~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
I guess someone was going to sign him and we do need a backup. Plus, if Tyreke Hill can play in the NFL and be cheered, Kareem deserves a chance too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Umm .... definitely a RB upgrade over anyone on our roster except for Nick Chubb. However, he also appears to be a real piece of crap as a human being.

I hope that Dorsey knows what he's doing in this case. He's definitely huge talent though. I have to admit that my mind goes crazy thinking about 3 WR along with Chubb and Hunt .........

We'll see.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Been saying this for years, I want to win not sign choir boys. Pretty pumped tbh

Legend
Legend
Duke must be asking where he fits in all this, but who knows if Kareem sticks.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1yr, 1million.

Plus he is an RFA, if he plays well maybe land a draft pick.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I enjoyed ripping on Joe Mixon while it lasted.

Not nearly as thrilled about adding such a talent as I want to be. Not the best look for us.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: BpG
Been saying this for years, I want to win not sign choir boys.

Makes sense if it were impossible to do both.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

My thoughts exactly. Hunt's personal stuff aside, he adds real firepower to this team. How does Duke keep his job if Hunt can be on the field?

And will Hunt "play nice" with Chubb as our number 1 back?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Umm .... definitely a RB upgrade over anyone on our roster except for Nick Chubb. However, he also appears to be a real piece of crap as a human being.

I hope that Dorsey knows what he's doing in this case. He's definitely huge talent though. I have to admit that my mind goes crazy thinking about 3 WR along with Chubb and Hunt .........

We'll see.

Piece of crap, huh? The media didn't influence ur opinion by any chance, did they?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I actually have been expecting this.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: BrownMoose

We'll see.

Piece of crap, huh? The media didn't influence ur opinion by any chance, did they?

You think the Chiefs were influenced by the media?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

We'll see.

You think the Chiefs were influenced by the media?

He lied to the Chiefs about the incident and they cut him for it.

#gmstrong
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
I actually have been expecting this.

Same. Besides the obvious ties to Dorsey, he's also a local kid and grew up as a fan of the team.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He’s definitely not a role model. Cannot and will not make any excuses for hitting a woman. He is definitely a piece of crap in that instance, but everyone makes mistakes.

And he is a good player, very good. Probably and likely a little over rated in Andy Reids system but 1yr, 1 mil? Seems like a deal to me.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Ugh...

We sign a homophobe to coach special teams, and now we sign someone who throws women around as a RB?

This team is getting hard to root for.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

You did see the video where he tossed a woman around, right?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Been saying this for years, I want to win not sign choir boys. Pretty pumped tbh

Pumped here as well.

There's folks doing years in prison walking around the streets these days. In his hometown? He'll be under a big microscope. Imo better chance of "the straight and narrow" here than anywhere else.

Gotta give the kid a chance.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I want to win as bad as the next guy and Hunt is a great talent, but wow, beating women is not good, I was raised to NEVER hit a woman, if they get you that angry walk away, I don't know how to feel about this, we all deserve a second chance and God tells us we must forgive so I will do that and accept him as a Brown and pray he will change his personal ways and help lead us to a Super Bowl, and I don't care how good he is Chubb will be a better 20-30 carry a game back IMO ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 02/11/19 03:23 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He’s definitely not a role model. Cannot and will not make any excuses for hitting a woman. He is definitely a piece of crap in that instance, but everyone makes mistakes.

And he is a good player, very good. Probably and likely a little over rated in Andy Reids system but 1yr, 1 mil? Seems like a deal to me.

It's not a mistake to attack a woman, it's a character flaw.

We have no idea how many games he will be suspended for. He could be out all next year... Or at least a good bit of it. I don't like this but it's not a surprise. He better get and keep his **** together. Guess I can't bitch about the Squealers having a sexual predator at QB any longer...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Hunt will probably be suspended for much of the year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend

We'll see.

Seeing him shoving and kicking a pregnant woman did it. Hopefully he gets himself straightened out, and learns to respect women.

I just hear an opinion that with Chubb, Johnson, and Hunt, the Browns have the most talented backfield in the NFL. We'll see if he can learn to be a real man, not one who assaults others, especially women.

Legend
Legend
Not sure why I'm not surprised.. Dorsey has a relationship with him that goes back a few years and certainly he is a productive player.

I'm not happy with his actions, but I gotta tell you, I've not always been proud of my actions and for the most part, I've been lucky enough to be around people that have forgiven me for them... I'm lucky,, why shouldn't he be.

Having Johnson, Chubb and Him would be pretty interesting. That's going to create some issues for opposing defenses.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this works out.

fingerscrossed

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I guess little risk, high reward is Dorseys thinking.

I would rather not take the risk of the losing the locker room though. JMO.

He is a supreme talent, and we could have 2 of the top RB in the league next year. but like last year with Hyde and Chubb, how do you split the time? 50/50 60/40 70/30? I assume Duke will be a liability if Hunt balls out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure how many RB's people think will actually get substantial playing time. I could see Duke as a situational WR, but if they plan to use Hunt it would only mean Duke's touches from the RB formation will lessen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, at least we don't have a REAL headcase like Josh Gordon.

#wheelsonthebusgoroundandround

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm surprised by the move. Not happy about it. Guess we don't live in a perfect world after all.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
I have nothing but emotions invested in the Browns, no financial stake.

The Browns are a business, as any other, and at this point, I just want them to win.

If we are going to judge players on all their off field issues, then Jim Brown's name should be removed from the stadium as well,

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I'm surprised by the move. Not happy about it. Guess we don't live in a perfect world after all.

I felt people should have figured that out when we drafted Calloway.

Josh Gordon fell under the "13 strikes and you're out" rule.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Seems to be Dorsey's thing... tremendously talented players with questionable character... Hunt, Hill, Callaway....

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
If we are going to judge players on all their off field issues, then Jim Brown's name should be removed from the stadium as well,

I remembered a few of us talked about that issue a few months ago.

Some people can separate the actions from the player.

Kudos to you who can. I know I can't.

Legend
Legend
One thing just hit my poor old head .... and that's this:

How would we feel about facing a Steelers team with James Conner and Kareem Hunt? How about Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt in Cincinnati? What if Baltimore added Hunt to Jackson, Dixon, and Edwards?

Legend
Legend
The Cleveland Browns have signed RB Kareem Hunt.

Hunt is 5-11, 216 pounds and entering his third NFL season out of Toledo. Originally drafted by Kansas City in the third round of the 2017 NFL draft, Hunt has appeared in 27 career games. He has rushed for 2,151 yards on 453 attempts (4.7 average) with 15 touchdowns, while adding 79 receptions for 833 yards with 10 touchdowns.

As a rookie in 2017, Hunt led the NFL with 1,327 rushing yards en route to a Pro Bowl selection. He became just the sixth rookie since 1966 (Super Bowl era) to lead the league in rushing yards. Hunt also became the first player in NFL history to record six consecutive games with 100-plus scrimmage yards to start their rookie campaign. He appeared in 11 games in 2018 and registered 824 rushing yards, 378 receiving yards and 14 total touchdowns. He was released by the Chiefs on Nov. 30. Hunt finished his collegiate career as Toledo’s all-time leading rusher with 4,945 yards, while scoring 44 rushing touchdowns. He attended Willoughby South High School in Willoughby, Ohio.

John Dorsey on signing free agent running back Kareem Hunt:

“My relationship and interaction with Kareem since 2016 in college was an important part of this decision making process but we then did extensive due diligence with many individuals, including clinical professionals, to have a better understanding of the person he is today and whether it was prudent to sign him. There were two important factors: one is that Kareem took full responsibility for his egregious actions and showed true remorse and secondly, just as importantly, he is undergoing and is committed to necessary professional treatment and a plan that has been clearly laid out.”

“We fully understand and respect the complexity of questions and issues in signing a player with Kareem’s history and do not condone his actions. Given what we know about Kareem through our extensive research, we believe he deserves a second chance but certainly with the understanding that he has to go through critical and essential steps to become a performing member of this organization, aside from what the NFL determines from their ongoing investigation. We fully understand that Kareem is subject to discipline by the NFL. Here at the Browns, there is a detailed plan with expectations laid out that he understands and must follow, because any similar incident will not be tolerated. We will support Kareem through this process and utilize our resources, however permitted, to help him become successful on and off the field as long as he continues to show the commitment necessary to represent this organization.”

Kareem Hunt on signing a free agent contract with the Cleveland Browns:

“First off, I would like to once again apologize for my actions last year. What I did was wrong and inexcusable. That is not the man I was raised to be, and I’ve learned a great deal from that experience and certainly should have been more truthful about it after the fact. I’m extremely grateful that John Dorsey, Dee and Jimmy Haslam and the Cleveland Browns organization are granting me the opportunity to earn their trust and represent their organization in the best way possible on and off the field. I am committed to following the necessary steps to learn and to be a better and healthier person from this situation. I also understand the expectations that the Browns have clearly laid out and that I have to earn my way back to the NFL. I’m a work in progress as a person, but I’m committed to taking advantage of the support systems that I have in place to become the best and healthier version of myself.”

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I think this potentially signals the end of Duke Johnson in CLE.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

As much as some seem to fail to understand it, it's a business decision. It's a risk verses reward situation. A small risk for a very possible high reward.

I certainly don't expect everyone to like it. That would be unrealistic expectations. But it helps to understand it.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Seems like there's a lot riding on him playing.

Redeem yourself, dedicate your life to better treatment of women, and just be a better human.

Dorsey knows when to let go. I guess I'll trust his judgement.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

His three year extension kicks in this year. I wouldn't worry too much about Duke. He's a versatile weapon in a time where versatility is the best thing a skill position can offer.

Maybe this is the end that we think that Duke is a top 5 HB. Kareem will eat from Chubb's carries, not Duke's.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I have nothing but emotions invested in the Browns, no financial stake.

The Browns are a business, as any other, and at this point, I just want them to win.

Good point.

I'm a graduate of Willoughby South and was a KH fan until I saw the video. As a person in recovery, I believe in second chances. There are football players with worse crimes in their past who enjoy the love and adoration of fans (Ray Lewis, Big Ben, etc.) And it's a show me contract, 1 year, 1 million.

I'm not trilled, but not surprised. Dorsey drafted him and knows him well, and has not been shy of signing good players with character question marks. If he keeps to the straight and narrow, we have a good player. If not, we can cut him in a heartbeat. I'm ok with it.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would have preferred to not have this player on my team. Now that he is on my team I will root for him to succeed.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I wonder what his trade value might be?

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard