Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Thanks mom. I already read the other incidents. I already knew they didn't involve women.

Jim Brown had incidents that didn't involve women too.

Still a scumbag.

I'm not going to burn KH on a cross, but I'm not gonna defend him either.

I'll cheer if he does good things for the Browns, but it would take him a lot of good things outside football to erase that one bad thing outside of football in my mind.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I just want to say that, if I'm walking down the street and some random drunken woman attacks me, she gets the first swing for free. After that, I'm taking her to the pavement.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think that's a different scenario altogether.

The key is not to put yourself in these type of situations.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Sometimes the situation just happens without putting yourself in that situation...

T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns sign Kareem Hunt.

Does this help you beat Pittsburgh?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

Sometimes the situation just happens without putting yourself in that situation...

Maybe.

In the case of Kareem Hunt, I doubt a girl ends up in his hallway to push and kick if he doesn't go out drinking with friends and they just stay in and watch movies.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

I dont think any situation happens where any sane person can say "Yeah, that teenage girl totally deserved to be punched/kicked by the NFL Football Player".

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I thought this was the Pure Football forum, but it's become the Political forum, part two.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Device..I don't want to go into the what ifs..He could of shouldn't of..She could of shouldn't of.

As of now..and only now..He's a Browns player.. I really want to discuss what his role will be and how can he be utilized and help this team win.

I think the old days..Mack and Byner...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not sure about any of this, but I can see...

--Hunt getting two series and Chubb getting two series throughout the game.

--Both players being in the same backfield a few to several times a game. Misdirection plays being called where you fake the handoff to one side and then hand off to the other side. Then, follow up w/handing off to the first guy.

--Counters and traps.

--Utilizing Hunt as a receiver in a big, big way.

--I'm thinking they will be the best tandem in the entire NFL. And it won't even be close. The Chargers dudes are very good. The Rams have a very good combo. The Pats have a trio. The Broncos have a nice stable. The Falcons have good backs. So do the Lions, Seahawks, and a couple of other teams. But no one would have a better backfield than us.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm generalizing. No what ifs. The Hunt incident was an example.

You commented that situations can just happen without putting yourself in them. I disagree. I think it's rare for a random drunk girl to come up to you and attack. There's usually a reason. Don't put yourself in that situation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
The Pats have a trio.

Could Duke create that trio Here ? I'm really hoping that can be put in play. Thank you for the football talk.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
As of now..and only now..He's a Browns player.. I really want to discuss what his role will be and how can he be utilized and help this team win.

Right. He's a Brown now. Some have trouble rooting for Hunt for what he did, some have trouble rooting for Baker because he was mean to Hue. This is football...it's always been like this. They are football players, not angels or model citizens. There were similar issues in the old days with drugs, alcohol and violence. Ask Jim Brown's former girlfriends or the 70's steeler's team physicians. Read one of Art Donovan's books.
I'm not going to have a hard time enjoying the Browns winning because of off the field drama.

What Hunt did was stupid. If his behavior doesn't change, he won't last long.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Why do you feel the need to lie?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The Pats have a trio.

Could Duke create that trio Here ? I'm really hoping that can be put in play. Thank you for the football talk.

Yeah, a wishbone with Baker, Chubb, Duke, and Hunt would be pretty scary, especially with Baker's ball fakes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
The Pats have a trio.

I don't know, Deisle. There are so many scenarios. Let's consider:

--Hunt gets suspended for 10 to 12 games. Do we trade Duke if that occurs?

--Hell, would we trade him early if Hunt is suspended for 8 games?

--Do we simply hold onto Hunt and then use him as trade bait later on? I'm not saying he won't play when available, but do we want to keep him or use him as trade bait?

--Can Hunt stay out of trouble? The world will be watching him closely and being close to home is going to make it tougher to stay clean. Friends can define you.

--Provided all goes well, I don't think all three stay together for multiple years. Hunt is just too damn good and Chubb is looking to be in the same grouping of top backs. Duke might have to be moved. I just don't see that happening right away.

--I really have no answers. Just thinking of different scenarios.

Legend
Legend
I don't trade any of them next year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I don't trade any of them next year.

I'd agree with that.

I'm upset we signed Kareem Hunt. But many things happen. Injuries and so on.

Even if Hunt is suspended only 8 weeks, a lot can happen in 8 weeks.

So no sense in trading the Duke

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Maybe its good news that Hunt's father is probably going to jail for selling crack cocaine in Elyria.

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2019/01/...-in-elyria.html

Kareem Hunt Sr, 47, has been arrested 35 times, multiple times for domestic abuse. He also has 9 felony convictions for drug offenses for which he spent 9 years in jail. Link below also mentions his cousin, Rashan Hunt, who was sentenced to 23 years for voluntary manslaughter.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...ory/2289525002/

It can only be a good thing for the younger Hunt for his father to be out of the picture during his tenure with the Browns, but its also easy to see why some people think the worst thing for Hunt is to return to Cleveland where he'll be immersed in his apparently troubled family issues every day.

One good thing about him being here is he will be around his high school coaches. They were positive role models in his life. I’m still a little conflicted about bringing him here. I happen to know his high school girlfriend’s parents. Her mom is very excited he is on the Browns. She thinks it will be good for him. I hope she is right.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Are you saying that the mom thinks Hunt is alright and not a monster?

Man, it's gotta be tough growing up having a dad like that. It explains some things.

I'm hoping for the best.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
He was a good kid who has made poor decisions. Time will tell if he can get his life on track.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

i can't see it being that long..I'd say 6-8 games and some of those retro possibly

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

i can't see it being that long..I'd say 6-8 games and some of those retro possibly

I trust Schefter more than I trust you.

Legend
Legend
If Kareem Hunt helps instead of hurts people, the Browns’ signing is a victory: Mary Kay Cabot | cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/02...ncart_big-photo

CLEVELAND, Ohio — If the Browns can help Kareem Hunt become an asset to his hometown instead of another member of his family behind bars, his controversial signing by John Dorsey will go down as a victory.

A devout Catholic, Dorsey believes in redemption and second chances. He believes he can look into the eyes of a player and see his soul. The many times he’s looked into Hunt’s eyes since he began to scout him in 2016 for the Chiefs, he’s seen a good man and not the one who was captured on video almost a year ago shoving and kicking a woman in a hallway at the Metropolitan at The 9 in downtown Cleveland.

Dorsey, who selected Hunt in the third round of the 2017 draft out of Toledo, believes that his willingness to save troubled players might also be his biggest flaw. But his faith won’t have it any other way.

He also knows that Hunt is a product of his rough upbringing, and that it’s a wonder he’s not a victim of the streets, a drug dealer like so many in his family, or wearing a different kind of orange uniform by now.

Just a few weeks ago, Hunt’s father, Kareem Hunt, 47, was arrested in Elyria on charges of drug trafficking, and admitted to selling crack cocaine and marijuana. It was nothing new for “Big Kareem,’’ who had already been arrested at least 35 times in northeast Ohio, including multiple times for domestic violence, according to an in-depth piece in December by USA Today Sports’ Josh Peter. The elder Hunt has been sentenced to nine years in prison over the years for nine felony convictions, mostly on drug-related offenses. He’s also been in and out of jail for lesser charges.

But his dad wasn’t the only one who set a bad example for “Little Kareem.’’ Almost everyone he looked up to — an older brother, his stepfather, uncles and cousins — are either just out of prison or still in it, mostly on drug-related offenses but one for voluntary manslaughter. Even his mother, Stephanie Riggins, was arrested in 2014 on charges of cocaine possession and pleaded guilty to driving under the influence. She opted for rehab in lieu of a jail time.

“He’s a miracle," Hunt’s cousin Lorenzo Hunt, who was sentenced to seven years in prison in 2004 for aggravated robbery, told USA Today. “For Kareem to make it, it’s not just validation for him, it’s validation for all of us who tried our hardest and failed or succumbed to bad situations and poverty.

"All we know is to fight. To see Little Kareem get out of there, we never even saw that he had so much of us in him until we saw how he fights for the other yard, how he fights for the extra inch, how he never quits no matter (if) you got 300-pound linemen holding on to you, trying to drag you down. He never stops. That’s us. That’s a Hunt.’’

Hunt’s mother, for whom he bought a house in westside suburb of Amherst after being drafted, moved him out of crime-ridden Elyria as a boy, and into a better environment in Willoughby, Ohio. Amazingly, Hunt, 23, mostly stayed out of trouble, except for one stop by police with friends who had marijuana that resulted in no charges, and a two-game suspension during his junior year at Toledo for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Dorsey found Hunt to be “a neat kid’’ when was scouting him, and didn’t hesitate to draft him despite his family history. Toledo’s all-time leading rusher with 4,945 yards, Hunt rewarded the former Chiefs GM by leading the NFL in rushing yards as a rookie and earning Pro Bowl honors. Last season, before the video surfaced on Nov. 30 and the Chiefs waived him, Hunt was off to another torrid start, with 824 yards rushing, 378 receiving and 14 touchdowns in 11 games.

Of course, this isn’t the first time Dorsey has taken a gamble on a player who committed violence against a woman. In 2016, he drafted Oklahoma State receiver Tyreek Hill in the fifth round despite a conviction for choking and punching his then-pregnant girlfriend. Dorsey received the same backlash then, but Hill, a three-time Pro Bowler, has been as much of a model citizen off the field as a star on it.

In August, Hill’s domestic abuse conviction was dismissed and expunged after he completed terms of his three-year probation, which included anger management courses and a 52-week batterer’s intervention program. He established a foundation to help underprivileged children, and earned the NFL Players Association’s Community MVP weekly award in September for his work at a food pantry. He also became engaged in September to his son’s mother, Crystal Espinal, whom he had assaulted.

“It shows what God can do,’’ Hill told the Kansas City Star. “He can take a young man and He can transform him. He can transform him into a positive role model, a positive influence on the community. I’m just blessed to be in the position that I’m in. Chiefs obviously gave me an opportunity, so I’m going to use my platform each and every day to change lives.”

If Hunt can follow in Hill’s footsteps and not only change his own life but that of others, the signing will not have been in vain.

Of course, he must work hard to atone for what Dorsey described as his “egregious’’ actions in the hallway that night, and two other altercations the NFL is investigating, one at a Put-In-Bay resort in June and another at a Kansas City nightclub in January, 2018. Hunt is attending anger management and alcohol awareness classes, and faces a suspension that will soon be levied by the NFL.

If Hunt is truly remorseful, he can donate money to victims of domestic abuse and speak out at local schools. He might even talk to Hill about making restitution and amends. If he becomes a better man the way Dorsey believes he can, he can be a role model for children and inspire them to overcome their dire circumstances.

He’ll likely have to change his group of friends here and be wary of family members who don’t have his best interests at heart. With Dorsey establishing a zero-tolerance policy for further transgressions, he’ll have to find new role models and avoid temptations. Depending on the plan laid out for him by the NFL and the Browns, he might have to abstain from alcohol and other high-risk behaviors.

But with all the Browns’ resources available to him and with his own stated commitment to wellness, Hunt has an opportunity to go from someone who has hurt people to one who now helps them. What’s more, it can happen in his hometown, where he can change the family dynamic and become a community asset.

That would be a victory not only for the Browns, but for Hunt, for victims of violence and for everyone he helps in the future.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

I trust Schefter more than I trust you.

Would the games missed when on the Exempt List count toward any suspension?

Don't GUESS.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not sure about any of this, but I can see...

--Hunt getting two series and Chubb getting two series throughout the game.

--Both players being in the same backfield a few to several times a game. Misdirection plays being called where you fake the handoff to one side and then hand off to the other side. Then, follow up w/handing off to the first guy.

--Counters and traps.

--Utilizing Hunt as a receiver in a big, big way.

--I'm thinking they will be the best tandem in the entire NFL. And it won't even be close. The Chargers dudes are very good. The Rams have a very good combo. The Pats have a trio. The Broncos have a nice stable. The Falcons have good backs. So do the Lions, Seahawks, and a couple of other teams. But no one would have a better backfield than us.

If we run that 3 Back set with 2 wide outs, you're looking at 3rd and 4th Corners and a LB covering these 3 guys.

Defend THAT. LOL

It be like in Top Gun. "Where Did Whoooooo Go?"

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Kareem Hunt should have been barred from the NFL for life for what he done. Actions must have consequences. Even if you forgive, their must still be consequences.

So if a plumber had committed the same horrendous acts should he/she never be allowed to be a plumber again?

How about a waiter? Cook? Fireman? Lawyer? Nurse?

While what he did was inexcusable taking away his career is also inexcusable.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Retro? I am not sure about that. He hasn't missed any games while under contract. He was released. If he is not under contract, I don't think he actually "missed" any games.

I could be wrong.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
He's had to grow up in tough circumstances and he has an uphill battle to redeem himself, however he does have the opportunity to do just that.

I know this can be a very difficult proposition, but he has to remove himself from the crew that he has run with. That will seem like betrayal and it won't be easy to do, but he has to surround himself w/people that make better life choices than the ones he currently has in his life.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Get rid of this douche. Its not like he made 1 mistake. He did this three times.

I predict he will not last a year. He will be in jail for assault by then.

And the people making excuses him kicking a woman on the ground are disgusting. thumbsdown
I don't see a single person excusing what he did. he should be suspended.

did you watch the video? he most definitely did not KICK the girl. He shoved her with his foot. If a RB in the NFL kicked a girl that was on the girl, she would more than likely have been taken to the hospital - and charges would have been filed.

I think you are letting your the media taint your opinion on what actually happened.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I just want to say that, if I'm walking down the street and some random drunken woman attacks me, she gets the first swing for free. After that, I'm taking her to the pavement.
And after that, you would be seeing the pavement if I saw it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Quote:

I dont think any situation happens where any sane person can say "Yeah, that teenage girl totally deserved to be punched/kicked by the NFL Football Player".
After seeing this, my questions was answered. You most definitely did not watch the video.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Maybe Kareem is the victim of his upbringing?

It seems likely that he saw his father abusing his mother at some point in his life, and its possible he was abused too, I suppose.

It appears that legal and drug issues run in the family, beyond just his dad.

Quote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...ory/2289525002/
AMHERST, Ohio — Kareem Hunt peeked through window blinds.

It was early Sunday evening when a reporter knocked on the front door of his mother’s house about 35 miles outside of Cleveland.

Stephanie Riggins, Hunt’s mother, opened the door. She closed it almost as fast when the reporter identified himself, making it clear to USA TODAY that uninvited guests were not welcome.

Watching from inside the house was her youngest son, with his signature braids and muscular 5-11, 200-pound frame. He is the star NFL running back who has kept a relatively low profile since he was placed on the commissioner's exempt list and released by the Kansas Chiefs on Nov. 30 after TMZ published a graphic video that shows Hunt shoving and kicking a 19-year-old woman.

Now not only is Kareem Hunt’s football career in jeopardy, but so is his reputation, even in a part of Ohio where he grew up being celebrated for his exploits on the field and where his father and other family members are known for something else — their extensive criminal records.

Hunt’s father, also named Kareem Hunt, has been arrested at least 35 times in northeast Ohio and multiple times on charges of domestic violence, according to records obtained by USA TODAY. Most of the felony convictions were for drug-related offenses. He was sentenced to a combined nine years in prison on nine felony convictions, but it's unclear how much time he spent in jail for dozens of misdemeanor charges.

On Friday, the senior Kareem Hunt, 47, is due in court for nonpayment of court costs, records show. The court appearance stems from a 2012 conviction for disorderly conduct and violating a protecting order, which prohibits an abuser from harassing a victim of domestic violence.

Yet until recently, the junior Kareem Hunt, 23, has avoided serious trouble and was on his way to another 1,000-yard rushing season for the surging Chiefs after he led the NFL in rushing yards as a rookie in 2017.

“I knew it was too good to be true,’’ Ava Hunt, Kareem Hunt’s great aunt, told USA TODAY. “I knew it, I knew it."

In April, Ava Hunt’s son, Rashan Hunt, was sentenced to 23 years in prison for voluntary manslaughter.

Column: Will Kareem Hunt play again? It's the question we shouldn't be asking

Column: Why does it take a video to move NFL to action on assaults of women?

More: NFL defends tactics on personal conduct investigations, but impasse remains

While Kareem Hunt grew up in Willoughby, a suburb of Cleveland, and ascended from a three-star prospect at South High School, to an NFL prospect at the University of Toledo and to a third-round draft pick by the Chiefs in 2017, several members of his family faced criminal charges.

“He’s a miracle,’’ said Lorenzo Hunt, Kareem Hunt’s cousin, who was sentenced in 2004 to seven years in prison for aggravated robbery and a felony firearm offense. He added that several family members squandered their own athletic potential. “For Kareem to make it, it’s not just validation for him, it’s validation for all of us who tried our hardest and failed or succumbed to bad situations and poverty.’’

Kevin Riggins, who family members and records say is Kareem Hunt’s uncle, is serving a 10-year prison sentence for drug-trafficking and other drug-related offenses. A cousin, Gregory E. Hunt, is serving a 12-year prison sentence for drug- and gun-related offenses.

Kareem Hunt’s older brother, Clarence Riggins, was sentenced to more than two years in prison after a 2014 conviction for criminal trespass, according to court records. Hunt’s mother was arrested in 2014 on charges of cocaine possession and pleaded guilty to driving under the influence, court records show. Hunt’s stepfather, Deltrin Kimbro, was sentenced in 2004 to eight years in prison for drug trafficking and related offenses, according to court records.

Four more cousins and another uncle have pleaded guilty to felony offenses, most related to drugs, according to court records.

'All we know is to fight'
Even before Kareem Hunt admitted he lied to the Chiefs prior to TMZ posting the video of his Feb. 10 altercation with a 19-year-old woman at a Cleveland hotel, there were missteps.

In 2011, when Hunt was 16, he was one of four teenage boys in a car when a police officer in Willoughby approached because of suspicious behavior and discovered .38 grams of marijuana and a marijuana grinder, according to a juvenile report obtained from the Willoughby Police Department. The report states that the car’s driver, Matthew A. Hendricks, said the marijuana and grinder were his and his friends, including Hunt, had nothing to do with it.

The matter was referred to juvenile court, according to the report.

In 2015 while he was at Toledo, Hunt was suspended for the first two games of his junior season for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

But it was the TMZ video that resulted in national media comparing Hunt to Ray Rice, whose NFL career ended after a video was released showing Rice punching his then-fiance in the face and knocking her unconscious.

“You see the tape and it just kind of breaks your heart,’’ said Louis Ayeni, who coached Hunt at Toledo and is now an assistant coach at Northwestern, referring to the security video from the Cleveland hotel. “He’s so likeable and when he knows you, he’s a really giving, caring person. But his choices and his actions put him in this situation right now.’’

Kareem Hunt did not respond to multiple requests for comment made through his agent, Dan Saffron.

Though Hunt has not been charged with a crime, the NFL is investigating three incidents in the past year in which he allegedly was involved in physical altercations — with the woman at a Cleveland hotel in February, with a man at an Ohio resort in June and with another man at a Kansas City club in January.

Lorenzo Hunt said he sees a link between Kareem Hunt’s physical altercation with the 19-year-old woman and his family’s checkered history.

“The only thing that he has now is a resonance, just a small, tiny, little seed of all that anger, all of that trial and tribulation, all of that frustration,’’ said Lorenzo Hunt, 36, who is a professional MMA fighter and also said he works in security. “It’s in him. But it’s not of him. It’s pain from us. It’s not his. He got away.

“It’s like all of us, we fought so hard, that all we know is to fight. To see Little Kareem get out of there, we never even saw that he had so much of us in him until we saw how he fights for the other yard, how he fights for the extra inch, how he never quits no matter (if) you got 300-pound linemen holding on to you, trying to drag you down. He never stops. That’s us. That’s a Hunt.’’

The elder Kareem Hunt was a football star at Collinwood High School in Cleveland and later played in adult leagues, according to family members, who said the sport bound father and son. Or Big Kareem and Little Kareem, as they are still known.

“We used to go to Big Kareem’s games, Little Kareem, I’d carry him with me,’’ said Dixie Hunt Dorsey, Little Kareem’s great-grandmother. “When Big Kareem got the ball to the goal, Little Kareem was right with him. I wish I’d had a camera.’’

Chimed in Ava Hunt, Little Kareem’s great aunt: “He ran out on the field so he could play. He’d see his Daddy playing, and that’s what inspired him to play.’’

The elder Kareem Hunt declined to comment for this story other than to say, “I love my son.’’

Wearing a Chiefs jersey bearing his son’s No. 27 in February, the Big Kareem on behalf of his son accepted a “Hometown Hero’’ award presented by the Ambassador Brothers of Lorain County. And video taken by Ava Hunt shows Big Kareem and Little Kareem joking during a Fourth of July picnic this year as the father sat in a dunking booth and stayed dry as the son threw softballs that missed the target.

