Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All dogs welcome on the Island. And dawgs.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
All dogs welcome on the Island. And dawgs.

He's got a Browns jersey.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
Legend
D
What Cap said ...

Were ANIMAL friendly anyhow .... all animals welcome ..... but how do u not let a dog on Paridise Island when dawgs are native to the land ... tab’s was lonely for decades, all he had was the animals ... *LOL* ....

Great point on getting to the facility ... this train is moving so frickin fast ... talk about the cherry on top ... i really wish i didnt know he was coming tomorrow ... i’m Gonna be so bummed (only for the second it takes me to refocus on MG, OBI, Shell and Vern across the DL and dreams of elves and SB’s start dancing in my head ... thumbsup

Man ... IS THIS FUN OR WHAT????

I been out of my mind crazy with optimism since Bake through the fatal pick against the Rats ... and this has all ready blown my expectations completely out of the water ...

Hunt/OBJ to the O ...
Richardson and Vernon for the DL not to mention Williams somehow falling to us in the 2nd ... dude may have a major flaw but he was a gift in rnd 2 if he can cover 80% as well as they say he can ....

Dammit .... i need to calm down again .... *L* ...

bone if we don’t sign hm i may never forgive u bro .... I hope u didn’t just jinx it ... *L* ...

Man ... can u imagine dawg? .... ummmm ...

IMO and i’m pretty sure if your not right there with me i know your pretty close .... IMO we have more talent right now than anyone in the league .... IMO its not really close right now .. if we sign this guy .... WOW .... barring injury ... talent wise it won’t even be fair ... they still have to gel as a team and Freddie quite frankly just needs to be Freddie IMO and we got a real shot bro ...

Talent doesn’t always dictate ... but it sure does increase the odds ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh i forgot ....

Come on stars, please stay aligned ... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I don't get it.....Did his team of choice take tomorrow off work for an extra long Memorial Day Weekend?

The source could also be his agent trying to drive up the price.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I just read the blurb from one of the “experts” on my site and it said that MCoy is interested in them but he was not on the dudes list of teams interested in McCoy .... that was the 2nd time i read that ....

It almost sounds like for some strange reason McCoy has made them a favorite over us as he’s the only one mentioning them .... that fits right into what Purp says about using them as leverage ....

Any clue what ties McCoy might have to the Rats? ... if they are really where he wants to land there’s gotta be some type of connection cause were clearly a much more talented team than them today ... we have a better shot of winning and i believe significantly more cap space ....

Legend
Legend

Suh got like 9.5 with incentives to take to 10.

Something close or a two year at $16 the second year an option non guaranteed.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Something close or a two year at $16 the second year an option non guaranteed.

Sure, that's ideal for us.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Or they could have just scheduled him after the Browns did. If I'm McCoy, my list is 1) Saints 2) Pats 3) Browns/Colts 4) Bengals

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Good. We'll keep our fingers crossed. It's not imperative that we sign him but he has talent and we can use him. He would definitely help.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Billick....It's May 23rd, not March 13th.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PETE314
I don't think at this point in McCoy's career that money is the deciding factor. I can't see any team offering an amount of money that trumps a legitimate playoff shot. I can see the Patriots and Colts being large players.

From everything we have heard...the split up between the Buc's and McCoy was mutual. For the Buc's it was about money. So you might ask...if it wasn't about money for McCoy...why didn't he restructure. Well that possibility does exist. But I am more inclined to think he did not restructure because he knows he is running out of time, and he wants to taste the playoffs. He wants to play a part in playoff wins.

I think his decision comes down to 3 or 4 Teams. The Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, and us. Personally, I think he is the best FIT here. But we may not be the most ATTRACTIVE. The Patriots are the Patriots and he will have a legitimate chance at a Super Bowl...tough to pass up...The Colts are priming for a HUGE run and can pay the most. The Cowboys have more money than the Patriots and have a Playoff caliber team. While we on the other hand... have a Playoff History that shows a single losing trip in the past 2 decades. And while we have a lot of talent, it is "new" talent and it has yet to be seen if it can all come together. It is promising, but still a gamble that the other's are not.

HOWEVER, we have one thing that the other teams do not...The other teams need McCoy to be the player he was. The Browns only need him to be the player he is right now. The Browns do not need him to be the alpha or #1 DT on the Team. They don't need him to be the guy he was 5 years ago. We don't need him on the field for 90% of the snaps...We have the luxury of being able to put him in a rotation that could possibly keep him strong and make him more productive than the he would be on the other teams and also more productive than has the past couple of years (in which he was no slouch). We have a DLine that could take away double teams and open things up for him.

If he cares about production and a shot at the Playoffs...I think we are his team...He will be good anywhere he goes...But I think he would have a better year in Cleveland. JMO

I agree and disagree. At this point he doesn't want to go to a bad team for a lot of money, but at this point in his career, he can choose where he signs, and he is old enough he wants to pad the wallet as much as he can.

Heading here first gives us a shot to keep him and him not going anywhere else. It can also gives him his lever.

I respected Sashi when we pulled the offer once it was clear Schwartz was using us to seek a better deal elsewhere. I would do the same. I would offer McCoy my best offer up front, tell him and agent it is the best offer we can make, and if you leave town, the offer is off the table in two days.

Don't come back in 4 days ready to sign because then it looks like we were ready to overpay. Come back to us at the end to see if we can pay you a nickel more.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I don't get it.....Did his team of choice take tomorrow off work for an extra long Memorial Day Weekend?

The source could also be his agent trying to drive up the price.

No. Sometimes being first is the starting point. Being the last meeting is where we want to be.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I still say the Browns and the Colts make the most sense for McCoy.

Legend
Legend

Todd Monkin has had three years with McCoy. He spoke highly of him.

One would think that there has to be some form of friendship or respect between them.

That could come into play. McCoy and his agents and the others he trusts will look at the whole picture and make a decision they feel is best for him. McCoy himself will want to feel comfortable within the team.

The visit will either sell or will not.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if McCoy is looking at a situation where he doesn't have to play 700+ snaps again next season, but where he could play maybe 500-600 snaps, and have a bigger impact?

Man, just thinking about an interior rotation of Richardson, Ogunjobi, and McCoy puts a huge smile on my face. I just hope that we don't have problems with whichever player loses out on a starting spot.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post.........but, remember this: No single unit rotates personnel more than the defensive line. It really doesn't matter too much who starts. It's about the distribution of snaps.

Legend
Legend

Another factor will be Wilks.

They will discuss their defense and how they envision the fit with McCoy.

My perception of Gerald based upon his reputation as a player and teammate is; a prideful man who has shown commitment to team and community.

If he likes our culture and how he sees himself fitting in; he will go with us.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree, but I see the Colts as similar to us in that regard.

I really don't see the Saints or the Pats as big options like some are claiming unless McCoy doesn't care much about his salary. If that is the case, those two teams would be huge players. I just think it's unwise to discount money.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Once he gets in Dorsey's office it will be over. As someone on Twitter put it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
My first thought upon reading Ravens on the short list and then mention of Bengals is that he wants to come here, but he still wants to get PAID and his camp is dangling those notions out there to plant the negative possibility of him going to a division rival to soften our edge a little.

JMO, but I think that TB set the bidding or there about for McCoy, with the Suh signing.

You have to think that his agent is going to use that for leverage.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Yup, and that's a bargain compared to what his salary would have been if we had traded for him.

If we get McCoy, Madden is going to have to change their cheat codes.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
In their ultimate team mode (trading card game, comprising of both modern players and legends), the Browns already have a sick team (95 overall using all Browns) I never thought I'd be playing Madden well until the following summer, but here I am, making people rage quit by using Otto Graham and chucking it deep to OBJ. I'm sure the next Madden is going to be so fun for us Browns fans.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Did we sign McCoy, yet?

I thought Dorsey said he's coming in today.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I suppose we'll know by the end of the day if we have him. If he leaves with no contract, the chance of us signing him are slim to none going forward.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend

The Suh deal set the price.

It will be near depending on years.

He will get his price that's a given. Dorsey will have to be close after that it is how he likes us

Legend
Legend
I'm assuming he'll ask a tick above Suh ... and probably push for two years

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Offer 1 yr, 15 million... and a chance to win the Lombardi trophy... He won't leave.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm pretty sure I'm prepared for a world, in which the entire Ravens organization no longer exists! thumbsup

From the mind of Smokey and the Bandit, " Billick, do the letters - - mean anything to you?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Offer 1 yr, 15 million... and a chance to win the Lombardi trophy... He won't leave.

We could have traded for him at, essentially, 1 year, $13 million. (since his contract was completely non-guaranteed at the point he was being shopped)

I suspect that we'll probably offer something near what we signed Sheldon Richardson for in that it would be a 3 year deal that would, essentially, be a 2 year deal, if we wanted, and with slightly lower averages and guarantees. (since he is a couple of years younger)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm guessing he'll get 8 mil a year for two years.

L
Legend
Legend
L
if he leaves without a deal I think we don't have a shot. Hopefully he is blown away by the staff and facility

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Good point by all ... I think it's probably a question of how good we still think he is

31 is still young enough, I think for DT, McCoy has been solid throughout so obviously I'd think he's still a good player. These Browns don't pass on real players.

Dorsey doesn't pass on real players, McCoy would fit in nice, I just figure GUESS/HOPE he's already on the team just probably working the details out.

Glad they didn't have to give up a Running Back, in trade. - thumbsup brownie

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/24/19 12:19 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 05/24/19 12:40 PM.

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow. That's kinda amazing just to think about! thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
another follow up stat would be nice to know how those seasons turned out for those 5 teams

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns interested in Gerald McCoy?

Link Copied to Clipboard