Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Not attempting to contact the victim is a problem.

Don't agree. Why should he? What's he gonna learn that he didn't already know?

Moving on.... I have zero issues with this. Actually, I'm excited about it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
versatile, I think throwing Adrian Peterson, who spanked his kids, into a group of woman beaters is inappropriate. they are not the same thing at all!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
versatile, I think throwing Adrian Peterson, who spanked his kids, into a group of woman beaters is inappropriate. they are not the same thing at all!

I didn't see the comment. I have seen Vers in support of the move, so, there, there is that.

I would say there is about a 90% favorable rating.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Looks like we have our 2019 Walter Peyton, Man of the Year nominee all sewn up.

#GMSTRONG
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
ballpeen, I am totally for giving a repentant guy another chance, with a tight leash. another great move by our gm.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Dorsey sure isn't a wall flower, controversy doesn't bother him and ANY player should know, if given a chance to improve the team Dorsey will bring in COMPETITION. Ya thing Kareem comes in hungry, sure means J and C will come in ready for season for sure....Kareem screwed up and will be gone if he screws up again...good move giving him second chance....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Bigger question, can I buy a “KHUNT” jersey now?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: bonefish

When players produce their past is quickly forgotten.

Especially when,as I'm seeing here,the fans are hypocrites.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Double slot offense.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia

No kidding. That is why I mentioned his name. What Peterson did was way worse. Beating a child w/a switch and hitting him repeatedly in his private parts is a far bigger crime in my mind and I will not argue w/you anymore about it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
If I am Dorsey, I contact the NFL and petition for a shorter suspension due to the fact that Hunt already lost 5 games from last season due to his incident. I would ask the league to count those 5 games towards his "deserved" punishment. I doubt it works, but I would give it a try.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: BrownMoose
Piece of crap, huh? The media didn't influence ur opinion by any chance, did they?

You did see the video where he tossed a woman around, right?

obviously, you didn't see the video.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
If we are going to judge players on all their off field issues,

Florida not a direct reply to you but I'm glad you stated this..I'm just using it to express how I feel about it.Thank you.

I really get tired of all the Holier than thou every time a player gets signed... Must be a lot of people don't have mirrors to look into and face their own judgement.

I just wonder how many players come into a 60,000 plus stadium full of fans and say " I bet there are 100 + fans here that have had domestic violence issues..drug and alcohol issues...sex abuse issues.. theft issues...and here they sit and judge me... They aren't in the spot light so they can come here and no one knows... But hey they pay to see me play..Wish I could have them thrown out of the Stadium for what they did "

I just want to see this team put talent on the field and win a dang Super Bowl. God can do all the judging..Heck I wish he was a Ref..The Browns may have made the Play-offs this season.

Get this team full of talent and players who will wake up feeling Dangerous!!!!

S
Rookie
Rookie
S
I don't see how this spells the end for Duke Johnson, at least not in 2019. First, we don't know how many games Hunt is going to miss. Second, he is currently only on a 1 year deal, so he would need to be signed to a longer term deal. Third, I suspect before inking another deal they want to see how he does this off season and into the season to see if he earns a longer deal. "IF" he sign him to a long term deal, then at that point I would think Duke would be on the trading block.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Agreed. Hunt will be receiving a suspension. I doubt we get rid of Duke before then.

I do think he lost some favor w/Kitchens as time wore on, but I don't think this signing means we trade him. We might trade him just because of Freddie.........but, that is another story.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
I don't think Duke has lost any favor. Well maybe behind the scenes. Like last year he was in Miami when Tyrod was having workouts down there, but Duke wasn't in any of the promo videos. As for on the field, he's primarily been most dangerous as a check down target/ escape valve. The major difference this year opposed to years past, is that Baker would rather chuck the ball down field at the last possible moment opposed to checking it down at the first sign of pressure.

D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
If we are going to judge players on all their off field issues,

Florida not a direct reply to you but I'm glad you stated this..I'm just using it to express how I feel about it.Thank you.

I really get tired of all the Holier than thou every time a player gets signed... Must be a lot of people don't have mirrors to look into and face their own judgement.

I just wonder how many players come into a 60,000 plus stadium full of fans and say " I bet there are 100 + fans here that have had domestic violence issues..drug and alcohol issues...sex abuse issues.. theft issues...and here they sit and judge me... They aren't in the spot light so they can come here and no one knows... But hey they pay to see me play..Wish I could have them thrown out of the Stadium for what they did "

I just want to see this team put talent on the field and win a dang Super Bowl. God can do all the judging..Heck I wish he was a Ref..The Browns may have made the Play-offs this season.

Get this team full of talent and players who will wake up feeling Dangerous!!!!

Yeah... the self-righteousness is a bit much.... I've seen a fan punch some lady at a game in the stands and another in a parking lot at a different game. I've also seen worse.

Players are human too. And sometime their celebrity will either create a situation or put a spot light on them that otherwise would not have gain attention other people/media. I was out with some NFL players when a "fan" tried to attack one of them out of the blue cuz she wasn't given a autograph or his number. We should be concerned about winning and not overreact to every player issue. Yes, Hunt deserves a second chance and I'm glad it is here with the Browns.

Just the dawg in me..........
Legend
Legend
Not sure I like it... it if he stays out if trouble and helps us win can we forgive him.... I'd like to read some of our female fans opinions...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That'd be a smart move!

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
By "out of favor," I mean that Freddie used him less and less as time went by. I didn't mean to insinuate anything other than that.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Wow.. didn’t expect this but after processing it... great move! Minimal downside and tremendous upside. If Hunt is truly a changed man then let’s give him a chance to prove it. People make horrible mistakes and my God embraces them with open arms if they are truly remorseful... we shall see.

No 15 chances though.... step out of line once and give him the boot!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Not sure I like it... it if he stays out if trouble and helps us win can we forgive him.... I'd like to read some of our female fans opinions...

You know...............this is a very sensitive topic and I want to tread lightly because things often get misconstrued.

I wonder how many of our board members have actually participated in the party scene? The bar scene? Stuff happens when people are drinking heavily. Fights are not uncommon. Insults are prevalent. Emotions run wild. Reason is not a driving force. [censored] happens.

I was a big-time partier and was involved in so many bar fights that I couldn't possibly count them. My daughter likes to party, but I have always cautioned her about which positions where you should or shouldn't put yourself in.

Think about this case. You're at a bar. You go to hotel w/several men. Do you think that will end well if you don't want to get hurt in some way, whether it be emotionally or physically? My advice is to never put yourself in that position. Same goes for the dudes. I get why you wanna hang w/those kind of girls, but don't be surprised if things go wrong.

Understand that this stuff has been going on for centuries. Walking on the Wild Side is fun, but it is also dangerous. Of course, the danger is kind of what makes it fun for millions of people. And it happens thousands and thousands of times each night of each year in almost every locale in the world. It's not shocking, that is for sure.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
By "out of favor," I mean that Freddie used him less and less as time went by. I didn't mean to insinuate anything other than that.

My bad. It wasn't my intention to insinuate that you thought that. I just wanted to voice my thoughts about the Miami trip last year, Dorsey's comment today, and his declined usage. My bad for using "out of favor" so closely after you.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's all good.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Not attempting to contact the victim is a problem.

Why? He isn't hiring her.

If it was me I would want to know about everything possible about what that transpired the night in question. You can't know everything if you don't talk to the victim.

I would have have preferred the team not sign Hunt so I wouldn't have to do the mental gymnastics to try and convince myself to root for him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
What is this "added risk involved with him being from NE Ohio."???

I'm not sure I'm understanding that.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

He's from Northeast Ohio and the videoed incident occurred in Northeast Ohio.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000725141/article/what-is-the-reservecommissioner-exempt-list

I see KH is on the Commissioners Exempt list. I went to familiarize myself with this.. this is what I found:

You all remember Josh Brown from the Giants?

What is the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List?

Print
NFL.com
Published: Oct. 21, 2016 at 04:26 p.m. Updated: Oct. 21, 2016 at 04:57 p.m.

The NFL placed Josh Brown on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List on Friday a day after it reopened its domestic violence investigation into the Giants kicker.

Brown was notified of the move in a letter from Adolpho Birch, NFL's Senior Vice President of Labor Policy and League Affairs. In the letter, Birch goes over some of the guidelines Brown must adhere to under the Commissioner Exempt List.

While on the list, Brown cannot practice or attend games, and is allowed at the Giants' facility for meetings, individual workouts, therapy and rehabilitation and other permitted non-football activities if permitted by the franchise. Brown will continue to receive his normal salary and will be eligible for all the benefits he qualifies for under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Here's a full description of the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List directly from the NFL Player Personnel Policy Manual:

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend

It is a touchy subject.

We see the video. That's it. We don't know the whole story.

It is not a matter of condoning any violent actions toward women. It is about being there. Being in situations where crap happens.

The video of Mason sucker punching a girl in a fast food place. I mean he should have been put in jail. Now it is like it never happened.

Hunt now has his second chance.

He is a big add if he hits the field.

Hunt now has a path to follow. I doubt that there will be more issues with him.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

He's from Northeast Ohio and the videoed incident occurred in Northeast Ohio.

2/3 of his fights happened in NE Ohio. The other one was at Put In Bay.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
lol I just wanna know where the pregnant factor came in!

L
Legend
Legend
L
That girl wasn’t pregnant. She was underaged and was asked to leave and she flipped out. It was hill who punched his pregnant gf

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
That girl wasn’t pregnant. She was underaged and was asked to leave and she flipped out. It was hill who punched his pregnant gf

Ah, Hill. Thanks.
Imagine that, people getting facts confused. Crazy.

Legend
Legend
I thought that she said that she was pregnant.

It doesn't matter. What he did was wrong.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

As was what she did. She attacked him first

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

Yep. No question.

However, to go kick her after knocking her to the ground was absolutely wrong. I could see if he just shoved her back ...and she fell .... but not to go after her and kick her.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S

Yep. No question.

However, to go kick her after knocking her to the ground was absolutely wrong. I could see if he just shoved her back ...and she fell .... but not to go after her and kick her.

I agree that was a despicable act. Surprised he isn't in jail, let alone in the NFL.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
People don't go to jail for something like that.

Had she filed charges he would have been arrested, as might she.

But that isn't going to jail. It's not like he would have gotten 2 years in lockup.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The reason most of this stuff happened in N/E OH is he's from there so probably there the most.
Just like the old ad that said most car accidents are w/in 10 miles of your house...cause...
Even if he had been arrested DA would have probably gone w/ Anger Management classes after pleading it down to a misdemeanor.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Hopefully we now have a PROVEN Premier RB to go w/ our emerging Premier RB.
Win/Win

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard