Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Legend
Legend
E
It's funny when you have your once in a decade, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" moment, suddenly everyone who has disagreed with you is "ignorant and clueless".

what's your point. other than to insult me...why LIE, my once in a decade moment...lol laugh I've been correct about the QBs, clueless and ignorant on those include yourself I guess. I never PIMPED Weeden, Manziel, Frye, Kessler, Colt, Quinn pre draft but yet those who are ignorant, include yourself claim that I did...which is an OUT RIGHT LIE.

So outside of the fact that you find it in your best interest or possibly Vers' as your head is so far up his butt it aint funny. So just what is your point.

You LIE and say it me saying this to those who ever DISAGREED WITH ME...no I said that to those who LIED about who I pimped as a QB for us.

Yep I never got it right....Yet I was one of the first to go gaga over Wentz, Bonefish picked it up and went gung ho.
But oh wait I never was correct before.

I even stated that Trubisky was a QB I wanted but gave way to the obvious Overall #1 pick Garrett before the draft. My only Bonehead move on QB was not pimping Big Ben...I surely didn't pimp KW2 a TE that was for sure.

I know I was a complete idiot thinking that a team starting up a 3-4 Defense should actually invest into a Shawne Merriman instead of Braylon Edwards... I know what a dolt I was.
So go ahead and lie away and remember this, I FART MORE FOOTBALL THEN YOU WILL EVER KNOW...
how's them apples

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
All you have is sour apples. You're no better than anyone else on this board at evaluating talent in the draft. You've spent years telling anyone willing to listen how great our team played in games we lost 37-10. lmao

Quit degrading everyone else then expecting respect in return.

I'm more than happy to be respectful to you when you show that same consideration to others. I'll be waiting.

But see, you can't stop blowing your own horn even for a minute.

You'll fart more football than I'll ever know?

Superiority complex much? lmao

You're so full of yourself nobody wants to stand down wind of you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

what's your point. other than to insult me...

Coming from the guy who is calling others "stupid" and "dummies" on multiple threads, including this one.

Legend
Legend
bro you was pimping manziel HARD.

i cant believe youre trying to claim otherwise.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Legend
Legend
S
I love the fan and media outrage over Hue Jackson not naming Mayfield the official starter.

I would guess, a lot of those folks have probably never played team sports. You just don't handle it like that. We can rip on Hue Jackson for a lot of things, but what he's doing now is nothing different from what any other coach would do in his position.

You just don't go out and name your quarterback hours after the other guy had gotten a concussion. We all know Baker is starting next week in Oakland. We also know that in situations where one quarterback goes down and either the backup has a great game, or the starter's status is in question, that you aren't getting that answer until Tuesday.

I said in the postgame thoughts, that if the Browns truly wanted to redshirt Mayfield, that they should have probably made him QB3. But we all know that wasn't happening, because Hue Jackson and the rest of this staff need Mayfield to probably save their jobs.

But out of respect for your starting quarterback, who's a veteran on the team, and well respected within the league, you don't just name your quarterback immediately after.

The media is mad because they have to wait for their story, and some fans are mad because they don't understand how team sports work, and probably a small percentage actually believe he may name Taylor the starter for week 4.

In the words of the great Aaron Rodgers, there are a whole lot of people that need to RELAX.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed. You don't do it hours after the game.

But, apparently it's already been decided.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-baker-mayfield-start-browns-142912163.html

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Agreed. You don't do it hours after the game.

But, apparently it's already been decided.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-baker-mayfield-start-browns-142912163.html

Yeah, there is no doubt that they are preparing behind the scenes. Hue and his staff knew right away they were going to roll with Mayfield.

Official announcement probably late tomorrow.

Hue also knows that Mayfield is a hit away from Taylor coming right back in. Taylor is a professional and would have handled a knee jerk reaction like a pro, but Jackson is just waiting out of respect.

A
Legend
Legend
A
And that's a good point: Hue handled this with complete class. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. And like you say - 1 hit away from TT going back in. I'm glad he's been cleared to play (last I heard, anyway).......because, I don't want to see Stanton.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree that Hue has handled this situation right ... Unless of course he names TT the starter wink

Last edited by PastorMarc; 09/23/18 04:33 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
i love how fans have already mentally prepped themselves to rip hue jackson over something that was never gonna happen anyway.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: FreeAgent
BTW- Rasta was posting almost every day until game time Thursday. Almost Always negative. Browns win and he is MIA.....anyone check to see if ImpactPlayer is ghosting again!? Lol, j/k.

Been out, thanks for remembering me

Celebrating our win...

Nothing much to say, Jets looked like the browns and melted away, we for the first time in years took advantage of it.

Been drooling all this weekend on QB play.... so many great performance. Competition is really though, you really need something special.

