Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I figured....all's cool my friend.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Niolen
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Alright, I will try. I'll start small and see if anyone wants to discuss the real talking points. I'll add more if others want to discuss the the article and some of the key points. I will bow out if the beat-to-death Sashi/Hue argument continues to be the point of emphasis.

A few talking points might be:

--I think this is a legitimate article. I think the author was much more fair and did a lot more work than the typical journalists that pop off tweets that are based on innuendo, hearsay, speculation, and drawing attention to themselves.

--I believe that while the author did get his information from sources who are w/the Browns or were once part of the organization, we still have to take notice of who those sources might have been and how their comments might be slanted due to their loyalties. I think this is important.

--One could argue that Haslam did not intentionally create the environment that helped to breed an atmosphere of tension and dissension, but it's pretty clear that that is exactly what occurred with every single regime change. I think this is a very important talking point.

--Related to the above comment, I get the comments of people like bonefish, Mourg, Diam, etc who say that this is a different regime and things are looking up under Dorsey's direction. However, what happens if the team does not meet the lofty expectations of the club, the fans, and the media next year? Will the coaching staff's lack of experience in their current roles be easy targets? Will Kitchen's appearance and delivery be ridiculed? Will the analytic guys who didn't agree w/Dorsey's choice of coach make waves in the building? And the biggest question is what will Haslam do if the these things occur? Will he continue to defer to Dorsey, or will others in the building get in his ear and affect his judgement? I am of the opinion that Haslam is the elephant in the room. That concern is tremendously amplified due to the fact that he is the owner of the team and has a history of creating divisiveness and dissension in the complex in Berea.

Anyone care to converse about any of those talking points?

This is my concern.

We can assume he’s forever changed, resigned himself to a Lerner-esque role, and that our competent front office controls the operation of the Cleveland Browns, but it’s still an assumption. It is an assumption that is currently supported by some evidence (changing reporting structure, stepping away from the spotlight), but it is also evidence from the brightest period of his ownership tenure.

What does long-term success look like for Haslam, though? What happens when the current regime hits a roadblock?

For example, Dorsey spent 22 years in the personnel department of the Green Bay Packers, which operated as one of the model NFL franchises. During that time, he had two Hall of Fame quarterbacks and worked alongside some all-star talent evaluators. Still, they missed the playoffs seven times. In fact, they had two-year postseason droughts on three separate occasions. And they lost their first playoff game five more times.

How will Haslam react once he’s had a taste of success? Will it reinforce his restraint, or will his more controlling instincts come to the fore?

We just don’t know.

And we won’t know until it happens.

But I think it’s a fair cause for concern.

Before I respond to your post, I want to remind posters that both Sashi and Hue were fired and they aren't coming back. I also don't think anyone is going to change their mind on things that have been posted thousands of times. That number is not a hyperbole. Meanwhile, Haslam still owns the team and the article contained a lot of information to ponder if one wants to take his mind off the same old tired-ass agenda line of thinking.

Niolen, you brought up something I really didn't consider. I have been worried about what will Haslam do if the team is not meeting the lofty expectations that many have for next season. However, you brought up a similar question of how will he react if the team has some success. Will it reinforce his recent restraints or will he resort to past practices?

I think this is the interesting conversation and the Sashi/Hue crap is lame. Both guys are gone and are unemployed. Stop thumping your chests and put the millimeter tape measures away.

I have two questions for the board.

1. How confident are you that Haslam is going to stay out of the way if the team struggles next year?

2. How confident are you that he will stay out of the way if the team has some success and we start getting a lot of attention?

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I don't consider Haslam in that sense, so I am not all that worried about it.

That's to say, why worry about it now?

My question is, what can we do to change it? The answer is nothing.

I can't buy the team from them and run it my way, so questioning their way is moot.

Sure, we can give up our seats, then 10 others will step in to buy them. Me.....I will keep mine until I die.

I am a PROUD season ticket holder. I don't bail on my team because they aren't winning.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Why worry about it now?

Why worry about Sashi and Hue now? LMAO They're gone.

I guess it is okay to talk about guys who are gone, but not about a guy who is still here. This board never ceases to amaze me.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I don't worry about them.

I agree, they are gone.

Why still worry about it?

Time to move on my man and renew a friendship.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
three thoughts. First I think Dorsey walked back that statement a little later. I do not have a citation for that but that is my memory. Second, I think it is perfectly reasonable to say John Dorsey has done a great job!! He is the guy that is making us a force again. I think it is also perfectly reasonable to say sashi did not do that terrible a job of player acquisition. Toad all the turnover, I think 10 of our 22 starters were acquired or resigned by sashi and I will be shocked if next season 9 of those 10 are still starting.

For those who think you have to love one and hate the other I just do not buy it.

I'm not sure about what is being said about Toad or the 9 out of 10 not being starters next year, but I agree otherwise.

And I don't really see any Sashi lovers and Dorsey haters, it's more of the other way around.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think anyone is really worried about it, I just think some wanted to point out the hypocrisy of some of the arguments made around here.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think we’ll be fine either way ... why u may ask ,,, *L* ...

As u well know i am no fan of the thief as a human being or an owner .. he’s been the WORST OWNER in the history of sports ... the record over the last 3 years SEALED IT for now .. and its not like the first 3 or 4 years of his produced anything but UTTER CRAP on the field or in the win column ...i’m not gonna re-hash the whole thing ...

I firmly believe when he hired Sashi and Hue and gave them 5 years he was going to stick to it ... PERIOD ... i don’t think they could have produced bad enough results to get fired before year 5 was over .. IMO he had BOXED HIMSELF IN TO THAT ... he had went through Coaching staffs and FO’s like toilet paper ... Chud/Banner lasted a year ... Pett/Farmer lasted two ... in his first 3 years he had hired and fired two coaches and 2 FO’s ... i give him a pass on Shurmer as he was a holdover ..

MAYBE .... JUST MAYBE they could have got fired after 4 years .. but IMO he had to give them that time ... like i said .. i think he BOXED HIMSELF IN and he would have never been able to hire another HC ... plus i think the egotistical jackass thought he was going to change the NFL and prove he was the smartest owner ever by revolutionizing football and doing it with analytics and non football people ...

I think the bye week witch i now dub the DEBACLE AT THE FACTORY OF SADNESS forced him too fire at least one of them .. Hue left him no choice (not a shot at Hue .. IT WAS DOOMED TO FAIL .. how could it not ... Sashi BROUGHT ZERO CRED TO THE JOB and having TRUST in your GM is huge ... that failing was a NO-BRAINER ... Sashi was and still is the DUMBEST HIRE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS IMO)

I think Hue kept his job cause the thief didn’t want to fire both of them ...

For that reason ... and the fact DORSEY HAS EARNED HIS TRUST ...

I think Freddie and his staff will get a FAIR SHOT and the thief will stay the hell out of the way .. LIKE HE SHOULD ...

It was very telling IMO when he wasn’t on the stage when Freddie was announced at HC .. i also think the fact he’s finally used a COMMON SENSE ORG. CHART and has Freddie reporting to King John is another sign ...

I could be way off base ... wouldn’t be the first time ... BUT I FEEL PRETY GOOD ABOUT THAT ...

Thats my story and i’m sticking to it ... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Happy Hue Jackson Day, Diam! Cheers mate! grin

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Baker was asked if he'd read the ESPN article during his Super Bowl rounds. He said "No," he heard it was a long read (lol), and it's all in the past...he was just concentrating on the future.

Love this kid.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Why worry about it now?

Why worry about Sashi and Hue now? LMAO They're gone.

I guess it is okay to talk about guys who are gone, but not about a guy who is still here. This board never ceases to amaze me.

If YOU would stop bringing up Sashi's name going forward, that would represent a 75+% decrease in the number of times his name is brought up...maybe 90+%.

Just post your thoughts...stop with the preambles...it looks like posturing and agenda. Make your point and move on.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude, shut up. I wasn't even posting on this thread and it was all about Hue and Sashi.

Btw--I won't respond to anything else you say, so have at it.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 02/01/19 07:33 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I think Freddie and his staff will get a FAIR SHOT and the thief will stay the hell out of the way .. LIKE HE SHOULD ...

It was very telling IMO when he wasn’t on the stage when Freddie was announced at HC .. i also think the fact he’s finally used a COMMON SENSE ORG. CHART and has Freddie reporting to King John is another sign ...

I could be way off base ... wouldn’t be the first time ... BUT I FEEL PRETY GOOD ABOUT THAT ...

Those are two very good points and I was happy when I read about them. It's a very positive sign. And you very well could be right that he will stay out of the way.

However, I can't help this gnawing feeling that Haslam will forcefully reinsert himself should the team not live up to the lofty expectations that so many have for them.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Haslam is going to be right there if we start the season 0-1. He's not going anywhere. Browns fans should be terrified. Some of us hold out hope that things will be ok now, but you have to wonder....

I understand some think we are still a year away, but we are in win now mode. It's a very exciting time. Probably a tune for another thread but I'm excited to have 3 or 4 primetime games and to see where they fall and against whom.

Browns have one of the league's easiest schedules for 2019. Barring major injury, if we do not make the playoffs we should all be very worried.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the point about the schedule is a good one. It appears to be very favorable. I'm praying that the stars are finally aligned for the Browns. I'm running out of time.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I just saw a graphic yesterday that Goff has reached the super bowl quicker than any other QB selected with the #1 overall pick. I say let's break that record next year and shock the world.

But that might just be me drunk. On the Isle. Ive been recruited as a bartender on the isle.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
But that might just be me drunk. On the Isle. Ive been recruited as a bartender on the isle.

I'm hoping I'll need the help this upcoming season!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Those are two very good points and I was happy when I read about them. It's a very positive sign. And you very well could be right that he will stay out of the way.

However, I can't help this gnawing feeling that Haslam will forcefully reinsert himself should the team not live up to the lofty expectations that so many have for them.

This might just be blind optimism/hope talking... but I've decided that Haslam has learned his lesson. I think something really has to blow up (something along the lines of a suspension/fine for a GM texting a coach on the sidelines during a game) in order for Haslam to feel like he has to insert himself again.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

our team didn't get more talent after the Pittsburgh game. It didn't. WE got rid of hue, and we started winning football games.

IF that doesn't stand out to some of you, then IDK what else will.

You cant say hue didn't have any talent, because he had the same team that Gregg and Freddie had. one set of coaches won games, one did not. plain and simple. Hue is gone, sashi is gone.

But I do know that Sashi is not credited with yesterday, happy post Hue Jackson day - 1-31

Freddie is our coach now, and I am thrilled.

Baker is our QB and I am thrilled.

Haslam seems to have learn to let others lead.

Its a new day

Last edited by willitevachange; 02/01/19 10:22 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think Haslam's decision to keep Hue to keep Continuity is proof of the pudding so to say. He is committed now as he had most of the say in these hires to commit to continuity. 1-31 and he kept the HC safe.

Yes the possibility of not living up to expectations is possible and losing does bring a demeanor to an organization. Will we go scrambling - not the first year but if Kitchens produces just 4 win seasons for TWO seasons I can see the unrest as a possibility or more so a probability. But quite frankly I think that is only possible if Baker gets hurt. But still we are close to having a dominating defense that can change a lot of things.

So I think it is Obvious Haslam is more apt now to stay on course then to react quickly and OVER REACT...My goodness if keeping Hue on board after 1-31 doesn't say something. Not saying he was correct in doing so...but that should prove that this is not the search finding Haslam of his first couple of years.

He inherited Holmgren, He then had some serious PILOT issues that he personally had to attend to. So he put all under the wing of BANNER, when he came back he saw a lot of POWER stuff going on I think Banner even tried to garnish more power than Haslam himself. Well it seemed to me when Haslam came back from his Pilot stuff, he had no need for Banner and it was not working so he cleared house again. Farmer was a mess in the Personnel department, supposedly not the one who picked certain players but still when he said he was taking over it didn't get that much better, a little but not much. Enter Sashi and Hue. They decided to totally dismantle the Browns like no other team ever did before. But Haslam knew about it and understood that is why he wanted to continue with HUE, I thought that was a very good decision and was proud of Haslam. I do think Hue started to lose the team as we continued to lose games...oh so close but lose never the less. Hue also was not Dorsey's guy, he didn't cause trouble or have power moves with Hue but I don't think he ever believed in Hue on being a Super Star HC to carry this team out of the bowels of mediocrity.

So the Football guy with great success and experience as a GM the first one WE EVER HAD, Is finishing the build up as he did over do the FO and Personnel staff. Now he is or has picked his choice to make this all happen. Keep in mind it also was the first time that the Browns were the most attractive coaching situation. So much so that we had our pick of HC rather than going with 2nd or 3rd choice.

Jmho I think I left out the Pettine era but that was a choice that was I think our 5th or something and sadly it was never there to succeed.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
I think Haslam's decision to keep Hue to keep Continuity is proof of the pudding so to say. He is committed now as he had most of the say in these hires to commit to continuity. 1-31 and he kept the HC safe.

This is actually a very good point... There is hope.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Also...

I wonder if the Pilot stuff, as you say, led him to be more hands on here? It was said when he started he was only here once a week or so... Perhaps he started to worry about the Pilot stuff and tried to distance himself and wanted to desperately turn this team around so that it would "look good" on him. Thus thrusting himself into the daily operations and meddling as he has...

Just a thought...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Also...

I wonder if the Pilot stuff, as you say, led him to be more hands on here? It was said when he started he was only here once a week or so... Perhaps he started to worry about the Pilot stuff and tried to distance himself and wanted to desperately turn this team around so that it would "look good" on him. Thus thrusting himself into the daily operations and meddling as he has...

Just a thought...

He could not spend the time that he wanted that is why he gave all the power to Banner there was actual confusion with people thinking that Banner was a part owner (I think 5% was mentioned) cause he has so much power. It was because Haslam had to fight for his family business first and foremost. So he left it up to Banner. Yes, when that was basically over, he wanted control back, I think there was some hesitation from Banner on that and I think because of the record, Haslam thought nothing of getting rid of them all and start over. Its a shame that we had some pretty good coaches with us at the time. Not much talent cause we were still missing on almost all our moves for talent.

But Haslam just said get rid of them...of course Banner stayed but when we couldn't get our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice of HC, Haslam was - why do I even need Banner. And he got rid of him and his side kick Lombardi as well. Petine was the HC but being like the 5th choice he was destined to be just a temp.

I don't blame Haslam too much I know he said we have to become an organization that was stable and with continuity (Like the Steelers) but just because it was not the right group, and because of our reputation as an organization. We couldn't get the right combo. Dorsey was the first Football guy that we got here unless anyone wishes to claim Holmgren was the first, he actually came here with the reputation but he seemed to be on a vacation and didn't care about the Browns. Or he was just plain old INCOMPETENT.

But Dorsey was the first. Not Clark, not Nobody under Butch, Savage had Personnel background but not GM experience.
Not Kokinos who never got off the ground and was fired mid season in his first year, poor Mangini.
I thought Heckert was the first who actually resembled a GM but there was never a proper organization established cause he had a Czar ahead of him. Lombardi and then Farmer Lombardi was just a yes guy for BB. But Lombardi didn't have any control anyways because of BANNER. We had a repeating condition here. Who was in charge??? If there wasn't there was a fight for Power, If there was it wasn't the GM but an Overlord,

I think Sashi was the first with complete control...he just didn't have the experience but he did a good job in the decision to make this team great once more and then we got Dorsey the first and only GM that has the control and has the experience to run a team run the personnel department. I knew he was the guy when he decided to keep on DePodesta and ustilize analytics as a tool as even though he was OLD SCHOOL he also was smart enough to know there are some knew things to take advantage of and why not have the BEST at it. To me that told me a lot about Dorsey and his Goal and not EGO was running the show. He inherited Hue, when the owner wanted continuity Dorsey didn't hesitate he said ok lets go with it. After getting a hands on feel on what Hue was bringing to the table and the continuation of losses - he knew Hue was not the one and made his decision. If he did not do the Interim thing he still would have fired Hue. But he would not have even known who Kitchens was as and we would be not taking the route that we are going with now. So good things I think is happening to Dorsey or he is just that good at his job. Doing the right thing at the right time.

I'm of course Optimistic with Kitchens. We have a very good staff on this team. Got some important pieces, now get the rest and there still is continuity on this team so that we will not have too much transition. Defense always transitions fast. Hopefully the Offense can win some games in the beginning. But once the D kicks in we should do well.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Right. I was thinking more along the lines of the Pilot/Flying J stuff is still unresolved.

I actually liked Mangini and I think he was one who had a lot of control when he was here. But he needed help and hired Kokinis. Kokinis was hired after the draft I believe... it's been a while.

Anyway, here's an interesting read about Kokinis and Dorsey that I found...

Article

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I encourage to revisit the original article because some things are being twisted.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c:

I encourage to revisit the original article because some things are being twisted.

I encourage you to quit telling people what to do or post and say what you have to say. It's a message board...not an 8th grade cheerleader tryout.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the Haslam's are learning. They've made mistakes, but they've been different mistakes for the most part rather than the same one over and over again. They've tried different things with the HC (OC vs DC). They've tried different kinds of GMs ("football" vs "cap" guy). Hopefully they've figured out that they need all of it, but the most important part is everybody being on the same page and working together.

Let people do what they are good at. If you hire a guy to add talent to the team, actually let him pick the players. Don't blame people for problems, work together to fix them. I'm definitely sick of the blame game.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Freddie seems to be a good consensus builder. Dorsey seems to be a good evaluator. Haslam seems to have let/be letting Dorsey pick the players without interjecting. He has been good about upgrading the facilities. I'm hoping they can all keep their egos to the side and work together- deferring to expertise, but not disregarding others' input. Haslam and Dorsey both strike me as people who don't like to compromise/once they decide on something no one will talk them out of it. Hopefully they can all work well together before they make their minds up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I like your post and it is very reasonable. I do disagree w/the point about the Haslams not making the same mistakes over and over again.

I said Haslams because you did, but I don't blame Dee. She seems more level-headed and rational than Jimmy does. I think Jimmy has repeated the same mistakes over and over.

I think the article made the quite clear. He creates an atmosphere [albeit not intentionally] that pits people against one another. The one constant is that each regime has been dysfunctional and I believe that Jimmy is at the center of that.

I'm not arguing w/you. Just conversing. Trying to move past the crap that WSU is trying to create.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'm not arguing w/you. Just conversing. Trying to move past the crap that WSU is trying to create.

My goodness...just say what you have to say and leave the drama out of it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like your post and it is very reasonable. I do disagree w/the point about the Haslams not making the same mistakes over and over again.

I said Haslams because you did, but I don't blame Dee. She seems more level-headed and rational than Jimmy does. I think Jimmy has repeated the same mistakes over and over.

I think the article made the quite clear. He creates an atmosphere [albeit not intentionally] that pits people against one another. The one constant is that each regime has been dysfunctional and I believe that Jimmy is at the center of that.

We're good.

The same underlying mistake perhaps, but in his mind at least I think he's trying not to repeat the same mistakes. Hopefully he caught the underlying issue this time, and it's the one that is being corrected. ...One of the ones... Early indications seem encouraging.

As far as Dee, I get the sense that she points and Jimmy acts. Could just be her TV background. I imagine her directing the scene. Maybe it's just because Jimmy seems like a caricature/he's over-acting at times. I don't know the exact dynamic.

But, she's involved enough that she gets to share the "credit." It's all guesswork on my part on how much either of them are involved behind the scenes. She's mentioned here and there in articles as being "more involved." What that "more" is comparing hasn't been made clear to me.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
We are both speculating, but I think your take is sound. Hopefully, other members of the board will add to what we're talking about.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Hopefully he caught the underlying issue this time, and it's the one that is being corrected. ...

IMO, the core issue was the reporting structure. Analogous to a pair of magnets: when put together incorrectly, they repel, but when done properly, they attract and come together as one...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
to answer your question, versatile, this is how I think it will play out. I think Jimmie h is a very smart guy. He is a driven type a personality who has been very successful along the way by being a highly involved micromanager. it has worked for him ......until now. I think he came in as owner and began to employ the same tactics that worked for him in the business world and nothing worked for him.

Jimmie was impatient for positive results so if he did not get quick results he swooped in and made changes. He hired coaches and fired coaches. He hired gms and fired gms. He hired team presidents and fired team presidents. and yet the losing continued. He got so frustrated that he went with a radically different concept with sashi and depo. IMO they were instructed to tear it down and then build it back up.

what Jimmie did was radically different. We are starting to see the fruits of it but they never envisioned 1-31. Never. So once again he jumped in and made changes. Finally the football gods smiled upon us and we got Dorsey and a slew of other quality football guys and we saw some success fairly quickly.

I guess that was a lot of talk leading to this. If we continue to progress Jimmie will sit back and enjoy the ride, with a big smile on his face. side thought. I can remember early on in jimmies time here the camera going to him in the owner’s box as we blew or lost another game. The anger and frustration were visible in his face and body language. He wants to be smiling and laughing after games and if Dorsey gives him that he can write his own check.

If things go south early on i think Jimmie will give Dorsey way more time than previous guys just because we have enough parts in place to always be respectable. we won’t be 1-31, we will be competitive so Dorsey will be given time.

I know he gets lots of grief but I love having Jimmie as our owner. I want my owner to live and die with the browns on the field. I like that he is angry when we lose. Jimmie made a lot of mistakes but they were errors of caring too much. I am ok with that but I am glad that he seems to have made a good call with our gm and happier days are coming.

Sorry for the length of the response.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I share the same sentiments about Jimmy. He's no dummy. I think he is hell-bent on doing things his way until someone PROVES to him that there is a better way. How many people - me included - act the same way?

Every team in the NFL for every season since Jimmy bought the Browns has failed to reach their ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl except for the Ravens, Patriots, Broncos & Eagles. Our failures have certainly been more excruciating and soul-crushing than pretty much every other failing team...but there is reason to believe that we are on the right track and will go that route for awhile and see how it works out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c:

I encourage you to quit telling people what to do or post and say what you have to say. It's a message board...not an 8th grade cheerleader tryout.

Yeah, encouraging people to do something is telling them what to do.

notallthere

I hope I said what I had to say clearly enough to meet your requirements.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Just curious ... how does building a TRUCK STOP business in any way qualify u too be INVOVLED IN FOOTBALL DECISIONS ... rhe BEST OWNERS .. the ones that CONSITENTLY WIN are the ones that hire here football people and let them do THEIR JOBS ..

The thief is a smart man .. hell he got away with STEALING MILLIONS over many years from truck stop owners all over whatever parts of the country he operated in . No dummy gets away with that ...

BUT IF HE WAS SO SMART ... why would he not look at the ORG.S THAT WIN AND SEE HOW THEY DO IT ... crap .. to this day i wonder what the hell he learned from Pit ... IT CERTAINLY WASN’T TO KNOW HIS PLACE ..

WE STUNK CAUSE he made HORRIFICK HIRES ... then he tried to prove how smart he was and CHANGE HOW FOOTBALL TEAMS ARE OPERATED by hiring a LAWYER with ZERO FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE to be in charge of the ROSTER and aquiring talent ..

How is that smart bro? .. ITS ASSININE ...

Let’s see .. here’s how all the WINNING ORG’S DO IT ... but u know what .. I’M SMARTER THAN THEM cause i know the truck stop business like the back of my hand .

Your “LOGIC” here is SEVERLY FLAWED ...

U guys can spin it any way u want .. we just came off the WORST 3 YEAR RUN IN SPORTS HISTORY and what did we lose to close the season before that one .. OUR LAST 6, 7 OR 8!!!!!

He SUCKED ... WORST OWNER IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS and u guys are gonna tell me he had a CLUE... gimme a break ... he is SMART but it appears he has no COMMON or at least BUSINESS SENSE when it comes to football ..

The STARS ALIGNED for this bafoon and were all the benificaries of it ..

U look in the dictionary under the phrase ... I’d rather be luck than good ... and his is the very first picture in that definition ... thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Just curious ... how does building a TRUCK STOP business in any way qualify u too be INVOVLED IN FOOTBALL DECISIONS ... rhe BEST OWNERS .. the ones that CONSITENTLY WIN are the ones that hire here football people and let them do THEIR JOBS ..

You would think that having been a minority owner of the Steelers and watching the Rooneys he would know that.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Marketing a product that you're already being supplied with has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with building a winning product. In his opening presser he mentioned marketing several times, but not team building. Why? Because marketing is what he had done.

I've said this from the very beginning.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
What DOES qualify a person to own a NFL team other than having a crap-ton of money? He had some small ownership of the Steelers and is worth billions of dollars. If that doesn't "qualify" a guy, I don't know what does.

However, just because he qualified, that doesn't guarantee that he knows what to do once he's the owner.

You can't blast him for the past years of poor decisions without giving him credit on hiring Dorsey and canning Hue. He's trending up...in a world of "What have you done for me lately?" there is reason for optimism.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Interesting take from ESPN on Haslam and the coaching search

Link Copied to Clipboard