“I’m the quarterback and you the running back,’’ Big Kareem can be heard saying with laughter.

But by the time the junior Kareem Hunt was born in 1995, his father had been in and out of jail and Stephanie Riggins was the primary parent for the future NFL star. A few years later she moved him out of Elyria, which has a crime rate higher than 86% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes, according to neighborhoodscout.com.

Four years later they settled in Willoughby, about 50 miles northeast of Elyria, a town notorious for drug abuse and drug trafficking, according to Capt. Christopher P. Constantino of the Elyria Police Department.

Stephanie Riggins declined comment when reached by phone. But Lorenzo Hunt praised her efforts as a mother.

“What Steph did with Little Kareem was absolutely amazing,’’ he said of Stephanie Riggins, who has worked as a home health aide, “that she was able to rise above her station and provide for her son in such a stable fashion.’’

Kareem Hunt was playing linebacker at South High School until the team's running back got hurt. Just like that, Hunt was starting at running back — permanently.

During his junior and senior seasons, he rushed for a combined 5,204 yards and 83 touchdowns. But the hometown hero’s status is complicated in parts of Willoughby.

A bartender at The Wild Goose pointed to a spot on the wall where he said a photo of Hunt was taken down after TMZ posted its video.

“He’s a good kid,’’ said the bartender, who identified himself only as John. “Seems like he’s lost his way a little bit.’’

But around the corner at Frank & Tony’s Place, a server who said she attended high school with Hunt, defended him.

“I’ve never seen him get in a fight or any argument,’’ said Mariah Wilson, 27. “I think the general feeling from everyone is people make mistakes.’’

Support at home
Unbeknownst to most in Willoughby, Kareem Hunt was in his mother’s home in Amherst last weekend, according to Hunt’s brother, Clarence Riggins. Hunt purchased the five-bedroom, split-level house in June for $325,000, according to property records. Riggins said Hunt was with his girlfriend, Julianne Oser, who was a cheerleader when they met at Toledo.

“You know, he’s still smiling,’’ Clarence Riggins said of his brother. “He hasn’t let it break him, and he said he’s not going to let this break him and define him."

In the security video published by TMZ, Hunt can be seen approaching the woman and engaging in an argument before shoving her back with his right hand. Another man tries to restrain Hunt, while the woman approaches him and swats at Hunt’s face, making contact.

Rayshawn Watkins, Hunt’s friend, told police that the accuser began calling both him and Hunt the “N-word.”

“It took a lot for him to get there,’’ Clarence Riggins said of Hunt's altercation with the woman, whom Riggins says also spit in Hunt's face. “But as a man, you don’t put your hands on a woman no matter what."

In the two weeks since Hunt’s release from the Chiefs, family and friends have rallied around him, according to his brother.

“The pastor was at the house when Kareem first came home,’’ Clarence Riggins said. “A lot of church people were there. We said a prayer for him and everything. He has a lot of support."

Hunt, who earned his degree from Toledo in criminal justice, has started counseling and anger management classes and has been in contact with the NFL, according to Riggins. He has cleared waivers and is a free agent, but while he's on the commissioner's exempt list he's barred from playing if another team signs him.

Among those who have taken a special interest in the situation is Duane Whitely, police chief in Elyria, where the elder Kareem Hunt has a long history with law enforcement. Whitely said he grew familiar with Hunt during his series of arrests.

Whitely has followed the younger Kareem Hunt’s progress from afar and praised Stephanie Riggins.

“It was a smart move for her, to get him out of here,’’ Whitely said of Elyria, “and move him to a different environment.’’

He said he was disappointed when he saw the video of Hunt but has not given up on the son of the father who was arrested as recently as August on charges of drug possession.

“My hope is that Kareem can turn this around, learn from it, not do it again," Whitely said. “If he can learn and grow, everybody deserves a second chance.’’