Still would rather have Darnold over BM. Josh Allen is turning out great also.

Legend
Legend
watching the NFL all day yesterday with no rooting interests ... there are a LOT of QBs capable of winning games (way more than there were 3 years ago IMO)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
watching the NFL all day yesterday with no rooting interests ... there are a LOT of QBs capable of winning games (way more than there were 3 years ago IMO)

Amazing QB play, in almost all games... Even Brees was doing crazy stuff...

And the athletic abilities are way off the charts, Wentz, Cam, Deshaun, so are the Arm displays... Mahomes and Allen... amazing throws Aaron, Flacco, Goff etc

Good times for the ones who love QB play

Legend
Legend
Mahomes, to me, is pretty freaking good ... it'll be interesting to see if he can keep this up

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
One of my concerns with Mayfield...can he stay healthy?

Garoppolo's injury yesterday drove home the reality of QB durability in the NFL..especially QBs who run. I prefer a QB who sees the field from the pocket and gets rid of the ball.

The problem is, Mayfield looks to be a clone of Garroppolo, in stature and in his tendency to scramble and take risks. That said, there is no way to know how tough or durable any QB is.

Favre, got hit a bunch in his career and got up from most of them. Garroppolo, the hit didn't even look that bad, but to me, he looked indecisive, whether to go out of bounds, slide, or continue to fight for the first down...it did not look as though Garoppolo prepared himself for the contact.

I hope that Baker will be smart and learn to find his receiver and let the pass go.

For the most part, those QBs who have a tendancy to run with the ball are at a high risk of serious injury..the last thing the Browns need.

Just be smart, Baker

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't see baker as a running QB at all..atleast not up here, he's moved around and tries to get outside while keeping eyes downfield. He's no Tyrod for sure

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I don't see baker as a running QB at all..atleast not up here, he's moved around and tries to get outside while keeping eyes downfield. He's no Tyrod for sure

I agree. Did Baker even scramble once last game? I'm not saying mac is wrong here because his point makes sense. I'm just thinking/hoping that Baker's regularly-mentioned growth includes limiting the number of scrambles he makes.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well one of us is trying their hardest to discredit the other. and then point the finger to me...lol Vers, you are funny you who would go probably more insane than me if somebody LIED about what you state.

But you two make nice bed fellows (expression).

All I know is that I am the only poster I know that can be villafied for being correct about our Franchise QB.

Alsp Pit... I am better at evaluating...so what, I know we are in an era where everyone gets a trophy, even you.

Here is another example. In 2010 there was a special on a Boston College LB who was fighting Cancer. After which I made a statement, one that I never made before nor after.

Although 2 years removed from the NFL I said, there is this kid Kuechly who will come in the draft in 2 years. He will be the NEXT GREAT MLB to come into the NFL.

Of course I was scoffed at and chuckles were made, probably from you Pit for all I know. But I was correct, don't get me wrong I am incorrect as well. But when I see good I know it. But again tell me again how I'm a bad poster on this board and how DARE I TRY TO PULL POSITIVE out of our woeful seasons and games.

You've spent years telling anyone willing to listen how great our team played in games we lost 37-10. lmao

That is what is important to you. You see me degrading posters? And yet that is what you did. Degrade me cause I was positive. Throw it in my face cause that is how I chose to post. And this all started from two posters who Lied about my opinion. Stating that because AFTER THE DRAFT I supported our picks. That somehow that was me stating PRE DRAFT how good they were? That simply is a lie. And just about every discussion we have had where I make valid points you try to discredit those points by stating how wrong I am and don't count cause of me posting POSITIVES all these years.

That is the extent of your knowledge I guess. As soon as I make my point and prove my logic...its always me insulting you and others and a Superiority complex as you state...no Not a complex just a fact. Hey its not my fault I know more about football than you. I'm not going to apologize for that.

But thanks for the continued insults and the attempt to hurt me...and it does hurt. That I get villafied for being positive about our team. Now when we finally have reached that plateau, I'm to be dragged down and insulted by the likes of you...smh

I'm done. Now go and continue to hurt me on a personal level. Lie about my posting. Blowing my own horn...when did I ever state that about Keuch or others, but to defend myself.
Actually its your buddy Vers who tried to blow his horn on almost every post. Your standards are amazing.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

This was the most impressive thing I saw during the game. He has the brass bells to throw the ball RIGHT AT the safety, knowing that Landry is about to break in front. Amazing for a rookie.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD

This was the most impressive thing I saw during the game. He has the brass bells to throw the ball RIGHT AT the safety, knowing that Landry is about to break in front. Amazing for a rookie.

You got to have the utmost confidence in your arm strength to make that throw.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You can have the last word while tooting your own horn. Lots of people remember many times I've been right and many times I've been wrong. Just like you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hue Jackson: "I informed the group this morning that we're going to start Baker Mayfield and Tyrod will be the backup if healthy."

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1044269653420363778

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Hue Jackson: "I informed the group this morning that we're going to start Baker Mayfield and Tyrod will be the backup if healthy."

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1044269653420363778

All of that drama by certain posters for nothing. LOL

Legend
Legend
What Drama, what Posters?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
It is now officially official: Baker Mayfield going forward with his win under his belt.

Good luck, rookie man-child. Go win some games.

Hope he battles and wins and stays healthy.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Hope he battles

Me too, Pat Shurmur.

Legend
Legend
Man, Iused to hate that. And the kiss of death: "We had a really good practice week." They did not put it on the field.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
J
JAG Offline
Rookie
Rookie
J
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Hope he battles

Me too, Pat Shurmur.

Ha, maybe he'll play his guts out like Butch Davis

B
Legend
Legend
B
As you said, there is no way to know about durability and injuries, so no sense adding that as a factor.

It's there for everybody. Some guys play whole careers without anything much, others a few games.

I think it is mostly dumb luck. Hard to plan for that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Hope he battles

Me too, Pat Shurmur.

You made a lot of progress with this post.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So much for those who were worried about the big separation he had in college with WRs and if he could hit the small windows in the NFL. TT would not have had enough zip for that throw as it would have been INT'd. I think he would have pulled the ball down and ran.

jmho this is going to be fun watching him grow this season game by game. fingerscrossed

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
As you said, there is no way to know about durability and injuries, so no sense adding that as a factor.

It's there for everybody. Some guys play whole careers without anything much, others a few games.

Baker's durability in the NFL is an unknown at this point due to lack of reps at this level. But, he can learn from the mistakes other QBs make.

Honestly, I don't want to find out how tough Baker is...I want to see HOW SMART BAKER IS.

This would be good read for Baker...

Kyle Shanahan would've liked Jimmy Garoppolo to step out of bounds

link

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Baker's durability in the NFL is an unknown at this point due to lack of reps at this level. But, he can learn from the mistakes other QBs make.

Honestly, I don't want to find out how tough Baker is...I want to see HOW SMART BAKER IS.

This would be good read for Baker...

Kyle Shanahan would've liked Jimmy Garoppolo to step out of bounds

link

I agree with that 100%. You have to be smart. I don't want to see my QB trying to gain that extra yard unless it is a championship game.

I'd send Baker across town to work with a Indians coach on proper sliding techniques.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

Then you can see the easy screen pass he missed, that involved no risks and probably a bigger gain....

Safety was reading his eyes and he wasn't intercepted by luck...

Rookie play, IMHO, nothing outstanding, BM had much better plays than this one.

E
Legend
Legend
E
As noted I saw a lot of Baker in 2017. The kid was pummelled as each team made it an Imperative to Hit him hard and often.

I was amazed at the hits he took. He would pop up and I thought that was it he would have to sit...but he would always come back, It was then that I realize he is SHORT but he is by no means SMALL. Glad he is coming into the NFL at the right time as they are protecting the QBs like no other year.

One thing that worries me. The Steelers came right out and stated in their PRE-Monday night football game that they were looking to Hit Fitz...hard and often and get him out of the comfort zone. This was stated after they got their like 3rd??? roughing the passer call.

I hope they don't keep up with this tactic and just take cheap shot after cheap shot on our QB.

jmho.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Guess there is nothing you can do about that if you were the old Browns. I have a feeling our Browns can play that game if pushed that way.

Every other sport has their method of payback. Plunk my player, I'll plunk yours. Rough my goal scorer, you bring in the goons to rough theirs. If they start throwing elbows in the paint, you bring in your guy to throw elbows.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Thats the throw that has me the most giddy ...

This kid has a shot ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Then you can see the easy screen pass he missed, that involved no risks and probably a bigger gain....

Screen pass was a 5 yard play, LB was all over it. Safety never stood a chance, ball was thrown on a rope with pinpoint accuracy. You watched a QB with a quick read attack in the red zone. Novel idea, I know. Man, I don't know what you're hoping to see but I suspect you're going to be very disappointed.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Damn man I see you at it again. You make some unsupported statement like the bull you say is unquestionably true but you have NOTHING to substantiate it. You could at least give a Youtube link and a time stamp to the play you refer to but you don't do $h!t. THEN you say that the failed screen that YOU DON'T SHOW; COULD have led to a bigger gain than the play SHOWING Juice ACTUALLY making a no window reception.

Then you offer conjecture that the easy screen pass he missed, that you say involved no risks would probably have resulted in a bigger gain. Based on what? We're supposed to swallow your prognostications? You got no credibility dude. None!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Jets 17 Mayfield Era Begins!

Link Copied to Clipboard