Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
I give Dorsey a pass on Kendricks. It turned out to be a dumb mistake, but I get it. The dude just pled guilty to a crime that carries pretty serious jail time. To be clear, I think the release had nothing to do with the crime, and everything to do with the time. Dorsey saw the headline and said, "well, he's toast... might as well cut him now". The announcement that his sentencing would be delayed came out several days after he was gone.

I think they signed him based on an incorrect understanding of the situation. I don't think they cut him because Dorsey was bent outta shape about a lie.

Splitting hairs...? Maybe.

Back to Gordon. I just want to reiterate that I think Gordon did something that we don't know about that made Dorsey say, "enough is enough". it might not have been a positive test, but the whole "acting weird" thing has me thinking he's at least testing the boundaries of his drug situation.
That's just my guess, so take it for what it's worth. End of the day, I trust Dorsey's decision-making/track record a whole bunch more than Gordon's.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Fair enough ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I have a feeling that Dorsey's actions with Kendricks, and now Gordon, are more about the guys that are still here than the two we've let go.

Sending the message & setting expectations as part of changing the culture here.

It's normal when a new boss comes into a company, he's totally a hard ass and cracks an iron whip to set the tone and let you know that he can and will crack that whip, then he relaxes and lets people work.... but, periodically, he will crack that whip to remind folks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
If that's the story behind one or both of the releases, then I'll be pissed.

Fortunately, I don't think we'd ever find out if that was the case. :-p
Ignorance is bliss.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I have a feeling that Dorsey's actions with Kendricks, and now Gordon, are more about the guys that are still here than the two we've let go.

Sending the message & setting expectations as part of changing the culture here.

It's normal when a new boss comes into a company, he's totally a hard ass and cracks an iron whip to set the tone and let you know that he can and will crack that whip, then he relaxes and lets people work.... but, periodically, he will crack that whip to remind folks.

I might not care for the moves, but I support trying to establish the culture they want to establish.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

John Dorsey - Whip Cracking Good.

#GMSTRONG
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am so glad to be done with Josh Gordon. I am so sick of his [censored], I don't care how good he is, he's 27 and on his rookie deal.

Legend
Legend

You know what helps a team?

Being there.

Nobody denies his talent. That has never in question.

Do you think for a minute he was released for any other reason than: he can not be depended upon?

Put Gordon's record and absence in any job and he would have been fired long ago.

Get real?

Is he supposed to be called every day to show up on time?

Tucked in at night to make sure he is where he is supposed to be?

Imagine you were his boss and you depended upon him?

When are you responsibility for your actions?

So he caught a TD. How many games has he missed? Where were the touchdowns then?

Your argument is lame.

Gonzales?

Cut him as well.

He has one thing to do - kick. No weight lifting, no play book to learn, doesn't practice with the team.

Snap good, blocks accomplished, hold good. In a dome, no wind, good footing. He can't kick an extra point.

This is "professional" football. You get paid. It is a results business. You are accountable.

It applies to kickers, Gordon and everybody else.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Gordon just posted on instagram laughing at Hue on the TV when a live report was being shown.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Released

Link Copied to Clipboard