Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It sounds like you have just given the perfect example of someone who is a psychotic con man and I tend to agree.

To you, I am sure.
But to the rest of America he is standing strong and trying to negotiate from a position of strength (Veto Power) to get what is best for our Nation'security. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
The rest of America? In case you missed it, he got over 3 million less votes than Hillary. And she sucked! That's hardly the rest of America.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The rest of America? In case you missed it, he got over 3 million less votes than Hillary. And she sucked! That's hardly the rest of America.

And still she lost! rofl

You Can't Stump The Trump!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/20/18 05:42 PM.
Legend
Legend
Not sure if it's been discussed here, and I haven't checked in the last hour, but an hour ago, he wasn't signing anything.. we're heading for a Shutdown... And TRUMP shutdown

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
And yet your claim of "the rest of America" was proven to be a lie. You are learning from Individual 1. When caught in a lie deflect and change the subject. He does it so much it's about time you caught on. The rest of us did long ago.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Not sure if it's been discussed here, and I haven't checked in the last hour, but an hour ago, he wasn't signing anything.. we're heading for a Shutdown... And TRUMP shutdown

Pay attention now...

The President can't sign or veto what isn't on his desk.

Lets go Congress, give the President a Bill to look at!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Pay attention now...

The President can't sign or veto what isn't on his desk.

Lets go Congress, give the President a Bill to look at!

President Trump told House Republican leaders Thursday he will not sign a Senate-passed spending package that does not include sought-after border security funds, upending negotiations to avert a government shutdown by the end of the week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-h...border-security

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And that is why the House is scrambling to add wall funds to the Bill. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
House Republicans' push to add $5 billion for President Trump's long-promised border wall to a bill that would fund most of the federal government through early February -- and prevent a partial government shutdown this week -- cleared a key procedural hurdle Thursday night.

The House voted 221-179, along party lines, to advance a "rule" allowing the measure to come to the floor for a final vote. It came hours after the president House GOP leaders that he would not enact a Senate-passed package that does not provide money for the barrier.

Trump's statement increased the chances that parts of the federal government would cease operations at midnight Friday, since it is highly unlikely that a bill that funds the border wall would pass in the Senate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-bill-to-fund-government-with-5b-for-border-wall

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So let's get this straight. You were applauding Trump because he said he would shut down the government over the wall. Then you applauded Trup because he said he wouldn't shut down the government over the wall. Now you're applauding trump because there's a chance he may once again decide to shut down the government over the wall.

Let's hope everyone lets that sink in for a minute.

rofl

I thought it might go over your head.If you paid attention you would have seen how I figured out ahead of time what he was up to.

He started with threatening a shutdown and was proud to do it.

Next he was mellow and showed the House he could not get the wall by himself. That played out and the criticism of the House Republicans grew in the ranks. The House was embarrassed.

(Next I posted how Trump was hinting he would not sign)
Then Trump pounced. Will the House go out with a whimper or would they fight? The House is scrambling right now to get some kind of wall funding worked into the Bill.

-If they are successful and it passes the House but Schumer's Senators kill it, it becomes Schumer's shutdown.

-If they are successful and it passes the Senate, Trump gets his wall money.

-If nothing happens, Trump will have a Bill on his desk that he will either sign or not.(which is where we were from the start)

And there you have it! The House approves $5 billion for the wall!
Congrats to the House Republicans for getting it done and putting Americans first over politics! thumbsup

Can't Stump The Trump!

Now Schumer and his Democrat Senators will shut the Country down!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/20/18 10:55 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This truly is a triumph for the American people, national security. I am proud that at least some in congress care more about the country than politics unlike the democrats. They said, "Oh sure, oh sure, we have a bill and let's pass it." Democrats, the problem with your bill is that it doesn't fix a damn thing in relation to illegal immigration or reform. Hell, we can pass a bill just to pass it but what would the purpose be then?

People who oppose the wall are in direct opposition to national security. Do they not care about the security of the nation? I just don't get it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
One last swing and a miss by the Cons to build a wall. Look at how incompetent all these haters of America are. Control of the house for two years and absolutely nothing to show for it. What failures. No wonder why America is kicking them to the curb.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You have zero clue. I could list all of their accomplishments and it would be long. Now they approved wall money.

But it would fall upon deaf ears with you on the Left.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You have zero clue. I could list all of their accomplishments and it would be long. Now they approved wall money.

But it would fall upon deaf ears with you on the Left.

How can you see when you're so blinded by politics. Cons are such failures they couldn't repeal Obamacare in 8 years rofl

America said "You Cons hate America. You're fired!" and then voted them all out.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I really really really need to make this my signature.

"Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that CHS hates and despises this country."

-Charles Bukowski
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Not going to get 60 in the senate.
Time to go golfing

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I really really really need to make this my signature.

"Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that CHS hates and despises this country."

Gotta give credit to anarchy2day the original hater of America. I see you also hate America and its children as well.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yes, I am going to do it now, this confirms it.

-Charles Bukowski
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yes, I am going to do it now, this confirms it.

Just remember, I'm living in your head rent free. I don't need another lawsuit from a land lord.

Legend
Legend

very excellent question, AOC.

the same people who stated we dont have money to spend, are now finding money to spend, and the conservative base just magically forgot what they complained about.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
What blows my mind is that we are going to use this money not on education or other worthy endeavors, but we want to use it on something that won't even work.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I never forget what I complain about because I complain like every 5 minutes. rofl

Border security is actually way way more important than all of the things she just listed. You want to know why? If we don't have border security than we don't even have a country to begin with.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
What blows my mind is that we are going to use this money not on education or other worthy endeavors, but we want to use it on something that won't even work.

Can you explain why it wouldn't work?

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
We have border security. And you can increase security without a wall that won’t work.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
That doesn't explain why the wall wouldn't work, just saying. If you build the wall, long term, that would possibly require less man power resources. Personally I think it would save money in the long run. I'd make it 50ft or more high.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/21/18 01:06 AM.

-Charles Bukowski
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
That doesn't explain why the wall wouldn't work, just saying. If you build the wall, long term, that would possibly require less man power resources. Personally I think it would save money in the long run. I'd make it 50ft or more high.

How much of a dent in illegal immigration will a wall cut into? You can give a percentage if you would like. If a wall makes a secure border, then why have you not advocated for one on the northern border?

Legend
Legend
We’ve already had this discussion of why it won’t work a thousand times. Nobodies mind is gonna be changed.

I just don’t want to hear a word from conservatives about wasteful government spending. It’s obviously false.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Have you ever looked at a map of the United States. How long will it take to build the wall? How much will it ultimately cost? How will it circumvent the Rio Grande? What about the rough terrain Texas? What of the tribal lands? Will they cooperate? Will the wall magically be built in a short period of time? What about the balloon affect, where you secure one area, and the traffic goes to another? What about the vast amount of water passages that are prevalent in the SW United States?

Get real.

O
Legend
Legend
O
We don't need a wall, who wants to come here under Trump. And Trump knows damn well this isn't getting passed in the Senate. BUT he needed a distraction from the headline of him giving the Syria to Putin and Iran.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/21/18 01:32 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Have you ever looked at a map of the United States. How long will it take to build the wall?

Well, the air force is closing the chapel at the academy for 4 years for a restoration project. To build a wall...I doubt it'll be built in our lifetime.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Last day on the job so Paul Ryan specified the materials:

O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope they build the wall high enough to hide the Trumpian's pointy white hoods.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Time to go golfing

Nancy Pelosi said Trump didn't have the votes in the House to pass this Bill. rofl

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

Legend
Legend
Time to go golfing

Nancy Pelosi said Trump didn't have the votes in the House to pass this Bill. rofl

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

I believe she was talking about after January 1st...

The topic you posted was that Trump decides NOT to shut down the Government.

He still needs 60 votes in the Senate.. He's not going to get that..

he agreed earlier in the week to pass a CR to keep the Government working, then after being beat on by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others of that type, he did what he always does, Lies.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
They're going to try and use Harry Reid's nuclear option to straight away pass the bill and sign it because god knows, the democrats don't want any border security. Nothing will get done under Nancy Pelosi. She is the spokesperson for term limits.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

he agreed earlier in the week to pass a CR to keep the Government working, then after being beat on by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others of that type, he did what he always does, Lies.....

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told President Trump during a televised meeting at the White House last week that he did not have enough support in the House for border funding.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

"Well, then do it. Do it," Pelosi said.

On Thursday night, a bill to fund the government that included $5.7 billion for border security measures passed the lower chamber 217-185.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...er-wall-funding

Nancy = Wrong! rofl
Trump = Unstumped! thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
They're going to try and use Harry Reid's nuclear option to straight away pass the bill and sign it because god knows, the democrats don't want any border security. Nothing will get done under Nancy Pelosi. She is the spokesperson for term limits.

Except Mitch can't do that this time. wink Short and curlies.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Except Mitch can't do that this time. wink Short and curlies.

the majority of the country is gonna blame Trump for the shutdown, if it happens, just like he wanted all of us to point the finger at.

now all of a sudden he wants to blame the dems. meanwhile, word is that even more defense department officials want to resign since mattis bounced, the stock markets are tanking, economic growth is slowing, inflation/cost of living is rising, and we might leave yet another void in the middle east.

other than that, we're all good!

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't forget Mueller is coming.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Time to go golfing

rofl

rofl

WRONG!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told President Trump during a televised meeting at the White House last week that he did not have enough support in the House for border funding.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

"Well, then do it. Do it," Pelosi said.

On Thursday night, a bill to fund the government that included $5.7 billion for border security measures passed the lower chamber 217-185.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...er-wall-funding

Nancy = Wrong! rofl
Trump = Unstumped! thumbsup

Pence breaks tie in Senate to advance spending bill, as shutdown clock ticks

After keeping the vote open for five hours to secure enough support, the Senate finally advanced a House-approved spending bill with $5.7 billion for a border wall with Vice President Mike Pence breaking a tie. That procedural hurdle paves the way for a final vote in the Senate.

If Congress doesn’t pass a spending bill by midnight, a partial government shutdown will be triggered.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence-b...own-clock-ticks

Keep it rolling Republicans!
Nothing can stop us now from making our southern border safe except the Democrats!

We know the Democrats care about America and her Citizens and want border security so this vote should be smooooth sailing! thumbsup

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump decides not to shut down the government

Link Copied to Clipboard