Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Mexico should be sending the check any day, just wait for it

We knew it was a lie the first time he uttered it from his lying liehole. It was a lie every other time he and his sheep repeated it at his red hat rallies. Now his sheep are being held hostage with the rest of us until we all pay for it.
Stupid sheep. Thanks for the bill. Thanks for the shutdown. This is all on you.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Swish
screw that wall.

Open your mind man....you are painting yourself in to a corner.

They can use the money Obama made from "Cash for Clunkers".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Mexico should be sending the check any day, just wait for it

And you can keep your doctor too! thumbsup

What doctor, I have a physicians assistant.

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

I wonder what they call hating everything Obama and justifying everything Trump?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While the Donald is an unsavory character, who constantly lies and make stuff up. Even if Mexico doesn’t hand over a check…..you have to give it to the man, he is uncovering every stone trying to get the wall done. I can’t recall a president willing to take on this much heat to deliver on campaign promises. Like him or not, from that perspective he is going all out trying to make his campaign promises come true.

The wall was first, the paying for it was a nice ploy, everyone knew that was a reach but if he can get the wall and even get 1/3 recouped from Mexico. That’s a win and everyone wishes their president of choice (be it left or right) would go after campaign promises this hard. As much of a scumbag as he is, I have to respect him for that hustle.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG
you have to give it to the man, he is uncovering every stone trying to get the wall done.

I can’t recall a president willing to take on this much heat to deliver on campaign promises. Like him or not, from that perspective he is going all out trying to make his campaign promises come true.

This part is flat out not true. He's shutting the barn door after the horse bolted ..... if he wanted to get the wall done it should have been done while the GOP held the senate and the house ... it's that simple

Perhaps you take the scheming lying president at face value? Maybe you think that not having the Wall is a item of national security.... If so then see my comment in white above .... OR - maybe this is just another talking point for Trump who wants to create a fight with the Dems and wants to appeal to his base. Me - I think it's a contrived controversy over an item Trump thinks he can spin to his advantage to his base. Lastly ... if he actually wanted to get it done - then you have to compromise. End of story. And there is no compromise from the man, just scare tactics and sabre rattling.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You may very well be right, maybe he should have done this in the first 2 years. I can't imagine it's that easy, but I'm not an expert.

I'm not debating his tactics. It's as simple as, the man is doing everything he can to deliver the wall he promised. It doesn't have to be that complicated and you don't have to like how he's doing it. It's definitely not a matter of national security but as a negotiator I understand why he is pushing that, to get it done.

Here is where you lose me. Start a fight with the dems? Start? Come on man the dems have been fighting him at literally every step for 2 years. Most of the dem leaders have already voted for improved border control in the past. The entire democratic platform is an anti Trump platform right now, it has nothing to do with the wall (which most of them agreed we needed prior to Trump). This is a pissing match because they don't like him, it's absolutely not about compromise.

He said he would build a wall, he is trying to do that. If only all our politicians would at least try to keep their word. You can hate him or not like his tactics, his morals, fine. He said wall, he is trying.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He also said Repeal And Replace Obamacare in the first 100 days...

No Craps Given
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I'd argue that while he failed, he at least tried. Again, I'm not trying to defend his outlandish claims or failures. I'm pointing out that he has tried to make good on his campaign promises.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Whether I agree with his policies or not - he did at least try.

The Wall? Nahh - he didn't try to move it forward.

Now that he knows the Senate is NEVER going to give him money for the Wall .... now he's using it as a talking point and digging in and inventing a narrative to try to paint the Dems as bad. And some are falling for it - and some are such stooges it doesn't matter they will just go along coz it's Drumf

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
It's a shame the Dems don't care about border security or federal workers working without pay.

Are you ever going to hold him accountable for ANYTHING he says?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I read they have been playing uncensored rap music over the PA system at JFK airport.

I guess the TSA is protesting lol.

I would link articles, but profanity. You can google that.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
they were playing Travis Scott ft. Drake - sickomode.

that song really thumps if you have a nice system in the car. like the Jag!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Whether I agree with his policies or not - he did at least try.

The Wall? Nahh - he didn't try to move it forward.

Now that he knows the Senate is NEVER going to give him money for the Wall .... now he's using it as a talking point and digging in and inventing a narrative to try to paint the Dems as bad. And some are falling for it - and some are such stooges it doesn't matter they will just go along coz it's Drumf

All he tried with Obamacare was to repeal it, he never tried to replace it. that's why John McCain voted against the move.. McCain knew he lied

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
It would be great if this could be over with.

It is interfering with my travel plans and I dont want to stand in a security line for 4 hours.

Get off your high horse Trump.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
It may be a hassle with the delays and long security lines, but at least you get to listen to uncensored hip hop while they wand you and pat you down.

So there's that, I guess...

[shrugs]

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump announced there will be a statement tomorrow. Talking heads speculating that he will declare state of emergency and end shut down.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He better.

This is starting to get non funny.

I have to go to Cleveland.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In case the general populous, and or leaders of the free world didn’t know.

Your wall will never be built. If I have to tell you why, you’ve already lost the ideals of our founding fathers.

Direct shot at republicans and the south. You have been, and continue to be on the wrong side of history. Don’t exacerbate the problem

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Your wall will never be built. If I have to tell you why, you’ve already lost the ideals of our founding fathers.

Direct shot at republicans and the south. You have been, and continue to be on the wrong side of history. Don’t exacerbate the problem

Maybe you and OCD can join together and have your big dumb hick rally of two.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Maybe you and OCD can join together and have your big dumb hick rally of two.

Oh the hicks rally all the time.

Legend
Legend
he can declare a national emergency if he wants, but once they open pandora's box, don't complain when a dem does it as POTUS over issues like healthcare or gun violence.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quantum theory says,

There is a world we invest in transportation infrastructure, and renewable energy.

Listen up Ohio, you will have your recreational marijuana. Renewable energy will be an industry, Lake Erie provides much energy, it’s just gonna take about 5 years.

Practice patience

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Oh the hicks rally all the time.

Those are not rally's those are called Party's

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I got in line twice.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Every Ohioan that voted for Trump should be ashamed of themselves. Your values lie in antiquity, beyond statistical value.

Slavery, segregation, anthropogenic climate change. Guess what every, Ohioan that voted for trump, you wanna be wrong again? Education will always trump your ignorance.

Cincinatti, West Virginia, Toledo, backwoods Michigan. This is republican

When you say, The United States of America, remember, take my name out of your mouth.

America builds bridges, freedom. Your hate and fear have no place in my country.

O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

On eve of MLK Day, Pence says Trump is like Martin Luther King Jr. for ‘inspiring us’ with a border wall

DAVID EDWARDS
20 JAN 2019 AT 12:20 ET

n a Sunday interview with CBS News, Vice President Mike Pence likened President Donald Trump to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Pence complained during the Sunday interview with Margaret Brennan that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has said that Democrats will not fund Trump’s border wall even if the president agrees to reopen the government.

“So what the president has directed us to do is to reach out with rank-and-file Democrats in the House and in the Senate,” Pence explained. “What the president presented yesterday really is an effort to bring together ideas from both political parties. I think it is an act of statesmanship on the president’s part.”

According to Pence, Trump’s actions during the government shutdown could be compared with King, who America will celebrate during a day of remembrance on Monday.

“And honestly,” he opined, “the hearts and minds of the American people are thinking a lot today about [this] being the weekend we remember the life and work of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”

“One of my favorite quotes from Dr. King was, ‘Now is the time to make real the promises of Democracy,'” Pence continued. “You think of how he changed America, he inspired us to change through the legislative process, to become a more perfect union. That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on the Congress to do, come to the table in a spirit of good faith.”

Watch the video below from CBS.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/eve-mlk...us-border-wall/

Now Trump is equivalent to MLK? lmao You can't make this crap up. smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/21/19 10:11 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ann Coulter, Puppet Master:

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Mulvaney asked for a list in the last couple days of what programs will be impacted the most if the shutdown last until March or April

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...m=.3c3e5254ae6e

White House seeks list of programs that would be hurt if shutdown lasts into March

By Damian Paletta and
Juliet Eilperin January 23 at 4:59 PM
White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney has pressed agency leaders to provide him with a list of the highest-impact programs that will be jeopardized if the shutdown continues into March and April, people familiar with the directive said.

Mulvaney wants the list no later than Friday, these people said, and it’s the firmest evidence to date that the White House is preparing for a lengthy funding lapse that could have snowballing consequences for the economy and government services.

The request is the first known inquiry from a top White House official seeking information about the spreading impact of the shutdown, which has entered its fifth week and is the longest in U.S. history. So far, top White House officials have been particularly focused on lengthening wait times at airport security, but not the sprawling interruption of programs elsewhere in the government.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose Mulvaney’s demand.

The shutdown has already caused the federal government to stop paying 800,000 employees, but the impact is expected to become exponentially broader in the coming weeks. The federal court system is likely to halt major operations after February 1, and the Department of Agriculture does not have funding to pay food stamp benefits in March to roughly 40 million people.

The White House also faces a backlash from many federal workers, who face missing a second consecutive paycheck in the coming days. Some workers have balked at continuing without being paid, and their unions are filing legal action against the administration.

Furloughed federal employees and labor unions staged a sit-in on Capitol Hill on Jan. 23, as the shutdown enters month two. (Video: Luis Velarde , Rhonda Colvin/Photo: Salwan Georges/The Washington Post)

And there were new signs on Wednesday that federal agencies are still trying to comprehend the scope of their growing problems. The U.S. General Services Administration, an agency that manages many of the government’s leases and contracts, notified a number of departments that it doesn’t have a plan for how it can pay utility and lease payments in February if the shutdown persists. Many federal agencies lease space in commercial buildings around the country, and if the GSA can’t make rental payments it could incur major fees and other costs. This could also have a big impact on the property owners, which rely on large government payments for their income.

Meanwhile, the White House Office of Management and Budget has tried to take multiple steps to blunt the impact of the shutdown, and this week it sent guidance to agencies that would make it easier for some federal contractors to receive payments.

Senior OMB officials have tried to serve as a clearinghouse for agency leaders as they work to deal with the repurcussions of the shutdown, but Mulvaney’s direct involvement reflects how the White House is now attempting to understand the longer-term implications. A senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonimity to discuss the directive, said it was an attempt by Mulvaney to have agency leaders focused on the problems that will arise if Congress doesn’t pass a spending bill soon.

Last edited by northlima dawg; 01/23/19 09:09 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
No way the dems should cave, ever. This is 100% on Trump and McConnell right now, Nancy has handled it masterfully.

We don't negotiate with terrorist.

Legend
Legend
Trump just blinked first. Agreed to not give the SOTU address until the shutdown ends. Pelosi just dog walked his ass.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
Trump just blinked first. Agreed to not give the SOTU address until the shutdown ends. Pelosi just dog walked his ass.

Yeah but 30 dumbass dems wrote a letter to Pelosi last night calling for her to negotiate an end. Just as republicans watch Trump cave, horrible timing.

Legend
Legend
they should absolutely negotiate to reopen the government. that hasn't changed, nor should it.

but pelosi right now has a completely unified party behind her, and the gop keeps splintering. look at his twitter. he got walked so bad he had to change the topic. he's gone back to talking about cohen and North Korea.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Dems shouldn't give him a single red cent for a wall. I good with border security, they can give him all he wants for anything other than the wall.

Off topic, MSM is parading a steady stream of fed employees on TV crying that they are losing this and that after missing one check. smh, these are middle income jobs! How the hell can they not survive one check? I don't agree with them not being paid but some of these people need to skip a starbucks here and there.

O
Legend
Legend
O
As The Government Shutdown Drags On, Food Assistance For Millions Could Run Out

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gov...4b0b66936760e94

Wait until the MAGA crowd don't get their food stamps and welfare checks.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/24/19 11:34 AM.

Legend
Legend
a lot of the federal workers don't get paid great at all, even with the benefits. it just doesn't pay all that well.

ask anybody who's ever served, like YOU, how many broke soldiers there were, simply because it just doesn't pay all that great. now obviously soldiers are getting paid now, but i'm making the correlation of income.

and its hard not to sympathize with them when you got airheads like Laura Trump, Eric's wife who will never have to worry about getting paid because she's married into the 1 percent, telling these workers that they need to sacrifice.

thats straight up BS.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, I saw her.

Legend
Legend
and then this one:

Ross: 'I don't quite understand' why federal workers need food banks during shutdown

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/42674...od-banks-during

the rothschild banker wondering why the peasants need a food bank.

the republican party. smh.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump decides not to shut down the government

Link Copied to Clipboard