I'm not the one who needs to wise up.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Wise up???

That's funny.

Dude, have you followed Gordon and this saga since the Browns took him in 2012?

For real. I am a huge Gordon apologist, but even I am willing to admit he was super high maintenance and caused a ton of grief.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Wise up???

That's funny.

Yeah, and he has done nothing wrong. They cut him for being "late" and acting "weird"

NOT A REASON.

We cant replace his talent on the field at this point in time.
Not Dez.
Not Nobody.

If they were smart and wanted to ditch him they would have done it at the end of the season. Traded him for something in the off season,

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Wise up???

That's funny.

Yeah, and he has done nothing wrong. They cut him for being "late" and acting "weird"

NOT A REASON.

Not Dez.
Not Nobody.

If they were smart and wanted to ditch him they would have done it at tue end of the season. Traded him for something in the off season,

You are making assumptions that he 'hasn't done anything wrong' - unless you know more than the rest of the nfl world knows.

I've been one of his biggest supporters on this board over the years he's been suspended. (read that sentence real close).

He's gone. Good, bad, or indifferent - he's gone.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Wise up???

That's funny.

NOT A REASON.

Not Dez.
Not Nobody.

If they were smart and wanted to ditch him they would have done it at tue end of the season. Traded him for something in the off season,

You are making assumptions that he 'hasn't done anything wrong' - unless you know more than the rest of the nfl world knows.

I've been one of his biggest supporters on this board over the years he's been suspended. (read that sentence real close).

He's gone. Good, bad, or indifferent - he's gone.

I'm not making assumptions. This is what we've been told.

I'm saying there is more to the story than what they are saying because nobody cuts that talent for petty reasons.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
And that's exactly what the hell I'VE been saying. Dang, read, comprehend.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
And that's exactly what the hell I'VE been saying. Dang, read, comprehend.

I havent argued anything you said.... just these other people

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I'm saying there is more to the story than what they are saying because nobody cuts that talent for petty reasons.

Huh? He's played something like 11 games in the past 4 seasons because he's been suspended. Browns stood by him, he shows up late to practice. Nothing petty about that. Pop that bubble you're in...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

Huh? He's played something like 11 games in the past 4 seasons because he's been suspended. Browns stood by him, he shows up late to practice. Nothing petty about that. Pop that bubble you're in...

Do you understand this is his first season back drug free? That he has been doing all the right things? Looking after his health?

Starts the season with limited plays week 1 yet still scores a crucial TD?

Has done nothing wrong since THAT WE KNOW OF?

Being late and acting weird is a petty reason to cut a guy.

There HAS to be more to it than this.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Do you understand this is his first season back drug free? That he has been doing all the right things? Looking after his health?

69 snaps.

You are discounting all the other stuff the organization has been through with Gordon. There was always a straw that breaks the camels back moment.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Has done nothing wrong since THAT WE KNOW OF?

Being late and acting weird is a petty reason to cut a guy.

There HAS to be more to it than this.

You do understand he missed most of training camp, right?

The thing is no one is saying he was cut just because he was late for practice... He has been suspended for 40+ games, he wasn't at training camp, he shows up late for practice. What more would you like there to be?

E
Legend
Legend
E
But youre trying to make the past justify the present.
If they had an issue with his past he would have been cut a long time ago.

He played well in Game 1. Got us a crucial TD.

Since then, nothing has gone wrong other than showing up late one day.

That might warrant a lecture.

But certainly not being cut.

So I think there is more to it than this.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that him mysteriously leaving the team for training camp was due to the fact Gordon either A) had relapsed and needed to "get right" (thus he was NOT entering this season "drug free" or B) because the Browns didn't want the whole world to see how Josh is on a day-to-day basis via Hard Knocks where they couldn't control his exposure and lie/cover-up for him - aka him showing up drunk/high.

Dorsey finally told him he was on his last strike once he came back.

You also don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize when the team and their doctors say Josh was "acting weird" that means he showed up drunk and/or high on something....again.

To add insult to injury (literally) he also showed up magically injured AND he was late to boot.

If that's not enough to cut a guy, I literally have no idea what IS enough.

We never ever ever EVER should have drafted the kid to begin with. Talent means jack-squat if you don't have the smarts/ability to stay on the field to use that talent. At least now we're finally going to stop compounding a bad decision with another one by trying to depend on someone who is so undependable.

Last edited by GraffZ06; 09/17/18 12:35 AM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well, he's going to be traded today .. but to which team? and for what?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
well, he's going to be traded today .. but to which team? and for what?

For the other teams kicker would be a good trade.

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
But youre trying to make the past justify the present.
If they had an issue with his past he would have been cut a long time ago.

He played well in Game 1. Got us a crucial TD.

Since then, nothing has gone wrong other than showing up late one day.

That might warrant a lecture.

But certainly not being cut.

So I think there is more to it than this.

So you're saying there has to be more than just showing up late to practice, but also saying his history has nothing to do with his release... is that correct?

Legend
Legend
I am most interested in this part, where we get something for this player. I am all in for due process, but I have issues with undue process. I do not think this event alone was enough, so when traded, there must be more behind it than has been allowed be known yet. And he is being traded or cut, so there must not been a "war in heaven" in the FO for this course of events to occur. Some one high up called it with or without support.
Based on nothing but what is here now, I am wondering if he is in the same boat with our other recently traded receiver. Maybe he wanted out of here, maybe he got what he wished for. Also perhaps, given how fast this has been rammed through either way, maybe we are taking some trade for something ASAP before a Reason comes out. Once again and freely admitted based on nothing. Just trying to make sense of Bizarro Berea again. Maybe package the kicker with him when trading partner found. Looks like Dallas and New England might be up for salvage with some good potential perhaps. Others?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If we get anything better than a 2020 7th round pick for Josh Gordon, I'll tear down my Sashi shine and erect a John Dorsey shrine instead.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
ig: josinaanderson
‏
Verified account

@JosinaAnderson
44s44 seconds ago
More
Anyways, a source just told me at least "8 to 10 teams have called" the #Browns inquiring about potentially trading for WR Josh Gordon. Some teams r adamant abt not wanting it known their organization is calling, I'm told. Clear reasons to be tight. I've heard about some though.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1041651846572589056

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: FATE

Gordon had an "aha moment", realizing he was special... the best way to punish the Browns and the NFL for his measly paycheck was to use his addiction as a "crutch" and merely say he needs to "step away".
"Those other bums can bust their rumps through training camp and the preseason... I'm too good for that and I definitely don't get paid enough."

Gordon came back with a chip on his shoulder... the demeanor always being "you're lucky I showed up." Coming in late, having the same indifferent demeanor, not working very hard in practice, etc, etc...

Gordon showed evidence that he was probably still drinking, coaching staff constantly on pins and needles, wondering how things would play out.

Gordon comes in late, yet again, two days before a game, with a mysterious hamstring injury, not caring if he plays ("mannnn, I just need to get my six games in this year and it's time to get PAID!")...smelling like a brewery.

The Browns finally say "UNCLE".

Not real hard to understand why.

I understand the desire of wanting all the dirt immediately. Doesn't Twitter and instagram condition us that way? Considering we may never know all the dirt, Fates scenario sure seems to fit the selfish nature Gordon's always shown. Seemed to get lost in the midst of Eve's no-legged defense of Gordon last night (Still love you though dawg. We all have our guys.). What say you, Eve? If this is how the scenario played out would you have given Gordon a pass or no?

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
Legend
Legend
The #Browns are expected to be able to trade WR Josh Gordon before 4 pm today and the trade compensation should be legit.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1041653181351116800

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Not Minni’s or the Lambs (the lambs guy got hurt ...) ...

This is a bad week to be in the market for us ...

Two other teams will be looking ... and Minni has a permanent job for Bailey and I guess we might be a better option than the lambs depending on how long Z’s out for ... i’mn Not even gonna try and spell his name ... *L* ...

So were 2nd at best in the pecking order ... IF they do the right thing ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Good luck Josh. I hope you manage to make a living so you can support your kids.

My sentiments are

Good Luck Josh. I hope you stay sober, exercise your demons, and support your children.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
sounds like we have a lot of interest

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
This is going to be an interesting negotiation ....

He’s not worth much cause he’s not been available for 4 or 5 years now .. but theres a team out there that will overpay for him ... i just have no clue what “overpaying” for him is at this point ... *L* ..

This is gonna be interesting ... very curious to see what shakes out ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
4th round pick

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
sounds like we have a lot of interest

Trading for Gordon accomplishes two things:

- Not having to outbid other teams if he becomes a FA
- Being able to keep him on his rookie contract. And if history tells us anything, he could be on that contract for several more years

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Dallas is a logical landing spot. They desperately need a big-play WR.

Green Bay might be another.

Would New Orleans be interested in having someone on the opposite side of Thomas? Not sure if they put up w/his BS, though.

Would SF take a chance on him?

The Bears?

Dallas and GB seem like the two best places. Especially Dallas.

Legend
Legend
Sorry it had to happen.. Many on here have been calling for it for a long time.

I'm not sure what happened.. Not sure if Gordon did something that turned out to be the straw that broke the camels back, but it sure appears that is what happened.

Good luck Josh, Hope you find a way to get right.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Why Green Bay?

He has a relationship with Shanny ... was Shanny the OC the year Josh actually played?

Its gonna be interesting ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BADdog
4th round pick

It has to be a conditional ... usually when its a conditional pick its for a late round pick ..

I’m hoping we break that cycle causes he’s such a freak we may get even a 2nd ... his talent won’t be the reason we dont get that ...

Regardless ... i won’t say a peep about what we get ... i have no clue what his value should be ... NONE ...

This is a VERY VERY VERY UNIQUE situation ..

D
Legend
Legend
D
My sentiments:

V
Legend
Legend
V
There has been talk that Rodgers needs more weapons in GB. Not sure how JG will fit there, though. Then again, I'm doubtful that he will fit anywhere.

Shanny was to coordinator the year we started 7 and 4 and then went 5 straight to end the season. I think those last 5 were the only games in which JG played. He was a bit heavy and was clearly dogging it on the field.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...since my original post I have found out a few things.

1. He has missed meetings during his short stay with us. So again he is defying authority and our staff. That rules simply do not apply to him ergo he's just not going to make it.

2. He lied to Dorsey and Hue regarding how he came up lame as he left the house Friday in perfect working condition. Was late to team meetings on Saturday and complained about discomfort in his hamstring and then he Lied about how and when it happened.

Of course he was not at the team meeting after Coleman's police experience. And Hue told the team. We will give you chances but you have to be HONEST with us - Don't lie or else you are gone.

this puts a good reminder that a talent as good as Gordon was does not get special treatment and cannot be put up on a pedestal with let him do as he pleases.

Diam surprised at your resistance to our releasing of Gordon.

We win or lose with him or without him it doesn't make a difference. After hearing of him being late to meetings that told me a lot. That is like spitting in the face of the team. And it also is telling me he will mess up. I wish for him to get Traded and especially to a NFC team, I've heard at least 5 teams have inquired about a trade.

If he was trying his hardest to come back I'd be in his corner like you are. But lets get rid of him now as stated I just want something for him. Anything and if its just a late round pick make it so that its in the NFC.

