Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Legend
Legend
D
I didn’t catch it ...

I would imagine it has a lot to do with where were at in regards to the playoffs ...

A
Legend
Legend
A
Week 11 bye.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I don't really care about the bye - if Mayfield is ready, all well and good but if he isn't better than TT, then he sits some more. I'm sure the coaches feel that way too - best player plays, regardless of draft status.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
If anyone revolts if we lose Thursday ... it’s be a shame ... with the progress we’ve made ... that’d be a real shame ..

All i can say to those who think if we lose this game Hue should be canned ..

To quote the one and only Forrest Gump’s mother ....

Nuff said .... wink
We have talked about this privately, I told you before the season - if Hue started 0-3 or 0-4, I felt he was going to get it.

Lets be honest, after two weeks of watching this team and watching the Jets, there is absolutely no reason on earth we should not win Thursday. We have the talent, we have the defense, we have a primetime game. There are no more excuses for this team. It will be a travesty if we lose Thursday, and that will fall on Hue.

I gave Hue credit last week, I thought he coached almost a perfect game - minus a victory. But if he loses to the Jets at HOME on Thursday.......no excuse.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
homewood, we can only hope Jimmie and dee see the obvious progress we have made. We are very close to turning the corner and firing leadership now will set us back 3-4 years. people need to quit focusing on 1-31 with very little talent and evaluate him on this season.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
If anyone revolts if we lose Thursday ... it’s be a shame ... with the progress we’ve made ... that’d be a real shame ..

All i can say to those who think if we lose this game Hue should be canned ..

To quote the one and only Forrest Gump’s mother ....

Nuff said .... wink
We have talked about this privately, I told you before the season - if Hue started 0-3 or 0-4, I felt he was going to get it.

Lets be honest, after two weeks of watching this team and watching the Jets, there is absolutely no reason on earth we should not win Thursday. We have the talent, we have the defense, we have a primetime game. There are no more excuses for this team. It will be a travesty if we lose Thursday, and that will fall on Hue.

I gave Hue credit last week, I thought he coached almost a perfect game - minus a victory. But if he loses to the Jets at HOME on Thursday.......no excuse.

I agree with you - I can't figure out how to bold - Hue coached a really good game. He may well be growing into a pure HC. That'd be great if we didn't have to fire him and start again next season...

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: drobs
I don't really care about the bye - if Mayfield is ready, all well and good but if he isn't better than TT, then he sits some more. I'm sure the coaches feel that way too - best player plays, regardless of draft status.

Speaking of draft status, Dorsey has to answer for his two second round picks hardly breaking a sweat so far in the games, especially the first pick of the second round.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I disagreed with u in private .. and i disagree with u in public ... *L* ...

I see this as a brand new job for hue ... he’s 0 - 1 - 1 and two games isn’t near enough for a fair evaluation ....

Lets hope we win for many reasons ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I can't figure out how to bold

When you reply, look at all the icons directly above the white box where you type. Count over 7 spots. You will see a "B." Highlight the text you want bold and click on that "B." You will see this: your word or words of choice . You just did it.

The I is to italicize. The U is to underline.

Does all of that make sense?

Legend
Legend
Just to add: you have to use the "full reply screen" to get those prompts. They are not defaulted as available in the quick reply.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good addition. Forgot about that.

And that is why I rarely use the "Quick Reply" thingy. LOL

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Just to add: you have to use the "full reply screen" to get those prompts. They are not defaulted as available in the quick reply.

I use quick quote hence not seeing it I guess? Thanks guys.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: drobs
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I use quick quote hence not seeing it I guess? Thanks guys.

Just use "Reply" or "Quote" and all the expanded options come up with your text box.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C
I was just watching Callaway's catch again and I just have to say that was a ridiculous catch. He was running full speed (which is very fast) and caught the ball over his shoulder with his fingertips and got both feet inbounds. Incredible catch.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I waited a few days to get my thoughts in. Partly because I think we were all pretty emotional about that loss, and also, I have been swamped with work and other stuff.

So, here are my thoughts.

I was fuming at Gonzalez after that game, but the more I thought about it, it wasn't really all on him. I do agree with just about everyone that he needs to go. While the entire blame shouldn't fall on him, you have to be better than what he showed on Sunday, inside of a dome nonetheless.

If you think about it though, ZG missed the point-after, which kept the game tied with a minute left.

Our defense still let them go down the field. The game was tied. If he makes that XP, the Saints HAVE to go down the field. So it was almost like his kick didn't matter, because our defense, for as well as they played, completely folded in the final 10 minutes of that game.

I don't care about how much they were on the field, or how the offense could have scored more points, they were handed a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, and they gave it away, and yes one of those scores was set up by a Tyrod Taylor interception, but even then, you still gave it away.

Nobody played well enough to win. The coaches did not do a good enough job, and neither did the players, and Sunday was just a pretty good example of how the last few years have gone. We're 1 for the last 2 seasons, but a lot of those games aren't blowouts.

I've been in coach's corner the whole ride, but it's getting tougher and tougher. The results aren't there. I think schematically for the most part, everything seems to be pretty good, but the execution is horrible. Penalties in week 1. Last week mental errors, and a lack of urgency, and just overall bad football.

Tyrod Taylor has not lived up to expectation. He's also going to get himself hurt at the pace he's playing.

Rush defense was outstanding. People were treating Alvin Kamara like he was the next Emmitt Smith (I love week one overreactions) and the Browns absolutely shut him down. I mean christ, Brees only threw for 244 and 2 TD, which for Brees is kind of a ho-hum game. If we were told we'd hold Brees to Below 250 with 2 TD, and they'd get zip from their running game, we'd all take it. It just doesn't tell the whole story though.

Gonzalez definitely deserves to lose his job. Special teams have cost us quite a bit in these first two weeks. Multiple missed FG's and XP's, blocked kicks, returners fair catching with absoultely nobody in the same zip code, etc.. When you're 1 for the last two seasons, you probably should have better special teams. I get that everyone should have great special teams, but crappy teams should absolutely have no excuse for it.

Antonio Callaway made one hell of a play on the touchdown. I didn't like the play call, because it was an all or nothing play with a minute left, but hey go get it when you can. With Gordon's departure, I think that clears the way for him to get more playing time, and that is a good thing.

Denzel Ward continues to impress. He's an absolute magnet to the ball.

I really hope this team stays united though. They're talented enough to win games. I think there are some evolving leaders there. Hue Jackson, if nothing else, has not lost these guys at any point during his tenure. I just hope that's not because it's easy street with him and that team.

Let's get this W tomorrow.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I can't remember the last time I used quick reply.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

I can't remember the last time I used quick reply.

I exclusively use quick reply.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I was just watching Callaway's catch again and I just have to say that was a ridiculous catch. He was running full speed (which is very fast) and caught the ball over his shoulder with his fingertips and got both feet inbounds. Incredible catch.

Per the NFL’s NextGen Stats, Callaway reached a top speed of 21.48 mph while chasing down Taylor’s throw. That’s the third-fastest speed recorded this year. The fastest two have both been posted by Tyreek Hill of Kansas City

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The Saints looked pretty good in week 1 and the Steelers looked pretty good in week 2. At least both of the O's did.

Maybe it's time to admit we have a pretty good D and an O that can keep us in games?

Both teams lost both weeks....both are winless. Granted I think both teams are actually really good, and the Browns playing competitively with them is a great sign. However, your point is very inaccurate. The Saints gave up a gazillion points to the Bucs and lost week 1. The Steelers gave up 42 to the Chiefs and lost. Neither played well, and their defenses were down right awful. Your right their offenses looked pretty good in both cases, but good grief we scored 18 on a team that gave up half a hundred to Ryan Fitz...lol....that ain't good.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
V
Legend
Legend
V
His point isn't "very inaccurate." He clearly mentioned the D being ahead of the O.

The Steelers scored 37 against the Chiefs and 21 against us. That is a 16 point difference.

The Saints scored 40 against TB and 21 against us. That is 19 point difference.

Not sure why you think his post was "very inaccurate?"

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 18 Saints 21 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard