Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
The problem is parades in Cleveland, in February probably suck.

When we go to the Superbowl, I will probably go to Cleveland. I am sure they will have a watch party at the stadium. Hopefully season ticket holders can sit in their seats.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Shameful optimism. I would sit through it or risk it.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Why McCoy and not Suh?

I agree, I like Suh,

I wasn’t making a statement, i was asking a question .... i was curious as to why it seems everyone wants McCoy a lot more than Suh ... i have no opinion on the matter other than i don’t like Suh but if he helps us win i don’t care about my feelings towards the dude ...

Quote:
In the early days of the AFL I liked both the Raiders and KC because they had some nasty players.

I used to love those games when i was kid growing up .... man were they nasty and always great games .... that was back in a time when there was a total of 1 game a week on ... *LOL* ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m with U ... i’m heading To C-town for game weekend and definitely for the game and when we win a few days after that ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

i remember a time where a player wanting a shot at the playoffs would rule us out as a destination.
\

Yeah,, not that long ago,,, in fact, I think it was the week before we played the Jets last year..... That actually may have been the turning point....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Why McCoy and not Suh?

I agree, I like Suh,

I wasn’t making a statement, i was asking a question .... i was curious as to why it seems everyone wants McCoy a lot more than Suh ... i have no opinion on the matter other than i don’t like Suh but if he helps us win i don’t care about my feelings towards the dude ...

Quote:
In the early days of the AFL I liked both the Raiders and KC because they had some nasty players.

I used to love those games when i was kid growing up .... man were they nasty and always great games .... that was back in a time when there was a total of 1 game a week on ... *LOL* ...

As I've read but not seen, he freelances too much...takes plays off...so-so lockerroom guy...maybe a slightly better player but not as valued when taken as a whole. FWIW.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks to u and everyone else for their replies ... thumbsup

FYI ...

GERALD MCCOY
DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

FOX Indianapolis' Mike Chappell reports the Colts have a "level on interest" in free agent DT Gerald McCoy.

RELATED: Indianapolis Colts
SOURCE: FOX Indianapolis
May 22, 2019, 10:54 AM ET

Legend
Legend

Free agent defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is “intrigued” by the Browns and could make a visit to Cleveland, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports.

The Browns have expressed interest in McCoy, making contact with his representation, according to Cabot. Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken, who spent the previous three seasons in Tampa with McCoy, said Wednesday that Browns General Manager John Dorsey has asked about McCoy.

“I think a lot of Gerald,’’ Monken said. “He was an outstanding football player for us and he’s had a tremendous career. I like Gerald a lot.’’

The Buccaneers released McCoy on Monday, declining to pay the $13 million they owed him for 2019, and it didn’t take long for several teams to begin checking out the six-time Pro Bowler.

Reports have New England and Indianapolis also as being interested in McCoy, and McCoy is expected to begin lining up visits soon.

If McCoy ends up going elsewhere, Browns defensive end Myles Garrett said they are “good with what we have.”

Legend
Legend

This sounds very good.

I don't think he leaves when he comes to visit without a deal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

This sounds very good.

I don't think he leaves when he comes to visit without a deal.
fingerscrossed

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Frickin NE .....

Now good luck, get er done KJ ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D

GERALD MCCOY
DL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Bengals have interest in free agent DT Gerald McCoy.

The Colts and Browns have also been linked to McCoy. There was never going to be a shortage of interest in McCoy, but his landing spot will come down to money. Similar to Ndamukong Suh, McCoy should settle for a one-year deal.

RELATED: Cincinnati Bengals
SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter
May 22, 2019, 6:06 PM ET

rofl at the bungles chances ....

Legend
Legend
unless they choose to throw A LOT more money at him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I don't think at this point in McCoy's career that money is the deciding factor. I can't see any team offering an amount of money that trumps a legitimate playoff shot. I can see the Patriots and Colts being large players.

From everything we have heard...the split up between the Buc's and McCoy was mutual. For the Buc's it was about money. So you might ask...if it wasn't about money for McCoy...why didn't he restructure. Well that possibility does exist. But I am more inclined to think he did not restructure because he knows he is running out of time, and he wants to taste the playoffs. He wants to play a part in playoff wins.

I think his decision comes down to 3 or 4 Teams. The Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, and us. Personally, I think he is the best FIT here. But we may not be the most ATTRACTIVE. The Patriots are the Patriots and he will have a legitimate chance at a Super Bowl...tough to pass up...The Colts are priming for a HUGE run and can pay the most. The Cowboys have more money than the Patriots and have a Playoff caliber team. While we on the other hand... have a Playoff History that shows a single losing trip in the past 2 decades. And while we have a lot of talent, it is "new" talent and it has yet to be seen if it can all come together. It is promising, but still a gamble that the other's are not.

HOWEVER, we have one thing that the other teams do not...The other teams need McCoy to be the player he was. The Browns only need him to be the player he is right now. The Browns do not need him to be the alpha or #1 DT on the Team. They don't need him to be the guy he was 5 years ago. We don't need him on the field for 90% of the snaps...We have the luxury of being able to put him in a rotation that could possibly keep him strong and make him more productive than the he would be on the other teams and also more productive than has the past couple of years (in which he was no slouch). We have a DLine that could take away double teams and open things up for him.

If he cares about production and a shot at the Playoffs...I think we are his team...He will be good anywhere he goes...But I think he would have a better year in Cleveland. JMO

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Was this a Trump rally?

No, that was for Hue's jump in the lake.

No, they are going to watch Sashi's podcast.

You point the finger at others always claiming they don't let it go...but its ok for your agenda posting...smh what a hypocrite. don't go crying now on me being a bully, Its there and its just smacked me in the face...no he can't be saying this cause according to him its OTHERS who keep with their agenda posting on this subject matter.

On to McCoy.

He brings leadership to the locker room. A good person to have in the Positional meeting and mapping out Game plans.

Yes his better days are behind him but what we get is a less reps but quality reps as we keep him fresh. This would be a PLAYOFF MOVE as in those One and Done games - he can go all out and be a difference maker in those games.

This move if made is all about the Playoffs!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
I wonder if the team order is in regards to the general "level of interest"?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Vers didn't start it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He even quoted jfan's post. I was simply showing how dumb all of this is.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That doesn't matter. He's on a roll.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Did we sign McCoy, yet?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Did we sign McCoy, yet?

Nope! I keep looking here and cleveland.com and so far? Nothing. I'm surprised.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Breer usually has good information so I believe him when he says we're legitimate suitors for him.

However, this line makes me nervous:

"have a QB on a rookie deal"

Yes, we do, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can help but think multi-year deal when seeing that-- as in it's the reason why we should do it. If so, I hope it's not too crazy.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Breer usually has good information so I believe him when he says we're legitimate suitors for him.

However, this line makes me nervous:

"have a QB on a rookie deal"

Yes, we do, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can help but think multi-year deal when seeing that-- as in it's the reason why we should do it. If so, I hope it's not too crazy.

Perhaps so. I read it differently as to mean that we have plenty of cap space not having to allocate 20-30 mil to a veteran QB...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The Browns are in a pretty unique situation due to how much cap space was rolled over from past years.

The Browns have the 4th most cap space in the league while simultaneously also having the highest active number in the league. Meaning the Browns have the highest combined cap hit in 2019, despite Baker being on a rookie deal. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Salary cap can be rolled over from year to year so whatever is spent now is money that can't be spent later. Just something to keep in mind for someone like McCoy-- if he wants too much for too long then let someone else break the bank. We'll be fine with Richardson, Ogunjobi, and our depth guys. Of course, if McCoy would come here on a fair deal then that'd be ok too.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Might be reading too much into it, but I take the fact he is visiting us first, and letting other teams know it, as a good thing. I am hoping he gets the deal when he visits, and that is that.

If we do not get him, I do not want him in Baltimore.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
do a hard sell and don't let him leave. Or talk to Garrett. I get MG being loyal, but he should just shut up about personnel. Like not wanting us to trade for Mack or draft chubb because he thought we were good with what we had...we werent. Mccoy next to Richardson would shut down run games. We need that.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Legend
Legend
C
What a weird thing. We are at the top of the list for a veteran player who wants to win.

Getting McCoy, as many have said, who be icing on the cake. Having a three man rotation of Ogunjobi, Richardson, and McCoy would allow all three players to stay fresh without losing any production.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

NOOOOOOOoooooo ... not the rats ... i don’t want a repeat of the Earl Tomas disappointment .. it was bad enough not getting him but losing him to the rats just made it worse ....

I really want this guy but if we do lose him ... other than NE or Indi there’s not a worse spot around ...

Dang ... i hope he wants to win and as others have pointed out the fact he scheduled us first is a sign this is where he wants to be and we’ll have a true shot at working something out with him without any other visits ....

Damm ... if we get this guy .... barring injuries, it might not even be fair .... *L* ...

Legend
Legend
My first thought upon reading Ravens on the short list and then mention of Bengals is that he wants to come here, but he still wants to get PAID and his camp is dangling those notions out there to plant the negative possibility of him going to a division rival to soften our edge a little.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
LOVE that thinking ... nice noodle usage dawg ... thumbsup .... it gives me a sliver more hope and is 100% LOGICAL and makes perfect sense ....

If he does happen to sign with one of those two ... well then your just being mean ... *L* ...

I’ve never said this before ... not even about my boy VG .... THE TIME IS NOW ...

WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY ...

Talk about the cherry on top of putting yourself in position for a SB run ....

LETS GOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo thumbsup ....

Legend
Legend
Browns GM John Dorsey says free-agent Gerald McCoy will visit Friday

By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal/Ohio.com

Posted May 23, 2019 at 4:24 PM
Updated May 23, 2019 at 4:24 PM

CLEVELAND — The Browns have entered full courtship mode with free-agent defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

General Manager John Dorsey said McCoy will visit the Browns on Friday.

“It’s a chance for us to kind of get a chance to meet each other one on one and let’s find out who Gerald is,” Dorsey said Thursday in Public Square during a fan tailgate celebrating Cleveland’s selection as the host of the 2021 NFL Draft.

“It also gives Gerald a chance to see who the Cleveland Browns are and what direction we’re headed.”

McCoy is a six-time Pro Bowl selection whom the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released Monday because they didn’t want to pay him the $13 million he would have been owed in 2019.

Dorsey still believes McCoy, 31, has something left in the tank.

“With regards to his ability to play the game of football, he can still play,” Dorsey said.

https://www.ohio.com/article/20190523/SPORTS/190529014

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Further confirmation:

Legend
Legend

Lot of arrows pointed our way.

I doubt he leaves after the visit other than to get his stuff.

Legend
Legend
Hope you are correct, Bonefish. One year show me?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Further confirmation:

Being first on the list is to our advantage in regards to signing preference. The questions is....how much will he want and for how long?

Edit: Which is synonymous with any FA but I think its perhaps more relevant based on age, expected usage, and perceived value by both sides

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 05/23/19 05:09 PM. Reason: More commentary added

Tackles are tackles.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I like that he is coming here first. Dorsey is a can do guy. I'm sure when he sees the facility and if he gets to talk to guys like Richardson and hopefully Randall, it will be an easy sell.

He could extend his career with a situation like we have for him.Good rotation and a good chance to make an impact. He is 31, I would bank on it that he wouldn't mind getting some plays off at this point in his career. I also think he is smart enough to understand that by adding him, the playoff picture gets a little more in focus.

Him, Larry, and Richardson could make some history. He could add that to his legacy. How would you block our Dline with the studs we will have at every position, the DBs will be licking their chops, knowing that the pressure up front is going to lead to rushed decisions. Plus the upgrade in run defense would be fantastic.

Can I bring the dog to the Island? He likes beer, just a little heads up..LOL

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe the talent on this team.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns interested in Gerald McCoy?

Link Copied to Clipboard