Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Legend
Legend
E
My dog refuses to eat anything from McD's.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
My dog eats his dog food. And any food my wife or daughter 'accidentally' drop when we're eating. And paper. Kleenex, paper towels, dryer sheets - he'll stand by the dryer when we're folding clothes, just hoping 1 will fall. Paper plates. Hair ties.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You have a beagle. They are garbage disposals.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
Sorry pit, I'm not on board with the 'you get what you pay for' thing.

I don't care if it's cheap, I want my order as i requested it to be.
I always figured the burgers were cheaper because of the small amount of mystery meat they use.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

It is what it is. I fully understand the situation. I understand that most of the employees are a bunch of kids who wouldn't be there if their parents coddled them or gave them money all the time. They're not mature enough to actually care about their work.

Right now you can get QB'er with Cheese, Big Macs or fillet of fish two for five. I think one should remember that you get what you pay for. You don't want to pay much? Don't expect much. It sounds like you would do well being a Red Robin kind of guy. It will cost you a lot more but they'll get your order right and the service is good. But you'll pay for it.

Like you said, it is what it is. We rarely eat fast food. Not that we're health freaks or anything - we just rarely do. Mostly, when we're traveling, be that on vacation, or even going to my daughter's games. (1 thing I insist on is the drive thru - saves time - eat in the vehicle while putting miles down)

If, at home, we're in the mood for 'fast food', there's a podunk, hole in the wall bar about 3 miles from our house. Awesome burgers. Hand formed from fresh ground beef. It's not as fast as traditional fast food, obviously. But man..........thick, juicy, and GOOD! $5.25 for a burger and fries.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Good. People should stop doing business with companies that don't do things right. I wish more people would vote with their wallet.

Last November I ordered a bunch of things from Amazon on black friday. They lost 6 of the items. They refused to reship them. They said they would give me a refund and I could repurchase. By that point the sale was over so I'd have to pay higher price for everything. I said screw'em. I canceled my prime account. On May 27 I will be clean of Amazon for 6 months.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
My dog refuses to eat anything from McD's.

Fast food, and most of what people eat, isn't good for dogs. I know that some dog-owners need 12, 14 years to kill their pet with people food, but.....

gmstrong

-----------------

D
Legend
Legend
D
McDonalds hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and quarter-pounders have onions on them. Onions are toxic to dogs.

V
Legend
Legend
V
We don't give our dogs people food because of the risk of tumors. The only exception is blueberries, because they are supposedly good for dogs. Actually, I don't give them blueberries, but my wife might give them a couple if she is making a fruit salad. It's rare, though.

O
Legend
Legend
O
5-6 years ago, when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I radically changed my diet to fresh fruits, fresh veggies, and meats. We buy almost zero boxed or canned foods and we try to avoid certain ingredients in anything we do buy.

I used to love big macs, but since changing my diet ANY McDonalds food except their fries just destroys my digestive tract. I simply can't eat it. Most other fast foods are tolerable, but I eat very little of them.

So I got sworn off McDonalds that way and I honestly never miss it at all.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
The main point of this thread was to discuss poor service, getting fed up with it, and drawing a line in the sand.
I will miss their hot fudge sundaes, too.

I have a story from about 1994. It involves Burger King, bib overalls, bare feet, and an almost 911 call to the local Maumee police department.
It would be a wall of text and take an hour to write properly. I'm really tired from a lot of recent work.
If this thread still has legs in a few days, perhaps I'll add it to the narrative. It's a doozy, for sure.

(wow... this thread really took me back. What a memory. I've not thought about this scene in years.)

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
"Leaving so soon lamp?"

That was cool, sorry I forgot to respond to this post last night rockyhilldawg.

gmstrong

-----------------

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
You guys after get fed up with repeated poor service and swear off that establishment for life?
Well, I do.

Today I went to McDonald's, used the drive thru and they screwed up my order once again.
Third straight time, among many others.

I go to McDonald's maybe once a month and it's usually because my wife loves their fries. I don't paw through the food at the drive thru because I shouldn't have to - When I say "only cheese and onion on the quarter-pounder" they should be able to get that right.

Which they did today, but instead of root beer I get ice tea, which I didn't discover until I got home (I'm literally a three-minute drive from the Golden Arches).

So I called them up and said I'm never going there again, goodbye, don't apologize because I don't care.

They are on my banned list, just like Tim Hortons, a popular coffee shop chain in Canada and also, I believe they have outlets in the US.

Last summer I got poor service from Tim's for the last time. Not going back.

I'll miss the bacon and egg mcmuffin, but see ya, Ronnie.

Special orders and fast food go together like ike and tina...you can try and try and try but it never works out.....

I stopped going to Mcdonalds once my gf recovered from throat cancer....she needs to drink fluids whenever she eats to aid in swallowing, and the thicker, the better...so milkshakes are a perfect consistency to get things to go down the right tube....well....everytime we tried to go to the golden arches, and we ordered a milkshake...their shake machine was out of service...literally, every time.....

So, we stopped going there....

I never really cared for Mcdonalds anyways, but it was really frustrating for her....thinking she could get a quick meal, only to find out that she wouldn't be able to eat....

On a side note....both her and I learned really fast that you don't ever really beat cancer, you just survive it......and you get to deal with a host of issues that really compromise your quality of life.....but that's another story....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE
For all this time, I thought that was a Hall and Oates song.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
Legend
B
I love McDonalds. McDonalds was my Apple.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
McDonald's Sucks

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I like backyard burgers, from my backyard. Weber and charcoal briquettes are your best friends.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Charcoal shocked

I'm sure it comes as no suprise to anybody around here, but I prefer gas.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Back in the early 60's, my father had a chance to join a group that was on the ground floor with McDonalds start ups in this area, but the buy-in was more than he could afford even if he took out a second mortgage. I'm guessing that group of early owners left some wealthy heirs behind.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Back in the early 60's, my father had a chance to join a group that was on the ground floor with McDonalds start ups in this area, but the buy-in was more than he could afford even if he took out a second mortgage. I'm guessing that group of early owners left some wealthy heirs behind.

The old adage rings true. It takes money to make money.

I don’t eat fast food except the occasional breakfast. Fast food burgers suck. For a couple bucks more I can get a 5 Guys burger, or here in PDX there’s a small franchise called Killer Burger... man they’re good.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Gas is certainly more consistent and predictable, but charcoal is an art. Love that extra flavor that charcoal imparts.

#GMStong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Fast food service does not have the best reputation. I find the bad is not consistent. I rarely go to McDonald's because I don't care for condiments and growing up if I wanted my sandwich special ordered, I usually received my food when everyone else was done eating.

FF burgers prefer Wendy's and BK anyway although Wendy's I usually get chili & baked potato (yep I know the chili horror stories, actually got food poisoning from it once).

I have had horrible service from almost all FF places and had great service from them.

Now to my soapbox, I have never ever gotten poor service from Chick Fil A . I have worked customer service jobs since I was 8 years old and I really notice outstanding service. I used to think Chick Fil A must pay their help more but they don't . So I assume either they are amazing at spotting great young people or their training is awesome.

Someone mentioned Red Robin earlier and I hope to never go back there. Not that I need extra fries but when you tout as some major attribute to your restaurant unlimited fires, I would think the waitress would make frequent stops at your table to see if you want more. My daughter liked the place so I have been there maybe 8 times and not once have I or anyone at my table been asked if we wanted more fires. Its not like we had some on our plates or whatever holds them and we were still eating the sandwiches.

Also big box cashier's run the gamut also. I always try to strike up a conversation with WM, Target, Kroger cashiers because it would have to be a long day if no one spoke to you. WM are the worst. Maybe one in ten is capable of carrying on a conversation.

I was at a convenience store in our small town recently waiting in line while the cashier and her friend in front of me were carrying on a private conversation. I was completely ignored for 2-3 minutes but I did manage to learn what the responsibilities are for a baby daddy who knocks up a girl. They had those facts down solid.

Anyway, service is inconsistent at best but in closing I must say some customers can treat cashiers like crap. People are rude and getting more rude every day.

Last edited by FORTBROWNFAN; 05/25/19 12:40 PM.
Legend
Legend
Red Robin was something that i really disliked ... terrible service as well

Hardees is not around here, but one of my favorite stops when going south

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Chick-Fil-A hires nice people, and trains them to be service superstars.

When I ran my Wendy's, I got rid of some highly competent people, who didn't know how to be nice to my customers. I hired nice people. I could train people to be competent, but I couldn't train them to have a base level of niceness. I wanted my people to always say "please" and "thank you", and also "have a great day!" when the guest left the counter, or the drive thru window. I also empowered my people to immediately correct a problem for a guest. I wanted to be alerted afterwards, but i didn't want my guests to have to wait for our mistake to be corrected. My DM was sure that I would have my employees taking advantage of us to give their friends free food, but our food cost was usually in line.

I wanted my guests to know my employees. I often had guests calling my window people by name, and I had people who came in 3-5 times/week for lunch.

Friendliness is the least expensive, and most effective way to build sales. Cleanliness is also vital, as is food quality, but people will forgive a screw up here and there, if their problem is fixed right away, and with a smile and apology.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I could train people to be competent, but I couldn't train them to have a base level of niceness.

Isn't that the truth. A lot of people just have no clue how they come across to others, and wonder why they get negative reactions. There are also people that see niceness/politeness as a sort of weakness.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Charcoal shocked

I'm sure it comes as no suprise to anybody around here, but I prefer gas.

I have a gas grill too, I named it GM. I should put a name plaque under the starter button, Pull My Finger.

#GMSTRONG
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
j/c:

My favorite growing up in Oberlin was Burger Chef.

Best bacon cheeseburger around.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I like Panera Bread. There is a lot to be said for eating clean healthy food.

But its so damn expensive there. Who is gonna pay 12 dollars (not including tip) for a turkey sandwich and some chips.

I now buy the ingrediants at the grocery store, including fresh crusty bread from the bakery, and the fancy meat from the deli, for way less than 12 dollars a sandwich. And its just as good.

Probably better because Panera turkey is very bland, and the handsliced deli turkey is seasoned/spiced and tastes really good.

No Craps Given
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't eat McDonald's all that often, but the ones around me are really good, we actually live less than a mile from one that is open 24 hours.

I prefer burger king more if I am going to get fast food, but the ones around me tend to mess up. Love a good whopper though

O
2nd String
2nd String
O
I eat Wendy's Mr.Hero and subway. I like the baconator way more then the whopper and big mac.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Legend
Legend
T
You made me realize, even though I always meant to, I've still never been inside a Panera Bread,

Do they have anything in there except loaves of fancy bread?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Its upscale fast food that tries to be healthy. So mainly sandwiches, salads, and soups.

https://delivery.panerabread.com/menu/category/

It's way over priced, but quality food.

I like it once in a while.

It gives me inspiration to shop better at the grocery store. wink

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Bland soups.
Flavorless sandwiches.
Attractive, if somewhat 'corporate/sterile' dining areas.

I suggest you step into one just to see what it looks like. If you step out immediately, you will not have missed a single thing worth experiencing.

#GMStong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I do understand the 12 dollars for a sandwich and chips, found that at a greek deli once,

hmm, ended up a small bit of meat, a slice of lettuce and tomato between two slices of white bread served in a fancy, heavy piece of paper wrap, and the chips were the smallest size bag that's commonly made,

but it tasted unique, I've been back 7 or 8 times in 20 years, oh well, I guess 12 dollars doesn't mean that much these days.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Mark Twain said he would not join a club that would have himself as a member. Think about it, Panera is a slight bit more pristine, (in my eyes), that I've never darkened it's doors. grin

E
Legend
Legend
E
You can do way better at the grocery store.

I used to only get prepackaged sandwich meat at the grocery store, then I got mad at Panera Bread for charging me 12 dollars for a sandwich.

So I tried the grocery store deli meat, and it was like stepping into a new tastebud universe. That meat is all seasoned and spiced. They will let you sample it before you buy it.

I tell you....once you go deli you never go back to prepackaged stuff.
And way tastier than Panera. Way cheaper.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
So.... Panera was your 'gateway drug?'

I get it.

#GMStong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
So.... Panera was your 'gateway drug?'

I get it.

Basically lol.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Bland soups.
Flavorless sandwiches.
Attractive, if somewhat 'corporate/sterile' dining areas.

I suggest you step into one just to see what it looks like. If you step out immediately, you will not have missed a single thing worth experiencing.

I went into one years ago. I ordered a half sandwich and a soup for something like $14, with a drink. I got this tiny sandwich with 1 slice of lunch meat on it, which had very little flavor to it, with some lettuce and tomato ...... and a thimble of very pedestrian soup.

People around me are commenting on how great the food was .... and I'm like "what???".

I might have had a better assessment of the food if it had cost like $3 ...... but for the money, I'd rather go have a real meal. I could go to a higher end restaurant like the Springfield Grille, and get a nice lunch for about $5 more, or go to many other mid range sit down restaurants and have a decent meal for about the same price.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
yup.

#GMStong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Done with McDonald's

Link Copied to Clipboard