Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

The reason why being from NE Ohio might be a problem is that Hunt is more likely to hang-out w/old friends and acquaintances than he would be in a place like KC. Apparently, that group of people are the sort of people who are not good influences on him.

I'm guessing that staying away from them is one of the stipulations that Dorsey put into the contract.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Colin's issue is more about him not being a good qb, wanting to be a starter, and not worth the drama.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I think this is the biggest concern. Coming back to a potential negative environment. Hunt may be only costing the Browns $1M in a deal, but the move could possibly cost the Browns more if they want to hire someone to make sure he doesn't slip.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Don't let him get an apartment at The 9!

Legend
Legend
He's got a lot of baggage clearly. This is a long shot, but probably worth taking. We view him as a wild card who COULD make this offense even more dynamic

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Some may be overreacting to him moving back to Cleveland. Yes, it could be a situation that he begins to hang with his old buddies and it might be a case where some of them may want to take advantage of a kid that has a few bucks in the bank. he's gotta have resources around him that will help him stay straight and narrow. I think that's not a difficult thing for the Browns to provide. His teammates will do that. and if not, you kick him to the curb.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

This made me laugh.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
"Sigh"

Just when the Browns had a good thing going. We got a young roster with a lot of talent, and one guy (Callaway) that appears to finally be getting over his off the field issues thanks to be around a positive environment and we add this POS in Hunt to our roster....unbelievable.

This guy KICKED a 19 year old girl while she was on the ground after he shoved her down...think about that KICKED a girl while she was on the ground...

I am all about forgiving Hunt, Everyone should have forgave him long ago. BUT forgiving him, and allowing him to play football again are to completely different things.

Kareem Hunt should have been barred from the NFL for life for what he done. Actions must have consequences. Even if you forgive, their must still be consequences.

This will be the move that will cause the Browns to fail. This will be the move that seals Dorsey's ticket out of Cleveland. This will be the move that puts a cancer in the locker room.

We got rid of Josh Gordon because he was problem, but then we bring in an even bigger problem. Say what you want about Gordon, but at least he wasn't violent and beating the stuffing out of women and beating people unconscious at night clubs...Josh Gordon was a choir boy compared to Hunt.

The worst thing about Hunt is not only is he a worthless POS human being, but even his word is worthless...He lied to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Reid made the right move getting rid of this guy...Dorsey is just biased because he drafted him and brought him in back in KC.

This one move right here has the potential ruin EVERYTHING we got going here. This is the last guy you want Mayfield, Callaway, Ward, and Chubb being in the same room with...this is awful beyond belief.

There is a reason no one else was interested. Even Bellichik(the only guy I think could maybe keep him out of trouble and turn him around) wasn't interested in him...you can't win, coach, or be successful with losers like Hunt...losers breed losing...what a monumental blunder of vast proportions siging this twit...I don't care if we signed him for cupcakes...what he did was worse than what Ray Rice did...

It won't be long before the Women's Rights protests begin...people are ******, and rightfully so...this move is going to cost Haslam some money....this move will NOT sit well with women, and women will begin refusing to buy tickets, merch, and other things because the Browns organization is seen as an organization that supports men who beat and abuse women....Dorsey just proved himself a complete twit.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 02/12/19 11:40 AM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Has Dorsey ever been known to trade away backup players? I simply do not see a situation where he will be traded. A young guy on a team friendly deal that can help you and hasn't complained? Seems like fan speculation.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
"Sigh"

Just when the Browns had a good thing going. We got a young roster with a lot of talent, and one guy (Callaway) that appears to finally be getting over his off the field issues thanks to be around a positive environment and we add this POS in Hunt to our roster....unbelievable.

This guy KICKED a 19 year old girl while she was on the ground after he shoved her down...think about that KICKED a girl while she was on the ground...

I am all about forgiving Hunt, Everyone should have forgave him long ago. BUT forgiving him, and allowing him to play football again are to completely different things.

Kareem Hunt should have been barred from the NFL for life for what he done. Actions must have consequences. Even if you forgive, their must still be consequences.

this will be the move that will causes the Browns to fail. This will be the move that seas Dorsey's ticket out of Cleveland. This will be the move that puts a cancer in the locker room.

We got rid of Josh Gordon because he was problem, but then we bring in an even bigger problem. Say what you want about Gordon, but atleast he was violent and beating the stuffing out of women and beating people unconscious at night clubs...Josh Gordon was a choir boy compared to Hunt.

the worst thing about Hunt is not only is he a worthless POS human being, but even his word is worthless...He lied to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Reid made the right move getting rid of this guy...Dorsey is just biased because he drafted him and brought him in.

This one move right here has the potential ruin EVERYTHING we got going here. This is the last guy you want Mayfield, Callaway, Ward, and Chubb being in the same room with...this is awful beyond belief.

There is a reason no one else was interested. Even Bellichik(the only guy i think could maybe keep him out of trouble and turn him around) wasn't interested in him...you can;t win, coach, or be successful with losers like Hunt...losers breed losing...what a monumental blunder of vast proprtions sighing this twit...I don't care if we signed him for cupcakes...what he did was worse than what Ray Rice did...

It won't be long before the Women's Rights protests begin...people are ******, and rightfully so...this move is going to cost Haslam some money....this move will NOT sit well with women, and women will begin refusing to buy tickets, merch, and other things because the Browns organization is seen as an organization that supports men who beat and abuse women....Dorsey just proved himself a complete twit.

Honestly, I don't think there's much accuracy in this post at all... unfortunately the only thing you may have got right was that he kicked a 19 yr old girl.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
its already begun

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cle...vocates-n970361

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...m=.f4cf1aac9dc2

Haslam...this is going to cost you BIG TIME

Do the right thing, tell Dorsey to get bent and put Hunt on Waivers now...we don't need him...we can get another back in the draft to backup Chubb...we don't need this cancer in our lockeroom. We don't need this distraction.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saying Hunt is a bigger problem than Gordon. LOOOOL come on dude yeah right.

Hunt's last past two seasons (and he missed 5 games).
2,100 rushing yards
15TD's

830 receiving yards
10TD's

Josh Gordons last two seasons:
1,000 yards
5TD's

Kareem Hunt had more receiving TD's last season in one fewer games played.

"losers breed losing" yeah all that losing they were doing in Kansas City the past two seasons....

Legend
Legend
Dorsey is no dummy. He knew the PR hit the team would be taking. If he didn't, then he's an idiot. And I don't think he's an idiot.

I think the team knew this PR hit was coming and is willing to just let it blow over. There will be a lot of outcry for a while, and then something else will happen and it will move on.

I'm not saying it's right. Just saying that's the way it will be.

Want to make it "right" (as if such a thing is possible after committing such an act)? I'd structure his contract that a good chunk of every paycheck goes to a battered women's shelter, or something like that. I know that's probably not practical (or possibly even permitted under the CBA), but if it was, that might help things.

The Browns say hey, he screwed up, he is atoning, and now we're giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to battered women's shelters, or domestic violence advocates, etc.

Again, probably not practical, but just spitballing.

As for the outcry that we signed Hunt and Kapernick is still out there, I won't weigh in on the political part of it except to say there's no reason Kaepernick's name should come up here. We signed a troubled RB, not a troubled QB. Unless people are saying we should have signed Kaepernick as a RB.

Last edited by brownsfansince79; 02/12/19 11:47 AM.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I agree .. we knew the ramifications of signing him. Take the PR hit, hope he improves himself, and then move on

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
its already begun

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cle...vocates-n970361

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...m=.f4cf1aac9dc2

Haslam...this is going to cost you BIG TIME

Do the right thing, tell Dorsey to get bent and put Hunt on Waivers now...we don't need him...we can get another back in the draft to backup Chubb...we don't need this cancer in our lockeroom. We don't need this distraction.

This would have worked, if these two sets of groups hadn't spent the past few years crying about literally everything. This noise falls on deaf ears anymore, I'd be surprised if literally any NFL GM cared much less even read this type of garbage.

Legend
Legend

It is easy to be judgemental when you do not know all the facts.

Nobody will condone what was on film. At he same time he has not been prosecuted. It was bad thing to do - period. There is no justification for his action.

two wrongs do not a right. But by comparison to Mixon. Not even close.

In addition there were other teams willing to sign Hunt. there is no way he was not signing with someone. The Chiefs were interested.

It's not like Dorsey has not looked into this.

If there is honest remorse. And a willingness to be a better man. And take the steps to do so. There is no reason he should not get a second chance.

Again he has not been charged.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's a 23 year old high end player on a 1MM contract. There is virtually no downside. He acts up, he gets cut and they show they will enforce "zero tolerance" and it sets the tone for any player dubbed "zero tolerance". He doesn't and we got an all pro type player in his prime on a rental contract we can resign or trade.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I think what Hunt did was wrong and cowardly but the level that it has been overblown is inconceivable. Folks act like he drew back and kicked her like he was kicking from the 50 yard line ( as hard as he could) when in actuality the video show him pretty much knocking her over with his foot. Not that that is a good thing but he was obviously not trying to hurt her at that point. Also when she hit the ground he actually pushed the guy who fell into her. Again not good, but if the story is going to be told at least it should be told in complete truth. Anyone lumping him in with Mixon or Rice is delusional.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Umm .... definitely a RB upgrade over anyone on our roster except for Nick Chubb. However, he also appears to be a real piece of crap as a human being.

I hope that Dorsey knows what he's doing in this case. He's definitely huge talent though. I have to admit that my mind goes crazy thinking about 3 WR along with Chubb and Hunt .........

We'll see.

1. Dorsey is one of the few GMs who has seriously studied on who to take a 2nd chance on. He has a pretty good history and sort of made it into a science on what to look for.
Piece of Crap??? Again action was a piece of crap, him as a Human being you got to know him personally to make that assumption not just reading about him.

In our favor - Dorsey has vetted him once before.

Right now we have to see this as a MAJOR UPGRADE on Hilliard.

Dorsey has made it clear Hunt will have to EARN his way onto establishing himself on the team.

I can see that 3 RB look now, Chub with Duke and Hunt. hehehe...can we have a little fun with that especially with all 3 actually good pass catchers...2 of which are outstanding pass catchers. I got a feeling we are going to see a lot of that formation and it will drive teams crazy!

In basic O does this finally bring Duke officially to the WR reps? Interesting to see if he will be in both Positional Rooms.

Chubb should be the man though. Hunt can be a great change of pace. Although his straightline 40 speed is very close to that of Duke's. But for some reason in full pads on the field of play Hunt looks a lot faster/quicker than Duke. He actually looks like a 4.38-4.42 type of guy. Was shocked to read his Pro Day/Combine 40 times.

I think he is a much better choice than Deveon Bell. Much much cheaper.

This is a Win Win scenario. His leash will be short. I think our vetting of Calloway has been met with good results, so far. The kid is young and can mature. As Dorsey has mentioned he has sought out serious help for his character flaw, not a court invoked ONE DAY in rehab type of think experienced by Gordon.

Dorsey Knows him personally, Dorsey has followed his actions since his waive from the Chiefs. Dorsey has experience in vetting these young men, I consider him the King of 2nd chances.

I think we have a good environment established here in Cleveland. I think he is very close to his Home and this 2nd time around will find him a little more cautious in where he spends his time and who he surrounds himself with.

As long as he and Calloway don't become best buds...lol laugh

Hopefully he will hand more with Chubb!

Honestly, every since Hunt got cut. I have thought that there was a good chance he would become a Brown.

Btw there was a better defense brought against Hunt in year 2 which is understandable. I've read a lot of Chief propaganda, yada yada about how they didn't miss a beat losing Hunt.
Of course less without him but would state how close it was so he wasn't missed.

For me here was an important fact/stat in 2018.

Passing yards per attempt with Hunt: 9.07
Passing yards per attempt w/o Hunt: 7.88

That is not a small amount. Its about how the Defenses changed as they didn't want Hunt to beat them...when he left their D plan was to seriously not let Maholm beat them. So the stats of the RBs who took over was not far from Hunts but the defenses weren't as concerned about them and put their attentions soley on Maholm.

JMHO
another good move by Dorsey. Not a need but doesn't hurt the team one bit and can only be a good thing. One wrong turn doesn't hurt us just a roster spot taken for a while - hopefully we could pick up another Hilliard type or Hilliard himself assuming he is release and if we lose Hunt would be nice to get him back.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Where do you get the idea that no one else wanted Hunt? I will say that I believe a lot of teams would have signed hunt.
I also contend that it is worth a million of Haslam's money just to keep him off of another teams roster.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
"Sigh"

This will be the move that will cause the Browns to fail. This will be the move that seals Dorsey's ticket out of Cleveland. This will be the move that puts a cancer in the locker room.

We got rid of Josh Gordon because he was problem, but then we bring in an even bigger problem. Say what you want about Gordon, but at least he wasn't violent and beating the stuffing out of women and beating people unconscious at night clubs...Josh Gordon was a choir boy compared to Hunt.

The worst thing about Hunt is not only is he a worthless POS human being, but even his word is worthless...He lied to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Reid made the right move getting rid of this guy...Dorsey is just biased because he drafted him and brought him in back in KC.

There is a reason no one else was interested. Even Bellichik(the only guy I think could maybe keep him out of trouble and turn him around) wasn't interested in him...you can't win, coach, or be successful with losers like Hunt...losers breed losing...what a monumental blunder of vast proportions siging this twit...I don't care if we signed him for cupcakes...what he did was worse than what Ray Rice did...

Dude, Please.

Funny how Kansas City was one of 2 others interested in Signing him.

YEAH. The same KC that released him. Hmmmmm.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
So Callaway can turn his life around, but Hunt cannot. Do you have that stance on what information? Please share. I would like to know the thousands of dollars you have used to investigate this kid, that I would be the Browns have.

Quote:

So I am going to go on a limb and say you didn't watch the video. Because if you did, you would actually notice that the PUSH was worse than the kick. He barely touched her with his foot. Not making an excuse, he should have not done either - and it has cost him millions of dollars already. But lets keep the facts straight. He was on video, yet he wasn't charged. The push was more "flagrant" than the supposed kick.

I don't know why her age matters, shouldn't matter if she was 19 or 49, he should not have shoved her. But he's 23. They would have attended HS at the same time. Age has not bearing on this incident other than to try to pull heartstrings over facts.

Quote:
This is the scenario we find ourselves debating right now as a society. But at what point, does the crime fit the punishment. He's been cut, and will be suspended most likely. He will have lost millions of dollars. At what point should he not be allowed to make a living? The NFL is a job. McDonalds is a job. So if a person hit a women, they should never be allowed to work again? Then what, the tax payers pay for them the rest of their lives?

Quote:

Yeah, your just plain wrong. lol

Quote:
Once again, you do not know the situation you are talking about, and this statement proves it. You do realize Gordon admitted to robbing people with a gun right? He admitted to being in gangs? I suggest you do some research before stating FALSE information.

Quote:
Once again, you are out of your element. There was a story TODAY that KC was trying to get RESIGN Hunt lol. Doesn't sound like ol' Andy cared too much.

Quote:
Once again, you prove you have no idea about the people you are talking about. If you THINK for ONE SINGLE SECOND that Baker is the type of person that that someone is going to affect him, or have influence on him - you have not been watching this kid or listening to how he conducts himself. I would again suggest doing a little bit of research on the topic.

Quote:
Nah. Baltimore sells out after Ray Rice. Cincy had no issues after they drafted Mixon. How may times have we seen DA players come back, the team wins, and no one cares.

Itll be a non the week after he plays.

I would say good post, but I am sorry, I cannot. There was not a single thing here that any substance of any factual information, or anything even remotely to what actually happened, or the situation that is going on.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think we have a good environment established here in Cleveland. I think he is very close to his Home and this 2nd time around will find him a little more cautious in where he spends his time and who he surrounds himself with.

saywhat I see his infraction was committed in Cleveland...lol laugh so not so sure on that environment thing wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
LOL Can't yell about Baker anymore so you have to find something new to overreact to... LOL You so damn funny

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
The guy is just looking for attention. Don't pay attention to posts like this from him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

This seems almost cruel. What's the point of being rich in Cleveland if you can't live at the 9?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
The guy is just looking for attention. Don't pay attention to posts like this from him.

LOL,, Yeah, I know,, But I wanted to have fun at his expense..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F
Imagine if he ended up in Pittsburgh or Baltimore instead.

Might be bad having him on our team if your one to hold his past against him, possibly worse if we had to face him 2x a year for the next few years

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

He's probably just paying with a stolen credit card anyway.

#GMSTRONG
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Honestly the thought that women's groups would care so much that they would protest a Browns game is pretty hysterical.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

LOL

Hey,, just a dumb question, it's been reported that Hunt stands to get a 6 game suspension. If, and I still think it's a big "IF", he doesn't do something stupid so we don't keep him, Does he get paid for those 6 games and does that come out of the $1 million contract? Just wondering how that works

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

LOL

Hey,, just a dumb question, it's been reported that Hunt stands to get a 6 game suspension. If, and I still think it's a big "IF", he doesn't do something stupid so we don't keep him, Does he get paid for those 6 games and does that come out of the $1 million contract? Just wondering how that works
I maybe wrong, but I was under the impression it would go against the cap, but hes not paid. I am not confirming that though.

P
Legend
Legend
P
From every account that I can remember, after any bonuses paid, the remainder of your contract is split into 16 equal game checks. You are only eligable to be paid if you are available to the team. Meaning you lose the game checks that correspond with a supsension.

ie.... If you're suspended for six games you lose three eighths of your salary.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

LOL

I maybe wrong, but I was under the impression it would go against the cap, but hes not paid. I am not confirming that though.

Seems odd doesn't it, something hits the CAP that you don't have to pay out? I don't know about that Willi.. seems odd.. But maybe that's the way it works..

Anyway, It doesn't actually mean much either way.. $1 million in NFL terms just isn't a lot of money and not really much of a risk at all..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
People forget we're not paying anyone on the roster to be a role model. Chuck said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqk4WPnrpM

Last edited by KyDawg; 02/12/19 01:25 PM.

I'm grateful for Browns football.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does this mean we will win the Super Bowl next season? The last time we won we had a woman beater at RB.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
O
Legend
Legend
O

LOL

Seems odd doesn't it, something hits the CAP that you don't have to pay out? I don't know about that Willi.. seems odd.. But maybe that's the way it works..

Anyway, It doesn't actually mean much either way.. $1 million in NFL terms just isn't a lot of money and not really much of a risk at all..

Question/comment...

Right now he's on the exempt list, which means he doesn't count against anyone's cap.? (Right?)
When he gets suspended, he comes off the exempt list, and then does count against the cap?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

LOL

Not really, there is dead cap money after you trade player sometimes.

It would be another way to ensure that teams are doing their best to keep these players accountable. Heck, if its not, I think should be that way! lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
From every account that I can remember, after any bonuses paid, the remainder of your contract is split into 16 equal game checks. You are only eligable to be paid if you are available to the team. Meaning you lose the game checks that correspond with a supsension.

ie.... If you're suspended for six games you lose three eighths of your salary.

Wouldn't it depend on the contract status, if it's fully guaranteed money, shouldn't he receive it all?

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only fully guaranteed part of a contract comes in the form of bonuses. Signing bonuses and such. I covered that in my above post.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard