Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Good news dawgs ...

Njoku was just on NFL Total Access ... think he said there in Cali ... wherever they are he said right now before OTA’s they were working with Bake ... Njoku said it was Himself, VG and Higgins working with Bake on timing ... there may be more he seemed reluctant to say anything ... I really hope Calloway is there also .. THEY ALL NEED IT ...

Said there orking on timing and they’ll do it again after OTA’s ...

OBJ is in Europe ... wonder if he’s flying back to get in on it ...

YESSSSSsssssssss ... thumbsup

THINGS ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
He also said Ratley was with them.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
These guys just really seem to like hanging out and doing business by their own way of making everyone better.

Legend
Legend
Love to hear things like this... off season work is most important time....

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Good news dawgs ...

Njoku was just on NFL Total Access ... think he said there in Cali ... wherever they are he said right now before OTA’s they were working with Bake ... Njoku said it was Himself, VG and Higgins working with Bake on timing ... there may be more he seemed reluctant to say anything ... I really hope Calloway is there also .. THEY ALL NEED IT ...

The boys know what is going on. The kingdom is about to be theirs.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
VG?

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vice Grips. That's Landry.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Vice Grips. That's Landry.

So you're saying Landry's a tool.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The core of Baker, Landry, OBJ, Njoku, Chubb, Callaway, Higgins ... that's an unreal nucleus that's YOUNG

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Legend
Legend
F
Who was it, AB or Bell that was saying that once the season was over, they never heard or seen Ben until OTAs and TC.

Good to see our guys taking the initiative to work on their craft. That's one of the steps to becoming a champion.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The core of Baker, Landry, OBJ, Njoku, Chubb, Callaway, Higgins ... that's an unreal nucleus that's YOUNG
Hunt?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I'm hesitant to count on him yet smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
OBJ will be there at some point as well. Baker and OBJ both live in LA in the off-season, so I'm sure they will be seeing a lot of each other.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Look for this to be a break out year for Njoku.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

He's going to be open a lot.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

If not, look for him to be looking for work elsewhere. I hope he’s dedicated himself to becoming a more complete TE. If he won’t block, Dorsey won’t have it. He’s already made comments to such.
I’ve also noticed in watching film on him that he doesn’t appear to have a natural sense for finding soft spots in defenses. Some guys, like Witten, just have a knack for it. It’s like a QB with pocket prescience. Some guys just have it. It can be worked on, but some guys appear to have it built in. I’m not sure Njoku does.
He has all the measurables to be All Pro. This year we’ll see what’s in his heart when it comes to blocking. And what’s in his ‘feel’ when it come to on field adjustments.
I hope he excels. I’m holding my breath.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good news dawgs ...

yeah he mentioned Ratley, Higgins - I missed the part that he said Landry (VG) Cause I was huh...no Landry? to myself. You sure...I sort of saw it about 20 times as I fell asleep with NFL Network on and seemed to wake up when Njoku was on.

Also I read some rumors about Joe Thomas coming out of retirement.
1. He would have to gain like 40-50 lbs.
2. His knees are pretty bad and he stated he can't even run now.
3. I hate dumb asses that blog like they are experts and say things like that. Total Ignorance!

For the Record, I'm sure Joe WISHES he could come back but knows physically he cannot!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only thing I heard was a comment he made on NFL Network where he said he wished his knees would have held out longer. Didn't sound like he planned on a come back.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
While searching for some info came up with some Yahoo expert saying that.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V

He better. If not, he could be gone soon.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
OBJ will be there at some point as well. Baker and OBJ both live in LA in the off-season, so I'm sure they will be seeing a lot of each other.

I understand that OBJ is in Paris.. Not sure why, but that's what I read

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I understand that OBJ is in Paris.. Not sure why

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The only thing I heard was a comment he made on NFL Network where he said he wished his knees would have held out longer. Didn't sound like he planned on a come back.

He was literally scolding his knees on-air for not holding out another couple of years, lol

Folks on the Twit have been badgering him to come out of retirement.

I'm sure he would LOVE to be on the field when we win one, but he can't play.

IF we make it to a Super Bowl, I hope he is signed to a vet minimum contract at Half Time so that he can take part in the kneel-down that seals the win for us.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's a VG?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

He better. If not, he could be gone soon.

Just my 2 cents...not arguing.

He made good strides year 1 to year 2. And, he had 56 catches for over 600 yards. If he continues with those numbers, I'd say he was a successful draft pick. They're not stellar, but top 10 in catches and yards. I'd think we'd keep him around if he continues that (just not at a ridiculous cost).

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Ya, i’m positive he said VG was there ...

super Landry is Vice Grips ... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
We are set at WR and I liked when they said the Trade for OBJ would be rejected on Madden smile

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/14/19 02:59 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ya, i’m positive he said VG was there ...

super Landry is Vice Grips ... thumbsup

He knows that, he is just amusing himself.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Vice grips. Amusing himself.

Ewwwwwwww....

Legend
Legend
Here is Higgins 2018 catches and targets...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He’s been infected by the Baker magnetism.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Thanks, Turk

That was a fun stroll down memory lane.

So pumped for next season!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

As I watch a lot of these replays I am struck by Baker's footwork. Most of his throws come from a balanced platform. Yes, he makes off platform throws. He throws well on the move as well.

But on his pocket throws man his feet are right.

That helps so much in throwing accurately.

The more you watch the more impressive it is.

Legend
Legend
His feet are very quick, and they dance all the time. Then, when it's time to launch, they seem to snap into alignment, sending the pass with line and accuracy. If he's buying time in the pocket, he's never flat-footed when it's time to break contain.

One big exception I can remember: 1st half of that Denver game. He did some scrambling for sure, but that was nothing new. What was new: Dawg, how many of his passes were on line, but sailed 1-2 ft too HIGH? I recorded that game, and watched it a couple time that week. During the game, I thought it may have been the thin mile-high air. Nope.

For some reason, he was just launching them without setting much of the time. He really settled down later in the game.

But yeah- he has much better footwork/mechanics than I would have expected for a rookie. Any rookie.

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Did my soul good to hear of this. Baker is setting the bar for the team it seems. They all need the work. Gronk is available.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Baker's footwork is good at times and not so good at other times. You can see the good footwork on some of those highlight throws.

However, Baker often gets off of that balanced platform that you spoke of. The front foot opens too wide and he is throwing against his body. It's on these throws where you see him deliver the ball high and/or wide. It's why he can go from having superb accuracy to being inaccurate w/in the course of the game.

Two caveats:

1. Baker's footwork w/in the pocket is very good. He does a great job of having active feet to avoid pass rushers. His steps are short and choppy. He was taught well and he has mastered it.

2. Baker has a good arm and can still make good throws when he is off his platform.

Parting shot: Baker's footwork is the biggest reason I was disappointed that he didn't work w/a QB "guru" this off-season. Lower body mechanics are huge when it comes to accuracy and velocity. Muscle memory is huge, especially when the qb is facing pressure in the pocket.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
His feet are very quick, and they dance all the time. Then, when it's time to launch, they seem to snap into alignment, sending the pass with line and accuracy. If he's buying time in the pocket, he's never flat-footed when it's time to break contain.

One big exception I can remember: 1st half of that Denver game. He did some scrambling for sure, but that was nothing new. What was new: Dawg, how many of his passes were on line, but sailed 1-2 ft too HIGH? I recorded that game, and watched it a couple time that week. During the game, I thought it may have been the thin mile-high air. Nope.

For some reason, he was just launching them without setting much of the time. He really settled down later in the game.

But yeah- he has much better footwork/mechanics than I would have expected for a rookie. Any rookie.

thumbsup

It may have been due to the "Von Miller Effect".

I might have to watch that game again and see how much pressure Baker felt early.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd be more concerned if they were not doing this.

Legend
Legend

At times he does open. But I was looking at a normal 5 step drop within the pocket with a clean pocket.

Ideal conditions. Like practice. Like a good swing at a ball down the middle. He has pretty mechanics. The ball jumps from his hand. Fast and accurate release.

Mistakes happen because of pressure conditions. When he is looking and feels pressure he has the quick feet to move and reset. And he does it very quickly.

During the draft process my concern about him was he looked slow. I mean by that straight line speed 40 time. I saw him get run down by linemen on a few occasions. So at the combine I wondered about his speed. Thought the jump to the NFL where you have DE that can run like deer would be trouble. But he put up a way better 40 than I expected 4.84.

When he moved into the starters role. As expected he was uncertain at times. As he got used to his role and when Freddie came in. You could see the confidence grow.

Now as I look at replays of the season and cut ups of Higgins, and Callaway, etc. I look more closely. He made some truly great throws. But more importantly I think that the improvements that all need; he will make.

His baseline is super good. I bet at practice in Berea he doesn't miss much. That is why the team plays with confidence with Baker. They see him everyday making quality throws.

I have always felt when looking at young talent. Watch what they do well and see how consistently they do it. Everybody makes errors. Overtime you work at what needs to improve. But if you start from a strong foundation improving is way easier.

Tebow for example was just the opposite. Lamar may never be accurate consistently. His feet are a mess under good conditions.

I am more impressed by Baker the more I study him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Njoku/VG/Higgins working with Bake

Link Copied to Clipboard