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I am having a huge issue with how the media is portraying this incident and the signing. First, why is domestic abuse being thrown around in this case? She wasn't a girlfriend. She wasn't a wife...Hunt didn't even know her. Secondly, why is it that no one in the media mentions the girl in the incident throwing out racial epithets or hitting and striking him? Why does she get the free pass? Thirdly, why are they portraying this incident as if he took a knife and slit her throat. Like he lined up for an NFL record field goal and kicked her in the head. Or that he did an MMA Spinning heel kick to her jaw and knocked her across the room. Why is the media only telling part of the story? (I guess I shouldn't be surprised....they always do this)

Lets get something straight...NO ONE is saying what Hunt did was ok. But some ARE putting a level of atrocity far above the offense. However others are trying to ascertain how bad was the incident by gathering more information. By mentioning the acts of the girl (who was asked to leave due to being under age. After which she proceeded to go bat-[censored] crazy). It adds a layer of understanding....It does NOT make the actions any more OK. It does NOT justify their actions...wrong is wrong. But it CAN lessen or worsen the severity of how bad it actually was. For instance...using extreme examples to make a point...which is worse...the guy who shoplifted a couple of candy bars or the serial killer? Are either actions OK? Are either actions acceptable? Absolutely not. But one is far more severe than the other. One is far more "BAD" than the other...

Hitting people is NOT acceptable...The problem I have is that I don't see those trying to crucify Hunt, also trying to crucify the girl? After all aren't we supposed to treat people equally???

I think it was mentioned that sometimes things just happen and then argued that there is ALWAYS a reason...Yeah that is right...but sometimes that reason is simply because you look like some other guy...Is it still your fault??? I mean come on people...lets use our brains...stop letting your emotions pull you around by the nose. Stop dealing in extremes.

What Kareem Hunt did is bad. Punishment is warranted. But it is not as bad as Ray Rice. It is not as bad as Tyreke Hill (He actually married the girl he choked, after treatment and counselling). Let's stop portraying it and treating it as if it was worse...And lets start focusing on how to make the situation better. All the Hate and Angst does nothing to help Kareem, help the Girl, or help anyone...And you can't help either if you dismiss information because it doesn't fit your narrative and agenda.

She instigated, he retaliated...BOTH WERE IN THE WRONG!!!!! By not acknowledging her actions you are saying his offense was AS SEVERE as those idiots playing the knockout game(Google it). And it isn't as bad because of the provocation. Still not OK...still not acceptable...but less severe. And BOTH PARTIES are responsible for the situation...Not just Kareem.

The kid should be punished...the kid needs counselling...the kid needs a better support system...and he needs to make better decisions. But he shouldn't be propped up as the poster child against domestic violence. It doesn't do justice to those abused and there are far more deserving to be used for that purpose.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
And after that, you would be seeing the pavement if I saw it.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
FYI, I watched the Hunt Video,,,I gotta tell you, the kid made a dumb move, but it's in no way a Ray Rice Moment.. No way, no how. Dumb yes, enough to kick him out of the league, I don't think it rises to that level at all..

I'm feeling better and better..

Oh, and I'm not offended... Sometimes when questions are asked as you did, it can come across poorly, I don't think you meant it that way, but I was making sure you knew, I was just asking. Not promoting Kap, Just askin
No worries!

Its a touchy subject. Political, football, PR wise, anyway you cut it - with Kap there are a lot of angles people take on him. I am one of the few that I could care less if a player kneels, but I truly believe with 1000% of my heart and head, if he could play at a high level, he would be on a squad.

Glad you watched the video of Hunt. I will admit, there is a thread on here when it happened, I had the same comments. "throw him out! hes a POS!" "no excuse"

Now, I still believe there is not excuse for what he did. he shouldn't have done it, but in no way shape or form did he HIT that girl. He shoved her. He didn't HIT her. he should not have shoved her, at all! 4 games I think is fair punishment.

anything over that, and I think they are just trying to use him as an example. Because Rice and Mixon flat out leveled a girl and basically nothing.

Ahhh, how nice is it to agree LOL
Yeah you might wan to save this for a xmas card or something lol.

Ha thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Actually Vers, I watched the video for the first time yesterday.. and those "guys" he was running with, actually tried to break it up.. At least, it appeared that way to me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Actually Vers, I watched the video for the first time yesterday.. and those "guys" he was running with, actually tried to break it up.. At least, it appeared that way to me.
Yeah, that's the kicker! I think the kid and his buddies are getting stereotyped a bit.

Everyone is saying Domestic Abuse - he didn't even know her, it wouldn't be DA, it would be assault.

Eveyone keeps saying his buddies and he needs to cut ties. He pushed the buddy into the girl if I remember correctly. Because the BUDDY was trying to keep him away from her. It seems for all purposes, that they had his best interest in the scenario.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard