Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Pushes security official...argues with girl friend...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezeki...music-festival/

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't care about all the other stuff.

How much does he weigh? He looks like he's 260 pounds.

D
Legend
Legend
D
What was his girlfriend wearing?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Didn't look like much.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
What was his girlfriend wearing?

Pretty typical garb for an EDM show.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
She wore a thong and pasties.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

We've come a long was from, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D

Is her name Tiffany or Misty?

Legend
Legend

Britknee.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Britknee.

Whatever her name is, her parents must be so proud. But we digress; this is about Zeke Elliott, who can't seem to go through an off-season without getting his face on TMZ.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Waiting for the random drug test to come following the incident.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is not really surprising. Actually typical for him.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Did you watch the video?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes. He gets in trouble every off season.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Can you post a link to the trouble he got into last off-season? Also, what did he do that was so wrong in this particular video? Was he arrested? Did he hit anyone? Did he run from the cops?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ok maybe he took last off season off. I was wrong. Here is an article from his past which makes last night look more like a pattern of poor behavior with women.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761...ff-field-issues

V
Legend
Legend
V
Believe man, I know his history.

Legend
Legend
Come on zeke... so how many games does he get?!? Just can't stay out of trouble...

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
so how many games does he get?!?

What do you mean? Games he will be suspended? It should be zero. He didn't even do anything even close to warranting a suspension.

Too many headline readers.

Legend
Legend
I read it... handcuffed and while handcuffed through his body into a security guard... And he said previously been suspended for off the field issues... I think if this was an isolated incident I don't think it warrants a suspension... but wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended

<><

#gmstrong
U
Rookie
Rookie
U
This video is bs. The security guard flopped. Do you REALLY call that a shove come on! Show me something that is illegal TMZ! Like the last video from the parade, nothing was done wrong . Move along.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

We've come a long was from, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

Not if a yellow ribbon is all she was wearing....

[rim shot]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

Cinnamon

"too many notes, not enough music-"
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: UrbanaDawg
This video is bs. The security guard flopped. Do you REALLY call that a shove come on! Show me something that is illegal TMZ! Like the last video from the parade, nothing was done wrong . Move along.

Agreed, he was obviously buzzed/drunk, you could see him stumbling. The guard said something to him, and he got up to him, his arms were outstretched and he kind of stumbled into the guard he was up against the rail leaning on it, and lost his balance and went down.

No push, no shove, a while lot of nothing.

If this was any joe schmoe, there would not have been cameras following them around for so long, and the whole thing would have gone unnoticed, unreported, and been blown off as a stumbling drunk.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Give him a game for being a public, stumbling drunk.

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I don't care about all the other stuff.

How much does he weigh? He looks like he's 260 pounds.

Hahaha....

He looks bigger than 5'9" 210 lbs....

L
Legend
Legend
L
the hair adds 15 inches

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Originally Posted By: UrbanaDawg

Agreed, he was obviously buzzed/drunk, you could see him stumbling. The guard said something to him, and he got up to him, his arms were outstretched and he kind of stumbled into the guard he was up against the rail leaning on it, and lost his balance and went down.

No push, no shove, a while lot of nothing.

If this was any joe schmoe, there would not have been cameras following them around for so long, and the whole thing would have gone unnoticed, unreported, and been blown off as a stumbling drunk.

Zeke didn't stumble into the guard. He clearly went up to him with intent, says "You got something to say" and bodied/forearmed him, knocking him over a metal gate. Then he throws his arms up and says "I didn't do anything!" rolleyes

Click on the TMZ link and watch the video around the 1:10 mark.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Mountain, meet mole hill.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm very surprised to see that most others think that it is ok that an NFL player uses his size and strength to body a security guard, who was just standing there, over a metal gate.

Watch the video. If you think Zeke did that on accident then I don't know what to tell you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Mountain meet mole hill.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
I watched the video, the guard says something, Zeke puts his arms out with the "Got something to say", then steps towards him, then you see Zeke stumble like a drunk usually stumbles.

I do think he approached the guy, but I don't think the "push" was intentional.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Mountain meet mole hill.

I thought the same thing when you took offense when another poster made a reference about one of our old coaches jumping in the lake in June. Happens to the best of us I suppose.

But seriously, this is not how a good person acts. I know that we're all used to seeing our NFL players throw women to the ground or break their son's arm, so that when someone like Zeke pulls down a woman's top in public when she is not paying attention, or 'walks' a security guard over a metal fence, it's not such a big deal. Well, I actually happen to think those things are kind of a big deal and expect better from people.

P
Legend
Legend
P
There's a world of difference between criminal activity and "being a good person".

And yeah, if someone goes on forever about a person that isn't even in the NFL anymore, their obsession is stupid.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree that he used his right forearm/elbow to make contact with the security guard. I also think that the way he got up in the security guard's face could be construed as "threatening", which is pretty much the definition of Assault, legally speaking.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

Assault

Definition:
The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Check the TMZ link too. The spokesperson for the Las Vegas Metro Police Department called it misdemeanor battery. However, the security guard wouldn't press charges so nothing came of it.

I wonder what the NFL will do about it. I'm guessing probably nothing but you never know.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/21/will-nfl-take-action-against-ezekiel-elliott/

Quote:
Will NFL take action against Ezekiel Elliott?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 21, 2019, 11:05 AM EDT

Two years ago, the NFL aggressively disciplined Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott under the Personal Conduct Policy, suspending him for six games despite no arrest, no charges, and not even a civil lawsuit alleging assault or battery in a domestic relationship. Regardless of any flaws in the NFL’s investigation or internal prosecution (and there were plenty), Elliott eventually served the suspension in full after dropping his legal fight.

And the suspension of Elliott came with this stern admonition: “You must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement, and must not commit any additional violations of league policies. In that respect, you should understanding that another violation of this nature may result in your suspension or potential banishment for the NFL.”

Now, a video has emerged showing Elliott in the face of a security guard at a music festival in Las Vegas, moving toward the guard and either causing the guard to fall down or, possibly, shoving him toward the ground with a right arm that potentially extended elbow first in the direction of the guard. Elliott was not arrested or charged with any sort of crime, and the Cowboys have no issue with what has come to light.

But that’s not the end of it, as Elliott and the rest of us learned in 2017. The league will do whatever the league is going to do, and the league typically does whatever it wants to do.

In this case, the league could take action, if it chooses to. The first specific example of prohibited conduct in the Personal Conduct Policy targets “[a]ctual or threatened physical violence against another person.” (Emphasis added.) Even if the league determines that Elliott made no contact with the guard, the league could conclude that Elliott converged on the guard — uttering “you got something to say?” — in a threatening manner, which prompted the guard to back away until he fell down.

If the league finds a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy, it would be a minor one at worst. Given Elliott’s history, however, that could still lead to a major problem. “Repeat offenders will be subject to enhanced and/or expedited discipline, including banishment from the league with an opportunity to reapply,” the Personal Conduct Policy states.

Given the suspension from 2017, the warning communicated to Elliott at the time, and the league’s proclivity to take aggressive action against players accused or any type of violence regardless of criminal consequences or lack thereof, it makes sense to pay close attention to what the league does or doesn’t do in response to the emergence of a video that arguably shows enough to cause the league to conclude that Elliott is a repeat offender under the Personal Conduct Policy.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Interesting comment there as well:

Originally Posted By: sigbouncer

This doesn’t even address the bigger picture. Elliott’s girlfriend is very clearly trying to get away from him and Elliott refuses to let her. Picking up his pace to get in front of her so she cannot get past him. Then there is apparently some shouting going on by Elliott after the girlfriend says “leave me alone” very loudly. Then Elliott becomes aware that security is checking out the situation. Once Elliott sees security has their eye on him he quickly moves away from his girlfriend. So Elliott was full on with his intent to bully the girl until he got caught. Then Elliott tries to bully the smaller security guard (bypassing the bigger security guys) and possibly has a physical contact with the smaller security guy that coincides with the guy going down.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I did not read all the posts completely but the only thing "controversial I recall was when he pulled down the top of a woman standing next to him while they were watching a parade or something. Details are fuzzy in my mind. IIRC she was laughing and appeared to be a friend but not girlfriend.

It made the news but I have no idea if the league even said anything. Other than that I don't recall any issues. But then, I don't pay all that much attention to events of athletes getting into trouble. It always seems to end up like a political issue.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He was suspended for six games in 2017 but that was based on a domestic violence allegation. I don't remember all the details on that but it was heavily debated at the time. However, I believe the 'pulling the top down' incident was also factored into that suspension. Again.. details are a bit hazy here.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

These threads always become so freaking bizarre w/their double standards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Zeke Elliott at it again...

Link Copied to Clipboard