Legend
M
j/c...

D
Legend
Legend
D
*LOL* ...

Ya .. i was crying ... i made a sound rational post saying i could care less ... and cause your .. well u ... i was crying and am a snowflake .. typical from someone backed into a corner and has no rational response ....

0 + 0 = 0 is obviously way to hard for u ...

Good Night Eve ... enjoy the rest of it ... thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
*LOL* ...

Ya .. i was crying ... i made a sound rational post saying i could care less ... and cause your .. well u ... i was crying and am a snowflake .. typical from someone backed into a corner and has no rational response ....

0 + 0 = 0 is obviously way to hard for u ...

Good Night Eve ... enjoy the rest of it ... thumbsup

I can add to 26.

Too bad you can't add past zero.

Good thing we had leaders running our team and not giant wussified babies.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
Ya ... i bet Riley gave him the idea to throw the ball into the backs of the opponents during pre - games .... and the crotch grab ... think his ma recommended that to him ...

rofl ...

U guys are a trip ... REALITY is a wonderful thing ... thumbsup

I’m done with this ... bye bye ...

Back to my my myopic little vacuum world ....

Yes ... Montana, Brady, Brees ... they grabbed there crotches during games all the time ... i think Brady did it twice today ... rofl ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Be sure to take some tissues with you back to your safe space.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Keep crying snowflake tears about Baker.

He is the literal ONLY REASON we have anything to celebrate this year.

So put a pacifier in yer yap.

I support Baker 100% in his badass self. It is who he is.

If you dont like it, feel free to leave.

No Baker fans are gonna apologize or try to apease crybabies.

Oh Hey, I hear Hue Jackson and his Bungles need some fans. Maybe you should go join up.

BOOM.

Diam, you're awesome but Eve brought the heat with that post.
*L* smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes ... Montana, Brady, Brees ... they grabbed there crotches during games all the time ... i think Brady did it twice today ... rofl ...

Your boy, Brady, definitely was a crotch grabber tongue......

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

Out of curiosity how old are you?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
We'll see...

His college opponents hated the dude. Don't forget that.

Certainly we dont care about this, right?

If he can backup his play, then he can do whatever drives him. And 99% of the time, he backs it up on the field.

Hes having one of the greatest rookie QB seasons in NFL history. More power to him.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ya ... i bet Riley gave him the idea to throw the ball into the backs of the opponents during pre - games .... and the crotch grab ... think his ma recommended that to him ...

rofl ...

U guys are a trip ... REALITY is a wonderful thing ... thumbsup

I’m done with this ... bye bye ...

Back to my my myopic little vacuum world ....

You are missing the point, lol.

But your response proved my original point, so thanks.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: slick

I'm not sure if my answer should be:

1) Old enough to be your mother
or
2) Young enough to be cooler than you.

No Craps Given
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Baker just destroyed Hue with that look

He is just airing his grievances.

That stuff goes deeper than anyone probably knows. I want people to hate us. Screw the media scumbags who had their laughs and the heck with Jackson too. He's a big boy. Deal with it.

I'm thinking Baker is just pissed at Hue because he wasn't given the starting job by him, but that is just my guess.

No, this has everything to do with Hue questioning Baker's work ethic on HARD KNOCKS, and then congratulating him for "earning" 2nd team QB. Hue is an epic know-it-all.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 12/24/18 01:40 AM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I find that picture to be really disturbing, especially the dude in the middle.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie
I don't like how Baker disrespects an elder.

What are you doing posting on here, and not yelling at folks to get off your lawn?

LOL, that got me good.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

You and I have been reading each others' posts for more than a decade.

I can't remember a time when I got more pumped reading another fan's post. It geeks me for next week and next year, at the same time.

So glad to be sharing this wave with you.
Lord knows we've all suffered long enough together.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Denzel, you’re my boy, you can’t play 220 aggression, I need 180 form.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I hope Dorsey announces this week that Williams and kitchens will be retained in their current positions. Been saying that for awhile now.

Why mess with a good thing? They're getting it done.

I don't think the Browns can summarily do that without interviewing a NFL approved minority.

I understand the rule, but there are exceptions to rules, and this might be one of those times.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
If you promote an interim head coach, you don't have to interview an outside coach .... at least that what I understand.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: slick

I'm not sure if my answer should be:

1) Old enough to be your mother
or
2) Young enough to be cooler than you.

#1 might apply, but #2 for sure.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Denzel, you’re my boy, you can’t play 220 aggression, I need 180 form.

I agree. Puts the Williams quote about stupid tackling during camp in to context.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Well holy cow!!! We just swept the bengals. A win next Sunday gives us our first winning record in over a decade and a sweep over the slimey ravens, there are even better things on our horizon and you are fretting over a crotch grab in college. I am looking forward to a throat grab of the Steelers next year as we sweep them.

Everybody should be enjoying this not fussing about the past. Baker is going to lead this team to the super bowl. Let’s enjoy the ride.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Baker continues to impress me as a rookie. He’s finding success inside and outside of structure. His anticipation, ball placement, and decision making have improved throughout the season to the point where they’re quickly becoming the foundational part of his professional skill set. But blending the traditional elements of quarterbacking with the moments of spontaneous genius is a salivating prospect. There are still a lot of little things to clean up or improve, but given his desire for greatness, I’ve got full confidence he will continue to develop over the offseason.

As far as the late-game incident with Hue goes, count me among those that believe there is more to their story than currently publicized. Personally, I suspect I wouldn’t have done it, but I recognize that I do not match his fiery personality, either. If those emotive, savage displays fuel his performance, then so be it. I would never ask him to apologize or change. Because his emergence as a firecracker quarterback reignited a dormant franchise. It’s been LeBron-esque.

To that last point, loved seeing the team rally around Baker after the out-of-bounds shot.

Tackling technique is situational and Ward needs to learn that. There are indeed times when the principal point of contact should be the chest or shoulders; however, on his individual basis, that is ill-advised. Considering most tackles are bang-bang plays and Ward has such a slender frame, his first instinct should almost always be to cut the ball carrier down, and he needs to spend the offseason reprogramming that aspect of his game. He was far too upright on each of the tackles that led to his three injuries. Depending on some variables, like the angle of the tackle and the principal point of contact, he either needs to drive through the legs or wrap and roll like an alligator.

Excited about the sub-package trio of Garrett, Ogunjobi, and Avery for next season. If they can add another pass rusher to the unit – edge or interior – then I’ll feel good about our chances to compete with anyone.

If Bruce Arians is hired, Amos Jones is likely the first-choice special teams coordinator. I would prefer that Amos Jones does not remain special teams coordinator. If that’s the direction that Dorsey and the Haslams want to go, I hope they discuss re-assigning Jones. Maybe a special projects role.

Last edited by Niolen; 12/24/18 07:27 AM.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
What exactly did baker “say” about his former coaches??

Legend
Legend
We'll see...

His college opponents hated the dude. Don't forget that.

...and his college teammates loved him. "His opponents hated him"? Good! How many times in the past have we seen our unhated qb's cheap shotted by opponents and our team just sit there and watch? Would you rather have that? I'd much rather have that infectious bad blood with our division rivals. His teammates are buying into it big time and are willing to go to war with and for him.

I used to get so pizzed off when our players were out on the field with the steelers laughing and joking around right after games in which they beat our ass while concussing Colt and Cribbs. This isn't golf. I watch football for entertainment. I don't want to see a good 'ol boys club and dream that I'm a part of it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
In the NFL I think its a given that the other team is trying to hurt your QB, whether he is the biggest meanie ever or the nicest guy in the world. Colt McCoy would stop in traffic to save a stranded puppy in the rain, and James Harrison still head-butted him to Dream Street. Josh McCown never had a bad word to say about anyone, leads the postgame prayer circle, and he got helicoptered into the turf by the Jets. Its pretty common knowledge in the NFL that the defense is trying to knock your #1 QB out of the game. So I don't think the chip on Mayfield's shoulder is going to precipitate any unusual aggression on him; the aggression is already built-in.

Legend
Legend
Bake’s so gangsta with his look back stare.

This is an epic rivalry in the making. Too bad this is probably the last year for Marvin Lewis and I don’t think Mike Brown is grooming Hue to be HC in Cincinnati. So it probably won’t amount to much. We’ll see.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
BM now has 24 Passing TD's and is #3 in the all time Rookie Passing TD Record Book. Had Njoku not been a bit dinged up it would be 25.
Only Manning and Wilson have more at 26.
BOTH started 16 Games.
Baker 12/13..... still one to go!
We are 7-7-1.... have a Team we can all be proud of... that Team has a QB they will follow into the Fires of Hell! (well OK a bit much)... and we are ALL having fun!
If having a fiery personality and a touch too much ego (which he apparently can back up)is what it takes.
I'm fine w/ that.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
so honest question, diam. We could still have a starting qb who is the nicest guy in the world, great family man, never grabbed his crotch in his life. Yes tyrod could still be our starting qb. Do you think we would be 7-7? Do you think the stadium would have been packed yesterday?? Do you think fans would still have been standing around chanting his name during his post game interview?? Heck would there even have been a postgame interview?? if tyrod was still our starting qb??

I must say I am a little confused, diam. I thought you had booked baker a luxury suite on the isle. Am I wrong about that??

Legend
Legend
Mayfield with some crazy tight throws, Landry, Johnson Jr., and Higgins with some insane sideline catches, and a TD that was insane (by Higgins). Also the continued success of Chubb and Johnson Jr. Yikes,.

The D coming up big again....

basically, we owned the Bengals.

Hue Jackson wasn't any help at all,,

Winning 5 of the last 6 is outstanding.. If they can keep this level of intensity up and carry it into next year, we could a force to deal with.

This was fun to watch...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Baker is smart. I feel he will learn as he matures.
I don't like The words Baker said in the Bungle game 1. Now the stare..... absolutely no issue with that. Had he not said what he did after game 1 prolly wouldn't be a issue.
If you ever think Bake is gonna be different ya might as well hope we trade him something because he isn't gonna change those stares and such. He will learn what to say and not but other than that....he is what he is.
We either gotta get use to that or you Ina a world or hate and animosity for years to come.
This dude wins and those in the locker room absolutely gravitate to him. Reason is he backs it up with performances as a leader and he wins !

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Legend
Legend
Whatever it is that happened between Hue and Baker, it’s personal. I don’t remember him saying a thing about Haley and he’s not gone out of his way to rub it in the face of another teams coaching staff. This dude does not like Hue and he does not like him in a big way.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Whatever it is that happened between Hue and Baker, it’s personal. I don’t remember him saying a thing about Haley and he’s not gone out of his way to rub it in the face of another teams coaching staff. This dude does not like Hue and he does not like him in a big way.

I think you are correct.. Look at what happened when the shackles were taken off Mayfield. He produced.. I think he blames Hue for holding him back.. Makes some sense really.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The way I look at it, if I had to play for the worst coach of all time, and he spent two and a half years blaming the players, front office, and assistant coaches-- everybody but himself-- for his awful performance, and then bolted to a division rival (to work for free, due to the offset) a couple weeks after one of the more deserved firings of our day, I probably wouldn't like the guy either.

This is in addition to whatever inner discord there was in the organization. I think there were some hints along the way. For example, from the Sports Illustrated article, "The disconnect created by Jackson's inferior knowledge of Haley’s offense, and the players’ unfamiliarity with Jackson’s scheme, frustrated players and coaches alike, according to five sources within the organization."

Possible translation: Clueless had no idea what he was doing. Leading up to the first Bengals game, Baker Mayfield was asked whether Hue knowing the offense could be an advantage for the Bengals, to which Baker replied "No... (asked why)... just no."

More will surely come out in time.

Haus #1572399 12/24/18 10:48 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Much of this is revealing.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Baker has given the Browns an attitude and a true leader that has raised the level of his teammates. We just swept the Bengals and are on a 3 game win streak. We have found our franchise QB and the leader of our team.
Who gives a crap about the fact he doesn't like Hue Jackson? Or his opponents? I have been a Browns fan since Frank Ryan was our QB. I have seen them all and I have never seen anyone like Baker. If you can't enjoy what Baker has done for the Browns you may need to find another team because this is just the beginning.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed

I love the attitude and swagger that Baker has brought. Of course, it isn't just him. There are a lot of really good players on this team. Williams and Kitchens have contributed. But man, Baker is one of those guys who just raises the level of play of everybody around him.

Part of it is his play-- moving around in the pocket, making good decisions and accurate passes, things that will always make the offense look better. It's also his attitude and leadership. Guys just want to play hard for the guy.

Heck he even asked the fans to show up, they did, and the Browns delivered. That's 5-2-1 at home on the year. That'll go a long way toward selling those season tickets.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Has anyone brought up the possibility that we might need to replace Amos Jones as ST Coordinator? The weekly breakdowns and penalties are an ongoing aggravation and can be backbreakers in close games.

D
Legend
Legend
D
rofl ... that was funny ... him and of course VICE GRIPS get VIP treatment on the Isle ... thumbsup

I said i could care less bro .... its right there in my initial post ... i’ve been nothing but supportive of Bake ... i guess maybe what i said about the thief is where this is coming from ... i just meant i didnt want to be a hypocrite with that ...

BUT RIGHT THERE IN THE POST ... i said ... I COULD CARE LESS ...

Would i prefer someone not as emotional and with a “temper” in that sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him ... ABSOLUTELY .... do i really care if he grab his crotch at the opposing sideline ... i’m not his mother, so not really ...

I believe I also said in a following post he’s also a GREAT KID in that he has a GOOD HEART by all he’s doing for the community ...

Here’s the ironic part .. and BTW ... thanks for actually taking the time to ASK A QUESTION as opposed to just beating me over my head with a club like Eve did last night ...

I’m still not sure how the post i made led to the “undressing” she gave me last night ... i said i could care less and she comes back with i’m a snowflake and should leave if i dont support Bake ... math there’s is completely f’d up ...

Ironic part ... BEFORE THE DRAFT some were concerned over Bake’s “incidents” in college ... running form the cops .. grabbing his crotch ... hit dude in the back of the head ... and those concerns were OVERBLOWN in IMO ..

I SAID MULTIPLE TIMES BEFORE THE DRAFT that Bake’s acts stemmed form INMARURITY on his part ....

Now he does IMO two more INMATURE THINGS while with us .... i’m not reffering to how he treated Hue on the field that day ... i actually gave him credit for that ... after the “press” blasted them he took that opportunity to throw Hue under the bus ... that IMO was INMATURE ... if u dont agree with me fine ... but it doesnt make me some MORON that can’t add 1 + 1 = 2 .... what he did yesterday was INMATURE IMO also ...

I’ve been CONSISTENT with that since BEFORE WE DRAFTED HIM ... and i said i COULD CARE LESS ....

He also does a ton of work for charity and spreads awareness for those in need ... that’s IMPORTANT to me ...

I am sure his mom is brimmining with pride about the young man she raised with how good a heart he has .... i’m Also sure when he grabbed his crotch she wanted to go out on the filed and pull him off out of emberassment ... i feel like his ma .... *L* ...

I seriously dont understand Eve’s reply to me or why u said i was “fretting” ... i said i COULD CARE LESS in my initial post ...

Thanks for asking dawg ... now go take the fretting part back ... *LOL* ....

Have a good one dawg ... thumbsup

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I saw a stadium that was alive and rocking, chanting Baker,Baker, Baker.... and it was because of the attitude change the team has had. There is no question Baker is the leader. He says what he feels which is refreshing. No cookie cutter answers from Baker. And he backs it up on the field.
I saw a group of receivers playing great. An oline that has improved. A running game we can depend on. TEs make plays. A QB that is becoming one of the best in the NFL.
I really like the way Peppers and Avery are playing. Larry O. is becoming one of the best DTs in the league.
I am worried that Ward got another concussion. I am affraid he might not have a very long career. We need to draft another corner.
It was a fun game to watch. We guaranteed a winning record in our division. I love the way Chubb runs. He reminds me of Mike Pruitt. There is a lot to be excited about with the Browns.
It's been a long time.

Last edited by Glw12; 12/24/18 11:22 AM.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Get Over It, Snowflake. Lmao

"Snowflake ". That's funny stuff.

Does it ever Snow on our Isle? Lol

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 26 Bengals 18 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard