Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
PETE314 #1608305 03/29/19 10:40 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sort of what I meant by "???" in the statement of new Playbook.

I just know Kitchen's thought process is big time on different formations to keep teams on their heels and in a befuddled state.

Although I think with Baker at the helm things will come to all easier.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
FATE #1608354 03/29/19 02:04 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE

Baker Mayfield has the best hips of any QB in football...helps him overcome inconsistent footwork and a (slightly) less than elite arm.

Good observation on the hip movement. However, I am not sure I would describe Baker's arm as (slightly) less than elite. He zips the ball in there pretty good to me.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Elite QB's don't need an elite arm, and a elite arm doesn't make a QB elite.

Bakers arm is plenty good. We can be happy with that and let others complain because they are going to complain about something.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Elite QB's don't need an elite arm, and a elite arm doesn't make a QB elite.

Bakers arm is plenty good. We can be happy with that and let others complain because they are going to complain about something.

This. Baker can make all the throws, and do it with great accuracy.
He can fit a ball in a tighter window at exactly the right place for the receiver better than any QB I have ever seen.
And he can do it on long throws. Long throws!!!
I don't know what else you need to be an "elite arm".
If an "elite arm" is something different, then I choose Baker's arm.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1608453 03/29/19 07:37 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
He can fit a ball in a tighter window at exactly the right place for the receiver better than any QB I have ever seen.

3 people liked that. LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

3 people liked that. LOL

Kosar was as good as I have seen. Very Accurate with ball placement.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

3 people liked that. LOL

I hit like because of her last sentence. You really seem to get into who likes whose posts on these boards.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1608474 03/29/19 08:57 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
And you really seem to like to point out that I point out who likes posts. LOL

All I'm saying is that while Baker is accurate most of the time, he isn't the most accurate passer ever. Sheesh!

E
Legend
Legend
E
If you don't think he is now, you will by the end of next season.
Move over Brady, Baker is gonna be the GOAT.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1608479 03/29/19 09:06 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
jfan will "like" that post. wink

EveDawg #1608494 03/29/19 10:00 PM
Legend
Legend

I don't want to dim anyone's enthusiasm for Baker.

However, I do think one has to have a sense of football history.

There have been many great quarterbacks like Otto Graham who most have never seen. Let alone the many from the modern era.

To claim Baker is or will be the greatest of all time is a bit much after one season in the league. Let's refresh our memory on what Mahomes just did. Not even to mention Brady.

How about we see him play for at least ten years?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Let's refresh our memory on what Mahomes just did.

In the college shoot out Baker won wink

Joe Thomas #73
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well, I'm sure there have been great QBs in history.
And they are deservedly in the HOF.

I havent ever seen Otto Graham play.

I just know that I have to listen to people all the time saying Brady is the GOAT. Endlessly in my ear about it. Wherever I go.

I already know that Baker is superior. Because Brady is a product of a system. And Baker is a product of himself.

Don't doubt. Just believe. Or watch and see. wink

No Craps Given
BADdog #1608502 03/29/19 10:50 PM
Legend
Legend

He just won the MVP.

Swish #1608504 03/29/19 11:11 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
My guess is he beats out Stanton for 2nd string QB again.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 03/29/19 11:23 PM.
EveDawg #1608537 03/30/19 08:43 AM
Legend
Legend
Well, possibly one or more elite receivers, like great players make great coaches. Well, greater, I guess. Some tall expectations here. He doesn't need to beat people single-handedly anymore. Different than when our only offensive threat was Dawson who needed to kick about FGs to keep our defense in a win.

BM makes his people around him better, and it seems reciprocal. That chemistry is here. And the mojo should get stronger.

Unleash the Elf! It is a new day.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Make that 4, I don't know why you insist on dissing those who praise Baker then complain and state without proof that if you post some thing less then praise you will receive disrespectful posts.

Don't you see the hypocrisy in your post

3 people liked that. LOL

We get it, this was not your guy, as a Browns fan you are pleasantly pleased with his first season. But come down on anyone suggesting he is a GREAT QB.

I'm telling you here and now the kid can be one of the GREATEST EVER! I've never seen a young man come into the league with the ACCURACY, Pocket feel, Arm Strength, Touch and at this young age go through progression, make time with movement. Have the belief of his peers and is a born LEADER.

Now go and tell me how wrong I am. smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Swish #1608569 03/30/19 10:11 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Baker had a great rookie season. He has the potential to be a great QB. He has all the qualities you look for in a great QB. But to claim he will be the GOAT after just his rookie season is nothing based in reality. Maybe during wine thirty, but otherwise it's a projection that is a lofty goal based on hope he'll continue on a straight trajectory to the top.

I'm sure it's something we all hope for. I'm sure it's a possibility we all wish to see happen. But to claim that as what is going to happen without any doubt is a huge leap of faith and a lot of alcohol.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1608592 03/30/19 11:05 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Baker had a great rookie season. He has the potential to be a great QB. He has all the qualities you look for in a great QB. But to claim he will be the GOAT after just his rookie season is nothing based in reality. Maybe during wine thirty, but otherwise it's a projection that is a lofty goal based on hope he'll continue on a straight trajectory to the top.

I'm sure it's something we all hope for. I'm sure it's a possibility we all wish to see happen. But to claim that as what is going to happen without any doubt is a huge leap of faith and a lot of alcohol.

I think he hits a few more bumps in the road just because he now will be seriously prepared for.

PitDAWG #1608596 03/30/19 11:10 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Agreed. My guess is Raiders fans felt the same way after Derek Carr’s first two seasons... I wonder what they think now?

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I think Carr will be fine. I'm curious to see what he'll do with AB. I think they're poised to be very good when they finally move to Vegas.

I don't get the knock on Mayfield's accuracy. He throws 20 passes on the mark and everyone is talking about the one pass that sailed over the head of the receiver when he was rushed from the pocket. Most of his INTs weren't off the mark, they were passes where his receiver could catch the ball but they just didn't, or he underestimated the defender. He was a rookie. Those are things you learn. Heck Manning threw something like 29 INTs his rookie campaign.

And not that it matters, but Carr was a 2nd round pick and Mayfield the #1 pick overall. I think some people hang on to their own assessments too much and too long. Sure, Dorsey gets credit for picking Mayfield, but those who think it was a reach and are still shocked Dorsey picked him should realize that Mayfield was the best quarterback prospect in last year's draft. It was a no-brainer.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
j/c

Agreed. My guess is Raiders fans felt the same way after Derek Carr’s first two seasons... I wonder what they think now?

I think a year from today we will see 'Raiders Fans' replaced by 'Eagles' fans in that statement above.

eotab #1608631 03/30/19 12:36 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I quoted a specific comment.

The draft is over. I moved on from it immediately. I have praised Baker over and over for the things he does well.

I'm sorry if you don't like me questioning a statement that he is the most accurate qb ever or that he is the GOAT.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I don't get the knock on Mayfield's accuracy. He throws 20 passes on the mark and everyone is talking about the one pass that sailed over the head of the receiver when he was rushed from the pocket.

That is so far from the truth. It's like it's against the law to try and be objective about Baker's game on this board.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Just being Browns fans, everything is over the top- best ever, worst thing that could happen. Fact, Baker Mayfield has just over half season in NFL- he did well, but who's to know how this all works out- example Johnny Manziel, H trophy winner, was going to wreck the league, except he got hurt running out of bounds,etc.etc.-the league studies these guys to the N degree, lets see how he does this year- HIS FIRST possible full season....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #1608641 03/30/19 12:52 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Baker had an outstanding rookie year. I just wrote a breakdown him this past week in the thread where he and the other dudes were working out.

I'm just saying that to proclaim him as the GOAT and being the most accurate qb ever is over the top. And for pointing that out in what I thought was a humorous manner, I get called a hypocrite and character concerns are brought up.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/30/19 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
hitt #1608649 03/30/19 01:17 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

nitpicking, but it was about 80% of a season... I'm not sure I'd call it "just over half." But that's me.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I don't have issues with questioning Baker's game. I don't think accuracy is an area to question, however. The most accurate quarterback in the league today could probably stand to improve accuracy, so yes, it's an area all quarterbacks could improve. Tiger was the best golfer in the world and he constantly worked on his game.

I guess I should be overjoyed we're discussing how Baker could stand to improve his accuracy, an area where he already excels and is probably top 10 in the league. If this is what we think Baker needs to improve most, then we already have an overall great quarterback.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Alright device........you and I have been "cool" the last few weeks are so. Thus, let me be very clear.

I think Baker has exceptional accuracy. Some of his throws amaze me by how accurate they are. I saw him make an off-balance throw last year and hit Duke in stride. I mean...it was a perfect throw.

I'm just saying it's pretty crazy to say he is the most accurate qb someone has "ever" seen or is the "GOAT."

With that said, I did question his accuracy "at times." I remember watching games last year and see brilliant accuracy and then seeing some throws that were off. My background made me want to the know the "why" of it. That is when I noticed the front foot thing that I mentioned in the other thread. I don't think it's a huge thing, but I think it can help him. That's all.

I do want to reiterate that I think Baker is a very accurate passer overall.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't get the knock on Mayfield's accuracy. He throws 20 passes on the mark and everyone is talking about the one pass that sailed over the head of the receiver when he was rushed from the pocket.

That is so far from the truth. It's like it's against the law to try and be objective about Baker's game on this board.

Being objective is peachy. Your brand of objectivity is an acquired taste, though, and it isn't for everyone.

...I'm trying to state this in an objective way and am not casting judgment.

I don't always agree with you, but I'm pretty sure I'd find the boards a lot less insightful without you...even if you do occasionally drive me bonkers.

I do agree with you in this instance.

Baker is a QB whose sum seems to be greater than the parts. All the hyperbole about individual traits can get a little ridiculous.

Hue's Pied Piper reference seems pretty apt. Baker just seems to bring all the parts together.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Fair enough...

I haven't called Baker the GOAT (not yet anyway cool ) and the only thing I've said is that Baker is the most accurate passer I've seen in a Browns uniform.

We can't really quantify accuracy, but without knowing I would bet he's one of the top 10 accurate passers in the league. Does he still need to work on accuracy? Sure, I'm good with that.

For me, if there's anything I want Baker to work on it's more of his reads. He was pretty good, maybe not great... and I don't necessarily want him to find the open underneath guy, I want him to watch the defense and learn how to coax them into being where he's not planning on throwing.

I think his ability to pass is part of the reason he was drafted #1. I don't think he had many mechanical flaws if any... again, that's just my opinion.

V
Legend
Legend
V
devise.......I never implied you said that. I actually quoted the poster who made that claim. The responses since then have included me being a "perv," and hypocritical.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I see what you did there. LOL.

Hammer #1608759 03/30/19 07:27 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
It would be funny if I meant it and perhaps it still is, but it was an accident.

E
Legend
Legend
E
devise.......I never implied you said that. I actually quoted the poster who made that claim. The responses since then have included me being a "perv," and hypocritical.

Does it really bug you so much that people agree with me?

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1608761 03/30/19 07:32 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Of course not. It bugs me that me saying that Baker is not the GOAT and the most accurate qb ever is resulting in insults and a twisting of my words.

It's how many of y'all roll, though.

Swish #1608762 03/30/19 07:35 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well, I'm sorry that you have been having a tanty about it all day. You will have to remove the stick yourself as I have better things to do.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1608767 03/30/19 07:59 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
There you go again. You called me a "perv" because I disagreed w/you and now it's more insults.

Swish #1608774 03/30/19 08:17 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Because you have obsessed all day and I have been ignoring it.

No Craps Given
Swish #1608788 03/30/19 09:44 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker had a good rookie season and the Browns are not looking for their starting QB.

That is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am happy to watch this play out...

The bs in this thread is ripe.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard