Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bye Bye .... don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya ... thumbsup

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Thanks for the great insights! Eotab encouraged me to get out here and post, so here goes.
So glad I now know it is Jamie Collins causing my frustration in the backfield. It always seems someone is back there and misses. Lots of tweets calling him out! I have to get my kids to show me how to copy those so I can put them on.

The game changed when Baker got hurt. I know I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can’t help it...ala Brian Hoyer when he was great, got hurt and there went our season.I guess he couldn’t see the field. They blocked his throwing lanes and he couldn’t move out of the pocket like usual. He didn’t seem to be moving at all at the start of the injury. His accuracy also seemed effected.

Something I noticed against the Ravens was at the end of the game. He wasn’t running around happy for the win. I thought he was just tired. This week, he didn’t seem as enthusiastic as usual. Even before his injury something seemed off.

The whole team seemed flat. Too much fun after the big win? Tired from all the overtime?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I still would like to know the ruling on holding in the endzone. The flag was thrown, Garrett was definitely in the endzone and Rivers looked to be on the goal line. Possible safety or am I missing something?

Yeah, I quoted myself... am I the only one who saw this?

This is a safety, no?

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Lot of good discussion...not a normal result after a loss. Especially an Ass kicking Loss!

Flat: We took off Monday in reward of the Raven win...was that a mistake with a young TEAM???

The only thing that really worries me is I saw the team Quit something we didn't even do in the 31 losses the previous 2 seasons! That I didn't like at all. Team, but some individuals played hard!

I really don't like the Leadership and the play being given to us by Landry.

Two Int...the second was just bad by Mayfield but the first???
Let me give an example as I'm sure a lot of you watched the Pats vs Chiefs Game. Great game. There was a play...15+ plus yard pass to Gordon. Brady's throw was behind Gordon. What did Gordon do... He stopped his route and he leaned back into the ball and fought for it eventually knocking it down for an Incomplete pass.

Landry...on the first INT. He is doing a deep out...Mayfield scrambling to his left and having his momentum going left on the run threw not such a bad pass but definitely behind Landry...what did he do...the veteran leader. He continue his route and the pass ended up touch his hands but definitely behind him...did he stop his route and fight for the ball. No he simply continued his route and simple reached back while still running to the OUT...and the Defender was able to step in and Make the INT. This is a fact, Mayfield did not have a game where he could carry the team that is for sure. And his worse game to date...BUT he was not AWFUL, worrisome Awful. The team played terrible.

Talent. We all know that our talent is good but our DEPTH IS SUSPECT. We went into that game with 3 total WR...to of them were rookies and the Vet played more like a rookie then a Vet!
Njoku had a good game and his drops pretty much disappeared. Thought Duke and Devalve should have been out there more although I did see Fells a lot. So a strength of the team WR is now deplete...Coleman dump is a blessing. Gordon trade was probably premature considering what we put up with and this was nothing as in his F-ups...but the fact is he lied to the coaches. His Hammy just healed in Game 6.

Now our LBs are hurt, Good talent but little depth. The Kendricks ordeal is big big time for us. Good talent and a freaking White Crime of all things! Now we got Schobert who is the COACH on the field for us who I have heard read from opposing players that he calls out the play and they are like HOW DID HE KNOW THAT??? Well it was a pass and he was dropping in the middle of the field playing Zone...nothing really explosive...but you can see him all of sudden Grab the Hammy in the middle of the play...which was ended up on the sidelines no where near Schobert. Now it took Gordon 6 weeks to revover from the Hammy...its a type of injury that you feel nothing in a light run and walk and for normal people you are OK but for an athlete he explodes and back to square one. So we have to watch out for him coming back too soon cause you know he will want to come back!... So I figure 6 weeks maybe right around our Bye Week he can come back then. But what do we do in the Interim. Avery and Burgess are the two who are next man up. Collins looks lost out there some times and is playing the edge terribly and was in the middle of all those big runs, NOT MAKING Plays which resulted in double digit gains. Who in 30 carries by their starters...averaged 8.1 yards Again it was the same play over and over again. I thought I was watching a historical lesson of Lombardi yelling..."You got a Seal Here. You got a Seal Here"...and an off tackle lane for an untouched RB! Terrible...and from just reading expressions. I'm guessing Williams came up with an answer to it but time after time the players involved did not follow the play and the execution was terrible. I'm sure we had an adjustment in there but to no avail it was not executed.

How will we adjust to the two positional injuries. LB and WR. Perriman? I wish but what are the odds the kid gets hit by the Magic Stick and POOF...he becomes a viable weapon???

Duke, Njoku, Devalve and hopefully a complete turn around by Landry is the Answer. On D we have to hope that AVERY comes up big he is the only possible answer of TALENT...Burgess just is too small and doesn't take hits well. I know he gets a good rep here and there but he most definitely is not the answer!

Character in answering this loss??? Not sure if it has anything to do with team Character, will we be able to overcome the lack of NEXT MAN UP talent wise???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I saw Baker get hurt early and he should have been taken out of the game. It was nonsense to let him play in that condition especially with the clown posse we have at WR!

The D played well after the first series. We had them on their goal line twice punting. After we blew the 4th and 2 and the REFS shafting us as usual on a consistent basis this year, it was all over.

We need some WR's and LB's ASAP!

Due to injury and no depth, just like that, we are a mess.

I saws Baker a lot last year in college.
There is no way he will let himself come out of the game. Was he hurt? Yes. Did it effect his mobility? I think an obvious? Could he still play? Most definitely. He will fight threw it and it looked to be a little tweak in his lower leg. possibly a small tear in the achilles, we have to be careful about it. Not only did he slide on the plastic stick guards but I thought I saw his cleat get caught up in the raveled up Chain links.

His arm still looked good. I was hoping that the little injury would get the Pass Pro blocking with a new determination to keep the kid clean...It did not we had no answer to the stunts and the game plan of taking away the passing lanes. Out of adjusting I'm curious what Wilie will come up with as I'm sure the NFL will copy this game plan.

Got to run...first step in setting up Ultra sound for the Tumor and set up surgery! See you all later...

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Good luck Tab. I hope everything turns out well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

I still would like to know the ruling on holding in the endzone. The flag was thrown, Garrett was definitely in the endzone and Rivers looked to be on the goal line. Possible safety or am I missing something?

This is a safety, no?

Don't think it is, Myles is in the end zone but the ball isn't

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's where the foul occurs not where the ball is...

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think it matters where the ball is when the foul occurs. If Rivers were in the endzone, it would have been a safety. Since he is not, no safety.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Hammer
I think it matters where the ball is when the foul occurs. If Rivers were in the endzone, it would have been a safety. Since he is not, no safety.

Device is right, it’s where the foul occurred not where the ball is located.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Would be interesting to see when the flag was actually thrown on the play. Did the hold initially occur before MG was in the end zone. The NFL would say that, no doubt.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would still like to go back and watch it...

I know it's over and done with but I'm curious.

I don't know what discussions took place on the penalty, but my first thought was safety. No one mentioned it, not the announcers, not the officials... but Hue may have asked about it and they said it wasn't in the endzone. I would LOVE to know how it played out...

Legend
Legend
Hue Jackson said holding penalty by Chargers LT Russell Okung against Myles Garrett came before end zone, shouldn't have been a safety.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1051905628539641856

#gmSTRONG
N
Rookie
Rookie
N

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Damn. Maybe we can sign Rivers to be our RT. rofl

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks. Holding looks like it happened at the 1.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I saw a team go into a game believing the hype they received all week from media and fans.

I saw Hue go for it on 4th and 2 down 11 points. A FG would have pulled them closer early in the game. Chargers score immediately afterwards, and the team quit at that point.

I saw Collins and Burgess both putting very little hustle into their game. I saw Ogbah be handled one on one constantly.

I again saw a Williams defense let a team run wild on them. Using the same play over and over.

I agree that after the non call on the LT in which they scored while half the defense stopped, the team gave up.

I saw a young team get a lesson from a seasoned Vet(Rivers).

I saw that Landry will give up if things aren't going good.

Dorsey needs to sign a viable WR, not one with poor hands. And Hue needs to never give this young group a "victory Monday" until they win a few in a row.

Next week we will see if this team will overcome the egg they laid Sunday, and put forth a statement game. If they don't, I see a return to the pit they have been in for the last couple years.

I like Hue, but if the team performs like that again, his days could be counted. Not that that is what I want, but it would be something that will be something that will be looked at.

I would like to add, that without Schobert, the LBs are horrible. I have not seen Kirksey do much of anything this year, and Collins only plays when he feels like it. IMO, Burgess is a very overrated player.

Dorsey needs to find a stud WR and a LB who can tackle before the deadline.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I saw it. I was just wondering how you knew how severe the injury was.

Severe enough to hamper his throwing IMHO.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

This is a safety, no?

I thought the same thing.....holding in the endzone....it was a safety Our guy was held in the endzone.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

Should TT start next game then?

Legend
Legend
Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c:

Aren't refs supposed to throw the flag where the foul occured? It looked like that one landed in the end zone. Just saying.

The whole he started holding him earlier doesn't really hold up for me. It's still a foul while he's holding him in the endzone. They don't mark pass interference where the receiver is first touched.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Step 1 is the qb needs to be in the end zone .... if he’s not in the end zone it doesn’t matter where the holding occurs its not a safety ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Step 1 is the qb needs to be in the end zone .... if he’s not in the end zone it doesn’t matter where the holding occurs its not a safety ...

I believe he was in the endzone when the hold started.

Joe Thomas #73
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I believe he was in the endzone when the hold started.

Doesn't matter. Here's the rule.

SECTION 29 - SAFETY

It is a Safety if the spot of enforcement for a foul by the offense is behind its own goal line, or if the ball is dead in possession of a team on or behind its own goal line when the impetus (3-17) comes from the team defending that goal line.

The hold was clearly in the endzone and should've been a safety.

myka #1531036 10/16/18 09:31 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Except it wasn't clearly in the end zone. Some say that it the hold started before they reached the end zone.

We didn't lose the damn game due to the officiating.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree, I think the foul was called prior to reaching the end zone, even if it was only by half a step. And the refs definitely didn't cost us THIS game. They still boned us several times, but they didn't cost us the game for a change. We did that all on our own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Vicki
Thanks for the great insights! Eotab encouraged me to get out here and post, so here goes.
So glad I now know it is Jamie Collins causing my frustration in the backfield. It always seems someone is back there and misses. Lots of tweets calling him out! I have to get my kids to show me how to copy those so I can put them on.

The game changed when Baker got hurt. I know I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can’t help it...ala Brian Hoyer when he was great, got hurt and there went our season.I guess he couldn’t see the field. They blocked his throwing lanes and he couldn’t move out of the pocket like usual. He didn’t seem to be moving at all at the start of the injury. His accuracy also seemed effected.

Something I noticed against the Ravens was at the end of the game. He wasn’t running around happy for the win. I thought he was just tired. This week, he didn’t seem as enthusiastic as usual. Even before his injury something seemed off.

The whole team seemed flat. Too much fun after the big win? Tired from all the overtime?

A disturbing trend I've seen out of Collins this season is that he gets off to a slow start every game... lack of hustle, poor tackling, not willing to fully commit to the play.. typically I've only seen that last the first series or two, but this game.... I predict we'll be looking for his replacement in next years Draft.

I'm with Swish on this loss... I'm strangely comfortable with the timing of it. This team has made strides getting the monkey off it's back, but it hasn't accomplished anything yet. They are only just getting back to a base line NFL team. My hope is that this was a humbling game for them.

The Chargers to me looked like they were expertly executing their blocking assignments with precision. I swear every play each offensive player was actively carrying out their assignment, the 'ol hat on a hat. Our defense tried to do what your supposed to and force the runner back inside, but because San Diego's execution was so well done, there was no one there to pick him up.

But the Browns were indeed flat. They didn't seem to put themselves in the best positions to shed blocks and instead looked like they were generally content to eat up the block and assume someone else would make the tackle.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Thanks...I was just about to make a comment saying that might be the case.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I agree, I think the foul was called prior to reaching the end zone, even if it was only by half a step. And the refs definitely didn't cost us THIS game. They still boned us several times, but they didn't cost us the game for a change. We did that all on our own.

I was at the game, and the hold did indeed start outside of the end zone. Garrett was driving hard and they ended up in the end zone.

Also, in this instance all that matters is where the hold occurs and not where the QB and/or the ball is. If the hold was in the end zone, it is a safety even if the QB is in the field of play.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Should TT start next game then?

No.

75% Baker Mayfield > 100% Tyrod Taylor

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Well by the pic, that is not a safety. The QB is on the one yard line, yes the hold took place in the endzone but the rule of safety with a hold has to have the QB in the End zone, where the hold took place is meaningless to the safety its all where the QB is, not where the Hold is.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Sorry wrong...it is definitely where the ball is.
To be a safety Rivers must be in the endzone.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Hammer

Device is right, it’s where the foul occurred not where the ball is located.

Surprised you got this wrong cfrs..where the fould occured is meaningless, its where the ball is. To be a safety Rivers has to be in the endzone....if the hold is on the one yard line and rivers is in the endzone...THAT IS SAFETY...surprised you knowledgeable fans don't know the rule.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Except it wasn't clearly in the end zone. Some say that it the hold started before they reached the end zone.

We didn't lose the damn game due to the officiating.
No not this week at least smile

And I would say the worse call of the two was the non call on the false start. JMO

and I don't think it was hold, as rivers was not in the endzone. Think about it guys, for a safety to occur, the ball carrier must be talked in their own endzone, so the ball would have to be in the endzone on a hold for it to be a safety.

Last edited by willitevachange; 10/17/18 02:51 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab

Sorry wrong...it is definitely where the ball is.
To be a safety Rivers must be in the endzone.

Section 29, Safety.

It is a safety if the spot of enforcement for a foul by the offense is behind its own goal line.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Chargers 38 What I saw game 6

Link Copied to Clipboard