Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Squires
Originally Posted By: BpG
Obvious hyperbole but with Senator Warren also traveling this road, this is not going away. to an extent she is correct.

Running a business by a vote from people that have no understanding of how to run a business sounds like a terrible idea.

And yet running the government by electing a multiple bankrupted businessman who doesn’t know any aspect of government function is perfectly acceptable to you.

Either the standard is the standard, or you don’t have one to begin with.

Where did I elect bankrupt businessmen or say that was acceptable?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Bro everyone is well aware of the things you post here. You’ve shown more support for the president on his policies than not. don’t play stupid now.

The standard is the standard.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Bro everyone is well aware of the things you post here. You’ve shown more support for the president on his policies than not.

I have? I would love to see a link to those posts. Otherwise you're just making stuff up again.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
I don’t make things up. You can look up your own search history, as I’m not your maid.

I’m well aware of our own two interactions throughout my time posting. The fact that you have to resort to playing stupid instead of arguing why you’re for or against what I said is sad enough.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
But anyway, the overall issue is the hilarity that people seem to hold some junior rep to the same standard as the president, as I’ve previously stated before.

If you keep trashing AOC, but then refuse to say anything about trump, like squires repeatedly does, then it only shows your own hypocrisy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
But anyway, the overall issue is the hilarity that people seem to hold some junior rep to the same standard as the president, as I’ve previously stated before.

If you keep trashing AOC, but then refuse to say anything about trump, like squires repeatedly does, then it only shows your own hypocrisy.

For the life of me, I can’t understand the need to pretend “hey, this personable and relatable young woman is exactly like the sundowning rape ogre! Two sides of the same coin, really! I’m not afraid of her at all! I’m laughing at her, actually!”

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDF

For the life of me, I can’t understand the need to pretend “hey, this personable and relatable young woman is exactly like the sundowning rape ogre! Two sides of the same coin, really! I’m not afraid of her at all! I’m laughing at her, actually!”

People who compare AOC and Donald Trump are morons.

Them being popular, on Twitter, and responding directly to the press is not an apt comparison. These are broad interactions that anyone can do. It's like comparing the Browns to a peewee football team because they both play with 11 players at a time.

I put BpG on ignore because he's very hateful, but based on yours and Swish's post, I'm guessing he posted that negatively viewed piece by the failing National Review. Is that true?

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think deep down they’re embarrassed that they got taken by Trump, so to soften the blow, they’re looking to normalize him by comparing others to him.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
She also gets inordinate attention from two specific groups- FOX News Grandpas and Jordan Peterson dorks, which speaks to an underlying horniness.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
She also gets inordinate attention from two specific groups- FOX News Grandpas and Jordan Peterson dorks, which speaks to an underlying horniness.

That's gross and she is ugly. If people can't tell she is a nut just by watching her speak then shame on them.

The real evil in this country are the corporations that destroy free enterprise by the monopolies or near monopolies they create by using their large pool of resources to operate at a loss to destroy local and smaller businesses to get rid of the competition. When companies gained the same rights as humans it was the beginning of the end.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The real evil in this country are the corporations that destroy free enterprise

How does this relate to the thread subject at all?

I agree with you about the Citizens United ruling, but you should start your own thread about it, instead of sending the AOC thread off the rails.

Don't get on the playing field if you haven't taken the time to learn the rules of the game.

Damn, man wth?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I love that he opened with “that is gross and she is ugly”.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
She is young and by default better looking than 100% of the grandmothers in congress.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Running a business by a vote from people that have no understanding of how to run a business sounds like a terrible idea.

I agree, yet understand what's going on.

You see, when people work full time jobs and can't do anything but squeak by with no chance to get ahead, business has began to think in only one direction. A balance must be achieved. Since it seems business has no desire to correct itself, it's understandable that the population feels it has no choice but to do it for them.

Things are cyclical. These same conditions existed when unions were formed in the 1930's. As time went on unions became too powerful and actually hurt business to a degree that was harmful to commerce. They got away from why they were brought about in the first place. They overstepped their power and what they were designed to accomplish by asking far too much and offering little in return.

Their power became greatly diminished as a result. Now the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction once again. And as a result we'll see the same thing we did in the 30's when labor revolted and yet another correction will be made. It's an obvious consequence of giving either labor or business too much power in one direction.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Sounds like loving and glowing Christian conversation to me!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Sounds like loving and glowing Christian conversation to me!

It sounds like an eight year old child.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Fighting it will only slow the process. This is not going away.

Example:

I worked for a corporate retailer for 5 years. If you wish to you can decipher which with some research. The capital investment firm slowly over the years siphoned money out of the company rendering it not viable as a business. They gave us from the day (ish) before Thanksgiving to find new jobs, declared bankruptcy and gave us ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH severance. We were all done by Christmas.

A year later, a class action suit was settled, I got like $1,300 after taxes, that is a DROP IN THE BUCKET when compared my salary and years served. After this was settled, the news comes out that they are being sued for illegally siphoning money out of the company. Leaving those of us that got screwed.....still screwed. Now the bankruptcy firm is even going after those who received payments within 90 days of the bankruptcy. So not only did they siphon money out, the bankruptcy courts are going after the companies that did work for us EVEN IF they were stiffed on the bankruptcy. One vendor of mine got stiffed on 50k and they are asking him to repay 127k.....this is a 6 person company.

Something has to give, this crap happens way too often. One of my hopes going into the last election would be that if ANYONE knew the corruption of business practices and how to correct it would be Trump. At the very least it was worth the shot. He won't ever get to that point, constantly fighting with Democrats over bullcrap.

Anyway I've digressed, at the end of the day something needs to be done. Corporations are running this country, not the people, the average person are just looking to not get screwed. So at the end of the rant, Im back to where I started....this notion....not going away.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
One of my hopes going into the last election would be that if ANYONE knew the corruption of business practices and how to correct it would be Trump.

I’m sorry, but this is unreasonably funny.

“I wanted to end people mooching hamburgers, and my hope was if ANYONE knew how to stop it, it would be Wimpy”

P
Legend
Legend
P
We agree right up until the point you felt trump would be the person to fix it.

Knowing how to fix it? I'm not sure. But I think one has to realize that Trump doesn't come from, nor is experienced with corporate structure or how they operate. He ran a family owned and operated business of which he was in charge. What he said goes and as far as dealing with a corporate board or corporate structure, his experience is zero.

Trump has been involved in over 3,500 lawsuits. Many of which have been to fight paying his contractors.

I'm not sure what anyone saw in his past that would give them hope he could or would "fix it".

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
“I wanted to end people mooching hamburgers, and my hope was if ANYONE knew how to stop it, it would be Wimpy”

"too many notes, not enough music-"
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

You see, when people work full time jobs and can't do anything but squeak by with no chance to get ahead, business has began to think in only one direction. A balance must be achieved. Since it seems business has no desire to correct itself, it's understandable that the population feels it has no choice but to do it for them.

Things are cyclical. These same conditions existed when unions were formed in the 1930's. As time went on unions became too powerful and actually hurt business to a degree that was harmful to commerce. They got away from why they were brought about in the first place. They overstepped their power and what they were designed to accomplish by asking far too much and offering little in return.

Their power became greatly diminished as a result. Now the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction once again. And as a result we'll see the same thing we did in the 30's when labor revolted and yet another correction will be made. It's an obvious consequence of giving either labor or business too much power in one direction.
Your take on unions maybe the soundest take you have on any subject you have spoken about.

I am pro union, but not the unions we have today. They are nothing more than lobbyist and fee collectors that stuff their pockets, and have forgotten what it is that they were formed to do.

Good take.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
We agree right up until the point you felt trump would be the person to fix it.

Knowing how to fix it? I'm not sure. But I think one has to realize that Trump doesn't come from, nor is experienced with corporate structure or how they operate. He ran a family owned and operated business of which he was in charge. What he said goes and as far as dealing with a corporate board or corporate structure, his experience is zero.

Trump has been involved in over 3,500 lawsuits. Many of which have been to fight paying his contractors.

I'm not sure what anyone saw in his past that would give them hope he could or would "fix it".

The lawsuits, the notion that it takes a criminal to find one. Like Ted Bundy and the FBI....

Again when you're splitting hairs on turd sandwiches you have to take everything into account. What I meant by "If anyone" I meant of the choices we were given.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet you refuse to explain how someone in charge of a family business, that actually has skin in the game to keep things slanted in his favor, has the ability or motivation to fix this.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yet you refuse to explain how someone in charge of a family business, that actually has skin in the game to keep things slanted in his favor, has the ability or motivation to fix this.

Refuse? I think that is a poor choice of words. He said a number of times that he wanted to drain the swamp and end corruption. Not that I believed he would do it, but with absolute certainty I knew that Hilary would never.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think in all honesty you knew neither would do it. He's just the right's version of Kamala Harris. He threw out a bunch of hyperbole without saying anything or laying out a plan to accomplish it. When a man has made that much money gaming the system he claims he plans to change, follow the money. The math was basic.

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Refuse? I think that is a poor choice of words. He said a number of times that he wanted to drain the swamp and end corruption. Not that I believed he would do it, but with absolute certainty I knew that Hilary would never.

“When Pennywise the Clown told me he wouldn’t eat children, I took him at his word, and hoped he wouldn’t eat children”.

Honestly, I give you props for admitting it, because others don’t have the stones. But, Jesus, man...listen to yourself.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Undoubtedly the man didn't have any plans because he was too green, but that was part of the allure...an outsider....not the best outsider but an outsider none the less. Yes it was almost entirely Hyperbole but it wasn't the same old, worn out platitudes. I voted for him, but it wasn't like I was feeling great about it. I did follow the money, on both sides and there were two options....1. War overseas or 2. The corrupt businessman who said he wanted to change things.

There was on one hand a candidate where there was even the smallest hope that maybe he did love America and wanted to make the changes.

And in the other hand, none of that.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Undoubtedly the man didn't have any plans because he was too green, but that was part of the allure...an outsider....not the best outsider but an outsider none the less. Yes it was almost entirely Hyperbole but it wasn't the same old, worn out platitudes. I voted for him, but it wasn't like I was feeling great about it. I did follow the money, on both sides and there were two options....1. War overseas or 2. The corrupt businessman who said he wanted to change things.

There was on one hand a candidate where there was even the smallest hope that maybe he did love America and wanted to make the changes.

And in the other hand, none of that.

Really wordy way to say “I voted for the racist rape ogre”.

Just say “option B was Hillary”. You’ll embarrass yourself less.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now I'm getting confused in your message here. In an earlier post you stated this....

Quote:
One of my hopes going into the last election would be that if ANYONE knew the corruption of business practices and how to correct it would be Trump.

Then in your last post you stated this.....

Quote:
Undoubtedly the man didn't have any plans because he was too green

So I'm not sure what it is you are trying to say. You seemed to indicate that he had business experience that would help him to understand the system and how to fix it. Later you said he had no plan to do this because he was too green. Hopefully you can understand why this seems like a contradiction.

I'm also confused on why anyone thought that he loved America when he had spent years before he was even elected trying to divide it with lies.

He spent years trying to undermine the Obama presidency by saying he was a Muslim born in Kenya. He made outrageous claims that he saw thousands of people celebrating in New Jersey as the towers collapsed on 9/11.

The evidence was clear well before the election that this man was nothing more than hot air and lying was what he was known for. And dividing people against each other was his specialty.

There were two pieces of crap presented to the American people from each major party. The entire "Our piece of crap was better than your piece of crap" holds zero merit and IMO is nothing more than an excuse for a tremendous mistake made by people who supported either one of these fools.

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
“Too green” is hilarious and perfect.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
When referencing too green I am talking about the political aspect of changing policy and understanding how it works from the inside. I don't see how that could be construed as a contradiction.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for clarifying. It didn't read that way to me but it makes sense now. I still don't agree with it, but it makes sense.

smile

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
When referencing too green I am talking about the political aspect of changing policy and understanding how it works from the inside. I don't see how that could be construed as a contradiction.

“When I said ‘too green’, I didn’t mean that I actually thought a senile game show host was a viable option. Please stop making fun of me for that”.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
"the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house.”

Audre Lorde

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

If the population can force them to change, great. The job market is supply and demand, if people refuse to work for crappy companies, they'll have to pay more to attract workers. I know, easier said than done. Easier when a union is backing you. Even then, some companies just don't care. The amount of money Verizon spends to fight the union every 3 years baffles me.

I agree unions had a place, but they lost their way. If they make a comeback, they need to protect the productive workers, not the deadbeats. My sister is a store manager and the union won't let her fire someone who is constantly no call/no show for work. Stop protecting those folks and reward those that put in the effort. Unions have a place if they can do it right.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You made a point about unions that exemplifies exactly what I was talking about in regards to going too far.

But on another point we certainly disagree. At least according to statistics. As of now, unemployment is at its lowest level in 50 years. It had been trending that way for a very long time. At the very same time, minimum wage hasn't had a single increase on the federal level in a decade. If those unemployment rates aren't proof positive that supply and demand for workers doesn't drive wages, I'm not sure what can prove it to you.

It's easy to see that wages are being artificially kept down. While inflation as a whole has pretty much been kept in check, the things that people must have has gone through the roof. The main staples of life such as housing and food far outpace inflation rates.

While you're right that, "some companies just don't care", that's why people are beginning to advocate political candidates that are willing to enact policies that force companies not to pay starvation wages. I'm not happy that business isn't willing to police itself into paying better wages. But people are becoming sick of it. It's also why average wage workers look at things from the rich verses poor perspective. Business is causing these things, not the people.

Those who cry foul and socialism every time something like that happens, I think they need to actually look at the source of the problem rather than cry foul at those looking for the solution.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If a company has full time employees on government assistance, of any kind (short of disabilities and such), they should be taxed at a higher rate. Period. No company should be getting tax breaks, while earning record profits, while requiring their employees to be tax payer subsidized.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
And people wonder why some of us use the term corporate welfare.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It's easy to see that wages are being artificially kept down.

How?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
The minimum wage hasn't increased in a decade while food and housing costs have soared. We both know that minimum wage has a direct impact on wages above it. Corporations have openly spent millions upon millions to fight unions from entering the work place. Wages have been basically flat for the middle class while unemployment is at a 50 year low and were trending in that direction for a long time.

The common theory has been supply and demand controls wages. Yet unemployment is at a 50 year low and those wages are not trending upwards. So obviously it's not a supply and demand issue which has been the story predicated upon us.

We live in a nation that permits corporations to pay wages so low that the taxpayer has to subsidize their workers with food stamps and medical insurance. All paid for by people like yourself. Surely you can see how subsidizing corporations employees through taxpayer dollars while they make billions in profits is a problem.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is embarrassing.

Link Copied to Clipboard