Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Legend
Legend
D
I like our chances too. For me, ending their season would make ours.

Dave #1572631 12/24/18 08:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: BADdog
We shut down Denvers run game

Yes, Cinci's too, but its more of a problem when the threat is a QB because when he drops back to pass, your DBs and LBs are in backpedal, and that's when things can open up wide for you to get gashed by QB runs with an athlete like Lamar Jackson. Maybe you put Randall or Peppers in a spy role to shadow Jackson - I don't know - but you have to prep and scheme differently for a guy with his abilities.

Keep Peppers spying on him all game.

Joe Thomas #73
Dave #1572648 12/24/18 09:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
I like our chances too. For me, ending their season would make ours.

On this we agree. thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

lol already knew what cowherd was gonna say. they see me rollin, they hatin'....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
our run game on D has been strange ... some games we look great, some games we got gashed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Seriously.

This guy is a legend in his own mind. So according to him he is the expert.

Like he knows. Guys like Coward I have never paid attention too. Know it alls who know very little.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Cowherd gonna eat those words.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hate to say it but the best (maybe only?) way to beat a running QB is to hurt them.

Not saying injure, but every time he crosses that line of scrimmage we need to put a helmet into his face. (or whatever is legal these days, they hit Baker helmet to helmet and said it was OK because he was a runner, if those rules only apply to Browns QBs, then hit him in the knees or whatever).

Just watched the Seahawks/Chiefs (Wilson/Mahomes) games and whenever there was no pass open they just ran for first downs. NFL is like flag football these days, if you have a fast running QB it's almost impossible to stop them more than 50% of the time. UNLESS you smack the QB hard enough that they hesitate the next time.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

lol already knew what cowherd was gonna say. they see me rollin, they hatin'....

Cowherd back pedalling a little on the the accuracy and "winning" ... Then trashing Baker because 'i was right' ... What a douche and what a rat !!! Laughable.

Someone questioned whether Rivers was or is a trash talker .... Cowherd does reference that.

Can't wait for the Browns and Baker to go deep into the playoffs and then hear how right Cowherd was .... He'll say Baker has matured just like he said he needed to !!!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Bottom line is, while it's too early to say with certainty .... Baker - at this time - looks far and away the best QB in this year's draft.

Pretty sure Cowherd claimed Baker was a mid to late round pick..... Funny how he didn't mention that 😆

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We finally have a franchise QB. I had my doubts about Baker but looks like Dorsey made the right choice.

Feels good to see the Browns at 500. Lets finish the season with a win and above 500. Will see what Dorsey does this off season to continue building the team.

I expect the Browns to make the playoffs next season. wouldn't it be great to have a playoff game at home? Heck, just making the playoffs would be nice.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree mg ... Baker, if the draft was done again today, would be the FAR AND AWAY first pick

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Haus #1572760 12/25/18 12:52 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Taylor is gone. He isn't going to sign for less money than Drew Stanton. Stanton is our back-up QB.

We will recycle that QB from last year, can't think of his name, or draft a QB with one of the 5th round picks and keep one of them as the 3rd QB.

Personally, my 3rd QB would be a guy with legs. I think you would have a better chance with a guy like that over some 3rd stringer dropping back and trying to get to the 3rd read.

If the 1st read isn't good, roll out, maybe get a 2nd read, then run the ball.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I bet we draft another QB in the late rounds

Legend
Legend

After it sunk in what Coward said the more I got pissed.

Look at I don't condone the staring thing Baker did. I do accept it.

At the same time this jerk is trying to slap a label on Baker to prove how smart he is. He doesn't know a thing about Baker. Then he takes cheap shots at Cleveland.

He proves how clueless he is because he doesn't even take the time to look at the numbers Baker is putting up. Nor does he look into Baker's background and try to define who he is. He just tries to brag about what he knows. When in reality he proves how little he knows.

We will see how he swallows when the stats hit the wall.

D
Legend
Legend
D
On the other hand, if Tyrod finds no market for a starting role (which is possible IMO), I'd be in favor of signing him at market value for a good backup for as long as Mayfield is in his first contract. Actually, Taylor matches up really well with your idea for having a one-read-and-run type as our back-up QB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Seriously.

This guy is a legend in his own mind. So according to him he is the expert.

Like he knows. Guys like Coward I have never paid attention too. Know it alls who know very little.

Cowherd said in 2013 that the Alabama dynasty was over and Gus Malzahn of Auburn was the better coach than Nick Saban.

Cowherd said in 2015 that Alabama would win 8 games at best. We won the national championship.

I could go on and on about his ridiculous ramblings.

Cowherd is and always will be trash.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Moxie.

That is a word I never figured I'd get a chance to use when talking about the Cleveland Browns. But, it is most certainly what this team has shown over the course of the season.

Mayfield brings his own type to the table on game day. The rest of the team is showing it as well. I'll admit, when I watched Hard Knocks, Gregg Williams was the guy that I liked the least, but it seems the team needed the most.

Williams is much more no nonsense and really seems to hold the players accountable. After Calloway was called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct (a BS call, I might add), he immediately pulled him from the game and he got an earful from his position coach. Hue would have patted him on the helmet and put him right back in.

There is really an incredible night and day different with this team from the time that Hue was asked to hit the bricks. The offense is fun to watch and the defense doesn't give up the one back-breaking play that we have grown accustomed to seeing.

I hope that they show up and show out in Baltimore. It would be awesome to see the season end on a high note, but they've accomplished way more than I thought they would this year. And, of course, all my Steeler friends have become Browns' fans for this week. It's the one reason I wouldn't totally care if we lost (Disclaimer: I still want the W).

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!!
I'm excited to see what next year holds...

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

After it sunk in what Coward said the more I got pissed.

Look at I don't condone the staring thing Baker did. I do accept it.

At the same time this jerk is trying to slap a label on Baker to prove how smart he is. He doesn't know a thing about Baker. Then he takes cheap shots at Cleveland.

He proves how clueless he is because he doesn't even take the time to look at the numbers Baker is putting up. Nor does he look into Baker's background and try to define who he is. He just tries to brag about what he knows. When in reality he proves how little he knows.

We will see how he swallows when the stats hit the wall.

Your first mistake is believing anything that Cowherd has to say is true. He is a media troll.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Cowherd lost what little credibility he had with that Mike Silver tweet. Weak attempt at being a troll.

Like I say about Skip, and Stephen A, and their shows, the same goes for him. There's a reason those guys are on in the middle of the day. They bring nothing to the table, and in turn, make ridiculous comments so people actually pay attention to them.

Looks like Cowherd is going to double down on Baker Mayfield though. Pretty bold move considering this kid is just getting his career started. Could be a whole lot of years of having it shoved in your face. Whatever keeps you employed, I guess.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Cowherd and Bayless are the nfl versions of Howard Stern .... nothing more than shock jocks saying outrageous crap just to get attention ...

Have never “followed” either and actually avoid them at all costs ...

There not INFORMATIVE or ENTERTAINING to me .. so need to even
pay attention to them ...

That might be a good thread ...

With sportscasters/writers u respect the most and why ...

Hmmmmm .... i wonder ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Peter king.... I Like him, I think he's well connected, I don't think he creates drama or hypes non stories, I tend to agree with 99% of his takes \perspectives.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree .. King is a solid man it seems

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E

Bengals got run over by a Baker....

http://www.cleveland19.com/2018/12/24/be...rowns-anthem-2/

(good job kids)

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
That. Is. AWESOME!!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Outstanding, EveDawg! Just great to see the Youth Movement being so solid. These kids will grow up with winners to remember. Thanks for posting this gem!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Bitonio on Baker's behavior at end of Bengal game:

Quote:
''If he talks a little bit more or has a little bit of swagger to him, that's what makes him special and we're going to roll with that,'' said guard Joel Bitonio. ''If he ever gets a penalty or something, then we can get after him a little bit, but right now he's our quarterback and that's what we got to roll with. ... It's something that I'm sure people are going to target him for.

''Hopefully it doesn't lead to a cheap shot or something like that.''

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Quote:
''If he talks a little bit more or has a little bit of swagger to him, that's what makes him special and we're going to roll with that,'' said guard Joel Bitonio. ''If he ever gets a penalty or something, then we can get after him a little bit, but right now he's our quarterback and that's what we got to roll with. ... It's something that I'm sure people are going to target him for.

thats my biggest and really only concern, that teams will start headhunting him.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Cowherd is a moron. He stated his position on Baker pre-draft and will do anything to substantiate that position. He was already called out by Baker himself for his editing work on the video clip that Cowherd tried to claim showed Baker not celebrating a score with his team. Just look at his past. I just wonder why very few of these sports "experts" choose to look at things from the other angle. That being the possibility that Hue, in his attempt to bail water from the sinking ship that was his career in Cleveland, further sabotaged the team and the players along the way.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Joe Schobert on Mayfield: “Obviously, as the quarterback of our team, we all love it. We love his competitive fire. He brings a lot of good stuff to the table.”

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
j/c:

Quote:

thats my biggest and really only concern, that teams will start headhunting him.

He’s a QB for the Cleveland Browns. Teams have been head hunting our QB’s for over a decade because the League lets them get away with it. Unless we’re expected to believe Harrison only cheap shotted Colt over a “ your momma” joke.

Besides, Baker has been respectful of other teams and players to date. I don’t see Hue commanding enough loyalty to inspire a Bengal to defend his honor anyway.

Last edited by DevilDawg2847; 12/27/18 11:34 AM.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I saw two things that Stood out to me....

1. "the look" (as it should be known in Cleveland from now on).

- I don't think its an opinion anymore that Baker really dislikes the bald one cl(H)ueless one. I also don't see Baker as a person that just randomly dislikes people, I believe he has good reason for it.

2. The "late hit" on baker. I never saw guys react faster to back up their boy on a late hit like that. I saw Jarvis stand up to a DLman for his QB. He would have got tossed with one arm and beaten like a rag doll if anything happened, but he didn't care and was not gonna let his QB go down like that. Loved it. Its just more proof to everything we heard about how guys gravitate toward Baker and will run through a brick wall for him. Shows you who the leader is on this team. Its bakers locker room fellas, get used to it to the guys that hate him.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The original comment came from Joel Bitonio. He is the starting LG on the Browns offensive line.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
j/c:

Quote:

Yeah, painting a giant target on your back isn't the smart thing to do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The original comment came from Joel Bitonio. He is the starting LG on the Browns offensive line.

Really? Bitonio already plays for the Browns? Dang, my next post was going to be “Bitonio, we gotta get this guy!”

Now let me introduce you to the Cleveland Browns. For over a decade opponents such as the Steelers ( they are another NFL team from Pittsburgh, which is in Pennsylvania, who is also in the same division as the Browns) have always targeted our QBs and largely been able to do it without consequence.

Baker Mayfield could be mute and they’d still try to take cheap shots. There is nothing he’s saying or doing that is inviting something that wouldnt already be attempted.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Be sure to take some tissues with you back to your safe space.

Out of curiosity how old are you?

I'm not sure if my answer should be:

1) Old enough to be your mother
or
2) Young enough to be cooler than you.

nice,if I may second that in song;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT74v1PcVjs

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Now let me introduce you to the Cleveland Browns. For over a decade opponents such as the Steelers ( they are another NFL team from Pittsburgh, which is in Pennsylvania, who is also in the same division as the Browns) have always targeted our QBs and largely been able to do it without consequence.

Baker Mayfield could be mute and they’d still try to take cheap shots. There is nothing he’s saying or doing that is inviting something that wouldnt already be attempted.

Of course .... i’ll let Joel know he’s just being a worry wart next time we talk ... NO WORRIES JOEL ... you haven’t been in the division as long as we have been WATCHING so the fact you’ve played against them twice a year for the last 4 or 5 years means nothing in this case .... u simply don’t really know what your talking about ... cause devil from the message board said so ... rolleyes ....

U sure did school Joel ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
I appreciate your sarcasm. However, I think a strong dose of maturity is in order. Teams don't like being shown up. Winning w/class might be nice, too.

I do want to add something else. Baker said:

Quote:
Football Is Not Meant to be a Soft Game

He's right. But, I don't believe "taunting" makes one tough.

I get playing w/an edge and a chip on your shoulder. I get playing w/passion and trying to rally the troops. I get the us against them attitude. But, the NFL game is played by men and coached by guys who have been around for awhile.

Baker needs to learn that "What comes around, goes around."

Legend
Legend
Has he taunted anyone other than Hue?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 26 Bengals 18 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard