Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
myka #1526104 10/08/18 04:12 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I saw the Refs rig a game for the Ravens to win. Thank goodness Ward blocked that FG!

I can’t figure out why they want us to lose so bad. What’s the motivation?

However, it cannot be denied they were purposely calling against us. They didn’t even try to hide it this week. So weird.

or last week tsktsk

At least last week KINDA SORTA could be chalked up to a mistake whistle (they botched a whistle agoainst Lynch earlier in the game) and the line spot was done by NFL HQ.

This week on 4th down in OT their guy TACKLED OUR WR, they had a conference and NO CALL.

There is 0% chance it was a mistake.

Even if catch uncatchable for PI, it’s Illegal contact which is a 1st down at the very least.

They revealed themselves as biased, but WHY? What benefit would the NFL have to ruining a franchise?

…. probably has something to do w/ reverse vampires

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Give John Dorsey one more draft and FA period and I believe we will have the final pieces in place. We are much better at this point but by no means is it a finished product.

Legend
Legend
I saw a team that continues to make plays at the end of games.. this week we made the last play.

I saw Mayfield drive the field 3 times in crunch time, granted we only scored on one of them but from the end of regulation to 2 OT drives, he got us out of bad field position..

Stupid plays.. Landry not getting out of bounds and the double reverse from our own 12 yard line. Loved the shot of Hue after that play just shaking his head like "Who the hell called that?"

The defense was the definition of bend but don't break, not letting them into the end zone was nothing short of amazing..

I saw our OL get pushed backwards in Bakers lap repeatedly like they were a bunch of 180 lb weaklings.. two words fellas.. SQUAT RACK!!!!!

I saw Mayfield getting pressure constantly, sacked 5 times, and never lose his composure or appear the least bit rattled..

I saw a whole bunch of stupid drive killing penalties and dropped passes.. we really are our own worst enemy when it comes to keeping drives alive.

I saw Chubb opt to chip the DE then start out into the flats on one occasion while the free blitzer was coming right through the inside gap untouched for one of the sacks.. My opinion that is one of the big reasons he isn't on the field more, needs to work on his awareness and blocking..

I saw us win.. a division game... at home... on Sunday... checking a few more of those annoying stats off the list that they can't show at the end of close games any more...

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 10/08/18 04:28 PM.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
a Devalve sighting was nice finally (that was a good play)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: RAWISRADFORD
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I saw the Refs rig a game for the Ravens to win. Thank goodness Ward blocked that FG!

I can’t figure out why they want us to lose so bad. What’s the motivation?

However, it cannot be denied they were purposely calling against us. They didn’t even try to hide it this week. So weird.

or last week tsktsk

At least last week KINDA SORTA could be chalked up to a mistake whistle (they botched a whistle agoainst Lynch earlier in the game) and the line spot was done by NFL HQ.

This week on 4th down in OT their guy TACKLED OUR WR, they had a conference and NO CALL.

There is 0% chance it was a mistake.

Even if catch uncatchable for PI, it’s Illegal contact which is a 1st down at the very least.

They revealed themselves as biased, but WHY? What benefit would the NFL have to ruining a franchise?

…. probably has something to do w/ reverse vampires

Lol, I actually hope that’s real somehow tongue

Last edited by myka; 10/08/18 04:55 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Don't get on the kicker. He's a rook that's missed one kick. He's got enough leg for a 50, but needs to work on his aim.

Finally beat the other team and the refs. A little consistantly would improve your product, if you read these things goodell.

It wasn't a pass interference, but that was illegal contact. How was it not called? Put the guys back in ref school. At least the replacements called nothing or everything consistantly.

He missed 2 kicks in this game, one XP and one FG that he yanked badly left.

Ok, an xp, which should be made all the time, and a 55 yard fg, which a lot of experienced kickers miss. This kid was picked up off the bottom of the kicker pile, and has been decent. Personally, I hope he gets a lot of bench time next week, except for a lot of xps.

Legend
Legend
Whats the difference between this thread and the post game thoughts thread?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
One is what you saw and one is what you think. Duh.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Like yea, duh!

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think I saw that coming.

brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

I think I saw that coming.

brownie

I can see what you're thinking.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I think I see what you're saying.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
A Raven defender slips and goes to the ground the Offensive line man is called for a Hold despite not having his hands on the defender.
I actually almost turned the game off after this call. Between last week and this horrid call, it is clear the refs do not want Cleveland winning football games. I mean Hubbard LITERALLY did not even touch the defender.

Callaway never touched the defender either. But gets called for block in the back.

I was screaming at the TV on the spot call with the punt. Idk how you can sit there with a microphone on and say to 70K people "10 yards from the spot of the foul" then spot the ball at the spot of the foul. SMH.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

2 minutes?

Why does it annoy you? Then delete all the threads that talk about the game. What I saw was created in 2001 and has been up on this board just about every game. You want it banned so be it. But it was conceived to describe the game certain plays that stick out that might not of been discussed by the TV people. Something you might of Saw, especially those at the game. To share for all but mostly for that one guy now less then ever who just could not see the game. Mostly our boys who are over seas and can't stream.

Why don't you contribute instead of complain. btw, did you go to the Game Thoughts thread and ask the same question?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I always felt post game thoughts were initial reactions and overall game, whilst this thread was more of a mechanical and strategy breakdown of specific plays/players.

I enjoy both threads.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Baker Mayfield on no call against Landry: “They said the ball was uncatchable but that’s because he was on the ground. The guys in stripes can make a better call, I think.”

The ball was uncatchable, it was a bad pass. It was also a bad call from the refs

Uncatchable only applies to Pass Interference. This was obvious Illegal Contact and it doesn't matter where the ball went.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
A Raven defender slips and goes to the ground the Offensive line man is called for a Hold despite not having his hands on the defender.
I actually almost turned the game off after this call. Between last week and this horrid call, it is clear the refs do not want Cleveland winning football games. I mean Hubbard LITERALLY did not even touch the defender.

Callaway never touched the defender either. But gets called for block in the back.

I was screaming at the TV on the spot call with the punt. Idk how you can sit there with a microphone on and say to 70K people "10 yards from the spot of the foul" then spot the ball at the spot of the foul. SMH.

And then get screamed at by the coaching staff and all the fans, talk it over, and STILL leave the ball in the same place. I was at the game and we were livid. It was loud, and it was obvious, that everybody in the world knew where the ball should be except the losers getting paid to know.

CANNOT make this stuff up.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Bakers lone INT was on a mis-communication with Higgins. I don't think that will happen much more. I don't blame Higgins for what he thought was right...that could have been a TD for us. Higgins spun to behind the DB and there was no one in sight to the goal line. What he forgot, was how long the play had already run and Baker was out of time to wait another split second to throw the ball longer. If Higgins sits where he should have, that's another great first down play by him and Baker. Young guys...it happens.

In Myles Garrett's last 100 snaps - at least - he has somehow not drawn a holding penalty. That guy gets held frequently...and I'm not talking ticky-tack here. I'm talking about beating the LT to the edge and having the LT's arm under MG's neck while he's dragging the LT towards the QB. The later it gets in the game...the more you see it. How the refs have now gone TWO GAMES without seeing it ONE TIME is amazing..and complete BS. Two games going neck-and-neck to the end...the LT is tired and beaten...the better-conditioned stud is unstoppable...and we get nothing.

I saw QB play that I've not seen in a long time in a Browns uniform...and see infrequently in any uniform...but when I do see it, it's by guys who are considered elite. Baker isn't elite yet...but he makes plays that leave you shaking your head...in a very good way.

I have always struggled to not focus on the ball when in the stadium. I'm too used to the TV angle focused on the QB/ball. With this Baker guy at QB, I'm focusing less on the ball - because I KNOW it's coming out fast - and more focused on eligible receivers. We've finally got our guy...and the Rats and Stools know it.

FATE #1526448 10/09/18 09:44 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
The spot was correct .... the first block in the back was not called ... REAM THEM FOR THAT ... you’d be correct .... being upset at them for the spot makes u as WRONG AS THEY WERE FOR NOT CALLING THE FIRST ONE ....

How do u like dem apples .... wink ....

the spot was correct based on the penalty that was ACTUALLY CALLED and not the one that should have been called ....

Ya’all aren’t even mad at them for the right reason .... rofl ....

The spot was correct ....

Legend
Legend

That's funny Diam, since there were TWO flags thrown including one in the area of the first block. I guess if you can pick and choose, just pick the one that favors the team you want to win. thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Jester

-Schobert had a great game and schematically I think we figured out a way (finally ) to defend against the TE's. Schobert won't have the stats he did last year, but it's good to see what he brings to the defense wasn't a flash in the pan. My only suggestion for him is to hit the jugs machine after practice. He could be tied with Denzel for INT's on the year LOL

For what it's worth, he is currently 5th in the NFL for Tackles.

Oh dang! Thanks for bringing that too my attention. I guess I've been so enamored with the D line and DB play this season, it seems like the only time I really hear his name called is when he's making almost INT's LOL

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
FATE #1526537 10/09/18 11:49 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
There was no flag thrown on the first one ... your just wrong ... AGAIN ....

Your right .. the fix is in ....

All the refs ... there supervisors ... the head of the nfl referees .... the liaison between the refs and the nfl And all the owners on the officials over site committee are out to get the browns ...

U and tabber and all the rest are right ... its a huge conspiracy to keep the browns down ...

I mean its not like the officials get evaluated every single call or non call every single week ... they just get to do whatever the heck they want unchecked ... rolleyes ...

The refs have made a ton of bad calls over the last few weeks ... and there calls that aren’t near as hard as the roughing the passers and the helmet to helmet calls ... its BAD OFFICIATING ...

That spot wasn’t one of them ... but hey ... u and a bunch of others that have NEVER BLOWN A WHISTLE know all about it .... thumbsup

There’s an old saying .... u can lead a horse to water but u can’t make them drink it ....

I’M OUT ... ya’all enjoy trashing the refs for doing there jobs ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend

myka #1526561 10/09/18 12:14 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They should give every benefit of the doubt before calling something "uncatchable" when the WR is knocked on his arse just as the ball leaves the QBs hand.. it should have to land 10 yards out of bounds before that is ruled uncatchable... And it didn't. It landed 20 yards downfield from where the contact happened. There is no reason to think he couldn't have covered that 20 yards in the time that ball was in the air..

Would be an interesting Sports Science episode to prove whether he could or could not have gotten to that ball. I'm pretty sure he could have.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
They're protecting quarterbacks more but leaving receivers open to get creamed when the db sees a ball is uncatchable, like when the qb is throwing it away but in the general area of the receiver.

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Diam,

I love ya bud, but I have seen bad calls go against every team in the NFL, none of which with the consistency of the amount they go against Cleveland. Even Gene Stattore (who is on a local station here once a week and gives a breakdown on bad calls) said he was horrible officiating the last two weeks against Cleveland. He tried to down play the no call on PI/Illegal conduct, by saying that it wasn't illegal conduct because the ball was released, and it wasn't PI because it was uncatchable. So any deep ball going forward, all you have to do is tackle the WR as early as possible so by the time the ball hits the ground, its nowhere near the opponent.

Constant bad spots. There is one thing the REFS are GREAT AT, its spotting a ball. And how can you or anyone explain throwing a flag against a OL for holding; who never touched the defender?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
They're protecting quarterbacks more but leaving receivers open to get creamed when the db sees a ball is uncatchable, like when the qb is throwing it away but in the general area of the receiver.
Or any deep timing ball, just trip every WR. The ball will soar away from where they are laying after being tripped, and be "uncatchable"

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
You also act like refs in the history of sports have never taken a dime to throw a game.

They have.

Legend
Legend
You also act like refs in the history of sports have never taken a dime to throw a game.

They have.

Of course they have but we are back to the argument of a rogue ref getting paid verses an orchestrated attempt by the league, which is what you would need since the Browns have different officials every week..

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

They have.

Of course they have but we are back to the argument of a rogue ref getting paid verses an orchestrated attempt by the league, which is what you would need since the Browns have different officials every week..

And if you actually believe that is happening then you should stop following the sport.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

They have.

Well I know of two crews so far that I would question smile

0 penalties on Baltimore going into the 3rd Q, when Myles is held every single play.

0 penalties on a VERY AGGRESSIVE defense, and a team that is notoriously hard hitting...

D
Legend
Legend
D
ONLY COMING BACK CAUSE ITS U ... ooops ... sorry about the caps ...

When we meet and we will ... we can youtube some of these calls and go over them ...

Statore (who is a cocky u know what ... dude was the 2nd most disliked official in the league and not a tear was shed when he retired) was right .... just cause u guys don’t like it ... it’s true .. it was not a cover up ... and like me he admitted there was SOME ATROCIOUS officiating over the last three weeks that hurt us ...

If that happenend before Bake released it, it would have been illegal contact ... once he releases it, before PI can BE CONSIDERED it has to be catchable .... if the ball lands REMOTELY CLOSE to where it happens in the time it takes from the collision to th ball landing ... its going to be called .. that ball landed 20 - 25 yards downfield ...

They got that one right also ...

I SAID IT in my previous post to Fate I believe it was ...

