Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Kinda feel bad for him. He was intending to be the go-to guy and put up some numbers to earn his money in 2020. Then again, 4mil would carry me a long way into the rest of my life.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Kinda feel bad for him. He was intending to be the go-to guy and put up some numbers to earn his money in 2020. Then again, 4mil would carry me a long way into the rest of my life.

I wonder if he won't end up losing money, from letting his emotions getting the better of him?

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Perriman, shut up and sit down.

Nothing is signatory yet.

No, but there is a handshake deal. That still means something if ethics is still a part of the vocabulary.

I'd let him out with well wishes.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Trade him ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
OK, so I took a nap last night, and we signed Sheldon Richardson.

I went to a church meeting tonight, and heard that we traded for OBJ as I got into my car.

I don't know what I have to do for the next big move. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Perriman, shut up and sit down.

Nothing is signatory yet.

No, but there is a handshake deal. That still means something if ethics is still a part of the vocabulary.

I'd let him out with well wishes.

Absolutely ... Perhaps he sould sleep on it first.

[Linked Image]

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Can’t blame him. I don’t mind letting him out of the agreement. He’s literally our fourth or fifth receiver.

L
Legend
Legend
L

Edited because I didn't see your post under the pic. Sorry about that.

Last edited by lampdogg; 03/12/19 10:34 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I went to a church meeting tonight, and heard that we traded for OBJ as I got into my car.

Simple...get back to church.

Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Classy move by King John.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Go find something to do ytown. thumbsup

NFL Rumors: Cleveland Browns Offering Earl Thomas 3-Year Deal On Same Day They Acquire Odell Beckham Jr.

In a potentially historic day of player moves for the Cleveland Browns, rumors say they are set to acquire safety Earl Thomas after trading for receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

On what is shaping up to be a historic day in the history of the Cleveland Browns, the long struggling franchise — a team that has not appeared in the NFL playoffs since 2002, per Pro Football Reference — appears to be on the verge of acquiring not just one but two star players, adding six-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas to their earlier acquisition of New York Giants three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

The NFL website confirmed that the Browns added their “true Number One” receiver to go with second-year quarterback Baker Mayfield in 2019, when they traded “a first-round pick (No. 17 overall) the second of the Browns’ third-round picks (No. 95) and safety Jabrill Peppers” to the Giants for the 26-year-old Beckham, who caught 390 passes for 5,746 yards and 44 touchdowns paired with Eli Manning in five seasons with the Giants.

But according to one Twitter rumor, the Browns were working on a three-year offer to bring the former Seattle Seahawks safety Thomas to Cleveland as well. In fact, the site Pro Football Rumors, added that the Browns were “confident” that they would succeed in signing Thomas.

yebat' Putin
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Look at Dorsey! Gettin' it done! thumbsup In the old days this guy would have been out of here.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Look at Dorsey! Gettin' it done! thumbsup In the old days this guy would have been out of here.

Read the whole thread. . .

Legend
Legend
Is Tampa Bay still going to have Evans, Humphries and that other guy (Goodman?)? It's not like Perriman is guaranteed a ton of touches there either.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Is Tampa Bay still going to have Evans, Humphries and that other guy (Goodman?)? It's not like Perriman is guaranteed a ton of touches there either.
Choosing Tampa Bay second should get him a warm reception from their fans...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Would like to see Higgins back though.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Humphries is signing with the Titans.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Would like to see Higgins back though.

I'd assume he signing his tender offer....

O
Legend
Legend
O
Forgot Higgins was an RFA.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Read the whole thread. . .

saywhat Things change fast.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
All Pro
All Pro
Perriman who? Kidding, but dem LSU boys are back together. smile

WR1- Odell Beckham, Jr (90.6); Rashard Higgins (68.1)
WR2- Jarvis Landry (74.7)); Damion Ratley* (55.9)
WR3- Antonio Calloway*(63.6)

We still have some work to do for the guys lining up behing the D-line, though. No depth (paper football, ftw!) Yes, I joke sometimes

WILL- Christian Kirksey (46.1)
MIKE- Joe Schobert (78.2)
SAM- Genard Avery*(54.9)
RCB- Terrance Mitchell (64.0)
LCB- Denzel Ward*(79.0)
SCB: TJ Carrie (67.0)
FS- Damarious Randall (72.7)
SS- Derrick Kendrid (46.9)

I try to take PFF gradings with a grain of salt, but there were a couple guys who fell off the map last year.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
All Pro
All Pro
I mean, if Higgins improves even a little more and Callaway makes the year two jump...is there a better 4 wide set in the league?

Add Njoku if you want to dive deep into an empty backfield. smile

I may not be the biggest fan of wide receivers as a singular position, but good gosh.

Now to only hope our o-line works out.

Draft o-line depth and DEFENSE, DEFENSE,DEFENSE.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I don't blame him for wanting out. He went from trying out for jobs to showing value as a receiver allowing him to actually being sought in free agency. Teams aren't ready to give him a multi-year deal yet but they are interested in giving him a one year show me deal. He needs to keep producing to stick around.

In Cleveland he would be buried behind OBJ, Landry, Callaway and Higgins. Not only that but with Chubb and eventually Hunt you can believe we will spend a considerable amount of time pounding the rock.

In Tampa Bay he's getting the same contact he was here only his chance to show production is better. In Tampa he'll be a #3 or 4. They are also more likely to pass often as they really have no established running game. Completely understand the move.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Exactly. Perriman wasn't thinking very clearly. You put OBJ on one side, Perriman on the other with Landry in the slot and that is a quality lineup. Perriman would have been guaranteed single coverage anytime he's on the same field as OBJ. Foolish for him to back out but it is what it is. I wish him well and hope he continues to play good ball against everyone except the Browns.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PresidentDawg2
I don't blame him for wanting out. He went from trying out for jobs to showing value as a receiver allowing him to actually being sought in free agency. Teams aren't ready to give him a multi-year deal yet but they are interested in giving him a one year show me deal. He needs to keep producing to stick around.

In Cleveland he would be buried behind OBJ, Landry, Callaway and Higgins. Not only that but with Chubb and eventually Hunt you can believe we will spend a considerable amount of time pounding the rock.

In Tampa Bay he's getting the same contact he was here only his chance to show production is better. In Tampa he'll be a #3 or 4. They are also more likely to pass often as they really have no established running game. Completely understand the move.

I don't think Higgins beats him out. Callaway maybe. But I'd make them fight it out in camp and no matter what I'd have Perriman on the field often next season. As long as he continued to show the spark he had last season of course. Now we will never know.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Perriman trying to get that dough... can't blame him.

GOod luck in Tampa.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don’t blame him either. He needs to establish himself with a show-me year and was happy enough to do it here. It’s one thing to be possibly the #3 option on a team, and another when you’re behind both OBJ and Landry.

Best of luck, Perriman.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I get it, too. But he should have stayed. Still need to sign higgins.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, I don't blame Perriman either. He agreed in principle to the one-year deal with a plan in mind....to get an additional year of solid production under his belt before pursuing the big contract. That plan went to poop with the OBJ trade.

Not saying another one-year deal is a good plan necessarily, but it was his/agent's plan.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Exactly. Perriman wasn't thinking very clearly. You put OBJ on one side, Perriman on the other with Landry in the slot and that is a quality lineup. Perriman would have been guaranteed single coverage anytime he's on the same field as OBJ. Foolish for him to back out but it is what it is. I wish him well and hope he continues to play good ball against everyone except the Browns.

I keep wondering where this leaves Higgins.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

And it just gets better and better.

Folks remember this. We are now forcing teams to throw the ball all the time. We just fixed our Run D and every 3 or 5 and out Teams will fall further back and by the 2nd quarter we can start pinning our ears back on Defense.

OBJ, LANDRY, PERRIMAN, CALLOWAY and HIGGINS. and amazing WR room!

TE Njoku and Harris

FB Devalve

RB: Chubb, Duke and Hunt

we need some depth at OL and we are looking so so good!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eo - Perriman is headed to TB now that we have OBJ

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Ok, makes sense it would make us better of course but he would not get the reps. But we don't really drop anything as we got Calloway and Higgins. We lose a little depth.

I agree he would be more successful here I don't want to get ahead of myself but man do we look like a scoring machine or what!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Ok, makes sense it would make us better of course but he would not get the reps. But we don't really drop anything as we got Calloway and Higgins. We lose a little depth.

I agree he would be more successful here I don't want to get ahead of myself but man do we look like a scoring machine or what!

Agreed. I would love to have him here but get it from his point of view.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Breshad Perriman re-signs with Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard