Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I don't think its as grim an outlook as some of you. According to MKC, McCoy apparently feels honor-bound to fulfill a commitment to visit the Ravens because of his relationship with their D-Line coach, Joe Cullen, who coached him at Tampa - so it might just be a courtesy/duty visit. But she (MKC) also reports that he left here impressed and enthused with the possibilities of being a part of a stellar D-Line. She writes that while he has an $11M offer in hand from a non-contender (Bengals?), he's willing to sign here for less to be with a contender.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05...s-continue.html

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Paying McCoy and Atkins 27+ million a year is so on brand for the Bengals that I'm dying of laughter.

Legend
Legend
Aren't the Ravens playing a base 3-4? While no team stays in their base 100% of the time, I have to wonder if McCoy wants to play a 3-4 DE base.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

When I buy a big-ticket item, I shop around. Often enough I go back to the first place if their deal is the best, but I believe the smart shopper makes sure it's the best.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nobody knows how it will end ultimately, but I agree with you. McCoy has been in TB for 9 seasons never sniffed Free Agency and he wants to see what his options are. His only point of reference is Tampa Bay that isn't sufficient in these circumstances. I want him in Cleveland as much as anybody but from his point of view, he needs to know the extent of his options in order to make his best decision. That's what I would do. I suspect most of us would if we had an important decision to make and multiple choices.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns interested in Gerald McCoy?

Link Copied to Clipboard