THE REFS HAVE MADE SOME HORRIFICK CALLS THE LAST TWO WEEKS ... the one he’s whining about and thinks I’ve turned into Swish over ... *L* ... is a PERFECT EXAMPLE ...

U and him and tabber and the whole lot of U are whining over the CORRECT SPOT when u would be 100% fine whining over the HORRIBLE NON CALL of the initial block in the back ...

The overturned spot last week was HORRIBLE ... same with the “forward progress” BS ... the week before a few HORRIBLE callls hurt us ....

Here’s a little sumptin for u NOVICES to remember about weeks 3 and 4 ... post season assignments are handed out based off how your season went for the most part ...

The two crews on those games .. there not seen to often in the post season ... this year we see one of them but i would guess that followed up by his retirement this off season ... if he gets one it will be more or less a going away present for him ...

Just something to consider ... cause just like everything else in life ... not everyone is as good at there jobs as others ... thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
If that happenend before Bake released it, it would have been illegal contact ... once he releases it, before PI can BE CONSIDERED it has to be catchable .... if the ball lands REMOTELY CLOSE to where it happens in the time it takes from the collision to th ball landing ... its going to be called .. that ball landed 20 - 25 yards downfield ...
So by rule, if your a defender and you see a deep timing pattern, all you have to do is tackle the WR so the ball "looks" to be uncatchable. No more Hail Marys, just tackle every player.....

That play is a flag 9.9 times out of 10. the only 100th of a time its not, is against the Browns.

The only reason the ball was uncatchable was because he was tackled.

AS far as that bad spot against oak, there is not a doubt in my mind, those refs got an email that said, "we don't want chucky 0-4."

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
My last point to my argument my friend, is I have been watching HS and College football all my life.

Never have I seen such poor officiating. If HS refs and college refs can call games better then NFL refs, there is either a major problem with the refs they have hired, or the fix is in.

Anyone know what the spreads were the last two weeks and if Vegas made money on the outcomes?

Legend
Legend
If the spot y'all keep going on about is the ball on the 37 (I believe it was), yes, they absolutely got that one correct.

The non-PI, call, however, I will side with Mayfield on this. It was only "uncatchable" because they put Landry on the ground. Think about how far a fast guy can run in 1.5 seconds. If he was able to keep running, it is not out of the question that he could have gotten under it and at least had a shot.

That said, if the ball hadn't landed so far out of bounds, it would have been easier for the call to go our way.... like, how high was the ball, still, when it crossed the sideline?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
My last point to my argument my friend, is I have been watching HS and College football all my life.

Never have I seen such poor officiating. If HS refs and college refs can call games better then NFL refs, there is either a major problem with the refs they have hired, or the fix is in.

Anyone know what the spreads were the last two weeks and if Vegas made money on the outcomes?

How many HD cameras do they typically use at your HS football games to give you 8 different super slo-mo angles to judge the officiating by?

yebat' Putin
O
All Pro
All Pro
O

How many HS refs have you seen miss a call like this?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
There was no flag thrown on the first one ... your just wrong ... AGAIN ....

Two flags were thrown...one near the catch and one near where the returner went out of bounds.

I was there...two flags...the fans and HUE were having a fit over the spot. I think the ref even announced that there were two fouls on the play...then proceeded to only announce one of them.

The first flag was thrown right where the illegal block occurred...right there.

D
Legend
Legend
D
How’d the replacement officials do? ...

They pulled them from college .... imagine how bad hs guys would have been ...

This particualr play ....

1st thing they teach u after u learn how to blow your whistle is to NEVER EVER EVER blow it without seeing the ball .... u hear that every day and at every pre-game ....

Lesson 1 - learn how to blow whistle ....

Lesson 2 - DON’T EVER BLOW YOUR SHISTLE W/O SEEING THE BALL ...

She was a first year official that was in over her head ... she not only blew her whistle w/o seeing the ball she gave possession away w/o seeing the ball ... *L* ...

She RUSHED ... she rushed everything .... u wouldn’t know this but the angle she took coming is was WAY WAY OFF ... her kill the clock mechanic was rushed and signaled while running in ... all officiating no no’s ...

No one cares about the mechanical flaws on this call ... she also RUSHED her whistle ... that was a problem ... a big problem ....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Lesson 2 - DON’T EVER BLOW YOUR SHISTLE W/O SEEING THE BALL

There's a joke here somewhere, but I'm going to allow this iconic nugget to just stand on it's own.

thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 12 Ravens 9 What I saw Game 5

Link Copied to Clipboard