Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well I know you like your Wine...so maybe 1 (Bottle) should be your cut off...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It started last year with the Jets game and busting open the beer fridge...

But as victories began to come in, perceptions changed. I have a few friends that no longer shake their head and a buddy who follows the Browns that is also a believer.

I am happy...

We woke up feeling a bit dangerous today.... 😀

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And get ready for some prime time exposure...!!!!!

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
adjusting to being a team on the rise/at the top is a big thing ... something we've never had to do

I'm hoping Baker's play stays strong, because that will elevate everyone else

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
One thing being left out a lot is Freddie. I have faith in him, but he still is stepping into a new realm. He seems to have the personality to handle it, but you never know.

In the back of my mind I can picture him being overwhelmed, and making bad decisions out of haste. I mean, this team has a knack for the smackdown, just when we think things are right, something major happens. Yes, battered fan syndrome.

If Freddie proves to be the man, it will be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Dawg. We're in great hands. I sense fear of failure from some.

CAP. Give this Dawg a DRINK ON ME....

HELL, GIVE HIM A BOTTLE ON ME...

I'm already on the Island, but if you got a refill for me, I'll take it! Cheers

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: kwhip
One thing being left out a lot is Freddie. I have faith in him, but he still is stepping into a new realm. He seems to have the personality to handle it, but you never know.

In the back of my mind I can picture him being overwhelmed, and making bad decisions out of haste. I mean, this team has a knack for the smackdown, just when we think things are right, something major happens. Yes, battered fan syndrome.

If Freddie proves to be the man, it will be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Dawg. We're in great hands. I sense fear of failure from some.

CAP. Give this Dawg a DRINK ON ME....

HELL, GIVE HIM A BOTTLE ON ME...

I'm already on the Island, but if you got a refill for me, I'll take it! Cheers

You got it!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Have to say I am with Freddie.

This is Cleveland's Team. Either you wear brown and orange or you don't matter.

There is no America's team that is all BS. That goes back to the day of Phyllis George when the Cowboys won. It was marketing gimmick.

Every city loves their team and that is all.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There are a lot of cities without a team. The state of Oklahoma seem to have followed Baker to the Browns. Check out NFL coverage maps by the end of the year. Much of OK would get our games. San Diego also doesn't have a team. They hate Dean Sponos, and they aren't exactly sold on the LA Rams either. They seem to talk a lot more about the Browns now than those two teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I do have one more concern in regards to how much we will improve, but I will hold off on that one for now.

Why? Everyone knows it's Baker and the reason is because he won't work out with a QB guru. You've mentioned it at least a dozen times.

Truth be told, I'm somewhat concerned by it as well. But probably not for exactly the same reasons. I wish we had more information as to why he won't. Has he done it before and it didn't work for him? Does he feel he can get what he needs from Freddie and the other coaches, more than he can get from a few summer workouts?

The biggest threat to success this upcoming season is Baker going into a sophomore slump. I'm not worried about the coaches. I'm worried about Baker getting too Hollywood, letting it all get to his head, and not recognizing that he'll get figured out and will need to be ready for it. Nothing has changed in regards to what the NFL game is all about. It's about the QB. You can have 8 HOF receivers on the team. It's still all about the QB.

Baker's play will determine how far the team will go next year.

QB guru? Uh... no. Just no. Players that use QB gurus tend to have accuracy issues from real mechanical issues. Then I can understand. Baker IS accurate. I do NOT want some self proclaimed QB guru messing with that. Baker is a smart/competitive player... he and the coaches will address whatever may need to be addressed.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Our Browns have always had the largest fanbase of all franchises. I call the name The Browns Universe because we not limited to one area. Only reason Dallas got the America's team was from CBS when they would beat Washington on the holiday and the network needed a boost in its rating process; !) lagged behind viewer rating to NBC when NBC initially broadcast AFL teams,AFL teams initially would beat established NFL team except our Browns on regular bases for marquee games and 3)CBS,failed when CBS had ownership of the Stripes (NY Yanks) failed causing sale to Stienbrenner. Another reason we were never the Team of the NFL hype machine was and still is the suits jeasousy of our initial Winning record then come in and terorising NFL teams during our initial 6 years in NFL (6 straight championship games,winning 3 which totaled to 10 straight championship games winning 5 straight from our formation) until they finally caught up to our proceedures and taking some of our coaching staff as head coaches; ie Weeb Eubanks when Colts came back in league 3rd time 1953 (failed when they come in 1950,failed then as Dallas Texans 1951-52) and took PB's draft book with him to draft players Our Browns were to choose in those rounds. Could give other thoughts but these are the most obvious.

Last edited by Passionate Dawg; 03/23/19 09:48 AM.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

This may have already been mentioned, but I'll bet HBO is wishing they had waited a year to put the Browns on Hard Knocks!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
but I'm glad we aren't on HBO this year ... I want it to be about actually working and building chemistry from now utnil the season ... the hype will already be off the charts

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:
"First down as we threaten again. A score here puts us in the Super Bowl. Odell is far to the left as Landry settles into the slot. Njoku is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Hunt are split in the backfield as Baker takes the snap ... Here we go."

That sig...chills.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Our Browns have always had the largest fanbase of all franchises. I call the name The Browns Universe because we not limited to one area.

Hey, Passionate: see how right you are, Dawg:

click here for a smile

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Road trip!!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
rofl

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Clem, I think Hard Knocks did our Browns a favor by selecting us last year. Helped to expose bickering between Hue and Haley for their own system and starter selection,although they tried to sugarcoat it till it finally boiled over and helped start the process to bring our players together as a team first mentality. There is a me in team spelling but me never gets goals accomplished until the M is turned upside down to W or WE then everyone wins. Mr. Dorsey reminds me of a younger Paul Brown

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
I hope not! One of the reasons people hate the Dallas Cowboys is because they self annointed themselves "America's Team" and haven't done [censored] to deserve it. I don't want the spotlight. I don't want to see a red carpet of bandwagon celebs and movie stars with selfie sticks clogging up the Dawg Pound. Its embarrassing and annoying. The Browns are our team. We sued to keep our colors and records and history. Were a generational team. How many of you had Fathers, Grandparents and Uncles who were Browns fans? I'm a 3rd generation fan. I watched Sipe and Doug Dieken. I know what Red,Right 88 is? I just want to win. I want to see another Freezing cold AFC Championship on the lake. Not a Hollywood spectacle.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Okay most of you know i live near Nashville. I always wear my Browns gear. A Cowboys fan approached me and said even he was excited to watch our Browns. Then he added that he didn't watch other teams except for his own but he was excited about the Browns. He ended it with, "But I hate the Patriots".

I told him I hope we win so many SB's that he hates us as much as he hates the Patriots!

We both got a pretty good chuckle out of that one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Have to say I love the quote from Freddie:

"You either wear Brown and Orange or you don't matter".

Love that. I need a shirt with that on it.

Cleveland's Team.

It is going to be a fun year. Time to go all Brown and Orange.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

They dissed our Owner Haslam. They mentioned everyone but him???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

First Take w/SAS and Kellerman was on this morning when I was working out. The lead story/debate was whether or not the Browns were the most talented team in the league. The segment was pretty long and they put up a Twitter pole that asked which team would have the hottest ticket in the league. The results from those who voted had the Browns as number 1 in the entire league. I think they got 69% of the vote.

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Dorsey.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c:

First Take w/SAS and Kellerman was on this morning when I was working out. The lead story/debate was whether or not the Browns were the most talented team in the league. The segment was pretty long and they put up a Twitter pole that asked which team would have the hottest ticket in the league. The results from those who voted had the Browns as number 1 in the entire league. I think they got 69% of the vote.

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Sashi.

Fixed it for ya. wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
What was it you said about other people just yesterday?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
j/c:

People are going nuts over the Browns and we still have some folks on here dogging Sashi.

Fixed it for ya. wink

From Sashi's time we have: (If I counted them up right)

Bitonio (Not brought in by Sashi)
Coley
Colquitt
DeValve
Garrett
Higgins
Hughlett (Not brought in by Sashi)
Duke (Not brought in by Sashi)
Kirksey (Not brought in by Sashi)
Njoku
Ogunjobi
Schobert
Tretter

That's 13. Of these, I think that Duke, Coley, DeValve, and possibly Kirksey could be replaced/cut/traded. That's down to 9. Of those 9, Bitonio and Hughlett were not brought in by Sashi. That's 7 "likely 2019 roster" players remaining that Sashi Brown brought in. Bear in mind that he's only been gone for just over a year. For a teardown, with the intention of building a foundation for long term success, that sucks pretty badly.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're not allowed to use math!

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Couple things to consider.

Who has dominated the AFC the past 20 years?
The Pats mostly and occasionally the Steelers.
Football fans outside of the New England area are frankly tired of the Pats advancing to the AFC Championship game.
People like variety.

Now you have up and coming teams on the horizan. The Cheifs Browns Chargers.
Its fun to talk about other teams that are turning it around.

curious how one moment Cleveland fans hate the media.the next they love them.
the last 10 years anytime the media spoke negative of the Browns they were looked down upon by Browns faithful.
they were called idiots dummies they didnt.do there homework....what do they know....etc etc.

now the media is embraced.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You're not allowed to use math!

Or facts.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think honesty truly bothers some people. We sucked and it was reported. But all you needed to do was look at the season prediction threads to see that Browns fans refused to believe it. The common response was to shoot the messenger.

Once again the press is reporting what they see. Only this time it's what Browns fans want to hear.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
if the Browns turn it around its healthy for the NFL.If the Chiefs advanced to the SB its good for
business.
Baker is a good ambassador for the team and sport.
he comes from middle America...Oklahoma.
men can relate to him...
common ground.
he worked his way to this position with the Browns....he earned it. not given to him.
just hard work...a will to acheive.
overcoming the naysayers.
heck Andy Rooney was still doing 60 Minutes he would even smile

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think your being a little harsh on their hero ... i mean how many GM’s working hand in hand with the best analytics department in football would have had the foresight to trade up for Kizer so we could lose EVERY GAME and net us the #1 pick that turned into Baler AND THEN be turned into Randall ... i mean that’s PURE GENIUS and proves just how great Sashi and the analytics dept. truely were ... thumbsup

Incredible forward thinking ... that takes a very SPECIAL type of GENIUS ... rofl ..

Memp/Device/CHS or Deputy won’t tell me how the podcast was ... any of u guys happen to catch it ... naughtydevil ..

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hue got us Mayfield, don't you remember? He should have won more games as coach. Luckily he tanked so we would have the #1 draft pick to draft Baker.

You got it all wrong bro.

wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess I dont understand how the Titans have some awesome fanbase.

They arent a heritage team.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's hard to take any of you bashers seriously when you don't even have your information correct. There was no trade up for Kizer, but if that's the false narrative you want to portray, so be it... continue with your crusade.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Are we, dare I say it, American's (new) Team?

Link Copied to Clipboard