Take care...I'm more worried about our Kicker than Gordon, we will survive not having Gordon but we have lost two games directly effected by our Kicker. That is a bigger deal with this team than Gordon. He will not effect our teams W/L one big but the kicker already has and can effect more games to come!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've always been on the side of "defending" Gordon (if you want to call it that). My stance has always been one of risk vs reward. Since he was zero risk as long as he was on his rookie deal... and let's face it, we didn't have tough decisions to make regarding choosing between him and someone else (he never bumped someone that would've helped us win games off the roster).
That said, I really won't shed a tear regarding his release. He was no available the vast majority of his time here. He came back, and promptly had a hamstring injury (side note: don't let his trainer/coach guy anywhere near any of our guys). Works through that back to 100%, then the hamstring magically pops back up again.
If we can get a legit draft pick back for him, then I'll feel ok about it.

Eve,
I also think that there is more to the story of the end of last week. I think something happened that the team will not say, and will have to be dug up by media folk. However, given what little we know about the situation, and given the history of those involved, if a side has to be picked, then I have to side with Dorsey. The guy has established a positive (if brief) track record with this team. He hasn't been perfect; nobody is. Gordon's track record, ESPECIALLY in these types of situations, has always been bad.
In short, my assumption is that Gordon messed up, otherwise Dorsey would not have gone in this direction. There was something tangible that happened that, on top of his history, pushed Dorsey in this direction.

Make no mistake, a part of my Browns fandom will always lament the "what could've been" with JG. Overall, the Browns being the dumpster fire that they are over the years might have even contributed to his behavior.... and that gets to the crux of how I feel about this.
The guy is weak, and the guy is a jerk. We don't have room on the team right now for weak jerks (that possibly don't want to be here). He routinely makes bad/dumb decisions, and then handles the bad situation he created in a dumb way, making it worse.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
I said as long as we traded him I’d be fine with it .. unless relapsed then its a moot point ..

I also said this is more about Kendricks to me ... i’m Still PEED at that ... my initial reaction is always mad ... it usually takes me anywhere from 2 mins to 2 hours before i think rationally and the anger subsides ...

I think about this one rationally and it makes no sense to me ... i dont see it the way u guys do ... I think Dorsey is a hypocritical jackass in how he handled Kendricks ...

So i’m Having a real hard time getting over that one .. and yesterday DIDN’T HELP ...

Are we 2 - 0 with Kendricks? .... i know were 0 - 1 - 1 w/o him ... and we have FAR WORSE HUMAN BEINGS on our team than Kendricks was ... so Dorseys willing to sell his sole for W’s ... he drafted T. Hill and Marcus Peters witch was bad enough .. then here he drafted Calloway ...

Tab ... this dudes defense in basically a rape case was he was to stoned to have sex with anyone ... think about that for a second ...

The math don’t work for me bro ... IT DOESN’T ADD UP ION MY MIND ANYHOW ...

I really need to get over this .. ITS NOT GOOD .. STUPID DIAM ..

thumbsdown to me ...

All Pro
All Pro
It's going to be a conditional pick if we get any trade at all. It would be great if someone had a kicker they could send us. So likely we're not getting a thing. Oh well. Time to move on.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
There has been talk that Rodgers needs more weapons in GB. Not sure how JG will fit there, though. Then again, I'm doubtful that he will fit anywhere.

Shanny was to coordinator the year we started 7 and 4 and then went 5 straight to end the season. I think those last 5 were the only games in which JG played. He was a bit heavy and was clearly dogging it on the field.

I really like Allison ... guess all they have other than him is Adams though ... Graham has lost quite a bit and Cobb has looked old the last few years ...

Thanks for the refresher on Josh and Shanny ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Not Minni’s or the Lambs (the lambs guy got hurt ...) ...

This is a bad week to be in the market for us ...

Two other teams will be looking ... and Minni has a permanent job for Bailey and I guess we might be a better option than the lambs depending on how long Z’s out for ... i’mn Not even gonna try and spell his name ... *L* ...

So were 2nd at best in the pecking order ... IF they do the right thing ...

Way too literal there Diam. My reply was sarcastic.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Oooooops .... sorry dawg ..

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Released

Link Copied to Clipboard