Taylor 22/30 246 8.2 1 1 3-12 94.6
Drew Brees 28/35 243 6.9 2 0 3-30 114.6

so obviously we have to take into account the actual context of the game.

I thought tyrod was bad on some throws, especially the interception. but tyrod made plays, and put us in a position to win, and kept us in the lead most of the game.

he certainly could've played better, but so could brees.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Quote:

I'm not talking smack. I'm talking truth. As a person who actually repects and enjoys this team.

Not expecting better from a team is for losers. Respect is earned. I will always love this team. I don't need to be told how to be a better fan.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
One positive: Callaway looked much better today

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And another: Harrison did too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
j/c:

But they are appropriate as the thread is for what we are thinking/feeling. Analysis can go in other thread(s) st up for them specifically. Have to have somewhere to unload...

Yep. That's always been what this thread is for. Analysis is generally done in other threads.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
j/c:

Haven't you learned yet?

WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Quote:

Not expecting better from a team is for losers. Respect is earned. I will always love this team. I don't need to be told how to be a better fan.

Apparently you do, if you're wallowing in apathy.

No Craps Given
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
so, i know we all watched the game, but just to point out something:

Tyrod Taylor 22/30 246 8.2 1 1 3-12 94.6
Drew Brees 28/35 243 6.9 2 0 3-30 114.6

so obviously we have to take into account the actual context of the game.

I thought tyrod was bad on some throws, especially the interception. but tyrod made plays, and put us in a position to win, and kept us in the lead most of the game.

he certainly could've played better, but so could brees.

It really was a nice step forward for the offense following the disaster of week one. The running game is still a little off, but the passing game showed clear improvement.

I think it's important to mention that the Saints defence remains a fearsome unit. It's not like Taylor was going in on some scrubs.

I liked the spread of the passing between Callaway, Landry and Higgins. All got involved and generally did well. Certainly much to be desired, but a step in the right direction none the less.

As mentioned, it was a really nice game from Harrison. After all the annoyance of last week, I think it's already fair to say that the coaches made a solid decision in giving Harrison the nod. He's more than held his own these last two weeks, and it's a bright sign for the future: Especially if he solidifies the LT position in time for Mayfield's eventual nod.

Certainly not a perfect game from the offense, but it was nice to see that step forward.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I had to work all day and missed the game entirely. I saw someone mention something about a TD the refs gave the Saints. Can I get a description?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Sorry man.....it's a must win. You could see it in Hue's eyes today.

He may not get canned after the game, but no wins after 3 games probably dooms him to another crappy record.

He won't survive that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
mgh88,
What are you doing here talking common sense!! You know the avg Browns fan wants to fire everyone when they do not win!!.. Now that we have SOME talent, we are suppose to go to the playoffs!!... Of course they do not see that the Browns have been in these games and have fought until the end...

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 18 Saints 21 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard